Lack of active aspects

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

Actually, you've added in so many aspect lines that it makes the chart hard to read. Generally it's best to include only the Astrodienst default aspects, and hold off on the asteroids for a first look at your chart. As they saying goes, look at the majors before moving on to the minors.

From what I can decipher, you have sun conjunct Uranus in Aquarius sextile Pluto. This probably makes you an independent person, unafraid to go against the "herd," and definitely interested in personal power. (I note your nickname and your Aries rising.)

But there is a more sensitive side to you, with your moon-Mercury in Pisces.

Sometimes people with an Aquarius-Pisces or Aries-Pisces blend become warriors for social justice. They see the need for a battle-- but on behalf of less fortunate people.

Bunraku

This chart is really cuspy. Are you sure you were born down to the hour? In my experience there usually is a big time discrepancy.

Which do you resonate more? Aries or Pisces? How would people describe you?

waybread

With your moon-Mercury and Mars in Pisces, you will probably identify with this sign to a great extent. The sign of Pisces is intercepted in your 12th house, meaning that Pisces does not form a house cusp. This can make it difficult for you to gain clarity on your feelings (moon,) thoughts (Mercury,) and warrior (Mars) nature.

Then Mars makes no major aspect to other planets, so it gets to operate in an independent, unsocialized manner.

Eris is a very slow moving dwarf planet, that orbits beyond Pluto, so everybody has it in Aries, but it is in your first house. I think Eris exemplifies the woman warrior archetype.

Venus makes only one major aspect-- to Saturn, but Venus in Saturn are also in mutual reception. (They're both in the sign of one another's domicile.) This strengthens them. Because Venus rules the arts generally you can benefit from Saturn's self-discipline and rigor.

With your planets in 6 signs and houses, you have what is called a "bowl" shaped chart pattern. https://www.astro.com/astrology/in_jonespatterns_e.htm

With your north node (of the moon) in creative Leo in the 5th house, your growth will probably come from creativity, joy, and a sense of playfulness. This latter one may seem out of character to you, but the north node typically takes us out of our comfort zone.

waybread

Here are my reactions to your post-- I'll get to your specific questions in my next post.

At your age or thereabouts, a lot of young people undergo an identity crisis. They're no longer kids, yet few are yet operating at a fully mature adult level. They typically question parts of their upbringing, notably if it was strictly religious.

Re: your Pisces moon-Mercury. When two planets are conjunct, they tend to operate as a pair. It may be difficult to separate out your thinking and communication style (Mercury) apart from how you are feeling (moon.) With the square from Pluto, your thoughts and feelings may tend towards the negative or even obsessive.

Also sometimes people with moon square Pluto have a dysfunctional relationship with their mother, as the moon also symbolizes Mom (as well as your home.) I think your super-powers here are going to be your Aquarian sun-Uranus: a real "I gotta be me!" placement. Also, the sextile from philosophical, big-picture Jupiter.

I would stress your need for a degree of emotional space for yourself even if you live in a home with other people. First because Aquarius and Aries are the most independence-loving signs, and also because a Pisces moon tends to be a psychic sponge, in the sense that if people around you are negative they really tend to drag you down. If you cannot avoid them, look at ways to psychologically protect yourself.

When I mentioned looking at the majors before looking at the minors re: asteroids, this also applies to aspects.

An unaspected Mars (so far as major aspects are concerned) is going to be the "wild child" because its not socialized by other planets making major aspects to it. However, every planet will have some minor aspects, some stressful some easier. Mars makes a semi-square of (45 degrees) to Saturn, who probably tries to get Mars to shape up and fit in nicely with the others. This is somewhat stressful. Then Mars also makes a novile aspect to your sun-Uranus. A novile is 360/9=40 degrees of separation. As part of the 3-series of aspects, it operates like a mild trine. So that's helpful.

Saturn can help you to train Mars. Mars rules athletes and Saturn rules qualities like self-discipline. A water-based sport would be great for you! Even if you're a non-swimmer, there are aquatic exercise classes for non-swimmers. Or even a power-walk by a body of water, if that's possible where you live.

[I have Mars in Pisces opposed by Saturn, and found that regular swimming made a big difference to my emotional well-being.]

We have to use very narrow orbs with minor aspects: there's not a big difference between 45 and 40 degrees, for example.

I also mentioned mutual reception. Each sign is ruled by one or two planets. There is the traditional one, and then some signs (like Aquarius) have a modern ruler as well. A planet in its own sign is domiciled. A domiciled planet tends to be extra strong. Sometimes two planets swap domiciles, like your Venus in the sign Saturn rules, and your Saturn in the sign Venus rules. They strengthen one another.

I just noticed that you also have mutual reception between Mars and Jupiter, because Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces (with Neptune as the modern ruler.)

I applaud your stand on your mental health.

If its any consolation, people with Neptune conjunct the ascendant or in the first house often feel that they don't know who they are, because Neptune tends to erase what it touches. The first house rules the body and outward personality, and is the part of ourselves that others first see. I have Neptune in the first, and when an identity crisis became really extreme at one point in my life, I looked into astrology to try to understand myself better.

I never did find out why I am on the planet, but I learned a lot of astrology by continuing to ask the question.

(This belongs in the "life is a journey, not a destination" category.)

With Pluto square moon-Mercury and Uranus conjunct sun, I think you will be challenged to constantly reinvent yourself. For the good. It can feel destabilizing, but also like you can be the phoenix, rising from the ashes.

If you want to learn more astrology for your journey towards self-understanding, two books that I strongly recommend are:

Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky.

Robert Hand, Planets in Youth.

Best wishes for your journey!

waybread

Thank you for answering again.

The first paragraph is so accurate. I can't seem to grasp my feelings, thoughts and motivations. I've been taking antidepressants and antipsychotics and it works, but I seem more lost than ever because it's blocking everything that makes me "me" and I'm stuck. I don't know who I am anymore so I'm in the process of weaning off of them.

How do I cope with these placements? How. in your opinion, will I be able to get a hold of my moon, mercury and mars' energies?

The advantage of a Pisces moon is that it can be highly intuitive. I wouldn't suggest you go out on a limb just because of a hunch, but see if you can further develop this side of your personality. Supposedly people in Pisces are good dancers even without formal training. Pisces rules the feet, and this emotive water sign can just feel the music. Even just in private, see if dancing provides some release for you.

Isn't Mars having no aspect scary because my Ascendant ruler is also mars? Does it mean I won't be able to put my whole focus on things that I think matter to me? Would I be this scattered forever? Does that mean I won't be able to achieve anything big? I'm also curious as to why you didn't include aspects to the angular houses? Are they irrelevant?

As mentioned above, see if you can get disciplinarian Saturn to work together with Mars. Another book I recommend is Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Women Who Run With The Wolves. Does the wolf have any special meaning for you? You might read up on them, too!

What would you like to achieve?

Do you mean aspects to the chart angles? They are relevant.

Also the matters of the 12th house seems like a huge part of my life (mercury and moon). Won't it also activate the mars even though that planet has gone rogue.

Your Mars will want to behave like a 12th house Mars. Which is also something you can work with. The 12th house rules people who are shut-in in some way-- this can be anything from a monastery to a prison, hospital, nursing home, or shut-in. In Hindu astrology the 12th is misfortunate, but it is also the house where-- by embracing one's misfortunates-- one can advance spiritually through discipline. As a 12th house native, you might benefit from practicing yoga at home or, alternatively, volunteering at a local hospital or prison.

I also have my north node opposite my sun... which do I follow?

Both! See if you can work out a balance that both are happy with. Maybe Aquarius is ready to release her inner child.

Sorry I have so many questions, but I sincerely want to know more about myself and how i'll make the most out of my placements and aspects. Thanks in advance.

No problem!

My suggestions may seem like so much sublimation, or perhaps even trivial, which is not their intent. I practice "choice-centered astrology" where choosing a more empowering interpretation of a horoscope placement can displace a disempowering interpretation. Also, the universe notices when we take even small steps to improve our situations.

Last edited:

waybread

WR, people often turn to astrology at a low point in their lives, when they've given up on conventional solutions.

This happened to me during a difficult Pluto square sun transit. I strongly felt that psychology, religion, and self-help/human potential programs weren't going to explain why I was on the planet. Not "I" as a generic one-size-fits-all human being, but "I" as a particular individual.

There is a big danger, however, in reading really negative astrological material, and then seeing yourself in that negative light. Please consider that most people don't even believe in astrology, so we should question how much sense it makes to adopt negative interpretations that might not even be correct. I really dislike the Doctor Doom school of astrology, that seems dedicated to making people feel miserable about themselves. Nobody benefits from that stuff.

Too often people with self-esteem problems focus on astrology to feel even more miserable about themselves. To that I say, "Enough, already!" This isn't astrology's promise, just to make people feel rotten.

In the choice-centered astrology I practice, one's planetary placements give certain parameters, in the same way a river flows between its banks. But within those parameters most people have a lot of choices. Each planet, sign, and house has multiple interpretations that are all consistent with its core meanings.

Unless we're people with serious health disabilities or horrible personal circumstances, most of us can distinguish between empowering and disempowering chart interpretations, and then choose the empowering ones.

If we take the 12th house shut-in example, some people thrive on privacy and the ability to control their own space. Some people become health care professionals who work with patients who are hospitalized or in care facilities (nursing homes.) Some people volunteer in prisons. Some people voluntarily take religious orders and live in monasteries. Most 12th house people just need a certain amount of down-time on their own, to recharge their batteries. 12th house people often enjoy working behind the scenes. The 12th house also rules large animals.

Yes, of course, a Pisces Mars could take up some other activity. Maybe by becoming an activist (Mars) on behalf of misfortunate people (Pisces,) or an activist (Mars) on behalf of marine mammal conservation. Play around with the core meanings of planets, signs, and houses.

Again, I strongly recommend Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky. He talks about planet, signs, and houses having evolutionary goals, or "end points." It's available in paperback or on Kindle.

As an Aquarian sun conjunct Uranus, you really need to be your own person. (I have sun in Aquarius trine Uranus.)

At the same time, if we go down that "Me" road too strenuously, we can turn off our friends and family; and wind up-- not merely alone-- but lonely and alienated. So instead, here we can draw upon the talents of some of our other planets. For example, a Pisces moon can be sensitive to others' needs. Its endpoint is a greater acceptance of humanity. Chiron shows us "where it hurts," but also where, if we stay open to those hurts, we gain in wisdom and compassion for other people.

I can't speak for your art professors, obviously, but sometimes their assignments are very specific. The grading goes by how well the student masters the assignment that was given: not the assignment the student wished for. In an introductory class, the profs would probably start with simple assignments designed to develop specific skills and concepts. The great majority of artists benefit from formal training. Basic stuff like drawing the human figure, color theory, composition, and perspective.

Use your Venus-Saturn mutual reception to apply some discipline (Saturn) to your artistic creativity (Venus.) Venus rules the arts and she's in your 10th house of career and public reputation.

Your sun also sextiles Pluto. Sun-Pluto people are often very ambitious.

Best wishes for your journey, W.

Last edited: