Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 10-12-2014, 03:25 PM

Afflicted Mars and Career

Hi Everyone!

I was just reading the posts to the thread "Midheaven in Scorpio and your career", and I came across some posts suggesting that with Midheaven in Scorpio, you should pay attention to the placement and aspects of Mars in your chart, not just Pluto. Is opinion split on this? Mars is apex in a nasty Yod on my chart. I've been told there is no "outlet" for Mars' energy in my chart, except perhaps my Moon. Could this explain poor luck with jobs? I have a job now in customer service. I love people, so it works for me for now. I certainly don't see it as a career, though! I'm going to school for computer information systems. I am thinking of changing majors to Criminal Justice. I'm not doing good in my math class, mostly because I have too much going on. At some point in time I subconsciously decided life is dull without having a dozen things going on at once. Getting back to my question, though.... Could my afflicted, stifled Mars block success in a career? I will post one chart with natal and transits. Like I said earlier, someone had told me that the only outlet for that Mars energy appears to be my Moon, but that is not making sense to me. Maybe art is my pathway out and destined career since Moon is in 5th house?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nowastro_245gw_01_liz_20141012_55303_26461.jpg (93.1 KB, 32 views)

Unread 10-12-2014, 07:10 PM

Re: Afflicted Mars and Career

Hi. Yes. lots of people have these yods involving the Neptune Pluto sextile, but you have Saturn and Chiron in there too, and with Mars in one of its traditional signs of detriment. And as you say, because Mars is a ruler of the mc, issues around your use of the Mars function will influence how you experience the way you identify, approach and fulfil your role(s) in the wider world.

It does look like the chart of someone who probably has more work to do around the Mars function than around the other personal planet functions. It might be useful for you to think about how Mars works for you in various areas of life. As any compulsiveness in the way you express (or inhibit expression of) your Mars comes to light, you will understand how and when to move forward when the time is right, and how not to feel despondent while waiting for these times.

The Sun (an important indicator of one's sense of purpose in life) is also involved with Chiron and is also in the 4th house. It is likely that in order to find true fulfilment in your vocation, you will need to deal with 4th house matters - issues around the Sun Mars Chiron conjunction in Taurus in the 4th. How do you feel that this part of your chart has constellated in your life up until now?

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
Unread 10-12-2014, 08:29 PM

Hi, Miquar. With Mars in this position will it exasperate that Mars' energy? When I think of Mars' energy, aggressive and compulsive behavior comes to mind. I have learned to not be compulsive (I used to rush into things without thinking), I give a big decision a few days before I commit. This could be due to Saturn opposing my Sun right now, too. I have become more ambitious and strong willed with time. I have no idea how Mars in this position would relate to my home, though. I have had some family issues but nothing major in a long time. I have always been heavily into the arts, and I also connect well with others. In personal relationships, I have learned to overcome the passive aggressiveness I used to experience. It has been hard to find a job, but in this economy I think most people find it hard, regardless of their natal chart. Lately, I have had a strong feeling that I am at a crossroads in life. One decision could make or break me. Progressed moon is conjunct my natal Vertex so I think that may be effecting me too. With Mars in the 4th house in relation to my MC, would that make me attracted to antiquities and history? I was always obsessed with archaeology and almost went to school for it. Too bad it's a career that does not pay.
Unread 10-13-2014, 07:35 PM

Hi. Yes, this is a Mars that could easily feel exasperated. Passive aggressive behaviour could have been learned from early caregivers in this case possibly your father in particular (Sun and 4th house). Sun Mars Chiron in Taurus in the 4th suggests a father who values security and wealth, but who feels that he has been dealt a bad hand by life and cannot recover from that.

The notion that one decision could make or break you is founded on a collection of assumptions about what life is all about, what it means to be a human being and how life will treat the particular human being that is 'you'. It would be worth you unpacking these assumptions (which are partly inherited - see last paragraph).

Taurus needs to have a broad understanding of what wealth is in order to find true happiness. 4th house Suns need to take care to not identify too closely with the values (and fears) that characterise the family of origin.
Unread 11-20-2014, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquar View Post
Hi. Yes, this is a Mars that could easily feel exasperated. Passive aggressive behaviour could have been learned from early caregivers in this case possibly your father in particular (Sun and 4th house). Sun Mars Chiron in Taurus in the 4th suggests a father who values security and wealth, but who feels that he has been dealt a bad hand by life and cannot recover from that.

The notion that one decision could make or break you is founded on a collection of assumptions about what life is all about, what it means to be a human being and how life will treat the particular human being that is 'you'. It would be worth you unpacking these assumptions (which are partly inherited - see last paragraph).

Taurus needs to have a broad understanding of what wealth is in order to find true happiness. 4th house Suns need to take care to not identify too closely with the values (and fears) that characterise the family of origin.
Hello Miquar,

My father left my sister and I when we were little, so really no father to speak of. Our mother was abused when she was a child and never really seemed to get past it. I don't blame her for mistakes she made as a parent. I know there is no such thing as a perfect parent, and her childhood would have been difficult to recover from. I felt like she was disappointed that I was so independant. She was always closer to my sister. In fact, my younger sister is going on 29 years old and never left home. I think she liked that she had more control over her. Family has caused me much grief in times past. Now that I have distanced myself from them, I feel free at last.
Unread 11-20-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminimoon83 View Post

Hi Everyone!

I was just reading the posts to the thread "Midheaven in Scorpio and your career",
and I came across some posts suggesting that with Midheaven in Scorpio,
you should pay attention to the placement and aspects of Mars in your chart, not just Pluto.
Is opinion split on this?

Mars is apex in a nasty Yod on my chart. I've been told there is no "outlet" for Mars' energy in my chart, except perhaps my Moon. Could this explain poor luck with jobs? I have a job now in customer service. I love people, so it works for me for now. I certainly don't see it as a career, though! I'm going to school for computer information systems. I am thinking of changing majors to Criminal Justice. I'm not doing good in my math class, mostly because I have too much going on. At some point in time I subconsciously decided life is dull without having a dozen things going on at once.

Getting back to my question, though.... Could my afflicted, stifled Mars block success in a career? I will post one chart with natal and transits.

Like I said earlier, someone had told me that the only outlet for that Mars energy appears to be my Moon, but that is not making sense to me. Maybe art is my pathway out and destined career since Moon is in 5th house?
There is a method to discern an individual's PRIMARY MOTIVATION
this is useful because if an individual is not fulfilling their PRIMARY MOTIVATION
then various problems occur

The Elemental Quality of the Ascendant indicates the type of PRIMARY MOTIVATION of the individual

since CAPRICORN Ascendant SIGN is EARTH ELEMENT
then your PRIMARY MOTIVATION is a strong need for PHYSICAL SECURITY
which you seek to fulfil via SATURN, domicile ruler of CAPRICORN
as well as MARS, exalted ruler of CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN, domicile ruler is SATURN
Exalted ruler is MARS is in DETRIMENT in Venus SIGN Taurus
TAURUS is Venus home territory
and natal VENUS is located in Mars SIGN OF FALL
and
LIBRA is the Tenth SIGN from your Ascendant and so is linked to career
SATURN is in the same SIGN as your MC

all of these factors clearly appear to be affecting your career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnisphericus View Post
The type of Delineation I'm giving here is a mix of medieval techniques with those of the Hellenistic authors.
Robert Zoller played great role in my traditional astrology education and this is obvious for those who are familiar with his work.
I need to mention that even though Zoller was initially very fond on Arabia authors, his basic delineation techniques are taken from the early reneissance French astrologer Morin. Zoller studied with Zoltan Mason who introduced Morin and his basic natal delineation to Zoller. Zoltan was also one of the first translators of Morin.

Here are some tips for delineating the chart in this manner.

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.
This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Zoller gives the example of his own chart where he has Combusted Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th. He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Zoller gives example from his own chart.
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited from Mars in 11th: Wisdom coming from conflicts.

3. The delineation tells you the what. The
predictive techniques tell you the when.

4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant is showing the type of Primary Motivation of the native.
Fire goes for freedom of action and power.
Air goes for freedom of expression and movement.
The Water signs need emotional security
Earth signs need physical security.

The person with masculine Ascendant (or majority of planets in masculine signs) speaks in active terms: "I did this to that person".
The person with feminine sign on Ascendant or majority planets in feminine signs, speaks in passive terms: "This happened to me".

The Feminine signs seek advice because they need second hand in their decisions, in fact they want someone else to make the decision for them.
Masculine signs seek advice because they have many options so they are not sure which option is better.

Cardinal signs are most active. Cardinal water and earth (Cancer and Capricorn) are working great amount of actions but in circumstances and environment structured already by someone else.
Libra and Aries (Cardinal masculine) are working great in any kind of circumstances.

Fixed signs are centripetal, they need center. They are very successful in Acquisations.
Taurus hoards money.
Leo hoards glory and honor.
Scorpio hoards the hidden things, hidden motivations of other people, seek energy and vitality.
Aquarius hoards Knowledge.

Mutable signs vacillate between the two: cardinal and fixed.

5. Examine the planets which most closely aspects the Ascendant. These planets add to the whole Primary Motivation thing.

Planets aspecting the Ascendant represent powers the native can use in the world.

The aspecting planet's local determination will be added to the Primary
Motivation.
(Venus in 5th will add love for pleasure and entertainment to the native's Primary Motivation).

The aspect between the aspecting planet and the Ascendant tells you how the being of the planet and its local determination are linked.

6. The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position tells you where (what area of life) the native will seek to realize his/her Primary Motivation.

Look also at all 5 dignity rulers in the place of the ASC. The Almuten and Exalted ruler are lamost as significant as the domicile ruler (sometimes even more).

The Ruler of the Ascendant (as well as the other rulers) by its nature and zodiacal state shows the methods the native will use and the success or failure of the drive.

This is great quote by Zoller:
Quote:
"This little trick is of great practical value. By means of it, we may understand what the native wants. All other wants and desires are negotiable, but not the Primary Motivation. If you interfere with another person's ability to realize their Primary Motivation, they are gone."

Lets assume that a person has Cancer on the Ascendant,
The primary motivation of this person is the Need for Emotional Security.
The ruler/s of the Ascendant and their zodiacal and local state will determine How would this be achieved.

Lets assume Moon on IC in Libra Peregrine.
Jupiter in 6th (but 7th sign!) in Capricorn.
Venus in Sag in 6th - Peregrine.
Mars in Scorpio in 4th (but 5th sign!)
Saturn (term ruler) is in 5th Scorpio Peregrine.

We can see that Moon is strong by accident (being on angle), so we can judge first from there.
The need for Emotional Security this person would seek in the home, in the place of the father. The father would be the means through which this person would try to achieve the Emotional Security.
Jupiter - the exalted ruler is weak by being cadent, Venus too. They can't produce much in giving the emotional security this person seeks.
Jupiter by universal means suggest that the native would seek wisdom, religion (and the person actually did!) but by being cadent and in fall, it can't productively give what it promise.
Mars is in 4/5th and is strong by zodiacal state, but is out of sect malefic.
It would try to win competitions, but also with Saturn in 5th will give great deal of creativity. Mars rules the 10th - creativity and looking for career, would also give some amount of emotional security for this person. But by being square with Sun in 7th it means that it will have opposition from authorities and other people in general.

The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously and often consciously seek for. Once that motivation is broken or someone interrupt it, we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
astralrabbit (12-23-2014), geminimoon83 (11-24-2014)
Unread 11-20-2014, 09:41 PM

Try to think more constructively. The modern ruler Pluto has that Saturn conjunction typical of you 1983 babies, but it is well-aspected in the 9th.

Yods are not inherently nasty! They are part of a configuration involving a sextile, which means that the base planets work well together. Then Mars trines your ascendant and conjuncts your AC, giving you an enviable opportunity to make your career work for the "real you."

The only potential hardship there appears to be Chiron, Dr. Ouch. Do you feel you've turned the corner towards its ability to confer compassion and wisdom?

Your OP sounds a lot like a restless Gemini moon opposite Neptune. Do you typically look for the Next Best Thing, only to be disappointed when reality looks far more harsh and uninteresting than your happy dreams?

But wait, there's more.... Your moon trines Pluto, so possibly you could turn that Jack of All Trades moon into a career asset.

With your loaded 4th house and sun-rising sign in earth signs, have you thought about a career dealing with housing or real estate? This could be selling real estate, or it could be something in the construction industry, like home renovations. Pluto, after all, has an old-into-new quality to it.

If you love history and antiquities, hopefully you live in a place with old homes, loaded with history, just waiting to be brought back to a new life. Very Plutonian.

Mars conjunct sun should give you energy to burn for whatever is next in your life. The sun, Chiron, and even Mercury are great outlets for your Mars. I don't know where the moon enters into it.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 11-20-2014 at 09:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
geminimoon83 (11-24-2014)
Unread 11-24-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Try to think more constructively. The modern ruler Pluto has that Saturn conjunction typical of you 1983 babies, but it is well-aspected in the 9th.

Yods are not inherently nasty! They are part of a configuration involving a sextile, which means that the base planets work well together. Then Mars trines your ascendant and conjuncts your AC, giving you an enviable opportunity to make your career work for the "real you."

The only potential hardship there appears to be Chiron, Dr. Ouch. Do you feel you've turned the corner towards its ability to confer compassion and wisdom?

Your OP sounds a lot like a restless Gemini moon opposite Neptune. Do you typically look for the Next Best Thing, only to be disappointed when reality looks far more harsh and uninteresting than your happy dreams?

But wait, there's more.... Your moon trines Pluto, so possibly you could turn that Jack of All Trades moon into a career asset.

With your loaded 4th house and sun-rising sign in earth signs, have you thought about a career dealing with housing or real estate? This could be selling real estate, or it could be something in the construction industry, like home renovations. Pluto, after all, has an old-into-new quality to it.

If you love history and antiquities, hopefully you live in a place with old homes, loaded with history, just waiting to be brought back to a new life. Very Plutonian.

Mars conjunct sun should give you energy to burn for whatever is next in your life. The sun, Chiron, and even Mercury are great outlets for your Mars. I don't know where the moon enters into it.
Great wisdom and very helpful posts, Waybread, Miquar, and Jupiterasc! Thanks. :-) I am very interested in real estate but especially older homes! It is my dream to find an antebellum house and fix it up. I am also interested in paranormal activity, positive/negative energies, and am nearly obsessed with history and genealogy. I am studying computer information systems in school right now so will see where I go with it. Like many others spending so much time and money on college, I am nervous that my career will not pay, or I will not find a job. Taking huge risks scare me a bit. The Gemini moon has been horribly restless in the past, but I am a lot more settled now. Its Opposition with Neptune made me quite dreamy and insecure in past relationships. I do notice "bad luck" with jobs, but perhaps this comes from lack of experience. I usually take on way too much as well. As for Chiron, I have learned the hard way that to find true peace is to let go of past wrongs and nurture others. It is not easy to do this but a necessity for happiness.
Not long ago, I reconnected with my ex and we are getting married. We had spent 6 months away from each other. We both learned a lot from our mistakes and worked hard to improve our relationship. (Composite Saturn in 7th house.) After time apart he says I am like a new person. A little cooler, and detached perhaps, but no longer a nervous wreck. We both have learned to steady our Gemini moons and trust me, it has not been easy. lol I think education has helped control any negative aspects in my yod and that restless moon. I still think Saturn has much to teach me and makes things difficult, but I am slowly learning to take things in stride.
It has been my experience that transits and progressions can signal change and opportunities, but it is our choice in what direction we choose to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to geminimoon83 For This Useful Post:
waybread (11-24-2014)
Unread 11-24-2014, 07:08 PM

With Scorpio governing the MC, it's energy is transferred to the 9th H since Pluto's rulership activates that area for you. Pluto joined with Saturn in the 9 H can promote success and achievement, with the proper training and higher education as part of your requirements.

The Scorpio energy at the peak of the chart points to the potential careers that can have a deep impact on others; psychology, research, medicine, science in which case the Pluto/Saturn conjunct brings the ability to be strategic as well as organized in determining what career avenue might suit you. Your mention of Criminal Justice would also be included in this category, and that might be worth investigating as an option, as would Social Justice and working for those who have been victimized.
The 9th H also relates to higher education that would be required in such a specialized choice of career options. Learning to quell your restless Moon is something to be attended to as well.

Yes the aspects to Mars can definitely serve as blockages which can serve to thwart your motivations and ambitions. That then becomes a matter of learning to control your actions and plan things out to reign in any impulsiveness.

I agree that the Yod is not necessarily negative or destructive in nature, as mentioned. Since it involves your Mars, you are needing to become more attentive and aware of how your own inner dilemmas contribute to negative experiences in the outer world. It's rulership over the 3rd H is also about using a strong mind to figure out your realistic options. The inconjunct aspects relate to inner disharmony which frequently translates into frustration and tension in the outer world. Once you become aware of what is blocking you from the level of the psyche, you can then use the positive interaction of the sextile. Be reminded that it is often referred to as the Finger of God, pointing directly to what areas of your life you have to particularly pay attention to.
geminimoon83 (12-04-2014)
Unread 11-27-2014, 04:18 PM

Hi Geminimoon83!

My apportation is maybe not really usefull for you, but I'll tell you my own experience.

I was born just three days before you, and have that annoying yod with mars-chiron on the apex (and also have in coomon with you all the rest of positions, but the moon, which was in Taurus cunjunct the Sun). The intringuing thing is that such apex is only 2 degrees apart from Mid Heaven!! So the need to give a way out for that assertive martian energy is blocked also in me, also had (rather, I'm having) to deal with passive aggressive behaviours and repression of my anger. I just find Midheaven there on top makes it even more visible for the people, and more readily hampers my ambitions and career. In my case, I'm really scared of following my own path, as a very internalized sense of auto-castration. All the people around me seem to be so aware of my abilities and skills but me, I just know they are there, but I'm completely unable to trully "believe" they are.

Saturn is right now transiting the anti-apex, and I'm experiencing it as circumstances push me to move forward in the direction of scaling and promote in my job, almost in a compulsory way, while I'm terribly scared of showing myself to my proffesional environment, to break the shell, and at the same time things regarding my home and intimacy are pushing me to be more autonomous and take charge of myself.... That's the sense I fell this transit is acting on my YOd right now. HOpe it can help you reflect about your particular case...

Best luck for you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ailceimic For This Useful Post:
geminimoon83 (12-04-2014)
Unread 12-04-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailceimic View Post
Hi Geminimoon83!

My apportation is maybe not really usefull for you, but I'll tell you my own experience.

I was born just three days before you, and have that annoying yod with mars-chiron on the apex (and also have in coomon with you all the rest of positions, but the moon, which was in Taurus cunjunct the Sun). The intringuing thing is that such apex is only 2 degrees apart from Mid Heaven!! So the need to give a way out for that assertive martian energy is blocked also in me, also had (rather, I'm having) to deal with passive aggressive behaviours and repression of my anger. I just find Midheaven there on top makes it even more visible for the people, and more readily hampers my ambitions and career. In my case, I'm really scared of following my own path, as a very internalized sense of auto-castration. All the people around me seem to be so aware of my abilities and skills but me, I just know they are there, but I'm completely unable to trully "believe" they are.

Saturn is right now transiting the anti-apex, and I'm experiencing it as circumstances push me to move forward in the direction of scaling and promote in my job, almost in a compulsory way, while I'm terribly scared of showing myself to my proffesional environment, to break the shell, and at the same time things regarding my home and intimacy are pushing me to be more autonomous and take charge of myself.... That's the sense I fell this transit is acting on my YOd right now. HOpe it can help you reflect about your particular case...

Best luck for you!!
Thank you for this, Ailceimic! It is interesting: Saturn opposite my crowded Taurus 4th house began in March. It was a very difficult time up until now. Now it is supposedly inflicting its brutal lessons on my natal Mars, but to be honest, I no longer really feel it. As usual I took on way too much work and school starting in August. I was so busy I didn't have time to eat. My doctor said my iron levels were so low I was operating on "half a tank". lol I am good now though. I really had to cut back on the work load. You mention passive-aggressiveness. That was truly my inner demon up until recently. I tend to think location of Venus and moon can also determine this behavior. The good thing is we Taureans are usually honest people and others love this about us. We have the willpower to overcome so much, including passive aggressive behaviors. I make a point of getting out any negative feelings now, through conversation with others. I express how I feel. Learning to not lean so much on others opinions of my life has helped too. I used to be way oversensitive and read into to much. Saturn has toughened me up in good ways.
Getting back to Mars being afflicted by this lovely Saturn transit: I read that in a woman's chart it can affect a woman's relationship with men. I sort of went through this over the summer. However, my soon to be husband and I were brought back together so much stronger than before, so all is well that ends well.
I have noticed that I do have less energy lately and am struggling with body image . And depression. Those are the only negatives I am now noticing from this transit. It sounds like you are being more affected in your career sector now. That could actually be a good thing. Sometimes Taureans, myself included, resist change, and such a transit can offer us that extra push. Believe in yourself. You are lucky to be surrounded by those who love you and see your true self and your talents.
I wish you good luck and hope you experience much success!
Unread 12-04-2014, 03:39 PM

Kimbermoon,

Thank you!You are right. Such a Yod isn't always easy, but it is like something is pointing towards an area in life that needs healing or lessons learned. I think it is a matter of taking things one day at a time. I no longer experience the inner tension that I once had, and have learned (the hard way) to not take on too much. I am depressed but mostly due to postpartum depression. I did notice that when I was in a bad mood, everything went wrong and also led to tensions with others, no matter how well I tried to "hide" what was bothering me.
I love going to school, but due to family obligations, am struggling to manage time for it right now. I am switching my career path over to Criminal Justice with a minor in psychology. I'm pretty excited about it. My goal is to work in helping women and children escape human trafficking. Someday with organizational help perhaps I can be a part of starting a safe haven community for such abused people where they can have a safe environment to heal. I also still work with art and design, although my natal chart doesn't show exceptional artistic achievement. I just can't part with it.
Since Pluto and Saturn play such a huge part in my chart and in the Yod, I am curious what the next 5 years will offer. Pluto and Saturn will conjunct my Ascendant and trine my Taurus stellium. Fun times. Truthfully, any transits must be seen as potential opportunities only. I strongly believe as many others here do that we all must choose our own fate. Afflicted Mars may throw a monkey wrench into things but surely all is not lost. I hope.
Unread 12-05-2014, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

I was just reading the posts to the thread "Midheaven in Scorpio and your career", and I came across some posts suggesting that with Midheaven in Scorpio, you should pay attention to the placement and aspects of Mars in your chart, not just Pluto. Is opinion split on this? Mars is apex in a nasty Yod on my chart. I've been told there is no "outlet" for Mars' energy in my chart, except perhaps my Moon. Could this explain poor luck with jobs? I have a job now in customer service. I love people, so it works for me for now. I certainly don't see it as a career, though! I'm going to school for computer information systems. I am thinking of changing majors to Criminal Justice. I'm not doing good in my math class, mostly because I have too much going on. At some point in time I subconsciously decided life is dull without having a dozen things going on at once. Getting back to my question, though.... Could my afflicted, stifled Mars block success in a career? I will post one chart with natal and transits. Like I said earlier, someone had told me that the only outlet for that Mars energy appears to be my Moon, but that is not making sense to me. Maybe art is my pathway out and destined career since Moon is in 5th house?
Fourth house is not good placement for Mars. Most of the cases, whenever it expresses, you find troubles in home. But look in totality-

1. Mars is part of stellium. This group is most powerful in chart, whether it does good or bad.

2. Due to quincunx aspect with Saturn, You need to develop skills to make Mars working. This ties you to learning forever mode.

3. Due to other quincunx aspect with Neptune, you need to intuitively find solution.

Intuition, learning and efforts will make you successful in your endeavors. Since Taurus is in focus, Banking, Financing, Insurance, Real State, etc. will be better career.

How is your Tuesdays?. If you find it to be comparatively not good, observe half a day fast. If you feel it dull, add some Mars ruled spices such as chillies/peppers to your food.

Since intuition has to do a lot with your 10th lord, you should spend some time to meditate. That will improve intuition.
Unread 12-05-2014, 02:39 AM

Your chart is complicated. Looking at Palm could provide some more useful inputs. You can use this forum: http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com

Or alternatively you can post here and let me know. I am in favor of using this forum.

Good luck.

Last edited by dhundhun; 12-05-2014 at 02:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhundhun For This Useful Post:
geminimoon83 (12-06-2014)
Unread 12-06-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhundhun View Post
Your chart is complicated. Looking at Palm could provide some more useful inputs. You can use this forum: http://www.modernhandreadingforum.com

Or alternatively you can post here and let me know. I am in favor of using this forum.

Good luck.
Hi Dhundhun. I followed the link you gave me and posted there. Someone said the fate line is long. I'm not completely sure what the means other than being strong-willed.
I agree, Mars in the 4th house has led to much strife in my home, especially growing up. Now I really don't have a stable family life right now. I am getting married in a few months and will have one then. The passive-aggressive tendencies took much effort to work through.
I don't really see any day of the week as particularly bad, but Tuesdays have always been a bit drab. I used to say that Tuesday I was guaranteed to have a bad day, but Thursday and Fridays were great.
Unread 12-06-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Hi Dhundhun. I followed the link you gave me and posted there. Someone said the fate line is long. I'm not completely sure what the means other than being strong-willed.
What is URL of your post? I think, you are Liz31.

There are two fate lines. One starts from base and becomes weak at 21-23 years of age. After that it throws branch towards Sun mount. This is what your YOD is. I think, now the influence of YOD is less, although it will continue to add to your success.

The next fate line is starting from mount of Moon and reaches to Mount of Saturn. It is long line, indicating that fact that you won't retire in life. For this line to be productive, you need to depend on others - e.g. friend. They will bring opportunities. So you should be focusing more on Moon/NorthNode/Saturn/Pluto stuff - they are the key players in your chart for career.

You have strong Mars line but Girdle of Venus. So despite you are internally strong, you have fluctuating relationship, nervousness and inconsistencies. You need to work on Venus front, develop skills and confidence. The girdle of venus adds sensuality with flickering mind and detrimental to success.

Last edited by dhundhun; 12-06-2014 at 03:00 AM.
Unread 12-11-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
What is URL of your post? I think, you are Liz31.

There are two fate lines. One starts from base and becomes weak at 21-23 years of age. After that it throws branch towards Sun mount. This is what your YOD is. I think, now the influence of YOD is less, although it will continue to add to your success.

The next fate line is starting from mount of Moon and reaches to Mount of Saturn. It is long line, indicating that fact that you won't retire in life. For this line to be productive, you need to depend on others - e.g. friend. They will bring opportunities. So you should be focusing more on Moon/NorthNode/Saturn/Pluto stuff - they are the key players in your chart for career.

You have strong Mars line but Girdle of Venus. So despite you are internally strong, you have fluctuating relationship, nervousness and inconsistencies. You need to work on Venus front, develop skills and confidence. The girdle of venus adds sensuality with flickering mind and detrimental to success.
Hello Dhundhun,

Yes, you had the correct post. Thank you for your advice. I am still wondering about correct house system as this changes the planets' positions on my chart. Using whole house or equal, my Moon/NN conjunction would then be in my 6th house and Saturn/Pluto in the 10th.
With Placidus, the Moon is in the 5th and Saturn/Pluto in the 9th.
I feel that a lot of my YOD related issues were family and relationship oriented. It has been hard with inner turmoil and a naturally inconsistent manner in life, but I think I have slowly corrected these inner issues. Gemini moon is the most difficult placement for me. I am interested in everything so jump from one thing to the next. I still need more focus. I want a stable career, but also I want to serve and help others. I have had Saturn issues since around 2012 and things haven't let up since. I hope that just through experiencing different things I will find my niche in life. :-) As for friends, I do not have many left. It has been difficult lately for me to get out and do things so I can meet people. I have Uranus/Jupiter conjunction in the 11th house (Sagittarius) and Neptune on the 12th cusp. Friendships and being part of organizations is very important to me. I hope that I can find myself again once my daughter is a bit older.
Unread 12-12-2014, 03:43 PM

I'll use Moon and NN conjunction are in 6th house. Saturn and Pluto are in the 9th.
Unread 12-22-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I'll use Moon and NN conjunction are in 6th house. Saturn and Pluto are in the 9th.
Moon in 6th house tends to inhibit growth in job doesn't it?
Unread 12-22-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Moon in 6th house tends to inhibit growth in job doesn't it?
You can confirm it by spending some money. Use a pearl ring set in silver in right hand little finger. The pearl should be "TOUCHING" skin. Such ring can be made by Indian Jewelers. Wear it when Moon is rising in phase.

Confirmation will be in terms of emotional happiness, better relationship at work place, etc.
Unread 12-23-2014, 01:00 PM

I will have to see if I can find one. North Node in 6th house would not be the best placement either, I guess.
Unread 12-23-2014, 01:53 PM

I've been working with whole sign houses recently based on some articles I saw from Rob Hand and from trying them out. They seem to work in most cases. If done with your chart, your 10th cusp would be Libra with the ruler Venus. Your story supports this as does your interest in Criminal Justice with Saturn/Pluto moving to 10. The Scorpio MC would still be a factor but it is not the only one. Also, the apex of your Yod trines your ascendant which can act as an outlet.

Book a Reading

Last edited by Kite; 12-23-2014 at 01:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kite For This Useful Post:
geminimoon83 (01-13-2015)
Unread 01-13-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite View Post
I've been working with whole sign houses recently based on some articles I saw from Rob Hand and from trying them out. They seem to work in most cases. If done with your chart, your 10th cusp would be Libra with the ruler Venus. Your story supports this as does your interest in Criminal Justice with Saturn/Pluto moving to 10. The Scorpio MC would still be a factor but it is not the only one. Also, the apex of your Yod trines your ascendant which can act as an outlet.
I will try using whole house system from now on. My only work has been creative so I guess that is supported by ruler of the 10th house as Venus. I am studying Criminal Justice in school, so it will be a while yet until I see how well my career in that goes. I am enjoying it though. Saturn opposite Mars has given me plenty of energy to work toward goals.

Tags
afflicted, career, mars