Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 08-24-2012, 03:07 AM

Coping with Jealousy

While sitting by myself today and listening to some music, my mind naturally began to wander towards a breakup I have just gone through and the feelings I have been subject to; and then I found/ figured out something hilarious.

I don't miss her companionship at all. Every sensation of negativity I have now been feeling is just jealousy in one shade or another. I don't want to sit and have conversations with her or anything of that nature, I just don't like the thought of my ex being with another guy. It's simple and perhaps childish.

So how would you cope with this seemingly mundane yet increasingly annoying sensation? Perhaps it is the final feeling you feel before you completely let go?

Discuss; or give me advice.

Unread 08-24-2012, 03:30 AM

Re: Coping with Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNoOne View Post
While sitting by myself today and listening to some music, my mind naturally began to wander towards a breakup I have just gone through and the feelings I have been subject to; and then I found/ figured out something hilarious.

I don't miss her companionship at all. Every sensation of negativity I have now been feeling is just jealousy in one shade or another. I don't want to sit and have conversations with her or anything of that nature, I just don't like the thought of my ex being with another guy. It's simple and perhaps childish.

So how would you cope with this seemingly mundane yet increasingly annoying sensation? Perhaps it is the final feeling you feel before you completely let go?

Discuss; or give me advice.
I know how you feel. It really ***** and there is nothing you can do about it. You have to just surrender and focus on things that make you happy. Stay busy, be with friends. When the green giant starts rearing it's ugly head, consciously think of something else, go work out, call a friend, take a walk. Give it time, it will get easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vista For This Useful Post:
KingNoOne (08-24-2012)
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:10 AM

Seize the opportunity to outgrow those less than desirable inclinations before entering another relationship!
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonark View Post
Seize the opportunity to outgrow those less than desirable inclinations before entering another relationship!
Haha that's the plan. Unfortunately I have found myself prowling around and meeting alot of girls recently. I think that's just me trying to build up a feeling of comfort though once again. I'm keeping them all at arms length.

Not the best personality trait to have haha.
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNoOne View Post
Haha that's the plan. Unfortunately I have found myself prowling around and meeting alot of girls recently. I think that's just me trying to build up a feeling of comfort though once again. I'm keeping them all at arms length.

Not the best personality trait to have haha.
Well we all have our flaws, fortunately jealousy is a problem that is quite human and I certainly have it in spades

Jealous feelings might be circumvented by contemplating your own eagerness to get back on the prowl in relation to her involvement with men other than yourself. We've all got a right to move on once it's time to yeah? She's out there now and so are you.

Last edited by Zonark; 08-24-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:58 AM

I know the perfect way to forget. It's the perfect lobotomy, so perfect in its destruction of the memories of your paramour, it will leave everything else intact. You can buy jealousy, coveting, anger, sadness all a one way ticket to the nether regions of your mind. The idea is simple enough. You were not receiving from your paramour that which you coveted: value. You want her to be yours entirely, and if she is not, it diminishes your sense of self, and it diminishes your sense of what the relationship meant to you. When she focuses her attention on you, you feel like number one, delighted, exhilarated that she thinks you are special, second to none. The "harmful" flirtations sabotage that dream, making it a nightmare.

To get out of it, you have to replace those feelings. Jealousy is a reflection of our own deficiencies, of things that are lacking, which we feel we should have in our lives but do not. We then covet that which we do not have to the point of jealously. Your ex-girlfriend for example. You want her for the way in which she makes you feel about your self. Now, think of other ways in which you can think of yourself in the same sense, with the same respect.

Try accomplishing something great, something that you have always wanted to do. Take it to the top. And when you do complete it, bathe in the joy of completing something wonderful. And there! That's when you'll find the first elements of woe laden memories coming to an end.

Call up those friends you've lost contact with. See if they would be down to go camping. Maybe they will bring a cute girl. You never know. But the key is to make a move, and remove yourself from any possible item, place, etc, that will bring a memory back. Cut those mental and emotional chains you set on yourself and fly away. It's the only way. You just have to forget. Pay her less and less attention and then one day ::PooF:: like a puff of smoke, she's gone.

Last edited by Cypocryphy; 08-24-2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: misspellings and such
The Following User Says Thank You to Cypocryphy For This Useful Post:
KingNoOne (08-24-2012)