Transit of Mars in Libra

M

may28gemini

I grew up middle class - definitely no privilege at all, although my parents gave me as much as they could. I do feel that I was treated differently than my younger sister though. I was told that any season I was not playing a sport or during summer that I needed to work, but I cannot say the same for my sister who has Mars in the 10th whole sign also (in Scorpio). She definitely mooches off my parents and I find it infuriating. Granted she is nearly 10 years younger than me but I worked two jobs while attending college and never asked my parents to pay for my shopping or going out on a Friday or Saturday night.

Perhaps you are right though, I find it very difficult to accept money from someone else. When I was unemployed for four months my parents wanted to help pay my rent but I refused and said I would figure it out myself.

Haha thanks. Ummm kind of terrifying. I cried a lot and felt like a loser. I ended up depleting a large chunk of my savings account but overall everything ended up ok!

Told you!!! It's really a sharp/drastic sink or swim...! I think it's hilarious that your younger sister is Scorpio Mars and is an expert moocher :lol::lol::lol: but at the same time, I don't know her chart (I don't know your chart other than the basics of what you previously described) and she's got a totally different chart than you and all the planets gotta be really different for her to get set up as a "moocher." But overall, Taurus-Scorpio are the $$$ signs of the zodiac and can be really scammy (like money laundering for Taurus and fraud for Scorpio when in Mars).

I always think it's extremely funny and silly when I hear people say they want to change their chart where it concerns their parents. The natal chart shows what kind of relationship you have with your parents, so in order to change that part of your chart, you'd really gotta change parts of your parents' natal charts too, and that's NOT possible on both accounts.

My dad's Libra Mars in the 6th house- the house of Mars' joy. When he was 17, he was on his "own" because his Cap father "released" him into the wild of Los Angeles in the 70s. My dad did fairly well for himself going to school and working and even supported his younger Aries brother and occasionally helped out his younger Libra sister. My dad did college and worked full time, paid for his housing and everything. I believe my Cap grandfather paid for my dad's education but everything else my dad had to come up on his own. My grandfather never pushed any of his other children...just my dad. Even now at 60, my dad's bored and depressed in life if he has no work to keep himself occupied but he's an extremely reliable person (character-wise). I didn't inherit his necessity to work as I was born a lounger :lol::lol::lol: but between my chart and my father's chart, it shows that no matter what, he has a soft spot for me and doesn't want to see me suffer hardships (like his Jupiter conjunct my Venus). My father doesn't have a "blindness" for me, as in he doesn't ignore my shortcomings, he would rather not talk about them as a general whole :innocent: By all accounts, it would seem extremely odd that a very Scorpio parent would be doting, esp. on a Gemini child, but our charts match up to give that sort of result. Even my former father-in-law is Scorpio with Cap Mars use to dote on me, more than he did on his own son (my ex) and nearly as much as his own daughter (my ex's older sister).

There's some other things to look for when comparing synastry between the charts of parents and child. I suspect your sister has the "right" kind of synastry for your parents to allow her to mooch of off them but you have synastry with your parents that is different. Also, your parents could have had your sister at a time when they came into greater money so in a sense, your sister was born in the most "opportune" time. Another thing is kids born during the parents' Saturn's return mean a lot to that parent. Don't be surprised if you investigate parent and child pairings who share the same Saturn signs and the parent totally loves that child more than their other children. My father was gipped of Libra Saturn because he was born 2 weeks too late to come in at 29º Libra Saturn but he talked my mother into having me and I was born with 3º Libra Saturn...early. I mean more to my dad than my younger brother who was born during my mother's Saturn return. They both have Sagittarius Saturn, and my mother has always favored my brother. She thinks I'm mean and evil (in loose terms) :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

anjelik

Told you!!! It's really a sharp/drastic sink or swim...! I think it's hilarious that your younger sister is Scorpio Mars and is an expert moocher :lol::lol::lol: but at the same time, I don't know her chart (I don't know your chart other than the basics of what you previously described) and she's got a totally different chart than you and all the planets gotta be really different for her to get set up as a "moocher." But overall, Taurus-Scorpio are the $$$ signs of the zodiac and can be really scammy (like money laundering for Taurus and fraud for Scorpio when in Mars).

I always think it's extremely funny and silly when I hear people say they want to change their chart where it concerns their parents. The natal chart shows what kind of relationship you have with your parents, so in order to change that part of your chart, you'd really gotta change parts of your parents' natal charts too, and that's NOT possible on both accounts.

My dad's Libra Mars in the 6th house- the house of Mars' joy. When he was 17, he was on his "own" because his Cap father "released" him into the wild of Los Angeles in the 70s. My dad did fairly well for himself going to school and working and even supported his younger Aries brother and occasionally helped out his younger Libra sister. My dad did college and worked full time, paid for his housing and everything. I believe my Cap grandfather paid for my dad's education but everything else my dad had to come up on his own. My grandfather never pushed any of his other children...just my dad. Even now at 60, my dad's bored and depressed in life if he has no work to keep himself occupied but he's an extremely reliable person (character-wise). I didn't inherit his necessity to work as I was born a lounger :lol::lol::lol: but between my chart and my father's chart, it shows that no matter what, he has a soft spot for me and doesn't want to see me suffer hardships (like his Jupiter conjunct my Venus). My father doesn't have a "blindness" for me, as in he doesn't ignore my shortcomings, he would rather not talk about them as a general whole :innocent: By all accounts, it would seem extremely odd that a very Scorpio parent would be doting, esp. on a Gemini child, but our charts match up to give that sort of result. Even my former father-in-law is Scorpio with Cap Mars use to dote on me, more than he did on his own son (my ex) and nearly as much as his own daughter (my ex's older sister).

There's some other things to look for when comparing synastry between the charts of parents and child. I suspect your sister has the "right" kind of synastry for your parents to allow her to mooch of off them but you have synastry with your parents that is different. Also, your parents could have had your sister at a time when they came into greater money so in a sense, your sister was born in the most "opportune" time. Another thing is kids born during the parents' Saturn's return mean a lot to that parent. Don't be surprised if you investigate parent and child pairings who share the same Saturn signs and the parent totally loves that child more than their other children. My father was gipped of Libra Saturn because he was born 2 weeks too late to come in at 29º Libra Saturn but he talked my mother into having me and I was born with 3º Libra Saturn...early. I mean more to my dad than my younger brother who was born during my mother's Saturn return. They both have Sagittarius Saturn, and my mother has always favored my brother. She thinks I'm mean and evil (in loose terms) :lol::lol::lol:

Haha I'm laughing about Scorpio being the moocher sign. I can see that with certain people I know. Also the money laundering thing is interesting as well. Someone I know with a Scorpio rising has done some things I do not agree with.

Both my parents have their Saturn in Libra. My dad at 1 degree and my mom at 13 degrees. Mine is at 21. My sister's is at 0 degrees Aquarius. My mom loves me more but my dad loves my sister more. My sister used to cry to my mom as a child because she said my mother loved me more than her. My mom criticizes my sister more and thinks I'm the golden child, which is hilarious because my mother and I used to fall short of physical combat when I was a teenager but she for some reason has blocked that out of her head. I even remind her how awful I was and defend my sister and yet I am still the best in her eyes. It's pretty interesting.

M

may28gemini

Well, Scorpio rising isn't enough to be a moocher, nor Scorpio Sun, nor even just Scorpio Mars alone. Neither is Taurus. As I said, they're just both $$$$ signs of the zodiac but how one makes one's fortune/money depends how the chart is set up. There are certain conditions in the chart to make it more likely that having certain planets in certain signs in certain houses can give an output of spoiled brat/moocher vs an entrepreneur and all sorts of various leanings towards specific professions.

Caro

It is interesting I think a lot of this discussion(which has been interesting) has been about values - how we value ourselves and also our values in relationship with others(parental influences which may shape our values /beliefs about ourselves) So perhaps this transit will make us look at our self worth and values also and seek to improve that.(mars in libra (and the venus connection)

I have been connecting with friends from the past via the internet recently, perhaps when mars rx I will meet up with them and look back. very busy right now sorting things out in my home life.

Also keep hearing tunes about 'love is in the air' - my eyes kinda of roll but some romance would be nice at this time.

Last edited:

Caro

Just wanted to refresh this post as mars now rx.(from 1 Mar)

I have seen a significant change at work following the rx. (this occuringin my 12h and natally i have mars in libra) A real slowing down following an extremely busy period. the department I work in is being re-organised and this is 400 job loss by end of June! so the mood of the dept and co workers all over the place and 'lots of cloak and dagger' . The intention is to reduce agency workers(such as my self ) to 0 by the end of this period but that is not possible as people are working on programmes that run until end of Oct.

I feel my diplomacy is really being tested at work. :pinched:

libra rules venus - so doing lots of things to improve my health and body. regular (cheap) spa treatments and also have bought a bike to cycle.

venus is natally in 4th/5th house. my home life is quite disruptive now. again finding it quite challenging not to have arguments with people!!! ggrrr! over money (venus in pisces) and bills. Very frustrating energy! :devil::crying:

Rosie7

The late Nelson Mandela had mars in libra... the latter part of his life [he] spent forging relationships across the world in peace and harmony but he spent a long time in prison. There does not seem to be accurate chart for him.

Well, until mastered martian energy encounters resistance (force creates counterforce). Mandela spoke at length about how he transcended feelings of anger, hatred, and betrayal towards the perpetrators of his imprisonment and eventually, his life's passion became educating the world about the path of peace and reconciliation. This, to me, resonates with a mars in libra narrative.

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Well, until mastered martian energy encounters resistance (force creates counterforce). Mandela spoke at length about how he transcended feelings of anger, hatred, and betrayal towards the perpetrators of his imprisonment and eventually, his life's passion became educating the world about the path of peace and reconciliation. This, to me, resonates with a mars in libra narrative.

I've been experiencing a similar passive/aggressive notion. I feeling like I need to set an example to other to forgive and forget and not to let anger, frustration, hatred etc. get to me.

anjelik

I've been experiencing a similar passive/aggressive notion. I feeling like I need to set an example to other to forgive and forget and not to let anger, frustration, hatred etc. get to me.

I've been noticing this a bit at work. On a team call yesterday one of the Directors got nasty with the other and it was interesting to see the one who is technically lower on the totem pole diplomatically put the other in his place. No one likes the Director and we all think he is a useless a-hole. He has been getting very passive aggressive with the guy that reports to him because he is proving that he is the better leader.

The_Saturnian

I've been noticing this a bit at work. On a team call yesterday one of the Directors got nasty with the other and it was interesting to see the one who is technically lower on the totem pole diplomatically put the other in his place. No one likes the Director and we all think he is a useless a-hole. He has been getting very passive aggressive with the guy that reports to him because he is proving that he is the better leader.

Interesting...Mars (r) is really showing it's true colours in Libra. I find the term "the tables/tides have turned" most appropriate to use to describe what people are experiencing. We seem to be "paying people back" and showing them that other side. Can't wait to see the reaction of people once Mars goes direct again.

anjelik

Interesting...Mars (r) is really showing it's true colours in Libra. I find the term "the tables/tides have turned" most appropriate to use to describe what people are experiencing. We seem to be "paying people back" and showing them that other side. Can't wait to see the reaction of people once Mars goes direct again.

I don't think I am acting any differently towards people but maybe because it's a natural energy for me. My boyfriend is being WAY less confrontational. It's amazing.. I never want Mars to go direct again hahaha.

Caro

Nelson Mandela was truly and inspiration. Mars in libra one factor of that but probably quite a strong influence.

as natal mars in libra I guess I could try and emulate - struggling though. At the moment co tenants not paying the bills - guess me holding a gun to there head probably is not inspirational mars in libra!!!:devil: Will I pull the trigger when it turns direct - hopefully they will have paid up by then. :bandit:

the international response to the air plane dissapearance has to be a positive in this sad affair - a reflection of that martian energy of co-operation however failing to bring anything to the surface at the moment.

Does Putin have mars in libra? cos Russia not invovled in the search efforts at all interestingly? guess they have other stuff going on right now.

I too am noticing this at work - think aries/taurus types are particularly effected - it is definitely backfiring any efforts they are putting it to cause destruction at work. mars rx is most probably watch and learn, smiling politely. let's see what it brings.... when it turns around again.

Caro

Hello again

we are coming up the grand cross next weekend which involves mars in libra.

any thoughts on comments on how this may impact either yourself or mundane events?

this grand cross will hit cusp 12th/6th 3rd and 9th. I really am dreaming about taking a holiday now but it does not seem likely that this will happen.(blue seas are calling)

my progressed chart is interesting also as this occurs in my 5th/11th 2nd and 8th house. my sun progressed to 9 degrees aries. is it too much to hope for a little windfall of money! :happy:

a number of friends who have aries/libra opposition have had dramatic changes to their jobs but seem to have found their feet fairly soon afterwards.

how are capricorns sun's doing?

Madammaha

Hi all, I'm going to move from the social Mars (Libra) to the astrological Mars (retrograding in Libra), my natal Mars is in 5 degrees Scorpio, but my Asc. is 25 degrees in Libra while my 12th House is 0 degrees Libra as well, so I can feel the difference between the Mars transit in the 1st House and the 12th House, in the 1st the energy flow is abundant, self expression comes easy and achievements are there for the taking, while as it retrogrades now in the 12th, my energy level is sub-zero, myself expression is struggling to come out, I'm being over sensetive to my surroundings and very touchy, I feel the desperate need to socialize yet circumstances force me to stay alone, what was there for the taking, has to be taken by a great struggle, while feeling how it was achieved every single step of the way, I feel anger and resentment to some people around me and the need to pay back their unkindness, but diminished to a stop dealing until things become clearer. So this is my 1st and 12th Houses perspective of this transit.

Caro

This weekend some of the situations that were causing me annoyance seem to have resolved.
From this transit I know that I have to live on my own or only with people I choose too. Im in a house share at the moment becos of financial reasons. my venus in pisces in the 4th(5th) wants a sanctuary which I am working towards.

this transit also impacts my 11th house and mars is now rx into 11th and at the weekend my writing group confirmed that it will publish an anthology of our work. it is a really nice happy positive thing to do. I was on cloud nine so happy didnt notice the issues that were in the house and have just let them go.

I wonder how the direct motion will impact - hopefully it will see this small project take off for the writing group. would be nice for everyone.

Caro

Have decided that I am going to turn off my phone not reply to emails in relation to my next assignment. kick back and go with the flow as mars rx.
until it turns direct again...... been stalled from planning anything!!

saturn rx also is not helping...

:crying:

Madammaha

Hi Caro, why do I get the feeling that you are over reacting either positively or negatively! Can you imagine if everybody reacted in the same way during the retrograde motion of the planets, yes there can be delays and there can be mistakes, that is the negative side, but on the positive side, you get the chance to review your actions, sense the depth of your interactions and readjust what you feel is not done to your standards, can you imagine if there were no retrograde motion how the world would evolve?!

Caro

Well it is working so far, sometimes good to take time out for yourself.

Interestingly had an interview the day of the full moon - Not planned by myself. The role for an organisation I worked for 13 years ago. could be a jupiter cycle.

I think after tuesday this week when mars starts to go direct there will be more action.

Work environment currently very difficult - as people being told that there is no job for them etc. eeek I dont likethat kind of thing.

Caroline