the truth about libra rising

princess valhalla

Yes, I hate the whole wavering, indecisive description of Libra rising and Libra in general. As someone with Libra rising along with a host of other planets in that sign, I have to agree with you greybeard when you said

The constant quest for Libra is to achieve balance and they are driven in that quest. Balance does not happen automatically. Your description of Libra as a tornadic force is apt, as Libra is cardinal air. And from my own experience I can say that a Libra on a mission is a force to be reckoned with.

My oldest daughter has tons of Libra in her chart as well. She is Libra rising, Libra Sun in the 1st house. Mercury conjuncts the ascendant and mars in Libra as well but in the 12th house. From my experience with her, I agree with your, GB and AQ7's pov. If I'm not mistaken you have a pisces moon tsmall? my daughter is a pisces moon as well.

JUPITERASC

Yes, I hate the whole wavering, indecisive description of Libra rising and Libra in general. As someone with Libra rising along with a host of other planets in that sign, I have to agree with you greybeard when you said

The constant quest for Libra is to achieve balance and they are driven in that quest. Balance does not happen automatically.
The slightest addition and/or subtraction instantly de-stabilises any scale – ever notice when weighing anything how scales tend to 'wobble'? :smile:
Your description of Libra as a tornadic force is apt, as Libra is cardinal air. And from my own experience I can say that a Libra on a mission is a force to be reckoned with.
A graphic illustration of the destructive nature of air as a 'tornadic force' occurred when a thirty square mile area was turned to trash in moments at Moore, Oklahoma just two days ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98UayG7qvZs

M

may28gemini

I still don't see Libra rising as teedering back and forth, going through extremes of war and peace. I think that's very exaggerated and does not capture what Libra risings are like.

I'm a Libra rising with Jupiter-Saturn on the AC with Pluto as a housemate- hate to break up the Libra rising bashing party but all the stereotypes that came from "dissecting" Libra rising is not accurate. Making up my mind is the least of my problems and acting out on my decisions isn't much of an issue either. I don't go around making war and I don't suffer from extreme anything. If anything, I do want to avoid discomfort in personal interactions with anyone that comes why way because I dislike unpleasantness. But if there's "war," so be it, I'm not afraid to engage in any kind of fight, as long as I didn't start it. The main issue or "weakness" I see with Libra rising is being afraid that decisions will cause the imbalance to those around them. Yeah, we're polite and thoughtful like that.

Last edited:

tenacapcious

I have Libra rising, 1st house Uranus in Scorpio and some other minor stuff but I won't include that here, because that could take the thread too far off thread. I worry about upsetting anyone but I probably have an upsetting effect on a lot of people, on first interaction. Some people just seem uncomfortable because they sense a nervous energy from me.

Even though I'm a Capricorn, I have an Asc. sextile Sun aspect, so most people take pretty well to me, at least in time. My shyness is often misperceived as something bad; some people seem suspicious which just reinforces my shyness, and that's probably something to do with my Mercury sq. Ascendant.

I feel that people's reaction to me depends on how they feel about Uranian energy in general. I can't explain it better. My self perception isn't very clear either. I'm probably overthinking people's perception of me here, but for the most part, I have no idea how people perceive me, which is very uncomfortable, because - and I hate to admit this - I do care what people think, to some degree. A lot of time not, and just as often I just want to keep a low profile, not make waves and go about my stuff. Not necessarily please people.

There may be common traits with every rising sign, but I don't think you can generalize the people who have the rising sign and I also consider/am trying to learn about the rising sign decans.

I make impulsive decisions but worry about the consequences and it frustrates me no end that I don't seem able to change this annoying trait of mine. Mars is also sextile Asc. so that can't be/maybe isn't the culprit.

conspiracy theorist

I have Libra rising, 1st house Uranus in Scorpio and some other minor stuff but I won't include that here, because that could take the thread too far off thread. I worry about upsetting anyone but I probably have an upsetting effect on a lot of people, on first interaction. Some people just seem uncomfortable because they sense a nervous energy from me.

Even though I'm a Capricorn, I have an Asc. sextile Sun aspect, so most people take pretty well to me, at least in time. My shyness is often misperceived as something bad; some people seem suspicious which just reinforces my shyness, and that's probably something to do with my Mercury sq. Ascendant.

I feel that people's reaction to me depends on how they feel about Uranian energy in general. I can't explain it better. My self perception isn't very clear either. I'm probably overthinking people's perception of me here, but for the most part, I have no idea how people perceive me, which is very uncomfortable, because - and I hate to admit this - I do care what people think, to some degree. A lot of time not, and just as often I just want to keep a low profile, not make waves and go about my stuff. Not necessarily please people.

There may be common traits with every rising sign, but I don't think you can generalize the people who have the rising sign and I also consider/am trying to learn about the rising sign decans.

I make impulsive decisions but worry about the consequences and it frustrates me no end that I don't seem able to change this annoying trait of mine. Mars is also sextile Asc. so that can't be/maybe isn't the culprit.

I doubt anyone has formed much of an opinion on you yet... I mean you only have three posts. My impression of you from the little that you divulged is that you are very self-effacing and retiring - which isn't a bad thing at all.

Maybe you could post your chart over the read my chart side so we can really stare at your guts. How does that sound?

tenacapcious

I doubt anyone has formed much of an opinion on you yet... I mean you only have three posts. My impression of you from the little that you divulged is that you are very self-effacing and retiring - which isn't a bad thing at all.

Maybe you could post your chart over the read my chart side so we can really stare at your guts. How does that sound?

I'll post my chart in the next coming days when I have a bit more time and update my profile when that's possible.

Oh, I meant people who know me offline or how people who meet me for the first time react to me.

People's perception of me might be entirely different online.

david starling

Like a small sailboat, which requires the crew to put their weight onto one side or the other to maintain stability in high winds. With a purpose: Staying on course, whatever it takes, without seeking credit.

Last edited:

katydid

My father was a great example of a 'stable' Libra rising. He had Libra rising with the Sun in Libra in his first. I think that his Venus in Scorpio helped stabilize his decision making processes somewhat. He was a very good defense attorney and made a solid trial attorney. But he did have three wives, so his romantic life was a bit unstable. :sideways: