Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Maybe start a thread and bookmark it? Something like CT's cult collection? Sharing on this thread won't exactly guarantee it won't get lost with the amount of posts going on here.

It's not only this thread where I post links either but scattered over the forum. I also sometimes private message myself some material and future leads. This has been working for me for quite some time now. The only thing that I really see as a drawback is that sometimes links stop working and there are no free alternatives available on the web. You can get high quality material on the web if you know how and where to look, you don't need to feed yourself on the surface web blog posts unless that's your desire.

Gemini888

No, I was talking to Lykanized. What do you want clarification on?
Oh... I thought you were asking for something I hinted at that I may have forgotten. It would be nice to know what Lykanized hinted at though.

Speaking of Jung, I know he was into astrology, but I still wonder how much of his public work was influenced by it, given that he wasn't willing to let people know of his interest.

conspiracy theorist

Oh... I thought you were asking for something I hinted at that I may have forgotten. It would be nice to know what Lykanized hinted at though.

Speaking of Jung, I know he was into astrology, but I still wonder how much of his public work was influenced by it, given that he wasn't willing to let people know of his interest.

She created a thread in the spiritual section on Indigos and Starseeds, mentioning the heavy works that the most recent community has developed. It should be on the first page of the spiritual realm since that part of the forum moves so slowly.

While he didn't sit down to write on astrology proper like a Liz Greene or Robert Hand, his works were littered with astrological information and learning with what I have encountered. His knowledge of classical astrology would indicate that he had access to rare and jealously guarded material, bearing in mind that the traditional astrology "renaissance" didn't happen until closer to the 21st century, but then a man of his professional standing and reputation could easily gain such exclusive access. He had no qualms with using it in his counselling sessions either. He drew on astrology in the same way drew on alchemy, mythology, religion etc

I find that the astrological chart as related to mandalas interesting, since separately from the information you could glean reading the chart, by meditating on the symbology of the astrological chart itself one would be channeling inner resources that calls forth the desire for psychological integration. Jung found that Mandalas would appear in the dreams and thought lives of his patients whenever they are going through major crises in life, and are in between worlds where their previous mode of living no longer serves them, and the new paradigm that they are going toward has not been solidified. To see this phenomena practically play itself out when persons come to astrology in times of uncertainty and crises is one that I find fascinating.

conspiracy theorist

There is even an interview online where Jung says to his interviewer how steeped into the occult he was. He seemed to have no shame in admitting that, but then he was an old man at that point.

david starling

There is even an interview online where Jung says to his interviewer how steeped into the occult he was. He seemed to have no shame in admitting that, but then he was an old man at that point.

Freud broke it off with Jung because of Jung's involvement in occult studies, and his use of it in tandem with the science of Psychology.

conspiracy theorist

Freud broke it off with Jung because of Jung's involvement in occult studies, and his use of it in tandem with the science of Psychology.

I've never focused my attention on why they split, but was it truly only for the reason that Jung was using occult knowledge in his professional practice. My perception of the break is that there was more to it than that. Got something that I can look at?

Funny thing about Freud and occultism is that there is a theory out there that Freud got his psycho-therapeutic ideas from the Jewish Mystical tradition. The researcher posited that Freud's mammoth achievement of single-handedly creating an entire new branch of study is only a misleading image, and that his psychoanalytic theories shares a lot in common with kabbalistic methodology and teachings. It would also serve Freud to conceal the origins of his theory, knowing the time period that he was operating in, and the researcher highlighted how Freud was an exponent of using subterfuge to hide deeper meanings and allusions in his writing, with direct quotes of Freud's reasons on its advantages.

Sigmund Freud and the Jewish Mystical Tradition

david starling

I've never focused my attention on why they split, but was it truly only for the reason that Jung was using occult knowledge in his professional practice. My perception of the break is that there was more to it than that. Got something that I can look at?

Funny thing about Freud and occultism is that there is a theory out there that Freud got his psycho-therapeutic ideas from the Jewish Mystical tradition. The researcher posited that Freud's mammoth achievement of single-handedly creating an entire new branch of study is only a misleading image, and that his psychoanalytic theories shares a lot in common with kabbalistic methodology and teachings. It would also serve Freud to conceal the origins of his theory, knowing the time period that he was operating in, and the researcher highlighted how Freud was an exponent of using subterfuge to hide deeper meanings and allusions in his writing, with direct quotes of Freud's reasons on its advantages.

Sigmund Freud and the Jewish Mystical Tradition

Interesting. In that case, it would have been Jung acknowledging his use of occult studies regarding psychology--not secretive enough for Freud.
Jung put the Aquarian Age on the map, secularized it, and declared it was about the collective unconscious becoming revealed in the collective consciousness.

david starling

Freud had a Scorpio Ascendant opposite Sun in Taurus. In tarot, a popular name for the card linked to Taurus is the "Hierophant", as Keeper of Sacred Mysteries. Scorpio is somewhat secretive as well, especially compared to Aquarius and Sagittarius.
In contrast, Jung had an Aqua Ascendant, and Mars in Sagittarius, which suggests a willingness to reveal, rather than conceal, sacred knowledge.

Gemini888

And not because they disagreed about their philosophy? I always thought Freud's theory was too negative and fatalistic for Jung.

Oh well. Guess I saw too much mainstream media then :sideways:

Ukpoohbear

Saw this following quote in a book about Marilyn Monroe I’m currently reading, which I think is actually very inspiring for everybody but CT was the most curious about ‘eminence.’

“The most recent writers on genius, creativity’s greatest manifestation, agree that it can appear at any point in the life cycle, not just in childhood. They reject the nineteenth-century romantic belief that it exists only in a small set of heroic people. They find three factors key to what they describe as a general phenomenon. First is a grandiose and mystical sense of the world, what Einstein called ‘cosmic religiosity.’ Such an elevated mood can appear in the hypomanic stage of the up-down cycle of someone with a bipolar disorder, as depression lifts and elation appears. The second element of genius is an ability to concentrate obsessively on a goal and to strive for perfection in reaching it. The third element is a resonance to one’s historical era, being in sync with current ideals, living when one’s gift or invention can be appreciated.”

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I have some of this criteria but not in a large dose, like a grandiose sense of the world and I suppose a current ideal would be the spiritual phenomenon and I know the feeling of elation after depression, but again, not in a large dose. But where I mostly differ is I don’t have the ability to concentrate obsessively on a goal, rather I will think obsessively about something but refrain from becoming structured and therefore I’m not a perfectionist at all and prefer to dip in and out within the flows of my mind.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Marilyns Monroes South node in 6th house and her lowest planet at the bottom of the chart, Saturn in 4th, helped give her a huge amount of this perfectionist tendency, even within her bipolar disorder (undiagnosed and misunderstood in the 50s). And of course, after WW2, she had the ideal pin-up style voluptuous body of a woman with the friendliness and hopefulness of a child-like face, just what the men needed after war. Her depression lifted and elation came out on camera, like a duck to water, as befits a Neptune in 1st, she was essentially a talented model. On a larger societal scale, she was fiercely independent and also broke out of the confines of the 1950s ideal, also giving her a relevance that was before her time and caused her to become a symbol of the changing times.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Her independence wasn’t new to her or didn’t appear suddenly in her, her mum and grandmother were both divorcees at a time when it was severely frowned upon and the only criteria to divorce was abuse, which they used to their advantage and exaggerated in order to gain their freedom, so Marilyn Monroe just happened to naturally fit lots of criteria to have her rise to the top, just like how the universe was created through an eternal motion of trial and error until magic happened and something came out of nothing.

Cap

Saw this following quote in a book about Marilyn Monroe I’m currently reading, which I think is actually very inspiring for everybody but CT was the most curious about ‘eminence.’

“The most recent writers on genius, creativity’s greatest manifestation, agree that it can appear at any point in the life cycle, not just in childhood. They reject the nineteenth-century romantic belief that it exists only in a small set of heroic people. They find three factors key to what they describe as a general phenomenon. First is a grandiose and mystical sense of the world, what Einstein called ‘cosmic religiosity.’ Such an elevated mood can appear in the hypomanic stage of the up-down cycle of someone with a bipolar disorder, as depression lifts and elation appears. The second element of genius is an ability to concentrate obsessively on a goal and to strive for perfection in reaching it. The third element is a resonance to one’s historical era, being in sync with current ideals, living when one’s gift or invention can be appreciated.”

Tesla certainly didn't fit the 3rd criteria. He was centuries ahead of his historical era and he was so disappointed with humanity's current ideals (greed, selfishness, material possessions) that he spent the last 40 years of his life feeding pigeons.

Ukpoohbear

Tesla certainly didn't fit the 3rd criteria. He was centuries ahead of his historical era and he was so disappointed with humanity's current ideals (greed, selfishness, material possessions) that he spent the last 40 years of his life feeding pigeons.

Tesla being ahead of his time makes sense that he didn’t gain huge success during his lifetime then, although I do agree the quote I posted doesn’t account for those ahead of their time by decades. Tesla is more underground and a symbol of how greed, selfishness, capitalism can destroy genuine talent, as well as his inventions. It’s like a war between earthly greed and cosmic talent as much as his inventions.