Mercury Goes Retrograde Sept. 6, 2009 at 6'13" Libra

freedomlover

Since it is almost upon us, and I hadn't seen a thread started yet for this Mercury retrograde cycle, I thought I'd begin one.

Mercury goes retrograde September 6, 2009 at 6'13"Libra and stations direct on September 29, 2009 at 21'36" Virgo.

It entered the shadow on August 17, 2009 at 21'36"Virgo, and will leave the shadow on October 14, 2009 at 6'13" Libra.

I've already seen what will probably be a strong theme in this one: Have the rest of you noticed how many "Will he/she come back to me?" , "Will I hear from him/her again?" type questions have been posted on the forum in the last couple of days? I know this forum has always received alot of those kind, but it seems like there were an awful lot at once when I looked at the recent posts section today.

The retrograde cycle IS in Libra this time.... hmmmm.....

Please share your Mercury retrograde experiences.

dperez3894

In my case, Mercury is currently conjunct my natal Pluto in Libra which is also conjunct my natal Ascendant in Libra.

From what I've read, Mercury conjunct Pluto leads to really deep and intuitive thinking and with Mercury going retrograde, the effect is going to be magnified even further.

Attachments

• dperez3894.gif
    dperez3894.gif
    28 KB · Views: 28

lilllybelle

Well pardon me, but I'm about to take a trip down the road of light and fluffy. Mercury retrograde in libra means one thing ladies: it's time to buy some new lipstick. Just kidding. But seriously, I did just hear about some amazing new beauty product on the market that I'm foaming at the mouth to try. This is supposed to be the product that will end my lifetime of suffering over having short & puny eyelashes. If the product works, I will bow down on my knees while declaring my devotion to mercury retrograde in libra. I have no shame in admitting I'm a beauty product junkey.

With mercury slowing down in libra, I've been taking extra time every day to get my makeup just right and curling my hair. I also bought some new liquid eyeliner that I love.

I was feeling kind of sad for a few day thinking about an ex (another libran issue), but prayer helped me feel better.

Kerrie

Freedomlover, my friend has T Mercury square N Neptune in the 4th, and T Mars is opposite. He wants to move house for personal reasons and thinks he is making the right decision.

Am I right in thinking he is making the wrong decision? As the ill effects of the square and opposition with Neptune, cause confusion and bad ideas???

I see that Mercury will be going back until the end of the month, and then turning and so it will hit his square again. What happens then? Will he want to move again? Or will it all be just mental as Mars isnt involved?

Cupcake

Do retrogrades effect people who are born with natal retrogrades? My natal mercury in Pisces was in retrograde.. What effect will this retrograde have on me? if any? It's in the first house...

VirgoScorpio

So, I have my natal Saturn at 10 degrees Libra and Jupiter at 15 degrees Libra in my 11th house. Retrograde Mercury is conjuncting them. Anyone have any insight into what this can mean for me? Since it's retrograding in my 11th house does that mean some communication issues with friends and groups? I have a trip planned out already for a few days and am thinking of moving (well always have been) to LA and am really going for it now. Also my natal Mercury and Pluto are in Libra as well though at 21 deg for Merc and 23 for Pluto. My birth info is 9/18/81 at 11:35 am in Hinsdale, IL if anyone wants to look at my chart. :) Thanks!

Capricornius_Aquarius

I have Virgo rising,and Mercury in the 5th house. I'm sure children,romance,and all of that is going to undergo a change. Not to mention,tommorow I have the sun starting to transit my first house.

ravi kanth

I have Virgo rising,and Mercury in the 5th house. I'm sure children,romance,and all of that is going to undergo a change. Not to mention,tommorow I have the sun starting to transit my first house.
my DOB is 18th june 1985 , born at 06:23 PM (IST , India) , 05:30:00 (East of GMT) , Place : 82 E 03' 00" , 16 N 36' . South Grafton , India .

I like to know my career growth.
Jupiter is in 2nd house (least powerful) , while saturn is in 11th house and most powerful (own house)_ retrograde.

ravi kanth

my DOB is 18th june 1985 , born at 06:23 PM (IST , India) , 05:30:00 (East of GMT) , Place : 82 E 03' 00" , 16 N 36' . South Grafton , India .

I like to know my career growth.
Jupiter is in 2nd house (least powerful) , while saturn is in 11th house and most powerful (own house)_ retrograde.
like to know my professional growth

bunny1

Re: Mercury Rx and minor medical procedures.

Hey!
So, I never sign things, buy things or travel on purpose when Merc. is Rx but I am wondering about rescheduling a Dr. appointment to get a copper IUD.
(Sorry to be graphic, but I wanted to be clear about the "minor procedure" part.)
Does anyone have advise they are willing to offer?
My sun is Gem. 19, Moon Virgo 10...
Pluto Virgo 24 and Uranus Libra 04 (both of these last 2 in my 6th house, ruled by Virgo)(those are what worries me).
My gut says its no big deal- keep the appt.
hmmm.....
Muchas gracias!

hermetic

well, for me it proved to be just about what Mercury retro in Libra sounds like - several days ago my boyfriend and I agreed that we(well mostly him) need time to rethink about the relationship and where are we going. so technically we are still together but just , like, 'thinking/deciding' on the future of it

Mercury is now conj my Sun and his Pluto, and I see that for him this is a much deeper issue to work thru.
I hope after retrograde period his decision will be in the favor of relationship :eek:

Sunny

My natal mercury in Pisces was in retrograde.. What effect will this retrograde have on me? if any? It's in the first house...
Mercury on the ASC shows that you are very handsome. And if Mercury retrograde comes back to your natal Mercury retro, that means that you are continuing what you did the last years before. Or, in other words, it means that this what you are acting now is the continuation of what you already began last year.

Cupcake

Mercury on the ASC shows that you are very handsome. And if Mercury retrograde comes back to your natal Mercury retro, that means that you are continuing what you did the last years before. Or, in other words, it means that this what you are acting now is the continuation of what you already began last year.

lmao something must have gone wrong them.. I actually have a stelluim in the first (sun, venus, mercury and jupiter) asc in pisces, mer and jupiter in pisces and sun & venus in Aries

R4VEN

I've been fthagn glakri after my snorglcorf arpog almost gimbled my gwyre.
Luv yu, Northstar - yoo speek mi langwidge roolly well.

I keep telling myself that Mercury Rx never affects me - hah!! And in Libra - well, I have Libra all under conrol, don't I? I have lots of Libra in my chart, and I can deal with it ju-ust fine, thank you very much..................

:mercury:Rx is in my 9th house, and Libra rules my 10th, with good ol :neptune: (the mad uncle I love to hate) close to the MC. Merc in the shadow (as mentioned by FL in the first post) brought that mad uncle out into the open, so much that I wanted to punch his lights out. Since Merc went Rx (early Tues am CST time here) I have calmed the heck down and started to delve beneath the rubbish which occupies my conscious thoughts, and am finding some sane truths beneath all the reactive BS. I quite like the 9th house, as it helps me be truthful with myself.

I actually quite like retrogrades, particularly of mercury, cos I'm quite fond of my own natal Mercury placement, and I like to use my mind for useful things. I think a lot (sometimes not a good idea), so Merc Rx gives me a lot to think about.

piercethevale

Greetings ya'all. There is a ton of implications going on with Mercurys' movement.
One should look to the Sabians involved at the retro initiatition, the initiation of the direct return [the 22nd degree of Virgo] and the final return to the initial point...ie. the 7th degree of Libra.
Then to understand what these symbols signify by this emphasis...this accumalation of energy to be released [from Virgo 22*] by Mercury through the symbology of Libra 07* as they relate to the influences of Mercury to society as a whole is then symbolically represented by the North Nodes position at these intervals.
Coupled with the fact that Merc wil conj. Saturn in the Saturn/Uranus opposition is profoundly interesting. And look at the symbols involved with Saturn and Uranus. [The Sun and Neptune are also in play/aspect during this period...and for that matter the Nodes too!]
To reiterate all the symbols involved is beyond my scope of time allowed presently but what I see is some info/knowledge of a highly important or significant spiritual nature being disseminated to a group, or possibly en masse, during this time.
What a very curious and interesting transit this is!

Last edited:

piercethevale

Hi again. I thought I should add the observation that Mercury will be conj. Saturn in the 22nd deg. of Virgo when it began its' 'Shadow Period'.
I have found this degree of the Zodiac to be most interesting and intriguing,
If you've read my theory on the application of the musical scale [septenary] to the Zodiac. It is the point of conj. with the note of 'G' and where I figure the start of the 'Path of Discipleship' is...ie. the 22nd degree of Virgo [according to Rudhyar all paths of discipleship begin in Virgo]
The initiation of this retro movement is in the 7th deg. of Libra...the Sabian Symbol for which is: [from Rudhyars' book] "A WOMAN FEEDING CHICKENS AND PROTECTING THEM FROM THE HAWKS. The need to face the antagonism of 'powers of darkness' as one attempts to feed the mind of as yet helpless and frightened appretices....[and Rudhyars' Keyword for this symbol/degree is] "GUARDIANSHIP'.
...Hmmm...apprentices & the start of the 'Path of Discipleship' vs. the 'Powers of Darkness'
The placement of the N. Node in the 29th degree of Cap, symbolic of 'Clairvoyance', through the 28th degree, symbolic of 'Clairaudience', the 27th degree, symbolic of of 'spiritual upreaching' and the N. Nodes placement at the 26th degree of Cap. at Mercs' final retrun in Oct, the symbol for which is about "the ability to perceive the hidden and creative spirit of natural phenomena", suggests that a higher comminique is occuring with spiritual leaders/teachers at this time that will be disseminated to disciples.
Couple this with the Saturn/Uranus [Saturn/Lessons & Uranus/The Great Awakener] opposition that is occuring in the 25th degrees of Virgo/Pisces...the symbols for which involve 'Public recognition' and 'overcoming corrupted spiritual/religious practices'...seems to imply that a great stride will be made by gurus/spiritual teachers for all disciples of true spiritual paths against those of the 'Darkness' as to how said efforts by those of the 'Darkness' have been attempting to frighten us off our various paths or prevert our practices/rites in an attempt to lead us astray.
Also coupled with the fact that the New Moon will occur in the 26th degree of Vigo which symbollically is about 'Beings charged with planetary responsibilities are involved in some important facet of planetary evolution in terms of spirituality' [to paraphrase Rudhyars' interpretaion]...all gives indications of activity along the aforementioned lines of communication and assistance in breaking free of a spiritual impasse that has been caused by said 'powers of Darkness'.
Now this could be something on a very subtle scale or something could happen profoundly apparent during this time...it will certainly be a time to observe and analyze in retrospect once this transit of Merc retro is completed around Oct 20th.
Also is of interest that Venus will conj. Saturn in the 29th deg. of Virgo at this time [in early Oct] and that the symbol for that degree is about a period after a spiritual crisis where an understanding of spiritual knowledge is acquired and applied....more indication of overcoming stagnation and perverted or wrongful spiritual practices/rites/beliefs created by the forces of Darkness through the energy of [in this case] Venus [Love] and Saturn [Lessons]...
Again, let me state that this could occur esoterically or broadly en masse...this is how I see it.

Last edited: