Attracting certain types of astrological energy at different times.

RubyTuesday

I never really paid much attention to this until recently, but I keep attracting people with the same type of placements of angles and even their planetary placements are similar. I don't think I've always attracted the same types though. My example would be that I've met three people over the course of two months or so who are different ages and they don't know each other, but they're all Scorpio Rising with afflicted and/or retrograde Mars either in 8th house or Scorpio and two of them even have Pluto in their first house. Their Saturns always either conjunct or square my ascendant too, but their Saturns aren't all afflicted. I have an afflicted Mars myself and lots of Scorpio energy in my chart, but usually I attract people who never match me intellectually or we just aren't compatible when it comes to communication. I feel like I'm talking to a wall. Now, however, this energy I've been attracting is extremely compatible in those ways, but no one ever sticks around. It's hellish. I'm wondering if progressions or outer planet transits are what causes this energy of who you're attracting to shift? Hopefully others can understand what I'm trying to describe.

three M symbols

Hi

Without seeing your chart it's difficult to guess why you attract them

I'm a Scorpio rising too.. with Mars conjunct Scorpio ASC in 1st house, and Pluto is also in my 1st house. But none of them is afflicted or retrograde. My Saturn is in Pisces
Attracting Scorpio rising people with Pluto in 1st house is normal I guess, because Pluto is a very very slow planet so it stay in the same sign for a very long time.
I attract Scorpio placements too.. scorpio moons, scorpio suns, scorpio ascendants, or people with dominant Mars or Pluto.. I guess it's because my natal Mars is in scorpio (that represent men with scorpio traits). My natal Venus is in Libra, but the progressed one is in Scorpio. So, Venus attracts this sign too.

All the Scorpio Suns/ASC left my life. Except a friend which has a Taurus Sun/Scorpio asc (Taurus is my DC).
My boyfriend has dominant Mars (Sag Sun conjunct Mars) and a Scorpio Moon

Last edited:

Harmelia

I never really paid much attention to this until recently, but I keep attracting people with the same type of placements of angles and even their planetary placements are similar. I don't think I've always attracted the same types though. My example would be that I've met three people over the course of two months or so who are different ages and they don't know each other, but they're all Scorpio Rising with afflicted and/or retrograde Mars either in 8th house or Scorpio and two of them even have Pluto in their first house. Their Saturns always either conjunct or square my ascendant too, but their Saturns aren't all afflicted. I have an afflicted Mars myself and lots of Scorpio energy in my chart, but usually I attract people who never match me intellectually or we just aren't compatible when it comes to communication. I feel like I'm talking to a wall. Now, however, this energy I've been attracting is extremely compatible in those ways, but no one ever sticks around. It's hellish. I'm wondering if progressions or outer planet transits are what causes this energy of who you're attracting to shift? Hopefully others can understand what I'm trying to describe.

I think it's probably more common than we might think. We don't always look up charts of people we meet. Astrologers who have clients, do attract certain types according to their own type. Not so strange. This reminds me of a time - a long time ago - when I attracted men with the name "Steve". It seemed every where I went, I met a Steve. I had three boyfriends in a row named Steve - and three "just friends" who were Steve. It was uncanny. I never figured that out. But my first love was a Steve and even though it was long before all these other Steves, perhaps unconsciously I was still working that out. We live in a culture where people don't stick around - in general. That's my experience. Only a few bond and stick with you through the years. I think that's how it is for most of us. If you're single, it will seem even more pronounced. I have no idea where all those Steves are now . . . they didn't stick around, just like the first one.

RubyTuesday

I think it's probably more common than we might think. We don't always look up charts of people we meet. Astrologers who have clients, do attract certain types according to their own type. Not so strange. This reminds me of a time - a long time ago - when I attracted men with the name "Steve". It seemed every where I went, I met a Steve. I had three boyfriends in a row named Steve - and three "just friends" who were Steve. It was uncanny. I never figured that out. But my first love was a Steve and even though it was long before all these other Steves, perhaps unconsciously I was still working that out. We live in a culture where people don't stick around - in general. That's my experience. Only a few bond and stick with you through the years. I think that's how it is for most of us. If you're single, it will seem even more pronounced. I have no idea where all those Steves are now . . . they didn't stick around, just like the first one.

The story of your infamous string of Steves has totally lifted my spirits. I laughed so much reading it, but not out loud because it's late and I'm not trying to wake anyone up. LOL I hope I find or have found a guy who will stick around for a change instead of a Steve this time. I'm sick of Steves. There are far too many out there as it is. 🤣

RubyTuesday

Hi

Without seeing your chart it's difficult to guess why you attract them

I'm a Scorpio rising too.. with Mars conjunct Scorpio ASC in 1st house, and Pluto is also in my 1st house. But none of them is afflicted or retrograde. My Saturn is in Pisces
Attracting Scorpio rising people with Pluto in 1st house is normal I guess, because Pluto is a very very slow planet so it stay in the same sign for a very long time.
I attract Scorpio placements too.. scorpio moons, scorpio suns, scorpio ascendants, or people with dominant Mars or Pluto.. I guess it's because my natal Mars is in scorpio (that represent men with scorpio traits). My natal Venus is in Libra, but the progressed one is in Scorpio. So, Venus attracts this sign too.

All the Scorpio Suns/ASC left my life. Except a friend which has a Taurus Sun/Scorpio asc (Taurus is my DC).
My boyfriend has dominant Mars (Sag Sun conjunct Mars) and a Scorpio Moon

The last two guys I've talked to (one of them I'm still talking to/hanging out with) have Scorpio rising and afflicted Mars. Not only that, but they both have 10th house Virgo moons and they were born 7 years apart. Now, I'm a Scorpio Sun and MC and South Node and all three are within a degree of each other. The guy I'm still talking to has his moon exactly semi sextile to my Libra Moon and within a degree sextile to my Sun/MC/SN. With him, my south node and mc aren't exactly on his AC but less than five degrees away and fall in his first house. I assume my Sun/MC/SN is what they're after, but I'm just guessing because their Pluto is usually close to my sun and sometimes their chiron too and their chiron opposes my chiron in this case.

three M symbols

I have the Virgo Moon in 10th house too... :andy:

It's so weird that you attract this combinations. Virgo Moon in 10th house is rare, I never met anyone else that has it in this chart... also as another Scorpio ASC with Mars + Pluto in 1st house....

My ASC is 9° Scorpio.
Mars is 10° Scorpio
Pluto 28° Scorpio
Moon 0°45 Virgo
My North Node is in Libra

RubyTuesday

I have the Virgo Moon in 10th house too... :andy:

It's so weird that you attract this combinations. Virgo Moon in 10th house is rare, I never met anyone else that has it in this chart... also as another Scorpio ASC with Mars + Pluto in 1st house....

My ASC is 9° Scorpio.
Mars is 10° Scorpio
Pluto 28° Scorpio
Moon 0°45 Virgo
My North Node is in Libra

Yeah, see, my Sun would hit exact on your Pluto and my SN and MC are at 27°. What degree is your NN at? My moon is at 27° too... of Libra. So it's exactly semi-sextile my MC/SN and one degree from being exactly semi-sextile my Sun. My Pluto is at 3 degrees of Scorpio. So, sextile your Moon I guess. Oh, and why is Virgo Moon in the 10th rare? Or are you just saying you've never met anyone else with that placement? Do you know of any good articles on it you could link me to? I haven't found too much so far.

Last edited:

three M symbols

My North Node is at 26° Libra (12th H), and conjunct Mercury (20° Libra) (12th H). I only met one person with Virgo Moon in 10th H, so it's rare for me ^^
I couldn't find any good article about this placement in english, so I'll do you a synthesis based on my experience and articles I read in my langage

The first thing to know is that Moon is in exile in 10th house. Basic role of the Moon is to care for water things that belongs to 4th house (pure affective life, listen to emotions and feelings/"heart", enjoying family, private life, home, free time, etc). But Moon in 10th house is all about carreer, status, how unknown people see you, reputation, future/destiny.
So moon has to support pure material/structured things (and not just pure emotional life/roots and wellbeing)

Virgo Moon is ruled by Mercury (intellect), so it can make people prone to obsessive thoughts.. mainly about health matters : hypocondria, OCD, nosophobia, or eating disorders (moon rules food), etc..- 10th house represent how you're seen by unknown people, so it can also lead to social anxiety. Or in other cases, extreme fears of failure, extreme perfectionnism, burn outs..

Even if I have a Leo MC, I prefer to be not known and stay hidden. I don't have social media accounts, I don't care for recognition and approval of other people. (even if my work is an artistic one. What I want is just to know that I did a good work, in a concrete objective rational way. And I don't need other people to tell me what I should think about it. Even if they think it's good, It won't make me feel emotionaly secure. I need to feel it myself because I'm a very stubborn person (mars+pluto in 1st). Worsts nightmares of Virgo Moons in 10th house are things like unemployment, big failures, uselessness, lack of money/stability/ressources, unknown future, etc..

I can't really say what are the qualities of Virgo 10th H Moon, because I'm also a Virgo Sun. It's difficult for me to differentiate what belongs to my moon and what belongs to my sun, even if they are in differents house (my Sun is in 11th)

Virgo Moons have virgo traits in general I guess. They are good at improving concrete things, seeking solutions, seeing details, learning or teaching, writing, doing lists, helping people, hardwork, etc..

Moon in 10th house can represent several things, like "working with public"/ having a similar profession than one of your parents / working with women (represented by Moon) / or an important woman in your destiny

Last edited:

RubyTuesday

My North Node is at 26° Libra (12th H), and conjunct Mercury (20° Libra) (12th H). I only met one person with Virgo Moon in 10th H, so it's rare for me ^^
I couldn't find any good article about this placement in english, so I'll do you a synthesis based on my experience and articles I read in my langage

The first thing to know is that Moon is in exile in 10th house. Basic role of the Moon is to care for water things that belongs to 4th house (pure affective life, listen to emotions and feelings/"heart", enjoying family, private life, home, free time, etc). But Moon in 10th house is all about carreer, status, how unknown people see you, reputation, future/destiny.
So moon has to support pure material/structured things (and not just pure emotional life/roots and wellbeing)

Virgo Moon is ruled by Mercury (intellect), so it can make people prone to obsessive thoughts.. mainly about health matters : hypocondria, OCD, nosophobia, or eating disorders (moon rules food), etc..- 10th house represent how you're seen by unknown people, so it can also lead to social anxiety. Or in other cases, extreme fears of failure, extreme perfectionnism, burn outs..

Even if I have a Leo MC, I prefer to be not known and stay hidden. I don't have social media accounts, I don't care for recognition and approval of other people. (even if my work is an artistic one. What I want is just to know that I did a good work, in a concrete objective rational way. And I don't need other people to tell me what I should think about it. Even if they think it's good, It won't make me feel emotionaly secure. I need to feel it myself because I'm a very stubborn person (mars+pluto in 1st). Worsts nightmares of Virgo Moons in 10th house are things like unemployment, big failures, uselessness, lack of money/stability/ressources, unknown future, etc..

I can't really say what are the qualities of Virgo 10th H Moon, because I'm also a Virgo Sun. It's difficult for me to differentiate what belongs to my moon and what belongs to my sun, even if they are in differents house (my Sun is in 11th)

Virgo Moons have virgo traits in general I guess. They are good at improving concrete things, seeking solutions, seeing details, learning or teaching, writing, doing lists, helping people, hardwork, etc..

Moon in 10th house can represent several things, like "working with public"/ having a similar profession than one of your parents / working with women (represented by Moon) / or an important woman in your destiny

All of that sounds about right. I like the guy with Pluto in his first house that I've been talking to with a 10th house Virgo moon much better than the last because he had Venus in his first house. He was EXTREMELY judgemental and it all stemmed from a feeling of inadequacy within himself that he projects onto others. Plus, he was a Libra. They are bad about changing their minds and worrying about appearances. The guy with Pluto in his first is a Taurus Sun conjunct Saturn and opposing Scorpio Mars. He has a t square involving that opposition and Neptune is the focal planet in Aquarius. I'm not sure how to interpret different configurations like that yet though. I just know that I love it when guys are more private and quiet rather than loud and judgemental. I have quite a bit of ungrounded energy and Taurus and Cap tend to keep me grounded. My longest relationship was with a Virgo Sun, but the relationship lasted a lot longer than it should have. He had a huge stellium in Leo that squared my Nodal Axis. I guess that was the glue. And his Saturn was close to my AC. It turned toxic early on, but once I started getting close to my Saturn return (I had no idea that's why my life was being ripped apart at the time) I just couldn't stand the thought of being alone. So, I did anything to keep him. Those were not the best times. Anyway, how would someone know that you truly cared about them? I want to know how your moon functions in love. I'm 8th house 9th house cusp Libra Moon. I'm sickeningly nice even though that's entirely out of character for me usually. I'm just really generous and nice if I have a crush on someone. I like it when people pay attention to detail and remember things that I don't expect them to. That 8th house bit is basically echoed in other parts of my chart. I want to feel like I belong to someone and vice versa, but that's far from healthy. I've been trying to steer clear of that. Libra moons hate being single, but I usually am for years at a time. I guess it's Mars in the 12th problems. Idk. lol

three M symbols

Being extremely judgemental & stubborn (like people saying « I hate everyone/I hate everything ») seems more like a Scorpio ASC thing. People with strong Scorpio + Libra in their chart have to work on it, learn Libra qualities (like to be more tolerant with other people, learn to do compromises sometimes). It's easier to reject everyone for a scorpio ASC, because it's a way to never be betrayed, disappointed, and not suffer,.. etc. But if we do this with everyone, for just some insignificant details or ideas, we finish alone and isolated very quickly ^^'. This is a mecanism of someone that is already bad with himself/herself. Rejecting people and being extremely judgemental is like you said, stemmed from a feeling of inadequacy that we projects onto others.

Criticizing can also be a Virgo trait. But it vary depending on Mercury in the chart, and the aspects it does. Mine is in Libra and 12th house so I try to not say anything that can hurts people.
I won't lie and say the contrary of what I think, but sometimes just I prefer to shut up about the truth.

I don't know how a virgo Moon show he is attracted by someone. Libra Moon is a lot about love or relationships (it's libra role in the zodiac). But Virgo is not about that (especially in 10th house, the needs are more material/long term goals or intellectual).

It's the Scorpio ASC that can be obsessed with relationships. (or anything else), and the ASC will show directly he/she has a crush on you. (by their actions, if they are close from you (trying little physical contacts, spending a lot of time with you, or if they talk about sex and things like that.) If a Scorpio ASC with Mars in 1st house doesn't show he/she is interested by you, it's because he think you're not interested by him/her, or you already love someone else.

I don't really like Virgo men, but I like intellectual persons, able to have their own point of view on things, and being rational enough to understand how I think.

A Scorpio ASC with Mars in 1st will need a lot of independance. This placement make us being selfish and defensive. We care a lot about our private issues, private life, personal goals, personnal feelings and emotions, etc. Pluto in 1st house mean that in this life our personality traits will transform a lot. We will become another person, than the one we were in the beginning. And we will have to loose a lot of things to do it.
If planets are in 8th house, I guess relationship, possessivity, etc.. can be a main subject in people life.

Scorpio ASC has a Taurus DC, so in a serious relationship we like partners which have Taurus-like traits. Someone reliable, fix on his points of view, a little possessive (or showing exclusiveness), solid, intellectual/logic but also able to show love by his actions, someone passionate about what they like and what they do. (for example their hobbies, their projects, their family, etc..).
Someone that show we are important for him/her. But not too intrusive/not asking a bunch of clumsy or "dumb" questions. We don't like to have to justifiate and loose time to defend what is important for us. (I guess it can vary depending on Mars or Mercury aspects and placements).
An afflicted Mars can create conflicts with people, difficulties to use assertiveness, etc..

Last edited:

RubyTuesday

Being extremely judgemental & stubborn (like people saying « I hate everyone/I hate everything ») seems more like a Scorpio ASC thing. People with strong Scorpio + Libra in their chart have to work on it, learn Libra qualities (like to be more tolerant with other people, learn to do compromises sometimes). It's easier to reject everyone for a scorpio ASC, because it's a way to never be betrayed, disappointed, and not suffer,.. etc. But if we do this with everyone, for just some insignificant details or ideas, we finish alone and isolated very quickly ^^'. This is a mecanism of someone that is already bad with himself/herself. Rejecting people and being extremely judgemental is like you said, stemmed from a feeling of inadequacy that we projects onto others.

Criticizing can also be a Virgo trait. But it vary depending on Mercury in the chart, and the aspects it does. Mine is in Libra and 12th house so I try to not say anything that can hurts people.
I won't lie and say the contrary of what I think, but sometimes just I prefer to shut up about the truth.

I don't know how a virgo Moon show he is attracted by someone. Libra Moon is a lot about love or relationships (it's libra role in the zodiac). But Virgo is not about that (especially in 10th house, the needs are more material/long term goals or intellectual).

It's the Scorpio ASC that can be obsessed with relationships. (or anything else), and the ASC will show directly he/she has a crush on you. (by their actions, if they are close from you (trying little physical contacts, spending a lot of time with you, or if they talk about sex and things like that.) If a Scorpio ASC with Mars in 1st house doesn't show he/she is interested by you, it's because he think you're not interested by him/her, or you already love someone else.

I don't really like Virgo men, but I like intellectual persons, able to have their own point of view on things, and being rational enough to understand how I think.

A Scorpio ASC with Mars in 1st will need a lot of independance. This placement make us being selfish and defensive. We care a lot about our private issues, private life, personal goals, personnal feelings and emotions, etc. Pluto in 1st house mean that in this life our personality traits will transform a lot. We will become another person, than the one we were in the beginning. And we will have to loose a lot of things to do it.
If planets are in 8th house, I guess relationship, possessivity, etc.. can be a main subject in people life.

Scorpio ASC has a Taurus DC, so in a serious relationship we like partners which have Taurus-like traits. Someone reliable, fix on his points of view, a little possessive (or showing exclusiveness), solid, intellectual/logic but also able to show love by his actions, someone passionate about what they like and what they do. (for example their hobbies, their projects, their family, etc..).
Someone that show we are important for him/her. But not too intrusive/not asking a bunch of clumsy or "dumb" questions. We don't like to have to justifiate and loose time to defend what is important for us. (I guess it can vary depending on Mars or Mercury aspects and placements).
An afflicted Mars can create conflicts with people, difficulties to use assertiveness, etc..

Yeah... he's Scorpio mars, but right on the 12th house cusp. I'm 12th house Mars as well but it's in Aquarius. If 12th house functions for him like it does for me (his is even retrograde so, probably even moreso) he's not going to tell me how he actually feels or what he thinks until he feels like he absolutely has to and then it will be in what seems like a really inappropriate or rude way because the timing is always off. lol I'm also one who waits until the last minute to power through everything that needs to be done. Stress is a motivator. I get more done when I'm down to the last minute than any other time. 12th house mars also often has people talking about them behind their backs. Fear of backstabbers keep us from opening up. I'm telling you, what's really sad is that it doesn't matter how well you think you know someone or how much they seem to care, they can suprise you by talking trash about you behind your back... with that Mars in the 12th. I've got Scorpio on my MC too. People always assume the worst when you aren't an open book, but with placements like mine, I can't afford to be like that. It's dangerous. People get in my life for the sole purpose of ruining it is what it seems like sometimes. Idk, maybe it's just me and I'm paranoid. My Mars is within 5 degrees of my ascendant though and squaring Pluto. Misdirected anger and volatility is something I've been trying to control since birth. lol So, for 10th house Virgo moons, it's basically just an indicator that emotional security is dependent upon success in the career and financial stability and not so much to do with how they love? I read that Virgo Moons are good at loving people the way they want to be loved once they figure out what that person wants, but they don't typically understand why the person wants to be cared for in that particular way because it's not usually something they identify with. I guess it ties into Virgo service to others. When you love, you're helpful and/or willing to compromise. I wonder if it was a good description though.

three M symbols

"If 12th house functions for him like it does for me (his is even retrograde so, probably even mores) he's not going to tell me how he actually feels or what he thinks until he feels like he absolutely has to "
I think no matter Mars placement in houses, Scorpios could be secretive and not tell easily about the things that can make them vulnerable (their feelings).

Mars in 12th is known to represent "hidden ennemies".
And Mars bad aspects (square, oppositions, etc), attract conflicts with people in general. Without this kind of aspects, the Scorpio can just be his/her own ennemy.

I don't know if the way you see Virgo Moon is the same as mine. Virgo just like to do concrete things, give their knowledge/improve their skills/help people to improve.

I don't always love people the way they want, I guess. But I think I understand people well from an emotional point of view (Mercury in 12th h + scorpio things). It take a lot of time to know people and enjoy relationships at their best. But if you are in my life since a long time and I trust you, I'll start to do compromises. Otherwise, I'll protect all my things

I could even be able to help people that I don't like, because I like human in general (sun in 11th - conjunct Venus that is in Libra)

But if love is passion/toxic love, it's different because we can become crazy and destructive/autodestructive.
Too loyal with the wrong person

Last edited:

RubyTuesday

"If 12th house functions for him like it does for me (his is even retrograde so, probably even mores) he's not going to tell me how he actually feels or what he thinks until he feels like he absolutely has to "
I think no matter Mars placement in houses, Scorpios could be secretive and not tell easily about the things that can make them vulnerable (their feelings).

Mars in 12th is known to represent "hidden ennemies".
And Mars bad aspects (square, oppositions, etc), attract conflicts with people in general. Without this kind of aspects, the Scorpio can just be his/her own ennemy.

I don't know if the way you see Virgo Moon is the same as mine. Virgo just like to do concrete things, give their knowledge/improve their skills/help people to improve.

I don't always love people the way they want, I guess. But I think I understand people well from an emotional point of view (Mercury in 12th h + scorpio things). It take a lot of time to know people and enjoy relationships at their best. But if you are in my life since a long time and I trust you, I'll start to do compromises. Otherwise, I'll protect all my things

I could even be able to help people that I don't like, because I like human in general (sun in 11th - conjunct Venus that is in Libra)

But if love is passion/toxic love, it's different because we can become crazy and destructive/autodestructive.
Too loyal with the wrong person

Then maybe it is all my Scorpio placements that cause me to fear vulnerability, but that afflicted mars is attracting the wrong people. My Moon is also conjunct Pluto squaring Mars, but I'm still really confused about out of sign aspects. Some people never count them, but when people do, they never seem to explain the difference between them and an in sign aspect. I haven't found any good explanation of out of sign aspects and I have searched for a very long time now. I've got a Libra moon in the 8th house, but it's within conjunction to my 9th house Scorpio Pluto. Moon is at 27♎ and Pluto is at 3♏. I feel like I've always had a Hades moon. People constantly project their Pluto onto me and it took me a very long time to understand what was REALLY happening. If I hadn't found astrology then I would have never understood why people react to me the way that they do. Either they trust me with their deepest darkest secrets within minutes or they don't and eventually come to think that I'm whatever their Pluto wants me to be. Sometimes that's not bad, but scary. Other times it's just all the things they hate about themselves rolled into one. Their shadow self. They never truly see ME though. I wish I had Neptune in the first instead. 😭 We can't all be blessed to be everyone's fantasy though I suppose! lol Do you know of any good sources of info on out of sign aspects? Do you take them into consideration?

three M symbols

I don't count "out of sign" aspects. But I read that when a planet is at the end of a sign it's an inheritence of past lives. A kind of energy we already knew. So, it can be more difficult to deal with planets at the begining of a sign (lack of experience can plays out as immaturity, inconsciousness, stress, and a lot of other bad things.)

Gemini888

It's rare for me to obtain a full birth chart of anyone, so I'm going to base my experience on Sun sign alone. I seem to realize over the year that I tend to attract a lot of earthy energy. Out of the earth sign, Capricorn is the sign with the best people. Virgo can be great too but there aren't as many people as Cap. Taurus is hit-and-miss. My experience with Taurus is that they can be very stuck up in their way. I like the company of some Taurus, but when it comes to conflict, this is what turns me off.

About other signs, it's hit-and-miss too. I find some Gemini just unpleasant to be around (even as a Gem). Aries always has some kind of heat around them; some can control themselves, others just let it burn. Leo can either be the most caring people around or some self-centered know-it-all, same goes for Aqua. Sagittarius are just too protective of their ideas, similar to Taurus.

(Yeah, I think I do come off as rather judgemental. I also have some Virgo in me too :bandit:)