Does Venus Square Ascendant make a person feel unworthy/ugly?

gen6k

i wrote some notes a while ago on the difference between mechanical evolution for example protein binding versus ideological evolution and how some of the rules are different.

or how about the worth of genetic material. modified de dicto versus de re.

if a person says a particular thing, how does it modify their phenotype. does attraction even have anything to do with words, or is that type of communication vestigial to the precluding situation while at the same time being a routing point in animals.
how are the "super-ego positionings of culture" in any given situation which are not really solidly there but internalized for its use part of this higher level chain in communication.

well at an ancestrial level it is much easier to see, nests, food, navigation of the enviornment, but it gets lost in the "tribal" sphere of jewlery, mystification, etc.

sometimes i do think that evolution is not up to date in all categories.

and maybe it is still exploited by its richer mental dimensions, its almost like a self-knowledge of the obsolete through mystification.

i dont know if disseminatory layers exist for a reason, but it seems like its there.

its hard to categorize the functions and drives of particular people, their drive towards different segments of this. yet, if the tribal layer, which is just an enhanced primitive layer. is so important, then why doesnt it all culminate towards the same source, ie "the source". it seems like there is a high amount of splitting in species that serve different functions towards the same group goal. specialization, etc.

talking about evolution is pretty stupid. well from our perspective it seems like we are getting it even though we are in it. evolution means evolution evolves. so basically the only thing we can do is put a stick on the floor

at another level, which means that our "metacognition" of itself evolving is an unbound telesis because the segway between the "unconscious pure drive of evolution" and our "conscious understanding of it" is locked in its own self-recursive progression.

well back to the de-dicto question. signfiication could point to realms de re. it could also close in on mystical counter-parts of a species. if we follow this line, genetic material in culture is in a sense "abstract". which means that localization of cross-brain patterning in species is a sub-set of more up to date phenotypization. even though it is located in its "packed", basically unzipped sense in pre-culture lineages.

which is why i think there is still dysfunction between programs, well there is no integrated means. well another facinating part is evolutions "filterization" component of mating rituals. how much of it is real as long as there is cross-patterning of serotonin/oxytocin, etc.

well each decision is modified a thousand times before it is made in a certain order, but never the same order.

oh yeah so my friend is a buddhist, and he follows the eight fold path. or aristotles something about a medium.

so "principially" choosing instead of reacting, or in the case of following a consequential case of reacting badly thus reciprocating the medium. he would say that he would try to balance, inherited traits and post-natal traits. i think im more in to fate, and would react instead despite the niavety. which is in a sense betraying a certain course for "natural selection of the group".

if the "abstract" genetic material has more weight in interdependent enviornments, then post-natal traits are taken as primary in its functions. which is pretty funny if globally racism is a primary function of less interdependant societies.

well i think more and more, the concept of "natural selection of the group" which is of course alienated could be replaced in the second pass of solidification of culture, its exponentiating simulation process, in to the "participant selection of the cloud". which is the de-localization process by over-dependency in the mediums of culture for self-aggregation.

what is racism, most people would say that it is a "small pre-natal" detail that is extrapolated in "abstraction" for the "natural selection of the group" maybe the entire medium of its usage has passed.

i think it was more of the basis itself. closer to enhanced territorialism.

well the main thing that i find funny with the original formulation of evolution in the origin of species is. the original formulation of natural selection itself, and how much this drive has given up. if it really was natural selection, and there was not a lot of randomness in locality. then we would be much further down the road within specialization. plus the "original set" supposively extract from the behavioral patterns of anscestrial species, would of course be lamented in abstraction as something possibly detrimental to participants, defeating the process of it in mid air.

Bossette353

I think that you inner self is very harmonious, but that you feel the stress that you can't show it to the public.
It's like you know you are beautiful, but you don't feel like you have enough approval and appreciation and this could make you doubt sometimes about your beauty, or maybe feel angry about it (aries). It's just an interpretation. You decide if it's right :happy:

I have Venus conjunct Mars(Pisces-3rd) square myAscendant(Sagittarius) & opposite my Midheaven(Libra). I like your take on this. Perhaps for me, this can mean I have a hard time getting my philosophy across in relationships?

Seasoul

I have this aspect, and my feelings of beauty with regards to myself are generally on the *ugly* side. Although, when I do feel good about myself, I feel invincible - there is never an in between - brilliant or repulsive. My tendency toward the repulsive perception of physical self, may be influenced by Saturn on my Ascendant though. And yes, there is a general feeling of being unworthy, and this will undoubtedly affect ones perception of self - physical merely being one aspect of that perception.

I think it's important to note that although we may be able to find aspects that support feelings of ugliness and unworthiness, these perceptions will often be formed very early in life due to environmental factors, so it may be more worthwhile looking for astrological hints at childhood experiences that would result in a negative perception of self.

greybeard

Does Venus Square Ascendant make a person feel unworthy/ugly?

Such a simplistic approach to astrology will never yield results that are either dependable or meaningful.

Your question is essentially one of "self-concept," and there are easily a dozen or more traditional indicators of high-or-low self esteem. Venus square the Ascendant may or may not be one of them, but to attempt to base judgment of a person on one aspect (or other condition) leads to gross error. And such an approach does not take into consideration the whole, or complex, of a given condition. Here, we might ask -- assuming this person "feels ugly", what is the response to that feeling? That question is completely ignored. This person, thinking herself ugly, might withdraw into isolatiion, go to incredible lengths to beautify herself, spend her days criticizing the appearance of evryone around her.... And it is what she does in response to her affliction that matters.

Ebertin wrote a book called The Combination of Stellar Influences, and while that book deals solely with midpoint formations, I think its title is illuminating. A horoscope must be read as a composite whole: all of the influences combine to form the whole...that is, the person. It is the combination of all stellar influences that create the unique individual. These infuences, whatever or whichever they may be, are always multidimensional. A man whose mother abandoned him as a child is quite likely to have a deep distrust of all women, and this will directly affect his relational life, as well as his own "dealings" with the feminine aspects of self. One and the same aspect will indicate all of these things.

Over-simplification leads to a very distorted and shallow astrology, an astrology which is essentially meaningless and of no use to anyone.

Kannon

I'm just wondering how this aspects pans out.Conjunction makes a person beautiful,but how would a square turn out since it's harsh?

The answer is No. Astrological aspects don't 'make us feel' things that are essentially self-worth issues. We each have a starting place with certain tendencies or challenges that can be seen in the birth chart, but the feelings that develop as we mature are patterned more by our thought patterns and behaviors.

About the square of Venus to natal Asc it does not change the nature of Venus = love, beauty, etc. A square aspect places Venus halfway between 'self' (Asc) and 'others' (DC), showing that it enters into 'self's' interactions with 'others' in a more dramatic way than would be otherwise, since the square is an aspect of tension. However, tension does not turn beauty into ugliness. That is a self-worth issue.

JUPITERASC

I'm just wondering how this aspects pans out.Conjunction makes a person beautiful,but how would a square turn out since it's harsh?
That's a variable and dependent on
(1) the location of the planet ruling the ascendant sign
(2) any aspects made by the planet ruling the ascendant sign
(3) the location of the planet ruling the planet that is square the ascendant
as well as other factors such as decan ruler location and sign :smile:

Claire19

Feeling unworthy could be related to venus square ascendant, but overall beauty is not determined by natal chart in contemporary astrology.

Though some astrologers take a more subjective approach and say specific aspects make one more attractive/stand out in the crowd with a strong presence. With Venus aspects this is particularly the case. Even negative aspects to Venus in females or Mars in males can result in increased attractiveness due to the inherent energy in tension aspects. I' read that people with Venus square Mars, for example, happen to be very good looking. Such claims have no place in modern astrology though.

The definition of Venus square Ascendant is projecting the need for a affectionate connections to other people in order for them to appreciate themselves. In this way, the tension of this aspect forms as an unhealthy need to look good and appear to be charming, because the bearer of this aspect thinks other people will not like him/her otherwise. Dysfunctional problems are the result, and women with this aspect can be provocative both in the way they dress up and assert themselves, while men with the same aspect can be superficial and have an aversion to women because they think they are not attractive to them. Both sexes feel constant need of approval until the aspect itself is understood and it's tension transformed into energy. Then the said energy provides one with with a drive to excel in social communications that are warm and affectionate.

Venus conj ASC does not make one more beautiful, it makes one utilize one's own body as a vehicle to convey one's ideals about beauty and harmony. This essentially manifests as a person who cares about his/her appearance (and the way he/she communicates), and not necessarily as some form of universal beauty or handsomeness.
Venus conjunct ascendant is one hallmark for attractiveness but other aspects would have to come into play. They are often very pleasant and agreeable at the least. It is rather all up to genetics and if we come from unattractive parents for instance then it is not likely we are beautiful but these days cosmetic surgery and make up etc can alter all that.

I know a Venus square Mars girl who would parade around in a minuscule tight skirt with no underwear which was patently obvious and she was blonde and sexy. She ultimately had to take her boss to court for sexual harrassment. So the square works in a negative way in that way. Men would comment about how they wanted to ***** her and she had an incident in an elevator once.
So although she wanted to be provocative and sexy, it came at a cost. SHe ultimately found a husband and dressed much demurely but I think missed the attention she got. However a square from Venus to Mars can mean that sexual attraction comes without love or vice versa as well. Depends on where it is and what other aspects influence it.

Last edited:

Claire19

I have Venus conjunct Mars(Pisces-3rd) square myAscendant(Sagittarius) & opposite my Midheaven(Libra). I like your take on this. Perhaps for me, this can mean I have a hard time getting my philosophy across in relationships?
Venus conjunct Mars Pisces in the 3rd?? . Is it in proper aspect to your Sagi ascendant? It has to be within 5 degrees. If it is opposite your midheaven then it would be on the IC, right? So your family relations would be involved and there may be religious or philosophical issues there. You may like to study these subjects as well. In the 3rd it would involve your siblings, neighbours and school mates.

Claire19

The way you express yourself nice pretty, and beautiful can get something artificial.
It is possible for example, that you use too much perfume or hairgel, makeup, etc. or enjoy a lot of sweet candy.
May also indicate a mother or a women in the family environment (Venus in 4th or 10 th) who in your eyes seems to express herself like an artificial Venus.
Could also indicate many women in environment or family.
I know a Venus square ascendant guy who is attractive but lacks appeal because of his quiet personality and lack of finances. From the 10th house as well as the fourth it can indicate financial problems as well. Venus deals with all one to one relationships amongst other things.

VenusInTaurus

Oh boy here we go lol I have this aspect and I've never considered myself an attractive guy. I do get feelings of unworthiness and feel unattractive at times and I do feel that this aspect has a lot to do with it. :sad:

fullmoonlibra

I know a Venus square ascendant guy who is attractive but lacks appeal because of his quiet personality and lack of finances. From the 10th house as well as the fourth it can indicate financial problems as well. Venus deals with all one to one relationships amongst other things.

interesting..

My Venus is in Taurus with not so important aspects (conjunct MC, square AC, wide orb trine Moon, trine POF, quintile Jupiter) and I do have financial issues, but I don't make any problem of it actually. Because have money whenever I need it, I 'm not that money - oriented, rather lusty for knowledge.
Strange for a Venusian :smile:

summer92

I have venus square my Aries ascendant, in 10th but not conjunct the MC, square jupiter and neptune. My mother was very beautiful, she had a striking resemblance to Nephratiti and was asked to model for vogue in the 60's.

My mother never found me beautiful - even though i was her daughter, she complained that my head is too big, that it didn't suit my neck & shoulders. She even tried to camoflague my head when i was a baby by wrapping my body in a large towel to balance the proportions.:crying:

Aw :( That was very cruel of your mother! I'm not sure how the aspects plays out for me,but when people genuinely compliment me,I usually think they're joking or taking the mick out of me.Kind of like these people are mocking me for the way I look,but it's due to a previous bad experience.

Brendan34

I also have this aspect. I have always found myself to be unattractive, to the point where it has gotten in the way of meeting people/ girls. It's odd though because I know I have a lot of beauty inside and am good with people, listening, engaging, and am a compassionate person. I think maybe having this aspect has given me more understanding of people and where they are coming from.

I have a Pisces Venus (26 degrees) which squares my Cancer Ascendant (1 degree). Am also a Pisces Sun.

summer92

I had a look at the celebrities with this aspect - Christina Aguilera,Briggite Bardot and a couple of others.

It might mean insecurity or something like that.2 of my friends have this aspect.They're attractive,but are quite insecure.

My looks have gotten in the way of social activities.I know I'm not hideous,but some days are quite bad.A bad look in the mirror is good enough for me to crawl into my bed and cry lol

Brendan34

I had a look at the celebrities with this aspect - Christina Aguilera,Briggite Bardot and a couple of others.

It might mean insecurity or something like that.2 of my friends have this aspect.They're attractive,but are quite insecure.

My looks have gotten in the way of social activities.I know I'm not hideous,but some days are quite bad.A bad look in the mirror is good enough for me to crawl into my bed and cry lol

Yeah I know what you mean, and how you feel on that. At times, not to sound too dramatic, it can be quite painful though. I know I am not hideous either but for some reason, I doubt I will ever have a high opinion of myself when it comes to physical attractivenes, even if I woke up and looked like Brad Pitt. Though how many people really do? When it is a problem is when it gets in the way of your self-worth. Another point about this aspect is that they say you have a harder time breaking away from home, attachments, and this also rings true for me. On the positive side, it makes you very receptive and good at relating to people.

I found this description: "With Venus in square aspect to your Ascendant you may continually underestimate your worth or value as a person. You may have fallen victim to the idea that your appearance is the only key to your beauty and, whether or not you think you are physically attractive, may never be quite satisfied with the way you look. On a deeper level, you may be dealing with a sense of inadequacy which may stem from a feeling that you are not lovable. Being lovable begins with the way you feel about yourself, and by becoming more accepting and loving toward yourself, you nurture the true essence of love - which resides at the core of your inner self. You may also struggle with the experience of putting yourself at risk or putting forth effort in order to achieve the realization of your desires. You may find that you actually appreciate something more if you attain it through your own efforts than if it were simply given to you."

Someone made a good point about how some of the self worth aspects may be more of a mars/sun thing. My mars squares my sun, and mars and mercury square my ascendant also. My ascendant also has neptune and uranus opposing it. My sun is also squared by uranus and saturn. I have a lot of squares unfortunately haha. On the other hand, my mars conjuncts my saturn and uranus. Does this mean that my life is more of a struggle, or the view toward myself would be harder than others, or those with say, trines? Are there any positives, redeeming qualities, to having a lot of squares in your chart?

This is my chart:
http://www.astrotheme.com/horoscope_chart_sign_ascendant.php

Venus Neptune

Venus squaring the AS doesn't bring ugliness, that's for sure.

I have a friend, she got Venus on the Descendant. She attracts partnership despite her aspects, so houses are important too.

And anyway, Venus squaring or opposing or semisquare or other bad aspects with AS brings masculinity. That 7th houser friend of mine has it, and her face is masculine. All the people I know with Venus square AS makes someone masculine. It's like the opposite from Venus, which was extreme feminine.

Zonark

Venus OPPOSITE ascendant would produce feelings of ugliness. This is not actual ugliness, something that really doesn't exist since beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder but it is a feeling of not having sensuality in one's appearance. Any planet opposite ascendant will produce a feeling of not having that planet in one's appearance, a feeling of its qualities being ABSENT or very DE-emphasised.

Venus SQUARE ascendant would produce feelings of struggle with sensuality in appearance. One may not feel outright ugly or beautiful but just that sensuality is difficult for the native to have in appearance. It is a struggle. The square is an aspect of struggle usually. Like attempting to walk up a flight of stairs, the struggle can be overcome and may not even be that much of a problem but Venus has to go up or down to the ascendant like ascending/descending stairs in order to reach it and this has to be done every time, if the Native wants to bring beauty to the appearance they have to walk down/up to the appearance, if they want more or different kind of sensuality they have to walk back down/up to Venus and back down/up to the ascendant again. It can be tiring but also produce skill like the stairmaster makes your legs strong :lol:

Iced8Ace

I've Venus opposite Ascendant and I'm generally told I'm adorable, or people compliment my style. I do feel awkward in my skin at times however and very self conscious, but I would never go out of my way to call myself ugly and truly believe it. I absolutely agree Zonark, beauty is subjective and the last person you should find ugly, is yourself since the first person you relate to is yourself.

ahimsa

"With Venus in square aspect to your Ascendant you may continually underestimate your worth or value as a person. You may have fallen victim to the idea that your appearance is the only key to your beauty and, whether or not you think you are physically attractive, may never be quite satisfied with the way you look. On a deeper level, you may be dealing with a sense of inadequacy which may stem from a feeling that you are not lovable. Being lovable begins with the way you feel about yourself, and by becoming more accepting and loving toward yourself, you nurture the true essence of love - which resides at the core of your inner self. You may also struggle with the experience of putting yourself at risk or putting forth effort in order to achieve the realization of your desires. You may find that you actually appreciate something more if you attain it through your own efforts than if it were simply given to you."

Hi, Brendan

I too have Venus sq. the Ascendant. Though I don't have significant issues with my looks (of course I have my days where I feel ugly and days where I feel hot... we all have our days, don't we?) I find it extremely unsatisfying to simply be given something, rather than working hard for it!

My Venus (value) is in Sag (learning), and my ASC (outward personality) in Virgo (hard work). Perhaps that is why I feel this way?

So it may not be chalked up to a simple "Ugly/beauty" competition with oneself. In fact, I hope people understand this will never be the case. Astrology is so individual that we cannot chalk-up one aspect to be a cause-effect in a person.

ScorpioCrow

I don't know. I have Capricorn Ascendant, ruled by Saturn which is square it in Aries, and I felt pretty unattractive when I was younger. Being the real-life Boney Maroney isn't easy, even when Venus is right there on the Ascendant in my chart. But people have told me I carry my skinny-ness well.