Solar Return and the house of Sun

yelena234

I have few books about Solar Return and have seen that those, who write a lot about Solar Return, they say a little, like the women they talk to much (and nothing!!!).
I like short and clear explanation and not one page for just one aspect or planet placement (somebody here, very good knows, what I am talking about).
About the Sun and houses: I have here the proof when the Sun's place is important.

Solar Return for 2004/05:

I had Sun in 7th together with Mercury there. My natal Sun is in 7th and Mercury in 6th, conjunct 7th house. Here was very active my 7th house.
As my SR ASC is Libra (here in the 1st house), and ruler Venus in SR 9th: I was 5 weeks in abroad and have got lots of supports. Venus is here ruler of 8th: help from other people in abroad (9th house).

Solar Return 2008/09:

Here is my Sun in 8th in grand trine. I was told that I will get some help or money from other people. I didn’t get anything. Even if my Sun is close to 8th it still belongs to the 7th and I look my Sun so (my own experiences).

I think that everybody should look back his own Solar Return’s and see, what happened then, when was important SR year and when was not important.

Attachments

• astro_32gw_01_bobbie_v_20041217_2hp_45206_6544.GIF
    astro_32gw_01_bobbie_v_20041217_2hp_45206_6544.GIF
    55.2 KB · Views: 18
  • astro_32gw_01_bobbie_v_20081217_hp_245129_2971.GIF
    astro_32gw_01_bobbie_v_20081217_hp_245129_2971.GIF
    53.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

gemini59

Yes, I did this research. It was helpful. I am sorry if people ramble to much to be helpful.

Since solar returns are snapshots of a whole year there is a lot of information in them.

But learning how to be clear and speak to laymen as well as professionals does take time to develop.

I see your 2008/2008. I am looking at dignities too in conjunction with placements.

So the ruler of the first house (which is an important focus) is not strong in Aries and though a trine is harmonious it also may imply an easy pathway for negative energy. Thus the not so strong venus in trine to the restrictive saturn may imply not so good things. A lot depends on the strength of your natal venus/saturn relationship.

Sun is about ego focus for the year thus the sun in the 8th cusp implies more about your concerns about debt in general or loans or something similar. It does have an ease to saturn, ruler of your 4th and may imply someone in your family helping you but again this depends on your natal sun/saturn relationship.

I try modern descriptions as well as traditional. So the ruler of your 2nd house this year could be mars and could be pluto, the higher octave of mars. So Pluto (again a trine may not be a good thing) implies eruptive circumstances, things that have festered suddenly coming up. Mars at the top of the chart has a lot of challenges including an opposition to jupiter, or ruler of your 3rd house. Did you struggle with vehicle issues that year? or had challenges connected to this?

Well...good observations...lots to learn. And we are all learning.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

yelena234

Hi gemini59,

Thank you very much to look at my SR for 2008. You are soo kind person.

About struggling with vehicles: no, I didn't.
I struggle more years with the Court. That must be some other period or those Sun, Moon, Venus and other years (I have looked those years before, but now I have forgot that).

This year 2011/12 is critical: there is ruler of other people (7th) Saturn in 4th with only hard aspects. I have problems with other people, especially from the higher position.
Looking my Sun (in 10th) and Moon (in 8th): there is nothing from both of them (sorry, I should write there, where is my Solar Return 2011).

WL, B.

P.s. I see now that SR ASC for 2004 and 2008: both have ASC Libra.

layaly

hello yelena,

first of all I think that destiny can hand you over opportunities/challenges but then it is up to us really to do something with them. example: one year I had a SR with Jupiter, Moon, Uranus all in good aspect to the MC and the SR showed opportunities for traveling. well, I wanted to change my job and I applied to tons of jobs and just when I had given up hope that something might change I got a well-paid job with a wonderful boss and extraordinary opportunities for business trips. if I wouldn't have been persistent I wouldn't have got the job. the SUN was in the 11th and I also met a lot of people and made many, great friends that year. It was another aspect. The SR should be interpreted as a whole, not just where the Sun is.

I had the SR Sun only once in my 8th house. I had actually witnessed a war that year and had been involved with the death of a lot of people around me, this triggered a lot of subconscious issues which lay hidden. the 8th house is complicated and very scorpionic in feeling - it deals with death, sexuality, other people's money, subconscious issues. it doesn't necessarily mean that you will get financial support from others!

what I saw in your SR chart is that you had Libra rising which is about dealing with other people, close relationships, whether they are love, friendship or other types of relationship. Venus was in the 7th so this was accentuated. But I find the SR very revealing when it is compared to the natal. the natal house which is brought to the SR ASC is quite important. maybe you should try this as well?

there are many other aspects which can be used in the interpretation for the SR. unfortunately, this is something which one can learn only in time...

yelena234

Hi layaly,

Thank you for comment about SR Sun.

In my SR, Sun plays important role only then, when is in 7th, like in Natal Chart. Sometimes also in 10th, but it happened nothing special. This year I have Sun in 10th (close to 11th) and honestly said until now I feel only this Saturn in 4th, as Saturn rules my Natal 4th. I am very close to leave the place, I live now (I have to), because I have problems with the Court just because of apartment.

Here is North Node in 6th important, because I feel a bit better, when there is no fog, wind and worst is, when clouds are very low.

From my 10th house and so many planets there I have nothing at all, even if the Sun is there. Repeating planets in the houses are: Uranus in 9th and Mars in 10th.

Now, I am afraid of SR ruler Moon in the 8th house. In the last two months I have terrible fear, because I must fight with my neuralgias and also with mean people, they even don’t know me (Saturn, ruler of 7th in 4th with only hard aspects) and make me lots of problems.
This SR 2011/12 is one of the worst.

B.

p.s. Here are:
my Natal Chart from Virtual Astrology, where I can put exact coordinates (I was born at home).
My SR 2011/12
My LR 30.12.2011 (terrible); if I survive this month it will be wonder.

Attachments

• astro_32gw_01_b_v_2201117_hp_56739_10450.GIF
    astro_32gw_01_b_v_2201117_hp_56739_10450.GIF
    52.4 KB · Views: 20
  • astro_35gw_01_b_v_201217_hp_63565_516149.GIF
    astro_35gw_01_b_v_201217_hp_63565_516149.GIF
    53.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2011-08-13T11_49_55_nyWDzYPqkudb4.PNG
    2011-08-13T11_49_55_nyWDzYPqkudb4.PNG
    96 KB · Views: 34
All solar returns (and natal charts) are about ‘potential’ as is the natal chart, but we don’t always fulfil our potential, whether it’s due to ‘other people or unforeseen circumstances’ or a choice of two things and maybe possibly making different choices meant you didn’t fulfil that potential in this Solar return.

I don't read SR's as stand alone cos you can get far more information from bi wheel, it can give a natal planet an opening or expression by conjuncting SR Asc or MC for example and any SR planets conj natal planets are important to.

when selecting a solar return chart from astro in Extended chart selection it's important to select 2nd option 'with houses' as this will put the degree onto planets and Angles --

http://cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Solar_Return_Chart
http://www.maryshea.com/sr.html
http://www.skyviewzone.com/solarreturn.htm

“The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, writh 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events”
http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm

Lastly, for something 'major' to happen, it should also be reflected in your transits, progressions and possibly solar arcs. So don't ignore these methods in favour of JUST solar returns

The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, with 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events

layaly

hello yelena,

first of all I want to say that I'm sorry to hear about all these problems that you have.

the first thing I noticed when I saw your charts is a double Saturn - ASC conjunct: SR saturn with natal ASC and SR ASC with natal Saturn. this is a very, very hard aspect. it means a year with a lot of problems, limitations, hardship. I know because I've had this aspect in the past. Don't worry, if you manage your problems now it should be well in the future.

I have to say to you that the 10th house is not only the house of job, recognition but it is also a very public house, bringing you to the attention of other people (it doesn't necessarily mean that you will appear on TV!). the opposition with the Saturn in the 4th is very clear, most probably your problems with the house has brought you to the attention of the public in a harsh way.

Your SR ASC ruler, the Moon is in the 8th house in a conjunction with the 9th house cusp. the 8th house also rules other people's money. so my guess is, although I don't know your situation, is that perhaps you have to leave your house due to a problem with a bank loan, maybe the house you lived in depended somehow on other people's money?

Saturn is also transiting your first house which is usually a hard time. you will feel very limited and you'll have to take on additional responsibilities. this transit will continue this whole year...

hope this helped you in a way

yelena234

All solar returns (and natal charts) are about ‘potential’ as is the natal chart, but we don’t always fulfil our potential, whether it’s due to ‘other people or unforeseen circumstances’ or a choice of two things and maybe possibly making different choices meant you didn’t fulfil that potential in this Solar return. I don't read SR's as stand alone cos you can get far more information from bi wheel, it can give a natal planet an opening or expression by conjuncting SR Asc or MC for example and any SR planets conj natal planets are important to“The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, writh 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events spects other planets in the SR, it will generate events

Hello Astrologer50,

Thank you for explanation, when what happens. I was told that my Solar Return will be active short before the next birthday (when I get rid of Saturn in 4th).

Here is be wheel for 2011/12.

B.

Attachments

• astro_31gw_01_bobbie_v_201119_hp_37280_426426.GIF
    astro_31gw_01_bobbie_v_201119_hp_37280_426426.GIF
    45.8 KB · Views: 14

yelena234

hello yelena,
first of all I want to say that I'm sorry to hear about all these problems that you have.
the first thing I noticed when I saw your charts is a double Saturn - ASC conjunct: SR saturn with natal ASC and SR ASC with natal Saturn. this is a very, very hard aspect. it means a year with a lot of problems, limitations, hardship. I know because I've had this aspect in the past. Don't worry, if you manage your problems now it should be well in the future.
I have to say to you that the 10th house is not only the house of job, recognition but it is also a very public house, bringing you to the attention of other people (it doesn't necessarily mean that you will appear on TV!). the opposition with the Saturn in the 4th is very clear, most probably your problems with the house has brought you to the attention of the public in a harsh way.
Your SR ASC ruler, the Moon is in the 8th house in a conjunction with the 9th house cusp. the 8th house also rules other people's money. so my guess is, although I don't know your situation, is that perhaps you have to leave your house due to a problem with a bank loan, maybe the house you lived in depended somehow on other people's money?
Saturn is also transiting your first house which is usually a hard time. you will feel very limited and you'll have to take on additional responsibilities. this transit will continue this whole year...
hope this helped you in a way
Hi layaly,
You are very right about Saturn. I hate Saturn, just looking Natal Saturn square my ASC. This year is double damage from that Evil - Saturn.
About Bank loan, you are also right, only this time Bank gave it to the Insurance Company. It is almost the same, as the Bank loan.

I must write that you are very good in explanation of Solar Return. Thank you.

B.

Last edited: