Astrology survey

peachagirl

post got removed from r/astrology haha

remove if not allowed, but to clarify Im asking sun, moon, rising, venus and dominant element so my data won't be 'Faulty'
Hi all
I've made a quick survey for a psychology paper. I'm interested in patterns in astrology.
also if anyone has the time id really appreciate helping any less astrologically inclined people you know to do the survey because I want to compare people who believe to people who don't.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Resp...q2WmXgF1UQ0w0NkxXSk1NM0FXTkVZREI1U0xVWkJUNS4u

sorry for my bad writing English isn't my first language.
I'll also post any interesting results I find.
thankyou if you take the time.

Harmelia

Honestly, I don't know what you hope to accomplish with the survey. I looked at it and I just don't get what you hope to show or prove by it. I don't think you can compare people who believe with people who don't believe in astrology by looking at their planetary placements. I do a lot of research and I just don't see it. Plus, anyone who doesn't believe in astrology will not be able to answer these questions and won't take the survey. I think you'd do much better to have a survey about people's beliefs and ask questions about why they believe or don't believe in astrology. You'd get more interesting answers, I'd think. People don't believe usually have no knowledge of astrology but don't believe because they don't believe in any kind of ESP or psychic or spiritual stuff. Often they are scientists and don't have all the facts about what astrology is. Of they are very religious and they were taught that astrology is evil. I'm sure there's a lot of reasons. Often, they are concrete thinkers and don't believe in any kind of existence beyond the physical life - no spirit, no soul, no life after death. The more interesting survey would be about how these people have come to be "closed" to the idea that astrology is a valid science. There is a closed mind in these matters. WHY? Maybe they just never met anyone who knows astrology well enough to present it well.

Last edited:

peachagirl

Honestly, I don't know what you hope to accomplish with the survey. I looked at it and I just don't get what you hope to show or prove by it. I don't think you can compare people who believe with people who don't believe in astrology by looking at their planetary placements. I do a lot of research and I just don't see it. Plus, anyone who doesn't believe in astrology will not be able to answer these questions and won't take the survey. I think you'd do much better to have a survey about people's beliefs and ask questions about why they believe or don't believe in astrology. You'd get more interesting answers, I'd think. People don't believe usually have no knowledge of astrology but don't believe because they don't believe in any kind of ESP or psychic or spiritual stuff. Often they are scientists and don't have all the facts about what astrology is. Of they are very religious and they were taught that astrology is evil. I'm sure there's a lot of reasons. Often, they are concrete thinkers and don't believe in any kind of existence beyond the physical life - no spirit, no soul, no life after death. The more interesting survey would be about how these people have come to be "closed" to the idea that astrology is a valid science. There is a closed mind in these matters. WHY? Maybe they just never met anyone who knows astrology well enough to present it well.
Thank you for your reply I really appreciate the feedback and advice, my explanation was fairly brief is I understand it's not very clear but honestly, the objective of the survey is dependant on the results I can get (at the moment none for people who believe in astrology)

as for people who don't 'believe' I'm doing the placements for them and using a different survey.

the purpose (keep in mind this is worth 10% of a grade and shouldn't be taken too seriously its manly for the maths)

Im looking into Social priming which refers to a now classic psychological phenomenon where the activation of one social concept in memory can elicit changes in behavior, physiology, or self-reports of a related social concept without conscious awareness.

search

I would do ANOVA Statistic test An ANOVA test is a way to find out if survey or experiment results are significant. In other words, they help you to figure out if you need to reject the null hypothesis or accept the alternate hypothesis. Basically, you're testing groups to see if there's a difference between them.

So I would measure variance in the people who do believe in astrology of a certain group eg Cancer moon ( I know this is a terrible generalization)

then measure their qualities find the mean say on average they rate themselves a 4

then do the same with cancers moons who don't believe in astrology
they might have an average of 4 too

run an ANOVA test and it'll give me the stats if I can accept or reject the hypothesis because it can measure all the data

search

because most people disregard astrology because of social priming I'm wanting to prove that it isn't just social priming

I know this isn't an accurate measurement of astrology because the survey isn't in-depth enough to provide accurate results I originally posted it in another thread that wasn't as serious but it got moved. but from all the results of people who don't believe in astrology I've actually got some very interesting data so yeah hopefully I can entice someone to do this survey but it seems unlikely haha.

Harmelia

Thanks for the deeper explanation. I'm chuckling. I still don't see how this will prove anything at all. I personally won't be taking the survey. But good luck on your project.

Kite

post got removed from r/astrology haha

remove if not allowed, but to clarify Im asking sun, moon, rising, venus and dominant element so my data won't be 'Faulty'
Hi all
I've made a quick survey for a psychology paper. I'm interested in patterns in astrology.
also if anyone has the time id really appreciate helping any less astrologically inclined people you know to do the survey because I want to compare people who believe to people who don't.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Resp...q2WmXgF1UQ0w0NkxXSk1NM0FXTkVZREI1U0xVWkJUNS4u

sorry for my bad writing English isn't my first language.
I'll also post any interesting results I find.
thankyou if you take the time.

I'm going to say you will see a correlation of people who don't know their planets placements with those who don't believe or don't know astrology. The inverse will be true with people who know their signs to those who believe in astrology. The other questions seems like you're trying to tie traits to planetary positions which is a problem because house positions and aspects among many other things will color character different ways.

May I suggest that you include a link to one of the sites where someone can determine their planetary positions by entering their birth data. Stick to believers vs. unbelievers and ask some demographic questions like age, religion, satisfaction in life perhaps. Then relate believers to those qualities vs. unbelievers or something like that.

Anyway, food for thought.