Discussion/questions:Archergirl's Article:Basic Horary

starlink

Good one AG! This might help a lot of newby's.

One suggestion: We might need a short explanation on Mutual Receptions as so often we get questions like: Does he/she like me? What does he/she feel for me? Would this be possible? or do you think this belongs more in the "advanced" horary? Maybe there is already a clear explanation for that in this Technique forum, so then I would just copy and paste it into your article as an extra point at the end of the article. (if you agree with this suggestion only of course).

All those links are also fantastic! Thanks Lilly!
Cheers, Starlink

:)

Last edited:

archergirl

Mutual reception is fairly complicated; I would be more tempted to make a separate article or 'blurb' for it, as explaining it will take a page or two!

AG:)

PS Thanks for all the links; they are fab!

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Thanks for the great work. Yes, i think *Advanced Horary* could be a good follow up for the Board.
I'll keep adding to those links as I go over past threads from this forum too.
Also i thought I might try to include a list of free *E-Books* on the subject.
Cheers, lillyjgc

dreamtimez

Thank you AG for this ... its a great help for us. :)

I have a question to ask regarding the Moon. In the article you said : "Many beginners overlook how important the Moon is in horary. The Moon is often thought of as a ‘co-significator’ for the person asking the question, but the Moon really should be thought of as the engine in the ‘car’ of the chart: the Moon drives the action of the chart (or not)."

What happens when the Moon signifies the querent/questied ? How do we read the future development in such a chart.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

archergirl

What happens when the Moon signifies the querent/questied ? How do we read the future development in such a chart.

When it represents someone in the chart, it takes the role of both; so you have to hold a paradox of sorts. The Moon will represent the person; it will also represent the thrust of the question.

etoilestar

Hi AG

great article, not finished it yet but need to ask the questions as they come up or i get engrossed in something else and forget...

The late ascendant thing meaning that the querent possibly already knows the answer...

would this be interpreted as for example "had a row with the b/f g/f and I am worried that we won't get back together" ie I don't think we will in my turmoil... or is it more sepcific as in "had a row with b/f g/f during which he she told me he she had someone else and was marrying them next week" ie there is a HUGE chance that I know the answer

I ask because there are a few times when this has happened, in circumstances where there was no real indication like in the getting married example, and it was a real is it or isnt it situation, yet it still came with the late ascendant...

hope you can understand what im asking.. lol its not too clear.

thanks Melanie

NicholasH

Re: How to Read a Horary Chart: The Basics

thanks you for the post!
clear, easy to understand.
i'm actually doing horary and it works.

pat on the back for u.

dreamtimez

archergirl said:
When it represents someone in the chart, it takes the role of both; so you have to hold a paradox of sorts. The Moon will represent the person; it will also represent the thrust of the question.

Thank you, AG :) so the Moon sometimes takes on a dual role. Indeed I'll be reading horary charts so much better now (hopefully) !!! AG, I was wondering could you post an article on judging 'end of the matter'. As far as I know the Moon's last aspect signifies it ... but I don't have a clear idea.

Take care

archergirl

Hi Melanie (etoilestar),

A late ascendant shouldn't stand as the final judgement in a chart; you can still look at the relationship between the querent/quesited and see what they are 'doing'.

What the late ascendant points to is that:

a) the querent can do nothing about the situation, anyway (it's 'too late') or:
b) they have probably already asked the question before, or already know the answer, but are asking anyway. Just be cautious about reading such charts, especially if they are your own charts. Chances are, you're tinkering with things you oughtn't to.;)

Hi Dreamtimez,

There are different ways of judging the 'end of the matter', most of which make things very complicated.:D Try to judge the matter by what the querent and quesited's planets are doing, first; what the Moon is doing, second; and if you still get no joy you can look to the 4th house significator and see whether one of the main significators or the Moon aspect it. But in most charts you won't need to.

I'll take your suggestions for other articles. I may have to end up writing a book!:D

natasa812

Re: How to Read a Horary Chart: The Basics

Thank you, very useful. I need to learn a lot, but this is an excellent guide.
Natasha

etoilestar

thanks AG

that helps clarify it a bit... well done at understanding where i was coming from I just reread what i wrote and even I had trouble lol

Melanie

aquarius7000

Hi Nicholas and Natasha,

I've moved your posts to discusss the write-up, "How to read a Horary Chart: The Basics", to this thread.

:)aquarius7000

hermetic

archergirl said:
There are different ways of judging the 'end of the matter', most of which make things very complicated.:D Try to judge the matter by what the querent and quesited's planets are doing, first; what the Moon is doing, second; and if you still get no joy you can look to the 4th house significator and see whether one of the main significators or the Moon aspect it. But in most charts you won't need to.

Archergirl, one question from me - if the Moon is indeed aspecting the 4th house ruler, how is this read into - if it's applying and positive then it's good, and separating and hard aspects are not good, true?

oh, and you should definitely write a book, with all the knowledge you have ;)

archergirl

if the Moon is indeed aspecting the 4th house ruler, how is this read into - if it's applying and positive then it's good, and separating and hard aspects are not good, true?

This is why I seldom recommend looking at it from the 4th house. :p
if it's applying and positive then it's good, and separating and hard aspects are not good, true?

Yes, basically. An applying trine (especially with favourable reception) indicates a 'good' ending to the story; separating aspects clearly show that it's on its way out the door.

Kannan

AG

In the wake of an excellant article by you, can you throw some light on "To Turn or not to Turn the chart" also .Your views on this will be very educative to the members.

Thank you

Kannan

newmoonveil

Love the article, very helpful.

Can I ask what more abstract things like trustworthiness of someone else would be ruled by? And further, would you rotate the chart for the person quesited to determine the house and ruler? I would imagine that the aspect between that ruler and the significators/moon would be what to look for? How would one determine the answer if there was a lack of aspect?

I originally thought trustworthiness would be ruled by the 3rd, considering that house rules communication, but I'm just not sure because trustworthiness in a person is not always about communication and it also seems like 2nd house of Values to me too.

I know this is a lot of questions, but I can't help my curious mind and I have no one else to ask.

Thank you!