Am I unattractive to men?

Cxxxcxxx

I get told I’m pretty generally but am never pursued like those around me. I’ve also never been in a relationship and am curious if my troubling aspects (such as Moon square Venus and Venus square Saturn) could be the reason why. I feel as though I don’t exude the natural kind of appeal that women should, or perhaps I’m simply not that attractive seeing as my chart has very few placements that would indicate beauty (like Venus in H1), charm, sensuality, etc. Is there any way to improve or work on these things astrologically?

Last edited:

tingding

I can't give you a full answer, but I will say that having moon sq venus (I share this aspect) does not make on seem unattractive. I have had many emotional and sexual relationships. Marilyn Monroe had it as well.

My understanding is that it can make the individual feel as if they are never receiving enough love or that they are unlovable? Does this apply to you? Even when the native is actually receiving more love than most.

Is it possible that you are seen intimidating and not easy to approach? You have an Aries asc. ruled by Mars which is conj your MH. That makes me think you exude a lot of strong, almost masculine energy. Don't mistake that for me saying you come across manly. Just having a more strong presence. I would guess that you do not come across as a shy, demure, submissive dainty flower. You could come across as domineering and bossy, which could scare SOME men, but not all. I also imagine this is a great placement for you to achieve success in your career.

I am unsure how old you are. I see your venus (conj mars) is also in Capricorn, and are both square saturn (which rules over both in your chart as they are both Cappy and both 10th house!). This could very much affect the way you feel about love, relationships and your own desirability. I don't have firsthand experience with a configuration like this, but I think it can make you feel unloved/unlovable, alone, unable to connect. My understanding is that issues involving saturn will improve over time, which is why I mentioned your age. It may be that you will be a "late bloomer). You may be very shy in matters of romance and sexuality and may want to do some "work" on self acceptance, self love and seeing your value as an emotoinal being (rather than just your material value, etc.). Even though you are probably outgoing in some ways with a strong presence, you could also be perceived as being emotionally reserved/closed off, which could turn away potential suitors. I think you would do best with a partner who is very practical and serious

You and I also share Pluto conj Sun (mine is 7th house). It can make you a very INTENSE person. I know from personal experience that some men can be very intimidated or put off by my level of intensity. It has scared men away, but that is ok as those men aren't a good match for me. I need a partner who can match my level intensity.

It takes a man who is strong in his own masculinity to feel comfortable with a woman who is strong, knows what she wants, and isn't afraid to speak out. There are some men who prefer women who are submissive and willing to accept older gender roles. Based on your chart, I don't think this applies to you!

My advice is to be aware of how your project yourself outward, learn to be comfortable making the first move, and really think about what you need in a partner. You appear to be very strong willed and determined, it may be that the right person is going to come along a little later in life due to all the saturn influence.

I'm sorry if any of this is off!

jac

Perhaps those around you are pursued because they're easy marks.
I'm sure you're just fine.

Atractiveness is a phony construct created by the media and marketing. It also reinforces putting (and keeping) women (and men foolish enough to buy into it) into a limiting box.

My advice is, go after and do ALL those things that occupy you and give you meaning and relevence. Those who are worthy of your time and affections will see the real you and be drawn!

Seriously, do you WANT the kind of characters who are going after these women in the first place?

Cxxxcxxx

Thanks so much for your replies! I’m definitely going to take both of your respective advice and try to figure out how to apply it to my self worth. @tingding I feel like you were incredibly accurate in all of your points in regards to my chart, especially in your evaluation of my somewhat young age and likelihood of being outgoing yet reserved. I’ve often been told that I give off a confusing vibe because I come off as immensely welcoming but also distant at the same time. Lately it seems as though a few people with Capricorn Suns may be more likely to be drawn to me, which is interesting since you said I might do best with a serious and practical partner, but I also feel like they might find my energy to be more “aloof” than intense, which seemed to bother one with a Scorpio Venus quite a bit. Do you know what might be the cause of this mismatched energy that I’m giving off?

tingding

Sorry for the delay in responding! I've had a very busy week.

Considering that both your Venus (to simplify things, I'll say this is the "way" you experience things like romance/romantic love) and mars (if you're a hetero cis woman, it indicates some of what you find sexually attractive in a male partner, in addition to the way you may express base sexuality) are BOTH in Capricorn, I think it's safe to say that you may find that you're quite attracted/attractive to Capricorns. Especially if they're sun is conjunct one planet or the other.

The reason you seem outgoing on the surface is that your ascendant is aries. So the way you express your physical presence (also the lens you see the world through/the lens others see you through) comes across as outgoing, dynamic, possibly headstrong.

But behind that, your emotions are exactly on the surface. Your moon is in libra, which, while giving you a natural instinct to be balanced, fair and charming, may also come across as emotionally aloof as it's an air sign.

So you may seem welcoming on the surface, and able to meet people and talk to them with ease. But it's not easy for people to get to know you on a deeper level.

The reason I asked about your age is that the planets that I see as the romantic relationship planets are both in Capricorn and ruled by Saturn. Saturn can be restrictive when you're young, but tends get better over time. This is why I thought you may be a late bloomer with romantic/sexual relationships. There is nothing wrong with that, of course! It may just take a little longer for you to be comfortable expressing those energies. But when they do come into your life, they will be mature, stable and capable. The fact that these two planets are square Saturn, also makes me think there will be a delay in you really harnessing these

So, while you may not feel that you're attracting as many men as some of your peers, it's quality that you need, not quantity, so it's a good thing. I would assume you take matters of the heart VERY SERIOUSLY, so there is no reason to rush into anything just to "keep up" with other people your age.

Having people hit on your is in no way a meter of your worth, or even your desirability. It's a reflection of how approachable you come across. You are young, and looking at your chart makes me fell that you have more important things to focus on, following your goals, setting yourself up on the right path. Romantic relationships will come later, but they will never be your primary focus in life, so I think you should focus on the Saturn lesson of patience.

I may be wrong as I am not super knowledgeable, but I think that saturn challenges often ease up after your first Saturn return? I could be wrong though, I love astrology, but I lack discipline and have a hard time committing to study of any kind. I'm envious of the potential for focus on the career in your chart! :biggrin:

Cypocryphy

I get told I’m pretty generally but am never pursued like those around me. I’ve also never been in a relationship and am curious if my troubling aspects (such as Moon square Venus and Venus square Saturn) could be the reason why. I feel as though I don’t exude the natural kind of appeal that women should, or perhaps I’m simply not that attractive seeing as my chart has very few placements that would indicate beauty (like Venus in H1), charm, sensuality, etc. Is there any way to improve or work on these things astrologically?

https://imgur.com/gallery/pN47c8Q

Can you repost your chart for everyone using astrodienst. Out of curiosity I looked at your chart, and I can't understand how your :venus: and :mars: AND MC can be in :capricorn: and both :trine: the midheaven and :square: the ascendant.

It doesn't make any sense. So I recommend the "extended chart" section at www.astrodienst.com

tingding

I think whatever program was used used orbs that were way too wide and also possibly (mistakenly) used the trine symbol when it was meant to be conjunct? By degree mars is conj the MH, not trine.

Cxxxcxxx

Sorry for getting back to you guys so late. I’m reposting my astrodienist chart like you asked for @cypocryphy. My original one was the cafeastrology chart. I didn’t realize they weren’t all made equal haha. Anyways here it is. I really look forward to what you all have to say! I also wonder how these differences in the charts affect my reading as i’d always relied on the cafe astrology chart in the past.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Venus placements in Capricorn and Aquarius (in your case, the 10th house, like mine in Aries) are dampers to romantic and sexual relationships from formation and completion, and it's opposite Cancer in IC or the 4th, not a good thing to have in a natal chart when you're looking for love or attracting other people. Your sun/Pluto/Mercury conjunction in 8th in Sag. means an opposite effect of luck in finding the right one in your love life...and Saturn in Aries - 12th close to your ASC opposite moon in 6th is a problematic factor in obtaining a single boyfriend, and the 6th being Libra leads to an imbalance instead of stability. Your natal chart 8th-11th houses quarter are a mess.

And contrary to what tingding says, a Venus in Aries for me complicates the search for someone to love or relate with, and I'm an Aquarius sun/moon man, so I rather avoid Aries women along with Scorpios (both signs ruled by Mars and Pluto). Your generational planet is Uranus in Aquarius (the planetary sign ruler) conjunct Jupiter, which means you have an unique and unconventional idea about what a man should be to you. And your Mars and Neptune conjunction in MC Capricorn will be chaotic in the difficult path of finding that special someone, and I find you don't have very high standards or expectations, you just want an ideal partner you're able to connect with.

kore

Mars and Venus in Cap. You have to be the pursuer. Cap Venus' are kind of cold. Capricorn Mars females are strong. They have to go get it. Transit Pluto conjunct Venus is an intense transit. Venus is in your 10th, better to use this energy for the work. Venus-Saturn tend do better in age gap relationships, i.e. working for/or amongst older people.

Cxxxcxxx

Venus placements in Capricorn and Aquarius (in your case, the 10th house, like mine in Aries) are dampers to romantic and sexual relationships from formation and completion, and it's opposite Cancer in IC or the 4th, not a good thing to have in a natal chart when you're looking for love or attracting other people. Your sun/Pluto/Mercury conjunction in 8th in Sag. means an opposite effect of luck in finding the right one in your love life...and Saturn in Aries - 12th close to your ASC opposite moon in 6th is a problematic factor in obtaining a single boyfriend, and the 6th being Libra leads to an imbalance instead of stability. Your natal chart 8th-11th houses quarter are a mess.

And contrary to what tingding says, a Venus in Aries for me complicates the search for someone to love or relate with, and I'm an Aquarius sun/moon man, so I rather avoid Aries women along with Scorpios (both signs ruled by Mars and Pluto). Your generational planet is Uranus in Aquarius (the planetary sign ruler) conjunct Jupiter, which means you have an unique and unconventional idea about what a man should be to you. And your Mars and Neptune conjunction in MC Capricorn will be chaotic in the difficult path of finding that special someone, and I find you don't have very high standards or expectations, you just want an ideal partner you're able to connect with.

@CapAquaPis thanks for your input! This was exactly what I was worried about. Do you have any suggestions on how I might be able to work with these disadvantages and difficulties present in my chart or do you think I should just learn to accept the challenges and perhaps focus on something else? At risk of sounding dramatic, would you say my love life is doomed. Also we’re you meaning to say ascendant in Aries instead of Venus? In your opinion is my chart a bad one in general?

watcherofthesouth

I'd also consider Jupiter (significant other) in Aquarius ("to cut off"). If someone is attracted to you, the energy breaks. So you should pursue prospects who have Aquarius energy (astrologer, social worker, artist, politician, etc). to offset the "cut." If I were to go with the degree theory, your Venus is at 18 degrees. That might make you seem as if you were less than angelic, for lack of a better term. The best thing you can do is work with the trines (Jupiter trine Moon). If you visit/live in Asian countries or other Libra locations you may encounter some great opportunities.