sexual escapism

groovygal

I was wondering what part of a chart indicates sexual escapism. From an early age, I've used sex as a way to escape, now it is deeply engrained in my life (I find it impossible to have a monogomous relationship because my sex drive is very high and variety is important). I've been in sexually abusive relationships before that may or may not have impacted it. I can be really shy in public but I tend to blurt out inappropriate sexual remarks occasionally.
Ive danced before and find it gratifying financially but unfulfilling emotionally. Any thoughts on this?

August 13 1980 1145AM Vancouver BC Canada

Attachments

• chart.GIF
    chart.GIF
    24.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hey groovygal.

It has to be your mars in the 12th house. It makes you feel strong fantasies that you supress and thats why you can be shy in public, yet its boiling underneath and waiting to explode. pluto is also on your mars there..
I also have mars in the 12th house in scorpio and I feel the exact same way as you here. Although I like to be loyal in a relationship :)
But the sexual intensity is very strong and can be quite destructive, especially when you have pluto there. That can explain why you chose to go into a abusive relationship, like an attraction to violence yeah?

love and peace
Anita

Sanem

I'd like to use your chart as an exercise;

On the sexual escapism:

Mars conjunct Pluto in 12H conj Asc; Pluto indicates transformation, also power and sex? Conjunct Mars, your sex drive. Would use them as critial indicators for your question. However, no difficult aspects, so much for that theory.

Although Mars is the ruler of your 7H, so perhaps you tend to emphasize yourself (Mars conjunct Pluto) over your partner, conflicting emotions for a Libra ascendant (also because they are opposing your Descendant).

Off topic, on your profession:

Sun in Leo intercepted in Cancer, ruler of the MC (I concider Cancer to be related to this kind of work, since it does offset masculism).
Uranus in Scorpio in 2H conjunct cusp. Pretty evident as far as your income goes I'd say. It does square your Leo Sun, which might explain the conflict between the self and your way of making money.

Hi,

I would also agree that it may be the Mars/Pluto in the 12th for the sexual escapism. You have Mars ruler of the 6th house (which rules daily work) Mars relates to sex and Scorpio ruling the 2nd house of money earned conjunct Mars. So again money earned through Scorpio type activities (sex). Uranus in the 2nd can mean an unusual way to earn money.

Relationship wise with Mars ruling the 7th house and conjunct Pluto in the 12th house would show the sexually abusive relationships you describe.

I have only just started taking lessons in Psychology Astrology and I have read the 5th house rules casual sex and the 8th house rules committed sex, serious sex with a partner. You have Neptune ruling your 5th house and it squares Jupiter, I have just read in my book this can make you dangerously gullible not sure if this is true for you. But with having the Mars/Pluto conjunction you do have to try and use these energies positively in your life. Maybe Neptune adds to the escapism you need in casual affairs/sex.

I will have to read up some more on your placements, I have read a 12th house Mars can find males and sex confusing and the self assertion can be repressed. You may have experienced a forcefulness from your past which can have an effect on your own sense of power and will.

Sanem

Good points Shining Ray.

I was thinking about how escapism would be ruled by Neptune (escaping to a higher world) vs Saturn (reality of life). Than I just realised Groovygal you have Neptune squaring Saturn conjunct Moon. I was going to write something about it earlier, but didn't know how to put it.

Still don't know how to put it :eek:. But I definitly think it's where the answer lies.

Anyway, Neptune does rule a higher plain, and can be very grattifying. Although it's very close to 3H, so perhaps a solution will be found in contact and communication, rather than possession.

I just did a quick search on the web on this subject I found an article which covers a little on the astrological indicators to look for when looking for sex in the chart. I wouldn't say the article goes into great detail but it describes the 5th house as being the house of sexual identity. If I find any more articles I will post them here.

Here is the link:

http://www.themetaarts.com/pages/basilfearington.html

On the aspect Sanem mentioned maybe you are trying to escape from the depressive emotions you feel (Moon/Saturn) which you may do through casual/sex maybe using sex as a drug to escape from how you feel inside. With Jupiter also in the aspect (you can multiply this aspect by 5 as Jupiter takes the energy to extremes.)

Neptune in the 2nd - You can be sensitive about your self worth and money matters, with Neptune in the 2nd house you may need to find your spiritual worth. I Just read in my book and Neptune also means dance which is also quite fitting for the way you earn money.

For the sexual escapism it depends on what you are escaping from through sex. Maybe there is an underlying depression or self worth issues which you have. Or maybe it is something else, some pain from the past perhaps.

You also have Uranus square your your Sun/NN this can make you quirky and rebellious so maybe this is where you get the need for sexual variety with Uranus being in Scorpio/2nd house and diposited by Mars/Pluto in the 12th.

Last edited:

unukalhai

Excellent points, folks! Lets see what I can add...

Another indication of a career involving sex, aside from the blaring Mars/Pluto conjunction on the ascendant in sextile to the n.node/Sun conjunction in Leo, would be Vesta (female sexuality) on the midheaven.

The MC is in Cancer, which makes sense why you may be a bit shy in public, but with Mars/Pluto close to your ascendant, you identify with this highly charged and sexual combination. We usually tend to project our individuality based on our ascendant configuration, and that seems like (part of) what's happening.

Then there's also that powerful Sun/Uranus square, with Uranus in Scorpio (sex, the taboo, etc) and Sun dignified in it's own showoff Leo sign. Moreover, the midpoint of the square falls in relating-obsessed Libra, and just happens to form a tight square to Libra's ruler and dispositior of your Mars Pluto and ascendant, Venus.

Mercury teams up with Mars to ensure that you speak plenty about what Mars has to say, because the closest aspect in your chart is a Mercury-Mars quintile, an exact aspect, which just happens to have expansive Jupiter sitting at it's midpoint, so Jupiter forms semiquintiles (aka deciles) and a perfect midpoint to the Mercury/Mars quintile. Mars and Jupiter are both fire objects, both known to like to radiate and act on impulses, and with Mercury in firey showoff Leo, combined with the nature of a Sun/Uranus square, who knows what might slip out!

For emotional fulfillment, we look to the Moon, which is in Virgo and conjunct Saturn, two powerful earth-element influences. In fact, this says things of a more practical and stable nature of experience would be much more emotionally satisfying. Capricorn and Virgo influences upon the Moon really put it at odds with the other parts of the chart, even more so with it on the 12th house cusp, showing you not only need more practical and stable experiences, but will find your true emotional fulfillment in solitude or behind the scenes, away from others, as the 12th house tends to deal with these sort of things. It seems important to take time away from all the excitement, just to have some quality time with yourself and your own feelings. 12th house influence on the Moon can make it quite reclusive and difficult to access, so you should probably ask yourself if you've really even yet truly connected with your inner feelings; and I don't mean those feelings that you think about, I mean those feelings you really feel, those powerful emotions inside you that don't have words or thoughts to go with them...

I bet in the past year or so you've really been feeling an itch to get in touch with your Moon... Well, you are about to have you first progressed new Moon, which happens April 2nd, 2007. The progressed new Moon happens about every 30 years, and shows a time for emotional renewal and a new emotional beginning, a redirection of creative release, and often the feeling of being reborn anew once it starts to unfold. Of the progressed chart, I'd say the progressed lunation cycle is by far the most important factor, showing the longer-term cycle of the emotional nature and it's direction.

Right now, you are feeling the "itch" of it coming on, but the seed of it doesn't sprout until after the progression happens. Even then, it is only a seed and will take a few years to germinate, and will reach it's peak of experience around the progressed full Moon, which happens 15 or so years after the progressed new Moon. The 45 (~4 year) and 90 degree (~7.5 year) and 135 degree (~11 year) periods of the cycle are also important, and relate to the crescent, first quarter and gibbous moon phases. The Moon phases in the progressed cycle are described in the same manner as the usual 8-fold lunar cycle, with the exception of the cycles being 365 times longer in duration (day for a year progression). If you haven't yet learned about lunar phases and the Moon cycle, what better way to start addressing your lunar integration? :D

phasewheel.jpg

More information on the Moon phases, to think in terms of progressed lunar phases just replace day with year:

http://www.khaldea.com/articles/lunationplanning3.shtml

and more detailed information specifically about progressed lunations:

http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/astroarticles/progressedlunationcharts.php

The progressed new Moon is a wonderful time, although you probably won't realize how significant it is until a while after it happens. In a few years, your emotional nature will be so far transformed you may feel like you have a whole new Moon; that's how it was for me, I had my first progressed new Moon in 2002 and it was a major emotional awakening for me, marking the start of actually recognizing and integrating my feelings and emotions.

Yours appears to fall at a quite powerful degree:

Virgo 17°
A VOLCANIC ERUPTION RELEASES POWERFUL TELLURIC ENERGIES Irresistible outbursting of pent-up impulses, creatively or regeneratively. Breaking up of "complexes". Will to wholeness. When positive, the degree is creative passion as a rejection of superficiality and a genuine ordering of self, and when negative, petulance and tantrums.

Last edited:
I never thought to look at the M.C for the public perception and the shyness good point Unukalhai. When looking at the chart also the Moon (emotions) ruler of 10th is positioned either side by Jupiter/Saturn so this placement is strong in the chart with Neptune squaring these planets. With this placement of extreme emotions up and down is what could be behind the sexual escapism.

I did read on the other thread that you have a disorder called Mania, I had to search to see what this means as I don't know. But it does list symptoms of a higher sex drive than normal, and emotions going to extremes. Which would be the Moon ruler of Cancer and moods/emotions and how we feel conjunct Saturn which depresses the emotions and Jupiter which might give highs of emotions. I would have to look at the symptoms again to see how Neptune plays in the aspect I have a Moon square Neptune which does make you feel overwhelmed with emotions.

EDIT: Just read the symptoms through and there can be delusions (Neptune) and feelings of being at one with the world. High excitability (Uranus) with feelings of grandiose sense of self which would be (Jupiter). Extremes of a lot of emotions like Anger, and feeling anxious to feeling on top of the world.

Hope I read the symptoms right Grooveygal. As I have never read up on what Mania means. Correct me if I a wrong.

Last edited:

groovygal

Wow, all so very true and accurate, thank you all so much for the responses!

Attachments

• chart.GIF
    chart.GIF
    24.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Sanem

Groovygal, happy to hear you're finding some answers here :).

Some more thoughts: Mercury conjunct MC, I understand old Merc rules the feet (conj MC = dancing in public/for work ;)).

Emotional changes is definitly the Moon, squared by Neptune would represent any form of escapism, drugs (Neptune trine Mars conj Pluto?) or sex (5H ruler?).

Fullmoondawn, natal relocation??? Gotta give that one a try... :D

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

jagetoile said:
Mercury does not rules the feet to my knowledge. :D

Your right, Mercury does not rule the feet, but I think Sanem was reffering about the dexterity and movement coordonation in dancing. Also Hermes(Mercury) was the god whit wings on his feet, so Mercury could have something to do whit feet after all, dancing, dexterity, feet agility and running, short distances but very fast. Also about the Sagittaurius, ruled by Jupiter ( feet classical ruler ), exalted by Neptune ( feet modern ruler ), it's in polarity whit Gemeni, ruled by Mercury, when it comes to this polarity sign it can indicate physiological the feet too.

Sanem

lol, I'm a big dancing fan, and I was told this was related to 5H cusp in Gemini

that would explain my confusion

adrianastrologer

Groovygal,

I appreciate this thread and your honesty. I read most of the responses here, but I wanted to comment on the issues of escapism, the difficulty maintaining a relationship and the abusive relationships. I'm assuming you are comfortable talking about this openly or you wouldn't have posted the thread, and I hope this respects your privacy. I feel it helps in a discussion like this to share the responses, and I appreciate your courage in putting the thread up in the first place.

For me, Mars conjunct Pluto in Libra in the 12 house suggests some kind of aggression in past (past life maybe, but I'm thinking childhood) where one is expected to keep a secret. This suggests to me there may have been abuse or trauma of a sexual nature in your past - which I can personally relate to. Your Venus in Cancer suggests that if this occured, it was probably emotionally devistating (it is for everyone, but for a Cancer placement anything related to home and betrayal would be even more so) and I think your Moon and Saturn (and Jupiter) in Virgo express your ways of trying to "control/clean up the mess" of this pain by retraumatizing yourself. The Moon/Saturn conjunction in the 11th house suggests to me that there might have been deep disappointment or depression with a group around this, like a child who reaches out for help and is ignored by parents or caretakers, or a situation where other people knew - which would be even more painful. Sexual escapism and abusive relationships can be a way of re-experiencing the abuse but where you are in control this time. (This could also apply to the career in dancing.) Your Sun and Mercury in Leo, could make one express their anger and pride about this outwardly, a kind of "in your face" attitude to protect the Venus in Cancer. With the libra ascendant I would see this specifically coming up in relationships ("I'll hurt or leave you before you hurt me") type of thing which could tie in with the career as well. I think most people wouldn't know how painful this was, because of the confidence and resilience of the Leo sun.

I want to add, (and I'm being very careful about this) if there were karmic aspects to an experience like this (12th house) this could be the placement of someone who, having gone through an experience like this and healed from it, has the ability to heal others, like a counselor (the wounded healer.) It would give them a "street cred" that someone else might not have. I know this through the experience of my own sexual trauma and drug and alcohol addiction.

I could be wrong about all of this, and please don't feel you have to confirm, but I wanted to suggest this as a possibility and add to the discussion. I'm Moon in Scorpio, so I have to go deep - if this doesn't apply to you, it might to someone else.

Last edited: