pluto transiting the 8th house

feather in the wind

Hello all. i just wanted to write a note about the transit of pluto through the 8th house. I have been reading up a lot about this transit as pluto has been approaching my 8th house for the last few months.

I have read about the transformational effect of pluto and have been riveted to the views of jeff green and others. I did not see to much of the transformation in my relationships while pluto transited my 7th house. But for the last month ( since pluto entered my 8th), I have been very consciously noticing things within me change. my value system is crumbling and i feel i am wrestling a bear!

Especially in my partnerships and choice of intimate partners. It's as if till a month ago i was a meg ryan starring in romance comedies and now i have been transformed into angelina jolie. physically too, i am looking better and am choosing dark eye makeup and dressing more alluringly.

I have also been attracted to married men. This has never happened to me before, i have spent my adult life abhorring people who cheat on their partners. I am really shocked with my choices. It is not so easy to just get this new me out of my system.

I feel there is a new me emerging, fulfilling the promise of the transformation of pluto but i am looking down on myself. I do believe in karma and have spent a significant part of my life in trying to maintain those checks and balances. but everything seems to be crumbling.

does this transit leave u with no self respect.

I also have my sun in the 8th house. does anyone have any experience with this transit? how are you coping?

Ion

Hi feather in the wind !

opinion : Pluto is revealing to you the components on your shadow-side . . . perhaps those portions of your psyche which are in need of 'regeneration' .
There is a significant dichotomy present with the Sun (inner light - archetype) meeting Pluto (planet the farthest from the Sun) in the 8th house (sex, rebirth and manifestation) .

My suggestion is to embrace and practice the exalted aspects of your Sun Sign . . . be alluring and provocative but maintain your personal ethics to avoid monumental consequences.

best regards ,
Ion

tokyo.lights

does this transit leave u with no self respect.

I also have my sun in the 8th house. does anyone have any experience with this transit? how are you coping?
lol. I hope not xD I went through this transit when I was 3, I lost my father and inherited everything. It was definitely a dark time until I turned 15 and Pluto skipped into the 9th.

R4VEN

opinion : Pluto is revealing to you the components on your shadow-side . . . perhaps those portions of your psyche which are in need of 'regeneration' .

I agree with what Ion has said here. You are `trying on new coats' by behaving in a way which you had previously judged.

A friend of mine has had this transit now for a few years, and she is approaching the end of it. Apart from becoming interested in death and dying, and attending lots of funerals for her `research', she has had her shadow shown to her by the intimate relationships she has been in. Whilst she has not acted out her shadow as you have, feather, she has come face-to-face with it in other people. She has found this very difficult, as she has been in denial about these people.

lazarusx

Pluto's been transiting through my 8th house since 2008, whats interesting is that year in particular sparked the beginning of of a major internal shift in my view towards all pre-existing systems of structure,values and morals within me.

It was the year where i began searching myself for existential answers.

I think over the last few years i became everything i despised previously, and then found acceptance of myself through it. I had many experience's of death during that time, both internal and external.

Pluto's now recently come into conjunction with Saturn/Neptune and opposing my Sun/Chiron, everything feels largely amplified at this time.. all remnants of my identity feel as though they are dissolving.. in the simplest terms, i am nothing.. and yet through that everything.

It feels like.. waking up. The whole process has been beyond words intense for me; and yet astonishing at the same time.. I feel more liberated then i've ever been in my life, but also never have i felt so alone and lost.

PTah

Whoa! Just about to experience an 8th house transit by Pluto, "beginning" with Pluto turning direct next month and heading in that direction.

I mention the latter because I just went through Pluto transiting my 7th House and EVERYTHING Robert Hand wrote about for the 7th House came true: When Pluto turned direct to first (tentatively) enter my 7th, I met my future wife. Nothing happened immediately until the following year when Pluto turned direct again to enter my 7th (but this time for the duration of roughly 8 years). And now, as Pluto is about to turn Direct and take it's first nibble of the 8th House, I will have spent the four days preceding in the Final Hearing of a very messy divorce. (And as Mr. Hand points out, I'm supposed to be nice about this, despite her using "every sneaky device in the book.")

Accordingly, entering the 8th strikes me (as a Sun Scorpio) with more than a bit of trepidation. Added to that is a Progressed New Moon during these first interactions of Pluto with my 8th House. I seem to recall that the entrances and exits from a House are typically more intense.

Is that something for me to look forward to?

BTW, I'm already seeing in the last few months more than a few deaths (transitions) than I would normally expect. There is also the very definite feeling of most of my relationships ending (or transforming). The comment about it being lonely (and freeing) seems to have already made some inroads.

Any additional sage advice, in addition to the William Blake quote, would be appreciated.

PTah (Yes... the creator god of Egypt) :whistling:

Lin

Although I've never experienced Pluto thru the 8th, I've seen it...and I've had it aspect planets in my 8th. Any connection to the 8th represents a very deep "shift" as Lazarus mentioned in internal values.
The types of people you find sympatico for instance. What you value in partnership is a VERY big issue. How you view partnership in general and specifically. What you NEED from a partner and expect in a relationship. You begin to notice things about OTHERS that before you may have missed or frankly not cared about.

Initially the effect in internal, but eventually, because it is such a lengthy transit, it affects your actions and choices. It's evolutionary.
LIN

feather in the wind

lol. I hope not xD I went through this transit when I was 3, I lost my father and inherited everything. It was definitely a dark time until I turned 15 and Pluto skipped into the 9th.

OMG! i lost my father when Uranus transited my 8th house . Pluto is retro at the moment and has gone into my 7th. but i did attend my uncle and aunts funeral when pluto was in the 8th. not looking forward to this continuing.

lazarusx

I just wanted to bump this thread.

It's been almost 7 years now since Pluto first started transiting my 8th house.. and it's only half-way through.. its currently retrograde and will be coming back into conjunction with Saturn/Neptune which will also oppose my Sun/Chiron.

The issue of power is at the forefront of my awareness at the moment, it's really quite a shock at how much i desire power and how much i want to have power over others.. for my entire life i have always been content with standing on the sidelines of life and accepting whatever comes my way.

But now i crave it immensely.

I really can't describe how much my value system has been challenged, especially with my Sun in the second house. I question 'EVERYTHING' - even the most immoral, taboo and unethical situations..

It's fascinating because every facet of human expression individually is part of a collective; everything you see in others is a reflection of yourself. And that is the most disturbing and confronting part of this transit in my opinion, because your made crucially aware of this.. no stone is left un-turned.

And it's that insight that can pave the way to genuine compassion for even the most repulsive of individuals if transformed or consume you and send you down a path of denial or giving into darker tendencies.

Last edited:

R4VEN

lazarusx, thank you for bumping this thread, and especially for providing an update on your Pluto transit through the 8th house. I had to give myself a day to think about the impact of my own Pluto transit through my 8th house, which occurred very early in my life. In your case, the transit occurring in adulthood has provided you with opportunities for massive growth and maturity. I found your 2nd last paragraph especially interesting.

Having Pluto transit my 8th house from just after I turned 1 until around the age of 17, it is difficult to determine how much of that transit was an experience of Pluto, and how much was down to my South node and Chiron in Scorpio. Perhaps it was all of it. In looking back on this time (and it was now over 50 years ago) I had many experiences of death - chiefly of the physical kind. As Pluto drew close to my 8th house cusp just after I turned 1, I became very ill, and when my mother told me about it when I was in my teens, her words were something like: "I was terribly worried about you. I was sure you were going to die." I had another `near death' illness, but that was within months of Pluto leaving my 8th house.

During Pluto's transit of my 8th house I experienced the deaths of a number of people close to me - both my father's parents, my oldest brother, my best friend's father, and the sudden deaths of a number of young people of my own age. My father was a sheep and grain farmer, and from the age of 5 I used to sneak out of the house to watch him kill sheep for eating. I loved the ritual he went through - the sharpening of the knife on a whetstone, the calming of the animal before he cut its throat, the speed with which he killed it, and then the quiet as he bled it. I accompanied him while he drove through the paddocks during lambing season, checking that the lambs had been fully born, and that the mothering ewes were well. Sometimes undersized or motherless lambs had to be brought inside the house to be warmed up and fed milk with a baby's bottle. Sometimes these lambs didn't make it. It was all very life & death, and it felt comfortable to me. I soon learned that death is a natural process which all living things face.

I do not fear death. In some ways I look forward to it.
For the past 27 years I have lived in a house with a major suburban cemetery over my back fence. I am able to witness funerals of all the different faiths and social groups. I suspect that this housing choice was down to my Chiron in Scorpio.