So I wanted to discuss my ‘monkey mind’

or1000

My monkey mind. I have Pluto in the 3rd house and my mercury aspects all of the outer planets. Right now it is driving me a little mad. There’s just so much going on that I can’t even keep a track of my thoughts at this point. It’s making me want to numb it out.

it does at times seem a little like my unconscious is just flooding into my view and it can be very hard to come to grips with and make sense of it. I’m also very psychic and intuitive so I’m picking up on things that aren’t even mine too, I’m starting to believe.

It usually may not often bother me as much, but it seems like a lot of this mind chatter could be very useful to my personal development and for me to have a better understanding, instead of trying to escape it. What do you think?

Ps Scorpio moon and Jupiter currently transiting 3rd.. just finding it difficult and need some advice.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
No escaping thoughts...

What thoughts is your mind throwing around? Start with one, write them down as they come along.

Why is your mind thinking about those things you've written down? Meditate on each thought, look for its source.

katydid

I agree with Blaze.
You cannot repress or deny your thoughts, effectively or productively.

It seems better to go full Pluto, and focus on them more deeply.

Write down some of them, as they come. Keep a journal close at hand.

Maybe do something with that stream of consciousness.

Poetry, art, lyrics, articles, short stories, etc.

Like you, I have Mercury aspecting all of the outer planets. I have Uranus in the 3rd, so I understand 'chatter' and I love your term 'Monkey Mind.' lol I get it.

When Jupiter transited my 3rd, crossing back and forth over Uranus and Trining my Mercury, I wrote a few volumes of poetry. Even told people I was going to be a poet. lol I was 18, so ....

katydid

Here is an example of your monkey mind.
You opened a thread, asking for input. Then went on and opened new threads, about other questions, without commenting on the replies you got here. :annoyed:
Is that your over amped Mercury?

or1000

Here is an example of your monkey mind.
You opened a thread, asking for input. Then went on and opened new threads, about other questions, without commenting on the replies you got here. :annoyed:
Is that your over amped Mercury?

I’m glad you understand, katydid. Yes it is my mercury, works so fast and so enthralled with astrology again at the moment. I sat down to reply to them earlier because I like to give a detailed response.... hahaha. Have you got an active mercury?

or1000

No escaping thoughts...

What thoughts is your mind throwing around? Start with one, write them down as they come along.

Why is your mind thinking about those things you've written down? Meditate on each thought, look for its source.

I really appreciate your words on ‘meditating on each thought’. Then looking at the source. Just simply put like that made sense to me in the moment. It’s having lots of details and not having chance to link them to the wider pictures that can be the issue. But this gives a way.

Last edited:

katydid

I’m glad you understand, katydid. Yes it is my mercury, works so fast and so enthralled with astrology again at the moment. I sat down to reply to them earlier because I like to give a detailed response.... hahaha. Have you got an active mercury?

Yes, a very very active Mercury.
My Mercury is @ 18'Scorpio, conjunct the Descendant.

It's most exact aspect is a trine to Uranus in Cancer in the 3rd house.

I love that^^^ aspect. In school, I was often able to instantly understand complicated theories, without having to study rigorously.

But of course the downside was that I often skipped the deep studies---hence my Mercury T-square, with Jupiter and Pluto. And the in conjunct to Sat/Neptune.

I always understood things Cosmically , Spiritually and Universally. But Academically and Scientifically, sometimes a bit iffy. :tongue:

My Mercury :

Semisquare Moon
Opposed Jupiter
Inconjunct Saturn
Trine Uranus
Inconjunct Neptune
Square Pluto
Square the Nodes
Opposed the Ascendant
Quintile the MC

Other than the Moon semi-square, my Mercury makes no aspects to any of the personal planets. :unsure:

But it makes very tight major aspects to every planet from Jupiter out. And to both of the angles. :ninja: