Jealousy/Possessiveness

I looked for Leo's Jealousy and here is an interesting quote by Liz Greene (Astrology for Lovers, p.132)

"Of course, he needs something in exchange for all that loyalty. For one thing, he needs loyalty in return. Leo, male or female, is a jealous cat, and won't tolerate smaller fry pursuing his chosen mate. he can be very obvious and not a little rude about insulting or removing challengers. In a way he enjoys the contest, provided he's on safe ground, since this kind of knightly combat suits his image. We he endure is betrayal, which is deeply wounding and rarely forgiven. Leo has a naive heart, and a wonderfully soaing idealism. Betrayal of trust is truly horrific to him. Where Capricorn expects it and Scorpio suspects it constantly, Leo simply can't believe it".

Hi Neptune,

I have noticed when someones jealous and they try to cover it up with an "I don't care" attitude. When it's so obvious that that they "do care" :biggrin:. Aww bless their jealous souls. I admit to my jealousy most of the time. And you feel vulnerable and insecure in the eyes of your partner if you admit these feelings of jealousy. I think people are conscious of how jealousy makes them appear. The Internet can stir up feelings of jealousy, when you are talking online for hours with members the opposite sex and adding them as friends. I read a few stories last year about morbid jealousy involving face book. Some people do check a partner's emails and internet activity, obsessively. I would feel this is an invasion of privacy, but what if you found out they were becoming very friendly with someone on the net.

Hi Little Miss,

With Leo's it's definitely offended dignity, they like being top cat. And each sign really does have a different reason for being jealous or possessive. Taureans like stability and they won't have anything/anyone threatening the safety and stability of a happy secure relationship in any form. I am still thinking on Cancers insecurity some more, and I will read up more on that sign :smile:

Hi Teb,

I don't hate feeling jealous but you can be left feeling in a weak position. however, some jealous people can be the most passionate lovers. Maybe because feelings are powerful, it depends. I found a past partner cold in bed even with jealousy present. I think it had more to do with his :sun: :venus: :mars: in :aries: opposite :saturn: it affected the way he expressed himself in all areas. If I thought about my man with someone else, it would stir jealous feelings. If my partner talked to his ex wife again it would stir up jealous feelings even more. They have been connected emotionally and sexually, what if they decided to pick up where they left off. Do you think all jealousy has to be unhealthy/unnatural? :smile:

Thinking about it, my partner might get jealous seeing me on this blue forum all the time :biggrin:. I have my back to him, totally engrossed in our discussions.

Last edited:

Aruilly

Imagine a square between Pluto in Scorpio and Venus in Leo, that would be dramatic, intense, and incredibly loyal (Leo). I wouldn't betray them!!

I was thinking about other aspects too for jealousy/possessiveness. And Sun-Pluto, I have seen in intense relationships. Pluto in 7th house can have a Plutonian partner, or vise versa.

I was also thinking about Scorpio's jealousy in terms of fate. I have a Venus conjunct Pluto partner, Scorpio rising. He tells me I am his soul mate and we are meant to be together. I think those statements are binding, and I don't believe in one soul mate, I believe in many. I do believe relationships can have a fated quality due to my own Venus-Pluto. However, I feel uncomfortable when someone says I am their soul mate and brings in fate. I find Scorpio energy most prone to these statements. Scorpio's love does take on that meant to be quality. If you don't return those feelings, it can get uncomfortable when they want the same commitment back. I could be alone on this and others might believe in one soul mate. Some countries thrive on jealousy and passionate relationships, it's like their national custom. I wonder what aspects these countries have.

Oh I don't need to imagine at all :biggrin: I'm a drama queen so I've been told, but when I'm betrayed I take it quite well actually. I don't even plot revenge and that's pretty notable for my pluto singleton.

Funny, you mention Sun-Pluto and 7th house pluto, I know someone with this and sheesh, not only does he have plutonic partners, but he is plutonic himself so needless to say it ends badly some times really badly. What I see is that he tries to dominate people and so he ends up being a power struggle magnet.

Scorpios feels so intensely don't they and if you think that their life is always full of death/rebirth I think I can understand why they would be so passionate about the idea of a life partner. Scorps know that things end, life changes, we change so the idea of a love for life which is essentially what we want from a "soul mate" is actually romantic :lol:

smilingsteph

I looked for Leo's Jealousy and here is an interesting quote by Liz Greene (Astrology for Lovers, p.132)

" Betrayal of trust is truly horrific to him. Where Capricorn expects it and Scorpio suspects it constantly, Leo simply can't believe it".

Totally true!

Still in disbelief they seem to live in a world of not ever believing it, which leads to constant disappointment. They seem to be unable to change the situation.
Having a leo friend (triple leo) he is abused by people all of the time, and everytime he still cannot believe that it has happened. What can wake these lions from their naive slumber?
He is very possessive of what is his, but still dosent see that it never was his, such as his current relationship.
It could also be that neptune figures strongly in his chart as well.

Karina

An interesting topic and being a Leo sun with scorpio rising I can honestly say that I do get jealous. However I do feel that insecurities are the main cause. I have a habit of picking emotionaly detatched boyfriends which is the last thing I need. Leos love to be in love and they realy do give their all and shine very brightly, so yes they are offended when the partner does not join in or reciprocate. They are romantic and realy dont understand when others arent. My scorpio asc increases the intensity for emotional connection and my Libran moon needs some reflection. I have to say though that when I feel secure within a relationship I rarely feel jealous and I think that is with the kind of guy who knows how to communicate and express himself in a very honest and real way.

BOOGY99

Moon-Mars emotionally independent, and I would have thought fiercely protective of those you love, while maybe keeping your need for independence. I think Cancer seeks to hold on tight for emotional security. Have you experienced anyone being over protective or domestic quarrels breaking out. I am not saying you have to be jealous with these signs because there are other signs and aspects which may dominate. I think if we discuss Cancers needs in a relationship we might understand why they hold on tightly to others. My mum had Moon in Cancer square Mars, and she was protective with us. If someone picked on us at school, she was up there fighting our battles. And she was really touchy emotionally too. I am too in a :pisces: Neptunian way, and have my own emotional storms from time to time. You will have to let me know how you express the :moon: :mars: conjunction in Cancer
That is true, I am emotionally independent, but swing to being vulnerable, but I don’t associate, that with jealously.
I am very protective of people/pets I care for and I hate unfairness.
My early childhood was an every day occurrence of domestic quarrels, me starting them.
I can be very sensitive, but can swing to being unemotional, strange really.
I would say I express my moon conj mars in cancer 10th with emotional outbursts especially when I was younger, but am mellowing as I age lol

Hi Smilingsteph,

It looks like we have pinned down Leo's jealousy. Although reading Liz Greene's interpretation it seems they get pretty catty :biggrin: towards a perceived rival. Meow Leo's. I have always seen their warm and generous sides. I guess Capricorn is more realistic and Scorpio instinctively knows what people are capable of.

Hi Karina,

I do find Leo a romantic sign. My partner has Moon in Leo and he can be warm and affectionate. He likes to feel appreciated for his efforts too. Only because he is generous with his gifts etc. Although he has Sun in Virgo with Asc Scorpio and he also very private too. He rationalizes a lot through. One big thing is that is he over idealistic at times. I had a report done for him, and it picked out this trait of his. He is a mixture of qualities. Your right if you are with a guy who appears more true in his affections there is no need to feel insecure, and your jealousy won't be a problem all the time. A partner needs to understand your needs too. :smile:

Hi Boogy,

I do think Cancer possessiveness or insecurity is different from Scorpio's jealousy. Your right Cancer has a lot to do with vulnerability and feeling secure. I will look up some more information on Cancer and find out why this sign is linked to possessiveness. One of the primary emotions I noticed with a moon in Cancer mother was the need to to be needed. However, this did clash with her own independent needs (Moon-Mars). And she got angry if she felt her own needs were not being met as well. It is a mix of vulnerability, neediness and emotional independence in one combination. Aries (ruler Mars) and Cancer (Moon) do square natally so I guess there will always be some conflict, you have a water trine too, there is some ease there.

I found some interesting things out about Cancer, and discovered now where my mother's destructive criticism comes from. For a long time, I have looked for this trait astrologically in her natal chart. I made the very big mistake of being too literal in my astrology and never suspected the sensitive watery part of her personality to be the culprit!! That was an eye opener, slaps my hand for not studying properly. :biggrin:

This is what she say for Cancer's possessiveness in "Astrology for Lovers" p.306. This seems to be my only source book at the moment, but I recommend this book, it is the most insightful book you will read on signs and it's really cheap to buy online at Amazon for your studies.

"Cancer, a sign of intense feeling needs, has a strong tendency to live through loved ones. Eternal fidelity. Cancer is a possessive sign - as possessive as Scorpio is traditionally. But Cancer is more subtle about it".

On p.307

"Cancer is as capable of intense passion as Scorpio. But because it is a more vulnerable sign, Cancer tends to be more discriminating about where that passion is expressed. And very slow to commit it, because trust is terribly important for all the water signs."

On P.308

[deleted more than 3 quotes per post - Moderator]

I love Cancer's they are sweet natured, my best friend was a Cancer.

Last edited by a moderator:

LuluBelle

I'm a Cancer. I had major problems with jealousy when I was younger. I never felt jealous of my childrens "other parents" because we all need second moms and dads when our own can't fulfill all. I do not hold onto my children, they hold onto me. I encourage them go/grow, live your own life. I offer opinions about grandchildren and then shut mouth and back off.

I think Capricorns Moons can be jealous, but will never admit it!!!!

Last edited:

gaer

Hi Boogy,

I do think Cancer possessiveness or insecurity is different from Scorpio's jealousy.
I am thinking that perhaps possessiveness and jealousy are different manifestations of insecurity. In the end, it all comes down to fear, the fear of losing something.

Perhaps if we talk about signs, the big thing is how these various feelings are expressed. :)

But what we are really looking for is fear/insecurity, because that's where all the shadows come from.

whammy:kiss

I'm actually new here, but I was drawn to this thread due to me having definite jealousy/territorial issues with my boyfriend. I'm an Aquarius but I'm a Scorpio rising and my moon is also in Scorpio. My chart is pretty much half Aquarius, half Scorpio--pretty strange. I haven't been jealous with every boyfriend, but the minute I think of them being with someone else; I go red! My Aquarian side kicks in if the boyfriend is jealous that I'm hanging out with another guy or possessive of me--I instantly rebel and want my own time to do whatever. However, I'm still very conscious of my significant others feelings, and worry constantly if I'm hurting their feelings. My current boyfriend told me a couple months ago that he was catching up with an old friend from school, and that they were going to get lunch. I got extremely jealous and angry but I tried not to show it. I asked why he had never mentioned her, because that instantly struck me as odd. He explained she was an old friend, and that he was just catching up with her and that she found him on facebook. I bottled up this anger and it turned to resentment, and I blew up at him about this, a couple days ago. This stupid trivial thing turned into me making irrational assumptions, like him lining up someone new to date since I'm moving out of state fairly soon. Aghh! It's a curse feeling this way, I'm telling you! :crying:

Kerrie

My ex had a Scorpio Moon he thought that he was 100% right thinking I was cheating via the internet on him. When in fact I was just on astrology websites? lol. Oh and when we would go to a club together he was on fire trying to kill everyone with his eyes that looked at me. We didnt go to clubs much.

I have my 7th in Libra and Uranus in the 7th in Scorpio... I think this is the aspect that makes me not want to give up after a relationship... I get all weird and I like to go and see what they are doing when they dont know. I actually I even told my ex once when we were together I went to his house to check up on him. The police told me to stop so I dont do it anymore, lmao :biggrin:.

My experience Scorpio Moons are the worst when you are in a relationship! Out of the relationship maybe a planet in Scorpio in the 7th (like me). I told my ex when we were together I would hunt down his future gf if I found out he had one. Not sure if I would... you never know.

Çedyze

I'm the most jealous/possessive person I know or have even heard of. The person I'm with cannot even deem another person attractive in passing without stirring up intense jealousy! Luckily my fiance doesn't seem to mind this and he says it makes him feel "secure and loved" (his moon's in Cancer so it works!). But its always caused extreme issues in my relationships previously. Its extreme to the utmost and very intense, and I have little control over it. Its almost unbearable to live with at times and I wish it were different...

When I break up, even if I no longer love the person... I am extremely possessive. Its not that I even care about the individual, but the thought of them being with someone else..the thought of someone else having what I had ENRAGES me and that's what makes breaking up the hardest for me. I still to this day cannot hear about the people I was once with having new love interests and I'm engaged now! I unfortunately hold all sorts of grudges when it comes to romance.

I am so paranoid too.. always need reassurance that my fiance will never betray me with someone else (I think murder would actually ensue), fantasize about someone else, hell, even LOOK at someone else. I read in this thread that Cancerians are subtle about it, but that is NOT me, lol. I'm very forward when it comes to my jealousy issues...

I am so very possessive, no idea why because I don't have a lot of Scorpio in me. But I've been told by my sister that I'm like a psychotic Scorpio when it comes to this! :bandit: I guess this comes from the Venus/Mars conjunction, square Pluto.. plus the fact that I do have a rather strong Pluto, and its in Scorpio. *sigh* The intensity of it all.

Know what else I'm jealous of? People who aren't jealous! They must have it easy! :pinched:

I should also note that I don't think my boyfriend is possessive enough, and he's rather possessive. For some reason I love possessive, jealous and dominate men..? Its warped I know, but I like my relationships to be seriously intense and intimate and I don't want anyone intruding on it, not even for a second!

Attachments

• birthchart.jpg
    birthchart.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

I second that emotion 100% cedyze...I don't even like when my boyfriend tells me he thinks a celebrity is attractive--it doesn't make any difference to me if they're ever going to cross paths in real life! My pluto is in scorpio too...it's definitely hard to manage such strong feelings. And I've had an argument with my boyfriend about him never getting posessive or jealous over me :crying: It made me feel very unwanted.

HeyPlayGirl

haha i remember that dr. phill episode.
anyway i am a scorpio rising and yes i am very jealous in relationships and when i was younger i was jealous of friendships too!! if i found out my "best friend" had more than 1 bff i would be so jealous and i would somehow turn my best friend against the other friend, even if she was nice! but then the next day i'd turn around and claim i had 3 or 4 bffs so i was a total possessive hypocrite! haha so yeah scorpios are definitely #1 (i'm so over that though!) and #2 would definitely be leos but in a different way. i remember me and a leo named "J" (sun/mars/mercury in leo& moon in cancer) had lunch and the waitress complimented me but not her and i swear "J's" face just turned into a snarl for a second. so totally jealous and for a stupid reason.

ive never met a jealous sag, pisces, or aries though!
oh and btw if anyone ever shows even the slightest bit of jealousy with me,i freak. haha i just hate being tied down or treated like property. jealousy is yucky!

Last edited:
Thanks for all your views and experience on this topic; you have plenty of personal insight, which is what I wanted. I did read all water signs are possessive; I was trying to let my Pisces planets off the hook (bad joke). I have never found Pisces to be as jealous as the other two water signs. Pisces is a fantasy prone sign, and cheats in the imagination; I can imagine myself with all types of people. Pisces doesn't seem to hold on as tightly to a partner as other signs. I guess if they did, they would use other tactics. My Moon in Scorpio boyfriend, used the "I will commit suicide if you leave", the whole self-destruct mechanism of Scorpio, I never believed him. If he did commit suicide it would be in revenge not that he misses me. We had a love-hate relationship, I loved to hate him; I do wonder how he has treated other partners. My boyfriends don't have real names now, they are astrology symbols :lol:.

Vista

I think that sometimes the Venus Pluto can be projected onto partners in term of Jealousy. Does anyone know if Venus sextile or trine Pluto can create these jealous feelings too?

My personal experience with Scorpios is that they can be jealous but most of the time will hide it. They are very passive aggressive at times, especially with relationships. They will never forget either...

I have Cancer Moon and when I was younger I could be very jealous. I think it was the Cancer insecurity. It doesn't happen very often anymore. I believe my Cap Sun, Aquarious Mercury, Sag Venus, and Aries Asc are much more prominent now.

"My personal experience with Scorpios is that they can be jealous but most of the time will hide it. They are very passive aggressive at times, especially with relationships. They will never forget either..."

Vista, I totally agree with that--I'm passive aggressive with jealousy. I hate being confronted about it, and I get really humiliated when my significant other gets annoyed by my jealousy. Nothing kills my pride more than appearing vulnerable :sad:

And I most certainly NEVER forget. If I'm wronged; I'll always be watching and analyzing.