How will my gift affect our relationship?

jenluvsblackcat

Hi all,

I arranged to send some lovely flowers to a lovely someone as my declaration of my romantic feelings for them on Valentines Day. My horary question is;
How will my gift affect our relationship?

I know this question sounds silly, but this guy means very much to me and I think I need to at least be clear about where things are meant to be going. Sorehearted helped me out a few months ago with some synastry guidance for which I am grateful.

The chart (the time I asked the question-not when I made the flower order)

http://www.publicupload.com/files/h...n Somerville, NJ, USA at 7:32PM Many Thanks!

Arian Maverick

Hello Jen, and welcome to the forums! :D

I am going to repost your chart here because there was an error with the HTML...that's why it's always a good idea to include your data as well. Good job! :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Very thoughtful of you! Thanks Maverick!

No problem...in case you didn't know, I'm the resident Virgo South Node chart creater/uploader :wink:

I do this to save time for those who do the interpretations, since I am not yet skilled in that area...anyone up for this?

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. I'm a Jersey girl, too :D

Summery Joy

Dear Jen,

So, you’ve finally decided to tell him, huh? Well, let’s take a look at this chart.

The ASC is at Virgo 18:20. You are signified by Mercury at Pisces 5:18 in the 6th house.

Mercury is in very weak placement here. First of all, since Mercury rules and is exalted in Virgo, it’s in its sign of detriment in Pisces. It is on the same degree as the North Node. I don’t know why, but this is usually not a good thing in horary. It’s in the 6th house, a cadent house which is another weak placement. This means that Mercury is both essentially and accidentally debilitated in this chart. Also, the 6th house is the turned 12th from the 7th. This means that if we consider the guy to be a prospect partner (7th house), this placement means that he doesn’t know how you really feel. Mercury has left its position as “combust” a little more than 3 degrees ago showing your desire to let the truth out, but is still under the beams of the Sun. This is another weak placement and shows that you haven’t told him yet.

By the way, Mercury is about to turn Rx very soon.

It is received by Venus, the natural significator of love and relationships, by exaltation and term. This doesn’t make it a better placement. It simply describes what’s on your mind. It’s received by Saturn by face, and Saturn happens to be the ruler of gifts and romance in this chart (we’ll get to that) also showing what’s on your mind. Another thing showing what’s on your mind is the North Node in the 7th house.

Usually the prospect partner is ruled by the 7th house. But I already have a background on your situation and I know that you are officially just friend with this guy, but you happen to be incredibly close. So, I could either use the 7th house or the 11th house. You know what? I’ll look at both.

The cusp of the 7th house is in Pisces, making him (as potential partner) Jupiter at Scorpio 18:12. Jupiter has left the Via Combusta area (Libra 15 – Scorpio 15) also a little bit more than 3 degrees ago. What’s with that number? Maybe you decided to tell him around 3 units of time ago (3 days, 3weeks)?) Anyway, Jupiter is in its own term making it a tad stronger than Mercury. It’s deposited by Mars, the natural significator of war and sex, by sign, triplicity and face. Generally, Mars is a malefic and in this chart it is also in its sign of detriment. I don’t think this is a good effect on Jupiter the significator of the guy as a prospect partner.

Jupiter is also suffering accidental debility by being in a cadent house. It’s in your 3rd house (communication). I guess this signifies your desire to communicate your feelings to him. This is also his turned 9th house. I do not know how to interpret this, but the 9th house is the house associated with freedom, it is the house of no-boundaries.

There is not applying aspects between your significators. There’s not translation of light either. Not good.

I chose the 5th house to rule your gift. I think this is the most appropriate house since it rules fun and romance. Like I said earlier, Saturn signifies your gift since the cusp of the 5th house is in Capricorn. I don’t like this placement very much. Capricorn is a fearsome and contracted sign, not good for romance and fun. Maybe you’re afraid? Also, Saturn is in its sign of detriment and is in retrograde motion in the 11th house. Rx motion is hardly ever a good sign unless it signifies the return of a certain situation. And since what you’re striving for is completely new thing, I don’t think the gift is very good idea. Also it’s in the 11th house. This is the house of friendship and also the house of shocks and break-ups. This placement is very strange to me. I think it could mean one of two things; either you’ll chicken out when he sees the gift and end up telling him something like Valentine’s in not only for lovers it’s also for friends OR when he realizes what this gift is about he’ll get all shocked and it may ruin what you guys already have. Don’t freak out yet. The interpretation is not over. Although Saturn here is not telling us good things it is still in its own face and is in Mercury’s term. The gift is not a horrible thing; it’s just a shocking thing. Maybe he’s not expecting it. I’m not sure though because the 11th house always has a surprise around the corner.

By the way, I think Saturn generally signifies older men.

I think asking the guy for a committed relationship is not the way to go with this gift. Also, light romance is not great since Neptune, a natural significator of illusions and deception, is in the 5th house. He may say yes at first but then change his mind. Or maybe you’ll live in your own head and not see reality for what it is. Let’s consider him as a friend and see what strategy is best.

To look at him as a friend, we must consider the 11th house. In this case, the 11th house is in Cancer so he’s signified by the Moon. The Moon also is a co-significator of you and your question. I think this tells us that it is in fact best to consider him as a friend for now. Anyway, the Moon signifying him is in his turned 1st house. He’s thinking about his own life maybe? It has just separated from Saturn Rx. In his turned houses, Saturn rules the 7th and 8th houses. There’s a chance that up until very recently, he has been dwelling about past relationships and was actually going through a transformation phase. Now, he’s finally past it and is ready to think of himself for a change. Also, the Moon in your own 11th house shows that he is at his best place in your life right now, as a friend. Although the Moon is in Leo, the sign of romance and fun, its other placements are not very encouraging.

As a co-significator of the question, let’s consider the last aspects the Moon makes before it leaves its current sign. If we consider modern planets, the last aspect is a trine with Pluto, the natural significator of intensity, secrets and transformation. This shows a good result in those areas but necessarily showing love or romance. If we ignore modern planets, then the last aspect is a square with Mars. This is a tough aspect and we’ve already talked about Mars. Combining both, I think the relationship may end ugly but once you’re over it you’ll realize you’ve learned a lot and make peace with him. I may be reading into this one though.

Last but not the least, Venus, the natural significator of love and relationship is still slow and is in its Rx zone. This is not a particularly good time to start a new relationship. Also, it’s only applying by sextile to the ruler of the 7th house but not to your significator. I don’t know what this could mean, but it’s not for your benefit.

Jen, I’m really sorry, but I think the chart is saying that if your Valentine gift gives him the impression that you want some sort of commitment, it will not end well. To keep it safe, I think you should wait a while longer. If you insist on giving him a least a hint, you could start with the suggestion of a no-strings-attached kind of romance. But, I have to tell you, that won’t last long and you two will have to face the choice of commitment or break up.

So sorry. I hope I’m wrong about this.

jenluvsblackcat

Nora,
Thanks for putting so much time into this for me. What you said is mostly accurate (about me being scared etc.) Who wouldn't be? I don't expect him to leap into a comitted relationship because of these flowers. I just figured his reaction to them would act as some sort of a barometer of how he really feels. Plus, I think he'd like them.

So much has gone on since you and I last spoke. The guy bought me a nice bracelet for a late Christmas gift. His beloved cat died, which made us even closer than before. Let's just say that sometimes my intuition is telling me he likes me as more than a friend, and then other days (usually when I'm busy) I think I'm crazy for even believing that notion!

Here is what made me decide to send the flowers in the first place! He gave me the bracelet last Sunday...then Wednseday I decided to order the flowers...then Friday I ordered them...they will be delivered to him this Tuesday before 12 noon.

I'm a pretty secure tarot reader too and have asked about the flowers only to get "The Tower" when it comes to his thoughts. So what you said about the 11th house and suprises was very accurate.

Here is a thought...what about constructing a horary chart for the time I sent the flowers? Would that make things any different? Probably worse..hahaha. If it makes a difference, February 10th 2006 12:25 PM in Long Valley, New Jersey, USA.
I'm ecstatic and dreadful all at the same time! How lovely.... :roll:
Thank you so much for every ounce of input!

Arian Maverick

Here is a thought...what about constructing a horary chart for the time I sent the flowers? Would that make things any different? Probably worse..hahaha. If it makes a difference, February 10th 2006 12:25 PM in Long Valley, New Jersey, USA.

I'll get right to it! :D

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Aquarian Maverick is awesome!
Thanks again

I think you meant "obsessive" instead of "awesome," but I enjoy indulging in my Virgo South Node :wink:

Now, can anyone take a stab at interpreting this?

Aquarian Maverick

Summery Joy

Hey jen,

Glad things are working out the way you like. Like I told you when you first told me about this guys, yes of course he does like you more than just a friend. My concern is that sometimes this isn't enough. Well, let's hope the 11th house gives you some nice surprises.

The chart of when you sent the flowers is actually a good idea. However, it's an event chart not an horary chart, and I'm not sure how to interpret those. So maybe someone else could help.

Oh well, Valentine's is just a day away. Good luck and keep us updated :)

jenluvsblackcat

Nora,
Thanks again for the concern. Not to worry, I will post an update as soon as something happens! :shock: Until then, I will just bite my fingernails.

jenluvsblackcat

HA!

I have been on edge for 2 days waiting for him to get back to me about the flowers. I was seriously angry with him and sent him an email asking if he even got them. I couldn't figure out why he wasn't contacting me at all. As it turned out, he wasn't home on Tuesday and had the florist wait until this morning to deliver them. He loves them! Ha! Talk about 11th house surprises!!!

Thank you all for everything!!!!!!!! :D

Arian Maverick

That's great! :D

I know exactly what you mean about "eleventh house surprises"...my ruling planet is Uranus after all, and guess where it's located? :p

Aquarian Maverick

Summery Joy

Wow. The ruler of the 5th house (gift in your horary) was in the 11 house so I did exoect a surprise, but I couldn't quite figure out what the retrograde motion meant. I guess it meant them being delivered late :)

So, what did the flowers do your relationship? Did the subject of romance come up?

jenluvsblackcat

To Nora and all those who like juicy gossip about people you know vaguely!

He kissed me on the lips twice. That's all I gotta say. I usually don't kiss and tell. Hahaha. Happy Valentine's Day indeeeeeeed!!!! 8)

Summery Joy

To Nora and all those who like juicy gossip about people you know vaguely!

Yes?

He kissed me on the lips twice.

Woohoo! You go, girl!

That's all I gotta say. I usually don't kiss and tell.

Oh, come on! Fine. I'll just construct an horary and see what else you're not telling us :p (I really hope there's more you're not telling us).

Hahaha. Happy Valentine's Day indeeeeeeed!!!!

Hope there's more coming your way. Enjoy ;)