Indication of laziness in a natal chart?

chris

Which planets or aspects in a natal chart could possibly indicate being lazy? I am constantly told I am really lazy, but there are aspects in my chart that indicate me being very active.

Any help?

Tamara

i think we should look at the first house and for energetical potential at mars`s sigh and house placement with it`s aspects...
my best friend is really lazy and slow in almost everything...she`s got taurus rising, and mars in virgo in the 4th house conjunct saturn...

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

12th house planets def., neptune esp. badly aspected. 2nd housse planets can be slow to move, the moon also. I think a afflicted saturn also cuz it reduces

Which planets or aspects in a natal chart could possibly indicate being lazy? I am constantly told I am really lazy, but there are aspects in my chart that indicate me being very active.

Any help?

You need to attach your chart as a thumbnail as I cannot access/view your chart :sad:

If you sun is conj Saturn for example will slow, delay or frustrate the natal sun's expressions. Maybe something in taurus or taurus Asc/moon/sun.

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Beginning to Study Astrology
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154469&postcount=10
http://www.soulhealing.com/tutorialwest.htm

How to attach a chart as thumbnail
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

melosine

This might not be in your chart, but I've been told an indication of having no fire signs in a chart or probably taurus aspects would cause laziness. I have both and I can be pretty lazy.

My BFF's chart====> Taurus Rising, No Fire Sign

Finished 1 Triathlon, 8 Marathons, 1 Iron Man
Goes to gym 2 x a day...early morning or after work and every lunch time. Has a stellium in 5th house, Uranus, Pluto & Mars conj Moon.

I personally know 2 friends both Libra Sun (no birth time), both lawyers, very good at delegating their work. 1 personally told me that he went to college to learn how to delegate and not be a peon. Will you count that as lazy? Also, very good at taking credit of other's work.

My aunt and cousin are Libra Sun (no birth time). Both are very lazy and moves like a turtle but very elegant looking.

Pan

A debilitated Sun gives tendency to laziness; that's why many Librans are lazy. :smile:

Yes, you were right, I'm a Libran, and also my Sun is in Libra. I'm always lazy and lack of energy. :sleeping:

Vista

My BFF's chart====> Taurus Rising, No Fire Sign

Finished 1 Triathlon, 8 Marathons, 1 Iron Man
Goes to gym 2 x a day...early morning or after work and every lunch time. Has a stellium in 5th house, Uranus, Pluto & Mars conj Moon.

I personally know 2 friends both Libra Sun (no birth time), both lawyers, very good at delegating their work. 1 personally told me that he went to college to learn how to delegate and not be a peon. Will you count that as lazy? Also, very good at taking credit of other's work.

My aunt and cousin are Libra Sun (no birth time). Both are very lazy and moves like a turtle but very elegant looking.

I can see why your friend was an athlete, Mars conjunct, square or oppose Uranus/Pluto conjunction is very common in athletes. Given that it's located in the 5th house, even more so. I would think this would out weigh the Taurus rising. In fact, I have a friend who is Taurus rising too, and she is an athlete as well. Of course she has Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto in her 5th house, so there you go.

isismagdalenne

I feel like my saturn rising weighs down my movement and then attatched to my capricorn sun really brings my energy level DOWN. I do have bursts of high energy (here and there) coming from my aries moon I can only guess. but that saturn rising seems to be a real problem for me in this area, its rising in virgo to which really makes the earth in my chart heavy I think. my mars is conjunct the cappy moon too they are both in my 5th. I dont know if energy level and laziness are the same thing but Ive always wondered if I am fatigued or lazy.

Phoenix Venus

weak or detriment planets, especially sun mars and saturn (especially when conflicting personal planets)

also, lots of trines and sextiles without many squares or oppositions (natural energy but no work required or driving force to put them into good use)

MSO

Indications of laziness: How far into Libra is the Sun?

Lol just kiddin' just kiddin'. But I seen someone say Libras are lazy and move like turtles. I think you're confusing us for Taurus. Common misconception, but there's an easy way to tell the difference. If the slow-orbiting object is indeed slow, and not just lazy, they would have an elliptical orbit that focuses in the kitchen, with the far end passing through the bed. Whereas a fast-moving but lazy object would have an extremely wide orbit and would pass through each of your neighbors houses before returning home cheerful and full of smiles and briefly crossing paths with the Taurus orbit, which the Taurus lazily ignores as it finishes off the last chocolate ice pop and heads for the hibernation den.

Haha, jokes aside though...

When looking for the cause of laziness, you must first define what laziness really is. For example, what you may consider to be lazy (won't work, won't get an education) may in fact be a social anxiety. Or it may be the person has low energy, such as lethargy/fatigue. The person may be non-competitive and reactive to life, which would result in a more laid-back "it'll come to me if I wait long enough" outlook. Or they could just not have any drive.

I think if, instead of looking for one thing that causes laziness (anything ruled by Venus :innocent:), you looked for individual problems, that may or may not be the result of each other, you could be a lot more accurate.

For example, you might find a person who has a high level of anxiety, and possibly a fear of failure. Over time, this leads to a social anxiety disorder, where the person is afraid of being in public. This anxiety eventually takes a physical toll on your body, which leads to feelings of fatigue. This in turn makes you depressed, furthering your descent into lethargy and lack of motivation. And now that you're too afraid to leave your house, too drained to even care, and too depressed to try to get help, you become "lazy."

Of course that's just one example, and I'm not a psychiatrist. From the ponderings of a so-called Lazy Libra who spends most of his day trying to find stuff to do :sleeping:

Gah I forgot what I'm talking about. Something about poking Tauruses... Well anyways. Yeah. *poke*

Phoenix Venus

well said, MSO.

another "lazy libran" who agrees with you.

Also, some people might be lazy about certain things and this could be indicated in the chart as well.

for example, an artist might be labeled lazy because he might not get out and be steadfast towards gaining money and building a career, while inside his mind he might be going a million miles a minute with ideas and spending a large amounts of time focused on his artwork..

as with a lot of questions like these "what indicates [this or that attribute]" it all really depends on the certain chart and how the energies interact with one another to create these attributes in people.. and there can be a numerous amount of differing causes. combining the indicators together gives you a fuller picture of the overall energetic state of the person.

Joz

I think that Libra's energies are searching for balance, with spurts of great energy followed by periods of rest. Could be perceived as lazy or industrious - depends on when you catch them!

dr. farr

0.7 re
In addition to that Mars/Pluto-in-Libra connection, the time of your birth, according to the Meridian clock (translated into the Western zodiac) is under Aries!

07.Re

Any help?

Chris just another thought I had....

It could be that the person asking you to do jobs or chores which you don't really want to do (and therefore have no motivation for), interprets your lack of motivation as 'being lazy'.

Could you give us some more information as to who says this and when?

MSO

Chris just another thought I had....

It could be that the person asking you to do jobs or chores which you don't really want to do (and therefore have no motivation for), interprets your lack of motivation as 'being lazy'.

Or the person could be a Leo and/or Virgo that just wants you to work for them/clean harder.

I tend to ignore those types, especially Leo women (not being sexist, they're just a lot bossier than the men in my experience), no doubt owing to my Ascendant/Venus in Leo :whistling:

But on a personal note, and I'll probably get flamed for this, but if the person demanding you to do things has Leo on the ascendant or is a Leo Sun, stop trying to accommodate them. They'll use you as a personal servant. My mother and sister both have Leo ascendants. They're both lazy as heck and order me to do things for them, calling me lazy the entire time in the process. And don't get me started on the Leo janitor I worked with... she was always trying to get me to mop the floors for her. I was a baker. Lol!

Just do whatever you want. :)