Best placement for a spy

khlysty

What would you say is a good placement when it comes to spying?
Is there any placement that will not do well as a spy?

I'd say scorpio in the twelft house, because they are interested in other peoples private life.
Some virgo placement, for their analytic abilities.
And some charm upon that.

Placements that aren't beneficial
Sagittarius, especially if their mercury is in sag, they are bad at keeping secrets and they are klumpsy.
Also I don't think gemini would be able to shut up, but they are intelligent and make good actors.

PS, is there any placement that would make you gracious/smooth physically? Not how attractive they are, but how they carry themselves.

Bunraku

>Sagittarius, especially if their mercury is in sag, they are bad at keeping secrets and they are klumpsy.
Nuh uh! I have been told a few secrets and I plan on taking them to the grave with me. So far so good. :)

I think everyone has the potential to keep their mouth shut, especially if it involves something dear and important to them, e.g. their life, their job, the chance of seeing their family, etc.

Also what do you mean? Like in those spy movies? That movie Angelina Jolie starred in "Salt" type of spy? I think actual spy missions are vastly different and less dramatic than what you would see in the movies... Also what type of spy are we talking about? :surprised: Seems to me you're talking more about detectives or investigators...

byjove

Account Closed
Hi! :smile: I chuckled when I read that.

To be honest, it seems that many types of spies are ruthless and see human life as expendable. So, I would look for that in a chart. Even the 'backroom' analytic types likely have this in their personality. The 'front counter' types, the ones that go out into the world - both undetected and 'sleepers' 'double-agents' etc. might have some very different characteristics. There must be some government-love in there, the idea of 'doing it for the state'. It could be exaggerated patriotism. I can't emphasize enough the ruthlessness and disregard for human life. Many seem to be talented in physical combat, nevermind weaponry. There's a lot of Mars in those few sentences.

I agree though with the above poster that much of spy life is likely very different to the movies. (though you may not have referenced the movies at all) I have listened to some BBC podcasts with inverviews from the UK's spy agencies and I certainly detected: 1) economical with the truth and general secrecy 2) that one life can be 'spent' for another. 3) It's all 'for the government' or 'protecting the people'.

You really could have some intriguing arrangements of Cancer (protection), Aries (martial, action), Scorpio (hiding information) Capricorn/Sag/Aqua (ideas about society and government) and so on. That could be any kind of complex web of signs, planets, aspects, houses etc.

Last edited:

Lucypur

What would you say is a good placement when it comes to spying?
Is there any placement that will not do well as a spy?

I'd say scorpio in the twelft house, because they are interested in other peoples private life.
Some virgo placement, for their analytic abilities.
And some charm upon that.

Placements that aren't beneficial
Sagittarius, especially if their mercury is in sag, they are bad at keeping secrets and they are klumpsy.
Also I don't think gemini would be able to shut up, but they are intelligent and make good actors.

PS, is there any placement that would make you gracious/smooth physically? Not how attractive they are, but how they carry themselves.

I have Pluto in Scorpio in the 12th House.
I love, Love Secrets.
I would say the aspect Mercury/Pluto helps one to spy.
Mercury rules Thinking and Communication.
Pluto aspecting Mercury helps you to investigate different topics.
I also believe Midheaven in Scorpio helps one to be a spy.

Inline

....To be honest, it seems that many types of spies are ruthless and see human life as expendable....Even the 'backroom' analytic types likely have this in their personality....

.....There must be some government-love in there, the idea of 'doing it for the state'. It could be exaggerated patriotism.

....Many seem to be talented in physical combat, nevermind weaponry.
There's a lot of Mars in those few sentences....

I agree.
I know an entire family of spies - the mother and father, the aunt and uncle all spies, with one other uncle who worked as a border guard. They all had one thing in common which made them easy to recruit...they had a secret that they wanted kept secret.

One spy was embarrassed of her illegitimate sister & there was her husband, who also wanted to keep the secret. There was the illegitimate sister herself and her husband, who was forced to marry her.

If you look at the astrology of the family, there is plenty of Sun/Saturn conjunct Mercury in the 8th; a strong Aries Cancer influence, and a heavy 12th with Pluto and Neptune.

Love2Know

I agree.
I know an entire family of spies - the mother and father, the aunt and uncle all spies, with one other uncle who worked as a border guard. They all had one thing in common which made them easy to recruit...they had a secret that they wanted kept secret.

One spy was embarrassed of her illegitimate sister & there was her husband, who also wanted to keep the secret. There was the illegitimate sister herself and her husband, who was forced to marry her.

If you look at the astrology of the family, there is plenty of Sun/Saturn conjunct Mercury in the 8th; a strong Aries Cancer influence, and a heavy 12th with Pluto and Neptune.

THAT is so sad, that having an illegitimate sister is such a shame? REALLy? She is still a human. It is her parents shame if you want to place any not hers, and a forced marriage umm sad as well!
I never related cancer with spy stuff I MEAN CANCERS Can be sneaky but aries I can see more even sag and scrop influences I WOULD have picked.

M

may28gemini

I agree that basically anyone can be a spy. People in military intelligence would do well having a lot of Air as Air represents communication/information.

George Bush Sr was head of CIA for a time and continues to get CIA briefings. Gemini Sun accidentally dignified in angular 10th house. Grand Air Trine involves Aqua Mars, Gemini Sun, and Libra Saturn/Moon SCREAMS an information hog!!! It doesn't hurt that he has domicile Sagittarius Jupiter near the IC (protective of homeland) and exalted Libra Saturn (judicious decisions based upon information). Anaretic Mercury ready to launch to his domicile home of Gemini near the MC.

ZxqZLKH3rIR3IGMuZQNjZQNj.png

Last edited:

greybeard

You are taking a simplistic view of astrology. It doesn't work that way.

If you want to know what makes for a spy, study the charts of spies.

To say "Scopio in the Twelfth" is simply incompetent nonsense.

I don't know if you consider Ed Snowden and Bradley Manning to be spies; their government does. The charts of both are here on this forum. Manning's has no birth time, but the chart is eloquent nonetheless.

Last edited:

junoisuppose

If you want to know what makes for a spy, study the charts of spies.

To say "Scopio in the Twelfth" is simply incompetent nonsense.

I don't know if you consider Ed Snowden and Bradley Manning to be spies; their government does. The charts of both are here on this forum. Manning's has no birth time, but the chart is eloquent nonetheless.

I agree with all the above.

However, on a simplistic, not altogether serious, view, I have read that pluto on one of the angles makes one good at uncovering other people's secrets without revealing one's own, and you'd probably need the influence of neptune to disguise your true identity, also as it is a profession you'd need either neptune or pluto in, aspecting or ruling the 10th house.

junoisuppose

Would you mind telling me where those charts are located on the forum? I did an advanced search for Bradley Manning's name but couldn't find the chart, just opinions about him.

mdinaz

A well-placed Pallas. Pallas is where you are able to make strategic moves against an enemy, to win battles through wit and intelligence - things a spy needs to do instantly and under pressure. A well placed Mercury also, the ability to think fast and on the run. Other aspects too that makes one amoral - morality cannot impede a spy, who may need to kill without compunction, even an innocent.

Yaguar

I agree with all the above.

However, on a simplistic, not altogether serious, view, I have read that pluto on one of the angles makes one good at uncovering other people's secrets without revealing one's own, and you'd probably need the influence of neptune to disguise your true identity, also as it is a profession you'd need either neptune or pluto in, aspecting or ruling the 10th house.

With Neptune tightly conjunct MC that sits on 0 degree Cap and also Mercury, would that be a hint I could be one lol?

I know I was at a big event/celebration and I went to check the background to see what was up in those parts, hung around for ages and nobody noticed me in plain sight. I am a Sagittarius with Moon Jupiter Venus in Capricorn, Saturn and Pluto in 8th though and ASC in Aries.

My partner came and and stayed with me just somewhat near those backgrounds and immediately became like magnets, everybody started wanting to go in that direction, asking where is the bathroom, got curious about it, he is kinda magnetic even though he would prefer to not call attention to himself (Sun in Cancer).

Bradders

I would imagine alot of mars and pluto influences. It's going to play out probably mostly in the aspects.

First, mars in scorpio, libra probably in the 3rd house, mars conjunct saturn, mars trine pluto, pluto opposition jupiter?

Also, capricorn risings with mars in scorpio and scorpio in the mc with mars square pluto, may make a spy.

Now, you COULD play pluto square mars for this. It is true.

There was once a point in my life where I was considering becoming a hitman to get lots of money because I felt so extremely depressed, low and miserable; yes I have a conscience, I was willing to kill on sight literally.

I felt so insane, depressed and in despair though, I had no schooling, I felt like my family were absolutely terrible, I felt mostly 'messed with' and this was the defining factor. I just felt like I had extremely bad luck, but it was just probably my saturn and pluto dominant planets playing out.

So I would imagine at best, have a guy with a mars and square pluto atleast? ( I have this and it shows complete ruthlessness ), you can't have a softie with alot of water take on that sort of job.

Experiental talk mixed in with knowledge of astrology~ xD

BY THE WAY, I don't want to be a hitman now. But due to my extreme temper I will admit I have felt like killing people on occasion; what not, but that was when I was completely, utterly messed up, had been in a hostel for awhile; somehow, sorted myself out ( I was going through the saturn in scorpio transit, so maybe, pluto saved me there from complete and utter self destruction )

Inline

If you want to know what makes for a spy, study the charts of spies. To say "Scopio in the Twelfth" is simply incompetent nonsense.....

Here is the chart of a spy (without birth time, unfortunately) still, it is quite revealing, i think.

Attachments

• spy-chart.gif
    spy-chart.gif
    41.7 KB · Views: 315
I have placements almost similar to this spy's chart
attachment.php

My Pallas is Aries 2nd.

Aquarius Sun 1st, Mercury 12th, NN 12th, ASC.
Capricorn Venus 12th, Mars 11th, Uranus & Neptune 11th.
Scorpio Moon & Lilith 9th, Pluto 9th, MC, Juno 10th.
Cancer Jupiter, Selene & Chiron in 5th.

I know where my future goes, even where I am now, nothing blinds me.

blacksun?

I think maybe Jupiter in 8 and things like Pluto and Uranus in 12. Venus and Mars need to be in alignment as well, otherwise distractions will prevail.

Big secrets shared through confidence that one can be trusted with other peoples affairs.

Moon needs to have all sorts of liberties, like it has in Gemini, where Putin has it.

conspiracy theorist

Ha.

I've never focused on the charts of spies but if I were to pick aspects that would make a successful spy/agent it would have to be an above average ability to handle and process copious and complex data/information, the ability to keep secrets, strong nerves/will/fortitude, high conscientiousness and any "actor" placements.