I have a aspect pattern Pandora's Box, need help to understand.

StillOne

Welcome back! How fitting, I was just looking at this thread yesterday! Very bizarre... I hope you're well.

Interesting ideas! Glad you're sticking with the astrology and pushing for answers!

StillOne

Very interesting... Transiting North Node just was conjunct your Mercury... Did you have some of these flashes of insight recently? I have this transit coming up!

zenith

Hi Stillone, hope everything is going well with you too. yeah, the universe works in mysterious ways! :)

consciousness comes to me in steady streams, but communication is like one of those little spa, it over flows to the pool below only when it's full! lol. I know Saturn is going to transit my mercury in a while, I wonder what that's going to bring. Mercury is one of the two planets I have very little aspect to, mercury been unaspected can be very unpredictable. North node transiting mercury, my recent self-revelation does have to do with life purposes and it has to do with communications, but it has been brewing for quite a while now. How about you? has it effected you in that direction?

zenith

Lol, if the universe wants us to experience something, we will. : )

But it's funny how everyone's learning path is so different, I literally have to experience something to gain it. Like Astrology, reading it gets me somewhere, but to myself feels nowhere, but when I soak myself in the energy of them, I gain that knowledge in giant leaps. So in learning astrology, I've only gone as far as learning the sign Libra, what that energy feels like aside from myself. and I've a taste of Leo, Scorpio, cancer, Pisces, Aquarius, Gemini a little bit...from interacting with them even briefly, each has a very distinct taste, I can't explain it, it's like the sun gives you a major flavor, some are sweet, some are spicy, some are sour, etc, can't describe it, just generalizing for a visual. Sun sign does give off these unmistakable flavors, without seeing their chart or anything else, no wonder we are referred to by it. the macro energy of human beings? lol, but it's fascinating.

By the way, I've read your post of quotes....hmm, what happened? it smells like something has changed, an optimism has shifted from a state of being to a state of need...

StillOne

By the way, I've read your post of quotes....hmm, what happened? it smells like something has changed, an optimism has shifted from a state of being to a state of need...

Nothing's really happened... then again, sure, things happen! But, no, there's no need or any crisis of any type. I merely receive two sources of quotes daily at my job. I post the ones that I think are good and may be helpful to others.

One thing that has happened is that my progressed moon has finally moved from Scorpio to Sag! I think I'm feeling a bit lighter as a result. I'm not brooding as much and have become a bit more jovial. It's a nice change.

Last edited:

zenith

In that case I'm happy for you things are lighter. In case in the future things are not as light please know I'm all ears. I know sometimes even when I'm surrounded by people I can feel I have no one to talk to. :smile:

By the way, I do also want to apologize for been inconsiderate/unappreciative in the past, I know I can be, and I know Libras are very forgiving, but I still like to say it because it is the right thing to do. Thanks and have a good day, and I will too.

zenith

I spend almost a month during the winter breaks visiting the national parks out west. I love feeling awe stuck by the creation of nature, consciousness poured through me as I feel that energy. While I was on the plane, I watched the terrain below, and was struck by how similar it looked up above compared to the sand dunes I saw on beaches, and how life cling to areas where it can thrive, and thrive there. So is humanity, the flickering lights of humanity thrived at valleys and lowlands and near sources of fresh water, above or under the ground.

So if we look at the energy of our birth as a map… then what is a map? Why do we need maps? What can a map mean in our existence of consciousness? While on this trip it also struck me that humanity is consciousness, nothing has any “meaning” without the subjectivity of consciousness, this idea was also expressed in movies like “life of Pi” and other literatures with or without my awareness. So a map without a reader, is meaningless, it’s just “IS”. There is no “meaning” in IS. Our human world is the world of subjectivity, objectivity serves the understanding of that subjectivity.

Going back to the map of our energy, so if we are the readers of that map, and the meaning of a map is to provide a “direction” other than decorative or knowledge based non-functional purpose, “direction” is extremely functional, useful when someone is “lost”. So if you are an engineer, what would you do when you want to follow a river that flows? You follow that source, the direction, the terrain, the obstacle, and the release. Then if you want to build a dam, you would work with the said source, direction, terrain, and obstacle and find a new release.

The Cosmo created energies, it did not create marriage, jobs, society, etc, etc. so before the energy was interpreted into the functionality of human civilizations. To me it works in two major functions, consciousness and expression. How do we arrive at the inward understanding and express it to the outside of our body. Every relationship we have either personal or social revolves around these understanding and expression.

Focusing on my recent transit of the node over my mercury, how would I know the feeling of “purpose” (as the node transit would normally give a person when it’s over a major energy hob) is the real “purpose” vs a surge of transit power? It crystalized to me because I have felt the support in my energy make up to make my “vision” happen. I have seen the map, and in however a vague way understood where everything lay, although it didn’t make sense to me at first, I come to realize my life has not “lined up” with my energy. Yes, we are born with these energies with or without believing or knowing or understand Astrology. The life we have lived is also a form of “map”. In reviewing that map, I could pinpoint certain things that is NOT working (also shown on my chart) and understood the “vision”if realized, could meanwhile resolved these “problems” of my life. The real purpose of my life in human civilization is not written in stars, the stars tells me how my energy, as evident by the life I lived, could flow on the map of what is given me. It’s hard to explain, other than similar to the discussion of “death” indicators I’ve seen on the forum, there has to be multiple indicators and supports in your chart, confirmed by the life you lived, to point to something that would “hold” everything together, would flow.

Hope I have explained my discoveries clear enough for the purpose of mutual learning.

StillOne

I have seen the map, and in however a vague way understood where everything lay, although it didn’t make sense to me at first, I come to realize my life has not “lined up” with my energy.

So would you say that this is much different than your previous understanding of how your life has been? When I say "much different", I mean a drastic change from your prior viewpoint? Or, is it more of a confirmation of the direction you've been moving in all along?

This one is important, I think, and I would appreciate your answer... as I have other thoughts to reveal on this... :joyful: :innocent:

Yes, we are born with these energies with or without believing or knowing or understand Astrology. The life we have lived is also a form of “map”. In reviewing that map, I could pinpoint certain things that is NOT working (also shown on my chart) and understood the “vision”if realized, could meanwhile resolved these “problems” of my life. The real purpose of my life in human civilization is not written in stars, the stars tells me how my energy, as evident by the life I lived, could flow on the map of what is given me. It’s hard to explain, other than similar to the discussion of “death” indicators I’ve seen on the forum, there has to be multiple indicators and supports in your chart, confirmed by the life you lived, to point to something that would “hold” everything together, would flow.
Hope I have explained my discoveries clear enough for the purpose of mutual learning.
Yes, thanks for sharing! I think you have some important points that you're making.

I'm wondering if, at some point in your life, you decided that you should try to be something else besides who you are naturally? I ask because you mention flow and I think when we decide we want to be something else or like someone else we may possibly stop this natural flow of energy... even if it's our destiny to do so... or in our "map".

I would really appreciate your thoughts on these points...

Thanks

zenith

To answer these questions.

First let me go back to live the map (life) vs. seeing the map (chart). I would say when living the life, it's too close to take in the big picture, so it's easy to be caught in details. where as seeing the chart, you have an idea of what your energy is about with or without living it yet. If I make an example. I am not an astrologer, I can't speak that language, but I can speak the language of "LIFE" using people who lived it publicly. Let's take the example of Bruce Lee, we know what life he had lived, and the fact, through his own word and expression, that he believe the physical form as an expression of who he IS. And that expression is self-knowledge. He could have lived a very different life, like that of his teacher Ye Wen, who is a master of the art of combat, I believe his method is still used today in combats and special forces because it was so effective. He was a very private man, so to live that bodily expression, it can be either private, or public. It’s both answering that energy of mars. Where as to live a private life, would not meet the energy of “out-ward” expression in Bruce’s energy make up. So you see a true path for Bruce lee is to express it outwardly. Penetrating the world, instead of merely living it in his solitude. So to answer the question of if life has to be completely different or against one’s nature, I would say no, more like needing imagination and creativity to find a path to express, meanwhile relate to civilization at large.

I hope I have answered your question clearly as I see it.

StillOne

Well this wasn't really the type of reply I was anticipating... Then, I do have a problem with anticipation and expectation! Lol :sideways:

I was thinking in terms of the definition of the Pandora structure that I mentioned earlier in this thread:
A person with this structure should already have learnt as a child that what he says can be taken the wrong way. This teaches him to keep everything to himself. This can mean that as an adult, he has forgotten what a treasure he has inside him, and he then needs to work on himself to rediscover it.

I wanted to highlight that last sentence because, I feel that I'm in this process. Also, I've read in many places that those with Yods tend to have a drastically different later half of their life. Most likely as the Yods are recognized and utilized... or maybe recognized and pacified.

Last edited:

zenith

Oh, in this aspect then yes, because the treasure is buried within, meaning it was always there, it just didn't make it to the surface (consciousness) to us for a good part of our lives. Since it was not in our consciousness, then it was never "utilized" with conscious expressions, it shows up as random, or over looked aspect of our lives. Then when the vision of path was displayed in the "map", then there will be the moment of "oh, I see how this vision could be realized since it already is showing this or that way"... am I making sense? As for the need to adjust as a result of life events, yes... as I think back on my life, sudden events is the "norm" of my reality, I have moved so many times I literally lost count, I do not envision life two years down the road since I don't know where I will be. and part of the vision is actually to put down rocks of Choices and realize letting go to total randomness could be something that works against myself, I may still be "drifting" in a sense since most of our planetary energies are "drifters", but it could be channeled movement instead of total randomness. I envision this consciousness could make a world of difference.

Remember when I said "consciousness is subjective?" :whistling:

StillOne

Oh, in this aspect then yes, because the treasure is buried within, meaning it was always there, it just didn't make it to the surface (consciousness) to us for a good part of our lives. Since it was not in our consciousness, then it was never "utilized" with conscious expressions, it shows up as random, or over looked aspect of our lives. Then when the vision of path was displayed in the "map", then there will be the moment of "oh, I see how this vision could be realized since it already is showing this or that way"... am I making sense?
I think it's interesting what you say as your experience and to a certain extent I feel the same. However, I think earlier on in my life that I buried these facets of myself. I think I looked too much to others to see what I should be doing. I was always asking questions and looking to others for their opinions and answers... not completely trusting my instinct. I think this was also magnified by the Venus conj Neptune aspect as this can tend to be rose-colored glasses and putting people on pedestals.

However, as I've aged I've often found that what my instincts and intuition has told me has been the right course of action (Sun Ur conj?). Not what others have suggested for me or stated was true for them and so should apply to me. So a lot of back tracking and starting over has happened. However, I can't help to think that it's by design in order to teach the greater lesson of self-reliance and perseverance. Also, I think a lesson like this helps to then reveal the treasure inside and that it manifests differently than others, like it does for all people... however, I think I buried a lot for fear of being too different and unconventional.

I notice you cover a lot of this in your second post (post 11 in this thread).

As for the need to adjust as a result of life events, yes... as I think back on my life, sudden events is the "norm" of my reality, I have moved so many times I literally lost count, I do not envision life two years down the road since I don't know where I will be. and part of the vision is actually to put down rocks of Choices and realize letting go to total randomness could be something that works against myself, I may still be "drifting" in a sense since most of our planetary energies are "drifters", but it could be channeled movement instead of total randomness. I envision this consciousness could make a world of difference.

Remember when I said "consciousness is subjective?" :whistling:
I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier that I have moved a large number of times as well. It's interesting the similarity here. I was thinking about this and what I think this has caused is a forced need to adapt and change constantly. Thus bringing in a humbleness for not having control. It also brings about a sense of worldliness since you can most likely fit in relatively well in most situations. I also think that you can draw on these lessons when you feel the need to change.

I've also been contemplating flow quite a bit. You mention drifting, channeled movement and randomness in your post. I've thought for some time that I have a narrow path. When I'm on the path things seem to flow forward in a magical way. When I'm off the path I find frustration and depression. The key is finding the path and staying on it. Here I think the Yod apexes provide ideas on the way.

Last edited:

zenith

I typed so many words it took too long and I got logged out automatically and lost them all when I try to post it... sigh... I will write it again later.

StillOne

I recently posted some information that may be useful here regarding the Quincunx as well as some notes on Yods. The original thread is here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61226

The quincunx aspect is one that requires an adjustment. An adjustment is something that results from analysis. I think this is why the Hubers liken the quincunx aspect to a thinking aspect. It requires thought in order to integrate the energies since they don't "see" each other in any way on any common ground.

In Aspect Pattern Astrology by the Hubers, p. 34:
Quote:
The long green aspect causes insecurities on the one hand and on the other the urge to achieve an imagined future goal. Sometimes it is also called the "longing aspect. It often brings decision crises, uncertainty, and eventually the challenge of restricting oneself to a single goal, in which case it aids decision-making. It is called the "large thinking-step" and, according to the planets involved, it causes a "Faustian struggle" with the truth.
In a Yod this irritation is amplified and propels the native to search for a solution. I like to think of it simply as "an itch that needs to be scratched". This search is what brings on the strength of the Yod since as we move in the direction of the Yod, we appease it's energies and accumulate knowledge in it's direction. This sets up a positive feedback loop where we're encouraged to push further in the direction until we understand and master it's energies since it feels good and right to satiate the unusual internal energy.

Bill Tierney states in Dynamics of Aspect Analysis:
Quote:
It should be apparent that the combination of influences expressed in the Yod could be quite a special challenge to constructively alter and bring into clearer focus that which impairs or hinders the total functioning of the individual. Here, inner and outer forces are working together to stimulate subtle but heightened pressures which may eventually release themselves during a timely crisis in self-awareness. This turning point could take years before it emerges and presents new alternatives to the individual. But when it does, the individual is then ripe and ready for a very fated change or destined new outlook in his life. The course of action he then takes can completely reprogram the entire focus of his life pattern.
Tierney continues:
Quote:
Apex Mars denotes an individual who starts off in life ineffectively applying his physical energies, or having difficulty initiating personal matters in a direct and open manner. The method in which he asserts himself may often be in need of correction and alteration. His active efforts may miss their mark for quite some time until he learns to bring his inner drive into clearer focus with his actual capacity to act upon situations with greater organizational intelligence. Otherwise, this individual is prone to plunge into activities without any sense of purposeful direction, resulting in non-productive energy expenditure. He is also likely to have to make adjustments concerning his aggressive instincts. He may exhibit displaced anger, aiming his hostility at inappropriate targets. With Apex Mars, the individual may feel uncomfortable with his sexual tensions, and may not find adequate outlets for their needed release. In general he can be out-of-tune with himself.
So the Mars apex Yod is retrograde. So, this may manifest more acutely internally. You most likely don't project Mars outwardly as much as you do internally. As such, you probably steer away from competition with others... however, you like to compete with, or work on bettering, yourself.

IMO one solution to this Yod is typically an activity which satisfies Mars. So any type of sport that you enjoy, for example. However, since your Mars is retrograde you probably lean towards individual type of sports or activities. Ones that have you competing with yourself more so than others. It could be running, yoga, skiing, bicycling, hiking, etc. Of course doing this type of activity has many benefits to other parts of the scope since the larger aspect patter is "tied" together...

Tierney adds:
Quote:
Once this Yod is ripe for activation, the individual can find himself centered upon a new life course requiring him to mobilize his vital forces in an externally demanding manner. This new period of his life may manifest somewhat suddenly, perhaps under an acute crisis situation... At this point, he may become keenly aware that he must independently take full charge of his life and demonstrate complete self-sufficiency... He is to one-pointedly focus all attention upon this new path and learn to adapt rapidly. Once he establishes a clearer view of matters here, this individual could become quite energized to work hard and become industriously busy with this enterprising phase... He needs to learn corrective ways of channeling his self-will.

StillOne

Here's some info on the Neptune Apex Yod.

Bill Tierney in Dynamics of Aspect Analysis states:
Apex Neptune indicates an individual who begins his life pattern feeling out-of-touch with the ordinary mundane realities of his environment, and who inwardly longs to be elsewhere where life is more calm, peaceful, and beautiful upon all levels. He would rather ignore needed social adjustments by staying within his emotional ivory tower and view the harshness of the real world from a distance. Obviously, his interpretation of situations ouside of himself is subject to error and distortion, keeping him in a state of much subjective anxiety and even fearfulness when life cannot sustain his ideal vision... Emotional disorganization is apt to cause him great internal suffering and confusion pressuring him to eventually seek corrective outlets if he is ever to find peace within. By working hard at examining his vulnerabilities, he can eventually learn to avoid seeking out escapist, non-productive avenues of expression... His personal inner adjustments are quite subtle and may not be clearly seen for many years by either himself and/or others.
Tierney continues:
When this Yod is fully activated, the individual arrives at that promised forked road in his life and begins to almost magically flow in the new direction presented. His destined life orientation at this point encourages him to devotionally search for an emotional ideal, ultimate love, unearthly beauty, or the discovery of a universal unity of life that combines all forms of manifest energy in a manner that emphasizes a sense of creative whole. Sometimes this path will demand that the individual work quietly behind-the-scenes or undergound for some time before he surfaces and presents his contribution to the world. He at least adjusts thru undergoing periods of needed seclusion and privacy while drawing on inner spiritual resources. His role could be that of the compassionate healer or defender of the socially neglected, the inspired artist, or the illumined one who is able to deeply delve into the mysteries of life...

zenith

Let’s see if I remember what I wrote in its entirety, I’m writing them in word docs from now on, sigh…

I started with sharing a story of my life, the drifting, changing. This is the relativity of subjectivity of consciousness… it was the reality I know, I don’t know what other people’s realities were like, my reality was normal to me, I didn’t feel there was anything wrong with it. I remember one time I saw a movie, there was a scene stuck in my mind, it was the rumbles of some European city during world war II, the street was littered with debris and war, there was these young kids, during the few hours they were allowed to play outside, they were chasing each other around in draggy clothes and having fun. It’s like the movie “life is beautiful”, relativity of the subjective consciousness.

I accept fate as the Cosmo dealt us since we are the creation and not the creator, but I will be damned if I accept the fate of falling into the ignorance of man. Higher truth to me is the essence of light, and the bare honesty of darkness. As the “subject” of changes beyond our own control, people like us, when we grow up, there would be long period of reflection of the life we have lived. To me the ultimate motivation is self-love, it all started there, the beginning of the journey: self-love. I surrender myself to the higher truth and never the truth of man. It is the only way. That self-love is like a tank, once it’s filled it spills over to people close to us, people around us, humanity. It is also where I learned how to love, what love is. But the core is constant: an unwavering, permanent self-love, it will not steer us wrong. I told myself: if I cannot rid of the world bullies feeding on gentleness and kindness, I can stop being a bully to myself. It works, it is the ultimate first step. The healers of the five seas, including the ones here on this forum come to agreement with this wisdom: “pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice”.

This awakening It is a painful process, hard earned and long, first we have to get rid the lifelong habit of accepting the wrongs of man, and separate the lessons of the Cosmo, break the world as we know it, be vulnerable and be lost for a long long time, all the while learning who we truly are, and learn to listen to that voice within, and slowly, with many many allowance, baby steps, slowly that voice would get stronger, and louder, surer as it get closer to the Cosmic truth, the gift of love. It’s a hard earned process… no one is born with it.

As a double drifter ( being a Libra, being the agent of a chart full of wonderers), we are very well adapted to anything life can throw at us, at the fundamental level very little shakes us beyond moments, we are extremely adoptive to change. The other side of drifting is the tendency to be lost very easily, we fall into moments of the chaotic energy within, to me I found keep looking up while maintain a grounded grip of self-consciousness works to anchor me through these storms, the Cosmic law do not change. Another things is since we are so very sensitive to currents, I found the energy from people around us active us as well, close your eyes and feel what people around you bring out in you, sometimes they bring us doubt, some of them suck away our energy and joy, some of them make us bubble with imagination, some of them fill us with love, some make us feel safe to release our vulnerabilities… Nature has the same effect… they activate us. I found tapping into this gift of people and surrounding helps to channel our energies, sometimes when I find myself in anger, I would watch a comedian, let go everything on my heart and mind, open that big antenna within us and let that energy in, I would laugh and the anger is gone that instant. So long we don’t go look for it again, that moment has passed. That’s why I have a problem with people who won’t let go of moments, they don’t give us that space to adjust, then we would find ourselves trapped in a corner with unnecessary escalations. In these cases I learned to abandon and shut down if communication would not work. Self-love.

You are right on target about feeling the “positive” when flow with the energy, and feeling “depletion” when falling out of the river. We are Libras, Libra is the heart of Karma, so it makes karmic sense to me how the map would work in ones life. As free agent we make choices, but these choices when out sync with our own energy, it would show up as “problems” within our life choices, so the true path would be “solution” based, meaning once we get back on track, it would solve our life’s “problems”, as the creative astrologers put it here on the forum “it would repeat a theme”. If I were to give the example of a girl who would make the choice to express “love” within her energy, if she would be expressing it at the wrong corners, she would then simply be stripped of her energy and resources to express it any longer, where if that “wrong” corner would be the “right” corner for her, she would thrive, rather than whither there. She would “fit” that life because the rest of her energy would support her expression of love. Am I making sense? So looking at the truth path of life is also looking at solution to life as whole.

While I was walking with my seven yr old son in Death Valley out west during the winter, we run into a group of coyotes, they were hungry from winter deprivation, they looked at us with that deadly stare and stalked us slowly, although I know society as a place breeds insanity of all sorts, I know I need it, I was extremely grateful to society while we hoped in the car and drove away. I don’t look to destroy something with nothing better to replace it. So the path to me, is finding creative and imaginative ways to relate soulfully to society and man’s creation at large. I gather Charles Chapin probably felt the same when he took his battle to the Nazi’s to the big screen and laughters.

Last edited:

zenith

There is also one other thing I want to mention, which I found to be very helpful during my journey. I call it being happy. I found I make much better choices if I can draw strength from simple happiness. I like walking, beach, writing, dancing, eating cherries, play with my son, watch funny things, borrow my friend's dog on occasions... these simple things gives me pleasure, pleasure is so very important to Libras, it's almost a tangible need. And if I can find that state most of times, I find a balance that is very very elevating. So find these simple pleasures, even when we are grumpy or depressed by the grander things in life, even when we feel nothing will make us feel better now, when you actually doing these enjoyable things, talking to calming and joyful people, you'd simply feel better, hugs, smiles... Einstein said you cannot solve problems with the same energies that created them, it is true, step out of being unhappy actually makes you happier.

It really works on improving the out looks on life when we are in the process of lining things up, but not yet there.

Cheers.

StillOne

To me the ultimate motivation is self-love, it all started there, the beginning of the journey: self-love. I surrender myself to the higher truth and never the truth of man. It is the only way. That self-love is like a tank, once it’s filled it spills over to people close to us, people around us, humanity. It is also where I learned how to love, what love is. But the core is constant: an unwavering, permanent self-love, it will not steer us wrong.

I recently bought the Book "The Holy Science" which was written by Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri in 1894. Which is fascinating in that it shows the unity of all religions. He concludes the main lesson of humanity is cultivating Love.

The virtue of Love. The heart's natural love is the principal requisite to attain a holy life. When this love, the heavenly gift of Nature, appears in the heart, it removes all causes of excitation from the system and cools it down to a perfectly normal state; and, invigorating the vital powers, expels all foreign matters —the germs of diseases —by natural ways (perspiration and so forth). It thereby makes man perfectly healthy in body and mind, and enables him to understand properly the guidance of Nature. When this love becomes developed in man it makes him able to understand the real position of his own Self as well as of others surrounding him. With the help of this developed love, man becomes fortunate in gaining the Godlike company of the divine personages and is saved forever.

Last edited: