Saturn in 8th house and your experience

lazarusx

It seems that the influence of this planet is easier to asses in every other house except this one.

Almost every other house has some kind of label when there is Saturn in it like e.g. Saturn in 10- troubles/ efficiency in career, in 7th- stabilized/ troublesome reltionships etc.

Eight house is such an elusive house in itself and placing Saturn there makes it even more elusive and hard to explain. Roughly it means saturnian themes around sex and others people money, but how is it experienced? What are the fears there? What kind of karmic lesson it means?

There is so much more beneath it as there possibly can be in a house of mysterious Scorpio. It's such a deep theme that I never really understood this placement fully.

Sharing your thoughts and experiences, ups and downs would be very much appreciated.

It's a shame this forum's popularity has faded over the years..

I have Saturn in the 8th, Capricorn. The position of Saturn in my chart creates the upper point of a Kite configuration involving my Sun, Pluto and MC. Essentially this house, the sign and the planets is a MAJOR point of learning and lessons.

Sex is infrequent for me, but when it happens.. it happens a lot. I have gone from long periods of no sex to months of promiscuity.. one extreme to the next. Money has followed a similar pattern.. i have been completely broke twice in my life, and have rebuilt my finance's back up through hard work and discipline. With both these themes, i have experienced them often with serious consequence.. and the result has been a very hard lesson.

Im currently seeking out business idea's and have become interested in investing, i view money as a resource to be invested rather then spent. I can see Saturn playing a role here in regards to 'other peoples money/finances'.

Death has come in the form of personal trials and tribulations, i've been broke.. homeless, i've abandoned old social circles and made new ones, i have on more then one occasion just left everything behind and gone to live somewhere else. It's a constant cycle of death and resurrection, Saturn makes it hard as hell to let go.. in the house of transformation and change.

lazarusx

I love the William Blake's quote of yours. It's so beautiful.

Thanks, it's a quote that i often come back to in times of depression because for me it articulates a very deep truth about suffering, attachment and letting go.

Also, when reading your post I had these side note thoughts about movie "Shame" by Steve McQueen.
In this movie the protagonist is addicted to sex, one-night-stand sex. It's a vicious circle he consciously wants to end, but unconciously he knows it's something he needs for now, because he can't find a healthy substitute.

He feels compelled to do it and a deep shame and an emotional void afterwards. It reminded me of saturnian influence towards relationships, that could be a symptom of Saturn in 8th house too, I think.
Saturn can make inhibitions, but is also a planet we have to work through, because if we don't learn the lessons of this strict planet and don't find a constructive way for it's manifestation in our life, it can eat us for lunch.

Is it something what have you experienced maybe too? Negative feelings regarding sex life? It's only my divagation, no need to answer it if it's too personal.

No problem :) I have a stellium of personal planets in my 1st House Gemini, so i'm a very open book.

I remember watching this film, it was interesting and thought provoking. Michael Fassbender is a phenomenal actor, it also reminded me of another film called Don Jon which center's around Joseph Gordon Levitt's character been a p*rn addict.. different but similar themes, that i felt i could relate too in some degree.

I've never had a relationship last more then 3 months, i think this is partly because i choose women who are unavailable for anything long-term. It gives me the feeling of been in a relationship without been committed but this may have to do with Sagittarius been on my 7th house, although Saturn may be playing a part.

Because of this, sex often becomes one-night stands usually with alcohol involved.. and it's more a physical experience then one of deep transformative unity, but again this is a result of the women i seek out.. if i were in a committed relationship with someone who i value more then just sex.. i think it would be much richer and fulfilling, and this may just be the lesson i need to learn with regards to Saturn and Sex.

I know that i crave a deeper connection sexually, but there's a fear of allowing myself to be that vulnerable, and issues around letting go.. Saturn been the great inhibitor in the 8th house of change and transformation makes it hard.

Last edited:

lazarusx

Ahh yes, Hunger was another film of his that was confronting, really great acting.

I have Pluto tied to my Venus, Mars, Moon and Pluto in 7th.

Similar, i have Pluto squaring Venus and Mars (6th and 3rd).. that's a whole lot of fun, the one time i did fall in love with someone.. it became all consuming; suddenly i understood why they call it 'falling' in love.. it felt like i was falling and losing control and boundaries between my self and them became blurred. Which can be pure ecstasy in the moment but reality demands discernment between self and other in order to function and for a healthy relationship.

I saw the darker elements to this aspect through obsession, possessiveness and jealousy. I didn't know i had these qualities within me until i was in a position that forced them to the surface.

It scares me to become that overwhelmed with emotion and love, because i lose myself.. so there is a hesitation with opening up.

I bet when you commit, you commit hard and you are very loyal to that person, isn't it like this?

Yes, almost to a fault.

R4VEN

Another Saturn in 8th person. I have it in Leo in 8th, and it is my chart ruler, so it casts a shadow across my whole chart. Saturn restricts/limits the issues of it's natal house - generally until much later in life.

The following quote is from The DK Foundation website:

" People with Saturn in H8 are made to feel acutely vulnerable in situations of emotional and sexual intimacy and they are inclined to attract controlling, even bullying partners who remind them of their lack of responsibility. Co-dependent relationships which protract the cruelty and abuse are very common with this placement."

According to a person's own karmic journey, Saturn in the 8th will restrict/limit access to other people's money, and/or property one has in partnership with another. Inheritances tend to be limited or held up in some way (When my mother died, the money should have come straight through, but the agent who was handling her estate had a nervous breakdown, and the $$ was held up for around 6-8 months)

The 8th house also is a lot to do with letting go, and so issues to do with intimacy - the ultimate letting go - tend to be difficult for one with Saturn in 8th. Sexual abstinence is common, as well as meaningless sexual encounters. The `real thing' in hard to come by, and this difficulty arises from within the person's own reluctance to opening themselves up to another.

There may be an enduring interest in death and the dying process, and an accompanying interest in the darker side of life. A person with Saturn in the 8th will also be interested in the motives behind human behaviour, especially aberrant behaviour.

lazarusx

The following quote is from The DK Foundation website:

" People with Saturn in H8 are made to feel acutely vulnerable in situations of emotional and sexual intimacy and they are inclined to attract controlling, even bullying partners who remind them of their lack of responsibility. Co-dependent relationships which protract the cruelty and abuse are very common with this placement."

That is surprisingly accurate.

Almost all of my partners have had controlling tendencies, they have all projected a serious and responsible presence which i have found myself attracted too. Well educated, mature in matters of finances,sex,family,social and relationships. (Almost all were Capricorns)

My last girlfriend for example was even taking on the responsibility of paying her parents bills because they themselves would forget, another ex of mine.. her father died when she was young, and her mother was/is depressed so she took on the responsibility of taking care of her mother and younger brothers.. which influenced her approach to life.

At the same time i cant stand been under a position of authority, and will attempt to escape from it.

Thanks for the information R4VEN,

Last edited:

R4VEN

I just needed to add that I sense Plutonian elements in what you both - Moor and Lazarusx - describe in the falling in love process. There is also a Neptunian element in there somewhere - the loss of identity and personal definition.

For me, falling in love was as you describe it - the loss of control, the loss of self, the depth of emotion ...... none of which was at all practical or useful in the long run. This is how the 8th house works, I think. I have only `fallen in love' with people who were not good for me, and were not able to meet me half way, or even one-tenth the way. I have found my relationship history (now a long way in the past) to be painful and confronting. But what I *did* learn was to be responsible for myself and my own emotional life. That has taken me decades, and I had to experience the 2nd Saturn R to `get it'.

During my 1st Saturn Return, I was not yet ready to be fully responsible for myself and my children, and as the time passed from the Saturn R to the Saturn square at 37, I realised/learned that being responsible for myself was the only way I was going to get out of a marriage that was slowly killing me ..... (my former husband was a master manipulator, and emotionally abusive)

The 8th house forces us to let go - of control, of ego, of expectations, and Saturn pushes us to being responsible for ourselves and our actions.

lazarusx

I don't have much more to add other then to say it's relieving to hear of other's experience's with love been so similar to my own experience; the all consuming, loss of self and boundary, all or nothing, absolute raw force of depth and emotion of Pluto that simply annihilates you within it's wake.

And much like yourself Moor that initial unity felt like an incredible catharsis that slowly began to unravel as reality crept back in to the point where every detail, every issue became a threat to that initial union.

I also can relate to falling for people that barley meet me half-way.. and those that go above and beyond i rarely feel the same connection, some cruel sense of irony here..

My Neptune sits right on top of Saturn also, which would likely explain the neptunium themes of loss of identity.

Thankyou both for sharing your own experiences and providing a platform for discussion and the opportunity to relate and find clarification.