Sun Square Uranus

groovygal

I've always felt different and had the need to rebel against tradition... since I was young, I had problems with authorities....it has gotten me in trouble a few times too... anyone have this aspect and have stories to share?

maxwell

My ascendant is squared by Moon and Mercury in conjuction, then with Saturn and Uranus in conjuction and opposes Mars. Guess how rebellious I am? LOL ;) A LOT!

flea

I have a tight suare natally, and I have Sun Square Uranus transiting. Uranus is making three passes at squaring my sun, the second is coming up shortly.

I find myself in a strange position in life (uranus is transiting 10th house). My career is turing into something not even I understand. It hasn't come into being yet and I feel blocked everytime I try to make a decision about it, whether I go back to my more normal traditional career or dip my toes into the more nebulous realms, in which I have become increasingly interested.

I have always strayed a little apart from the pack and have been quite willing to stand up for myself inspite of overwhelming odds (no it didn't do me any good). Character building maybe. Uranus also rules my MC. So I am not quite sure of the career that seems to be agonisingly slowly appearing before me.

I am also increasingly spending my time on internet forum communities on a variety of subjects since the transits started.

Am I becoming aware of my own true self?? That is still in development.

Whatever it is an interesting ride in this Uranian Fantasy!!

Love Light and Peace
Flea

crabapple

Banned
I have Sun conj. Uranus, Pluto, Sun, and Mercury; all opposed by Saturn- I have problems with authorities too! I think I come across as all :38:, rebellious, and threateningly, deeply unconventional; and I can't keep my mouth shut when they challenge me. I also have Mercury semi-square Mars -- maybe I should wear a muzzle! :rolleyes:

Spin

My uranus is conjunct my asc, squaring pisces sun and mercury, the ruler of my asc. Because of all the pisces (and mars in pisces too) my rebellion has always been less confrontational but definitely rebellious. And as I get older I'm getting even more unconventional. But maybe that's because uranus has begun the transit over my pisces planets. The next few years should be interesting...

This quote reminds me of the Aquarian, Uranus and 11th house energy. :D

Here's to the crazy ones.
The misfits
The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them,
disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They invent. They imagine. They heal.
They explore. They create. They inspire.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?
We make tools for these kinds of people.
While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.

sageofaquarius

Amazingly (or Uranuslly) this seems to have been the work of an advertising agency. The poem was the spoken text for the 'Think Differently' television commercial made for Apple Computers by TBWA Chiat/Day, Los Angeles. The ad was first transmitted on September 28, 1997 and coincided with a grand trine between Pars Fortuna in the 1st, the Sun in the 6th, and Uranus in the 10th. It worked, and the fortunes of Apple were restored, without which we would not have the iPod, the iPhone or the iWhatevernext. The anonymous copywriter certainly had a good knowledge of Aquarian attributes.

Are you talking about my quote, I don't know where it originally came from, but if it was from an advert - cool :cool: . I found it online in a book of quotes, it doesn't list who they are by. I just thought it suited the Uranus/Aquarian vibe. So it I put it here on this thread. I do have Uranus in the 3rd, I "think differently" too. ;)

tsquare

Hmmm.... by progression I have uranus on the IC 0 degree sagitarius, opp. Chorion in taurus ON midheaven, conj Algal(spelling?) both square asc in virgo, . Both square sun in Leo 12H.

11H- By progression as well- I have moon in cancer, NN in cancer, POF in cancer, venus in leo.......its been interesting.

Me and authority don't mix either, yet its only when the authority presents itself as such.

I also have mercury in virgo 1H sextile mars and jupiter conj. in scorpio 3H
mercury also sextiles NN and moon in 11thH.
NN is conj Sirus.

Look out authority!

sageofaquarius

Hi Shining Ray

According to the credits I've accessed, the copywriter was Craig Tanimoto. He now runs his own production company, japanesemonster.com

The ad won an Emmy Award for best commercial from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, and a Silver Lion at Cannes.

You can watch it here:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/redlightrunner/thinkdifferent.mov

Aquarius straddles my 3rd house cusp with the Sun in the 2nd and the Moon in the 3rd. So I guess I think differently about my feelings ... and feel differently about what I possess! :60:

Sag Moon

5\13\60 NYC 8:12am 2Can Asc

I have thios aspect and am not a rebel. I am eccentric you might say and am a contrian where thought is concerned.

I care little about th statys quo ,but want riches. Being a Taurus with my persoanl planets also trine saturn I guess places me to have some discipline and grounding where certain traditional attitudes are concerned.

Those with this aspect also inherit qriginality and can work to reinvent whatever has been discovered using a new outlook to create things.

Many musicians have this aspect I have seen also.They need to retain the ability to instictively know how to hit notes over and over again. Agility might be added to the aspect I bet.

Anyway I thought I would add as I do not know what you need to know regarding the aspect.

Hope that helps!

Hi Sageofaquarius,

Thanks for the advert. I believe you now :D . It is a good commercial better than some of the other rubbish ones on T.V. What rules over advertising? hmm I am thinking Mercury, Uranus and Neptune. Mercury for selling and ideas and for getting the message across fast, Uranus for the media and technology and Neptune for the illusion and images - and the lies. :)

flea

Now I know what at least one of my problems is.... sun sq uranus to start with, then sun in 6th uranus ruling MC. And my intercepted signs are on the 5/11 axis............

Love Light and Peace

eviltwin

I have a Sun square Uranus as well. I don't consider myself a rebel, but I do see this description in myself:

"It can be quite a challenge to get them to do what they don't want to do, simply because they see any attempts to push them in a certain direction as threatening their freedom. These are very dynamic individuals who question tradition and authority, yet, paradoxically, are quite set in their own ways."

- Cafe Astrology

Also, it states at one point that people with sun sq. uranus work best when they set their own schedules, and are not tied down by routine 9-5 jobs... This too is definitely active in me.

How do you guys work with this energy in a positive and constructive way? Any ideas on what has worked for your personally?

Elyn

I have sun square uranus and moon square uranus.

It is definitely a pressure cooker. I am hoping to use my creativity to release this energy. Also, I'm hoping to start running again because in the past, it helped alot.

Last edited:

LittleMiss

I have uranus squaring both my sun and my ascendant. I've never been particulary rebelious. Instead I'm prone to be more submissiv, so I feel that this aspect maybe keeps me from not beeing too mutable, submissiv and to not let everybody walk completly over me.

Last edited:

Elyn

It does not have to be necessarily rebelious. I was a shy kid but i guess the way id put it is that my mind was rebellious. I would see things differently, would observe and question everything. But this energy really came out in adolescence. You really have to give your child who has this aspect alot of freedom (or at least make him think he has alot of freedom;). Ask him what he wants. My parents were really strict and had a way of doing the opposite of what I wanted. I think also the parents perceive that the child with this aspect needs to be "controlled" but it just makes it worse. I think my parents were always afraid I would get into trouble because I would not 'conform'. This was so far from the truth. I dress normally too (no tatoos, piercings, crazy clothing). The truth is, when my parents started overcontrolling me, it got much worse. but I must say, compared to all my friends, my parents were the most strict.

pizzagirl543

I have this aspect and I secretly want to sneak out of my house in the middle of the night, lol! I'm not a rebel, I'm definitely a goody goody. But I secretly want to do bad things so my life might be a little more exciting but that never happens. I always feel restricted and confined by my surroundings/people but my parents aren't really strict though. I don't have any stories to tell you other than that, I lead a pretty boring life tbh. Oh! I forgot to say, I can act crazy/weird towards people I will never see again so maybe that's part of the Sun square Uranus aspect, I don't know.

Last edited:

Elyn

I can act crazy/weird towards people I will never see again so maybe that's part of the Sun square Uranus aspect, I don't know.

lolol me too! I definitely think about it and sometimes I can't help it lol I always wondered if everyone else does that too, but I never witnessed this tendency in other people