Mars in Detriment = More competitive

filly

Hi Leon,

I am not saying all this is definite, but another example is Hitler who had three planets in Taurus including Mars in Taurus (detriment), maybe his Scorpion destructive shadow side was playing out. I am not sure what it means, it may not mean anything significant, you are always best coming to your own conclusions. The traditional reading of planets in detriment are right all I am saying is I have seen a lot of charts with Mars in Libra/Taurus who have been very competitive. I never find Mars in Taurus or Libra to be weak. Strong Librians in particular I have found to be argumentative even though they claim to want fairness, equality and justice etc, but in some cases they become the instigators of arguments. I am not saying it's done maliciously but they are unconscious of it, and if you say anything about it they get angry at you :D. I am a Pisces maybe my Shadow Virgo criticism, and nit picking is coming out.

Hi Shining Ray! :)

Hilter had Mars in Taurus but it was conjunct the Star Caput Algol!:alien:
This Star is all about war, violence and horrors but it gives a lot of power/stamina to the native! So it's not just in Taurus...

Quote:
General influence of the star: It causes misfortune, violence,
decapitation, hanging, electrocution and mob violence, and gives a
dogged and violent nature that causes death to the native or others. It
is the most evil star in the heavens. (Robson).
Poor teeth. Brutality and violence.

With Mars: or if Mars be elevated above the luminaries when Algol is
angular, the native will be a murderer who will come to an untimely
end. The same is caused by Algol angular or with the hyleg. (Robson).
---------------------------------------------------------------

I have Mars in Pisces at 28.32dgr (5/6H cusp) widely conjunct Venus in Aries 6H (some say that with the wide conjunctions the individual won't feel the kick of the close conjunction but will have more staying power-more durable effect). Trines Moon in Cancer at the MC and Juno in Scorpio.

I used to be a sports girl and no matter what sport I was highly competitive, specially with boys!:D Still am...
There was only one boy in my class that run faster than me, but then he was much older(and bigger). Loved to play football too!
Karting competition? Oh my! Everyone tells me that when I run I look like a man and I kick everyone out the road...loosing points of course and being called dangerous!:innocent:

The thing is that I don't grow much muscle, no matter how much sport I do! I'm strong for my size but always keep a feminine softness and I'm wirey.

Working, I have great endurance! I can work day and night if I choose to and still go dacing like crazy...That's how I keep fit nowadays.
Whatever I do at work I have to do better then the others or at least match! I guess I always have to prove myself to myself!(specially with Saturn in the 10H= I know I have to work harder than others to be recognised).
I hate violence, but I can deffend myself/and the weeker ones and I'm quite fearless too...
So I don't know if it's my Venus talking or my Mars really!
Venus is my chart ruler...

People say that they don't know where I get so much energy...I don't know if Uranus in the first opposite Sun/Mercury contributes to it.
My mind and imagination are as active as my body...
Taurus Sun adds to be stubborn.

But when I have nothing to do and I'm to be lazy, I'm really lazy, just do what it pleases me, its when I study Astrology, write poetry, paint sometimes or just day dream lol

I love my Mars Pisces really!:love:

Many of my planets are debilitated:
Mars in Pisces
Venus in Aries
Saturn in Leo
Mercury in Taurus (not very good)
Jupiter in Gemini

The good ones are only:
Moon in Cancer
Uranus in Scorpio (but just squares and oppositions-so...:sad:)

Plus I have 5 planets Retro!

Well, if it's said that debilitated planets don't show the proper energy of the planet, I can say that the way I look at it is that I express my self very differently, being a highly original individual...:D Just joking!

What would you search in a chart for originality?:wink:

filly

Hey there,

I am new to horoscopes but I been reading alot and find out I have a really "Bad Mars" thank you for opening this topic since I been asking about a bad mars which I read it indicates violence, death, and just a whole lot of violent traits that I do not think I have. My Mars is in Pisces and according to articles it is very very negative but then again, I am still trying to memorized the symbols of the zodiac signs so bare with me..
anyone comments or sugestions would be welcome....

forgot how to post my chart but is in my profile....sorry

Hi and welcome! :)

I have Mars in Pisces too and I've never heard that!:w00t:
On the contrary, Mars in Pisces is considered a softy, with high ideals and little action,day dreaming!
That's why it's not a so good position for Mars but has it's benefits as well.
It's said that gives some psychic abilities and if supported by other aspects artistic abilities which if not expressed turn to frustration...
It can make you lazy and needs incentive in order to get out there.
But that depends on other factors in the chart, you can't doom some one just for a placement of a single planet!

Where did you read that by the way?

mjackieward7

Hi and welcome! :)

I have Mars in Pisces too and I've never heard that!:w00t:
On the contrary, Mars in Pisces is considered a softy, with high ideals and little action,day dreaming!
That's why it's not a so good position for Mars but has it's benefits as well.
It's said that gives some psychic abilities and if supported by other aspects artistic abilities which if not expressed turn to frustration...
It can make you lazy and needs incentive in order to get out there.
But that depends on other factors in the chart, you can't doom some one just for a placement of a single planet!

Where did you read that by the way?

Hi there,
thank you for explaining how Mars operates in pisces. I read it when you search on planetary aspects. See my Mars has no good aspects only bad aspects so I read that it can mean of people dying from a violent death which as you can see for someone that does not know much about horoscopes is going to start thinking about physical risks factors in one's life.. In one website it stated Prone to accidents such as car or fire arm accidents. So I am not sure what to think about the whole thing. I do notice my energy fluctuates and if I allow myself I can be a bit lazy...lol :joyful:
For the record though, I had several car accidents were the cars were a total loss. Which it has surprised me that the cars really were completely demolished and thank God nothing happened to me.

Last edited:

filly

Hi there,
thank you for explaining how Mars operates in pisces. I read it when you search on planetary aspects. See my Mars has no good aspects only bad aspects so I read that it can mean of people dying from a violent death which as you can see for someone that does not know much about horoscopes is going to start thinking about physical risks factors in one's life.. In one website it stated Prone to accidents such as car or fire arm accidents. So I am not sure what to think about the whole thing. I do notice my energy fluctuates and if I allow myself I can be a bit lazy...lol :joyful:

Oh dear...
Who writes this websites are getting out of control with assumptions!
Don't believe everything you read. Not that it can not happen. Mind you that accidents by car and fire can happen to anyone with Mars in any position...
The aspects you call "bad" may actually give a kick to your Mars to become less lazy. There's no bad aspects, except if they are really stressed and involving malefics and even though it can become a productive source of energy... it's all forms of energy!

In theory Mars in Pisces can be more prone to accidents for being careless or living in the dream world but then even more Mars in Aries which is more fearless and action driven...
Where there's Mars anywhere in the chart it can make us awear where we can find some danger/risks. logically if we address our action in one or two directions other areas of our lives are in stand by. Mars shows where you are driven to and apply your energy. A square to Mars in Pisces can be welcome and shake it up to more wordly matters, an opposition means you have to find balance in integrating this energies in 2 areas of your life. Usually we can only manage one or another at a time. But as experience goes you are able to juggle. It's a gift that some people don't have. Even under struggle, it's a raw ability that you'll have to master!:wink: Maybe this is where you find that energy fluctuating...

I know that when one starts studing Astrology one has to go through the cook book descriptions and access it individually, after all one has to start somewhere, but really the context of the whole chart has to be addressed. You'll get there! ;)

mjackieward7

Oh dear...
Who writes this websites are getting out of control with assumptions!
Don't believe everything you read. Not that it can not happen. Mind you that accidents by car and fire can happen to anyone with Mars in any position...
The aspects you call "bad" may actually give a kick to your Mars to become less lazy. There's no bad aspects, except if they are really stressed and involving malefics and even though it can become a productive source of energy... it's all forms of energy!

In theory Mars in Pisces can be more prone to accidents for being careless or living in the dream world but then even more Mars in Aries which is more fearless and action driven...
Where there's Mars anywhere in the chart it can make us awear where we can find some danger/risks. logically if we address our action in one or two directions other areas of our lives are in stand by. Mars shows where you are driven to and apply your energy. A square to Mars in Pisces can be welcome and shake it up to more wordly matters, an opposition means you have to find balance in integrating this energies in 2 areas of your life. Usually we can only manage one or another at a time. But as experience goes you are able to juggle. It's a gift that some people don't have. Even under struggle, it's a raw ability that you'll have to master!:wink: Maybe this is where you find that energy fluctuating...

I know that when one starts studing Astrology one has to go through the cook book descriptions and access it individually, after all one has to start somewhere, but really the context of the whole chart has to be addressed. You'll get there! ;)

Thank you so much, really appreciate it. You are so right, it takes time to understand it and sometimes jumping to conclusions is just not the best option since I had begun to think and question twice my driving skills. LOL, really the websites sometimes say things that really makes u think twice.
thank you again.

Gogo91

In my opinion Taurus/Libra rather do a tag team than one on one. They rather coop when engage in combat that is where their strength relies.

M

may28gemini

I know this is a very old and by all accounts, dead topic, but it has served me to understand better about my Taurus Mars.

Given the fact that my only debilitated planet is also one of my most powerful and heavily relied on energy... I can verify, at least on my own behalf, that Taurus Mars' biggest ISSUE is starting. We are not crippled by sitting on the fence, unlike Libra. We make decisions really fast and stick with our decisions for a long, long time. However, putting our decisions to action could be a feat. Libra Mars, on the other hand, would have no problems initiating... that is, if they ever decided on anything to get them to starting block in the first place.

Although Mars is detriment in both Taurus and Libra, they're both really quite different. I don't and can't speak for all the Taurus Mars out there, but I think in general, Taurus Mars isn't afraid of a good old fashioned fight/competition. I think because it's earth, it's not afraid to get dirty...even though its' first choice is to NOT get dirty if it can be avoided. As for Libra Mars, I think they are afraid of fighting and will avoid fighting/competition by any means possible.

I've had a few friends with Libra Mars throughout the years and my dad has Libra Mars (he's really super boring), I can say, if it weren't for external pressures like family, friends, etc. (because rely upon other), or sheer luck, I don't think anyone with Libra Mars would accomplish anything in life because they're so indecisive.

I've tried to encourage my Libra Mars friends to get out more and socialize, usually they will go out (easy right? Libra is social). If I try to encourage them to go to a business seminar with me or seek out business networks, they'll be really gun-shy about and it ask me, "What if I don't like business? What if the people there expect me to be something I'm not?" and a billion other doubtful questions.

I've gone to bars with plenty of Libra Mars people (and I don't drink nor do I go to bars but for whatever reason, I go with them) and they're always worried about bar fights! Granted, there have been fights a few times on our outings, but I'd just rush in and contribute to the fight, whereas my Libra Mars friends ran and hide LOL
In many ways, I think Libra Mars acts more fallen (because they're afraid to act) than detriment.

The placement of a planet in a sign shows how its energies are coloured/'tempered' and employed by that sign. Taurus is a slow and patient sign and this is how it colours (tames) Mars. It also tries to employ (put to use) these energies for more practical purposes. This, however, is just talking about 'one' planet in a sign alone, which is what I had mainly discussed in my previous post and, like I said there: How easily it can imbibe these qualities will then depend on its aspects and, in general, on the rest of the chart, as usual. Then you have to see how much fire (as we are talking about fiery Mars) the native has in general in his chart. After that, the aspects that this Mars makes to other planets show how fine-tuned and further tempered it is. For e.g. Mars in Taurus when unaspected will be under maximum control of Taurus and so very Taurean like. On the other hand, if in an aspect to another planet (especially a stronger one), it will have to then adapt itself and will be further 'tuned' by it, so if in an aspect to Saturn, it will feel even more 'controlled', perhaps even bottled-up.

Taurus Mars is my double singleton- it's the only earth sign and contained in the only water house (8th). Not only is my Mars "hidden" in the 8th house which hides the debility, it also trines Jupiter and Saturn. The downside is my Mars opposes Scorpio Uranus :annoyed: and inconjunct Pluto :sick:

I'm blessed that Jupiter softens the negative traits of Taurus Mars (excessive laziness, difficulty initiating anything, etc.) and expands upon the positive traits such as being relaxed and easy going, decisive, and very self-aware. I'm also thankful that Saturn disciplines the negative traits, fine tunes the positives, and adds another layer of containment (aside from the 8th house). The scary downside is the Uranus opposition... which can make me a loose cannon if provoked and I can be easily provoked (unlike most Taurus Mars who stay calm no matter what). Aside from that, I often pose challenges to authority (which may not be safest thing to do) but I can't really help it but I am quite a risk taker (although I'm not a gambler) and I will put myself on the line if I see rewards in the wings. I don't mind a good fight and when I do fight, there's no "honor" in it, only survival and I don't ever intend on going down. Pluto inconjunction can make me do dirty and underhanded things and I've given into those inclinations... but not anymore. Not since I "grew up" and went through my Saturn's return :innocent:

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

In my opinion Taurus/Libra rather do a tag team than one on one. They rather coop when engage in combat that is where their strength relies.

I don't agree with that. Two debilitated Mars would NOT get anything done at all... they would just feed each others' debilities!

When I get together with a Libra Mars, there's not much action happening at all! We're either eating, drinking something, relaxing and catching up on the latest news/gossip or maybe all the above. We're talking about relationships and other people in our lives. We're not going out and doing much physical activity.

My best friend has Aries Mars and when we get together, we actually work quite well as a tag team (I have Taurus Mars). She brings about 75% of the energy whereas I bring about 75% of the focus so I funnel her energy with my focus and we accomplish a lot of things together. We're pretty dynamic together. She even said that she feels more grounded with me, whereas, I feel more energetic with her.

No, the best way to get a debilitated Mars to spring into action at all is to pair them up with an energetic Mars like Aries, Sagittarius, Gemini, Leo. Scorpio is cool but their Martian energy is pretty focused...much like Taurus. They can be energetic, but they are energetic more by themselves than when they're paired up.

Ryan Kurczak

Here is Kevin Burks interpretation on Detrimental planets: The interpretation is true. However, I feel if you rigidly stick to the traditional interpretation by stating a planet is extremely "weak" etc when placed in certain astrological signs, you can go wrong in interpretation. I agree on the whole with the traditional rulerships, but the interpretation needs more of a psychological understanding. The individual often does feel challenged in the area of the detrimental planet, but it isn't all doom and gloom. And where we fall, we learn lessons, and as the saying goes "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Persistence always pays off in the end.

Agree/Disagree :) .

That's a great point. There is also series of rules in Vedic Astrology that works very well with the Tropical Zodiac.

The Lajjitaadi Avasthas are a series of principles that show how a planet will work in a sign, and how it can get helped or hurt by its friends or enemies. Example, in this way, Mars is only in a "neutrals" sign in Libra or Taurus. This doesn't help Mars, but it doesn't hurt it either. Now if there are powerful aspects from Mercury on to Mars then Mercury can cause Mars to act poorly. However, Mercury is the only enemy Mars is said to truly have in the Vedic Tradition, which is why, more often than not, while he can make one work hard for the good things, he can still give them in the end.

Now if Mars is WITH Saturn that will cause difficulty. Yet having aspects from well dignified Sun, Moon or Jupiter (which is easy to get) Mars will still work well.

The principles basically illlustrate that while you can be weak and pathetic, if you've got a good family or friends around, you can still get pretty far.

This is one reason why detriments etc., don't always turn out to be as bad as expected.

The Ram

I always wondered this myself.

Here's another example: Anderson Silva who is considered the greatest fighter to ever compete in mixed martial arts is a Sun sign Aries, but his ruling planets and also the "power" planets Mars and Pluto are in Pisces and Libra respectively.

I'm not sure of the time he was born, so perhaps his house position compensates for this?

astro_w2gw_03_anderson_silva_hp.79290.55568.gif

Either way this does make me feel better about my Mars in Scorpio in the 4th house position lol.:whistling:

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

That's a great point. There is also series of rules in Vedic Astrology that works very well with the Tropical Zodiac.

The Lajjitaadi Avasthas are a series of principles that show how a planet will work in a sign, and how it can get helped or hurt by its friends or enemies. Example, in this way, Mars is only in a "neutrals" sign in Libra or Taurus. This doesn't help Mars, but it doesn't hurt it either. Now if there are powerful aspects from Mercury on to Mars then Mercury can cause Mars to act poorly. However, Mercury is the only enemy Mars is said to truly have in the Vedic Tradition, which is why, more often than not, while he can make one work hard for the good things, he can still give them in the end.

Now if Mars is WITH Saturn that will cause difficulty. Yet having aspects from well dignified Sun, Moon or Jupiter (which is easy to get) Mars will still work well.

The principles basically illlustrate that while you can be weak and pathetic, if you've got a good family or friends around, you can still get pretty far.

This is one reason why detriments etc., don't always turn out to be as bad as expected.

Cool! Finally someone mentioned that!

I'm familiar with the general principle of Mercury being Mars' enemy and when those planets aspect, Mercury causes problems for Mars.

I've read about the Mars-Venus relationship and for the most part, Mars is neutral towards Venus. Originally (as you said), Venus-based Mars positions are considered neutral/peregrine. If a person has Taurus/Libra Mars and it isn't aspected by a well-placed benefic, it could end up wandering off into disastrous results. When a planet is debilitated, it is like roaming around aimlessly in foreign lands. In the traditional sense, it's considered "corrupted," because it is unaware of the rules in place.

I don't fully agree with Mars-Saturn aspects being difficult all around. I think if debilitated Mars is either trine or sextile to a well placed Saturn, then Mars will become disciplined. Mars by nature is impulsive and forward, whereas, Saturn is prudent and retrospective. If there is an easy aspect between those energies, I think the output will be along the lines of calculated action. However, if detriment Mars is in square/opposition/conjunct to Saturn (no matter how well placed), the difficult aspect itself makes it hard for the energies to work together.

Ryan Kurczak

I don't fully agree with Mars-Saturn aspects being difficult all around. I think if debilitated Mars is either trine or sextile to a well placed Saturn, then Mars will become disciplined. Mars by nature is impulsive and forward, whereas, Saturn is prudent and retrospective. If there is an easy aspect between those energies, I think the output will be along the lines of calculated action. However, if detriment Mars is in square/opposition/conjunct to Saturn (no matter how well placed), the difficult aspect itself makes it hard for the energies to work together.

Mar's Saturn aspects are usually worse for Saturn. Saturn Mars conjunctions are said to starve each other. It's like one energy wants to take its time and do it right, and the other wants to rush and get it done, so the job isn't balanced.

Yes, I concur about Mars being helped by Saturn. From the Vedic stand point, Mars is exalted in Capricorn, which is considered ruled by Saturn.

Also, the degree of help or hurt is dependant on the lords position. And the planets natural friend ship.

Example, a planet in the sign of a friend, own home, or exalted has more power to help or hurt. A planet in an enemy or debilitated is said to be asleep, and so if it's good or bad, it doesn't matter, because it's not capable of doing much in relation to how the Lajjitaadi Avashtas are considered.

Good points, and reminds us that there are many levels to the activation of any planet, and simple cut and dry approaches usually fail, and when they do work, lucky guessing has a lot to do with it. As on of my favorite quotes reads : "If you are not assessing, you are guessing."

M

may28gemini

Mar's Saturn aspects are usually worse for Saturn. Saturn Mars conjunctions are said to starve each other. It's like one energy wants to take its time and do it right, and the other wants to rush and get it done, so the job isn't balanced.

Yes, I concur about Mars being helped by Saturn. From the Vedic stand point, Mars is exalted in Capricorn, which is considered ruled by Saturn.

Also, the degree of help or hurt is dependant on the lords position. And the planets natural friend ship.

Example, a planet in the sign of a friend, own home, or exalted has more power to help or hurt. A planet in an enemy or debilitated is said to be asleep, and so if it's good or bad, it doesn't matter, because it's not capable of doing much in relation to how the Lajjitaadi Avashtas are considered.

Good points, and reminds us that there are many levels to the activation of any planet, and simple cut and dry approaches usually fail, and when they do work, lucky guessing has a lot to do with it. As on of my favorite quotes reads : "If you are not assessing, you are guessing."

I've read that the traditional relationship of Mars-Saturn is not one of equal exchange (rarely is it ever equal anyway). Mars respects and likes Saturn, but Saturn dislikes Mars. Because Mars likes Saturn, Capricorn and to a lesser extent Aquarius are well-placed in Mars because those signs are ruled by Saturn. On the other token, Saturn dislikes Mars so Aries and to a lesser extent Scorpio are heavily debilitated in Saturn. This also explains why Mars-Saturn conjunction is a "starvation" aspect- they both want to use energy to their own purpose and run counter to each other. I call the Mars-Saturn conjunction the "monk/nun" aspect.

Back to the point about detriment Mars being "helped" by a friendly planet such as Jupiter and Sun. In my particular case, I have Taurus Mars trine Saturn-Jupiter and often times, it's indistinguishable for me to know which planet is doing what. I suspect both Saturn and Jupiter are playing their roles is doing something to my Mars.

The result is that although I'm not ambitious, I'm very energetic and dynamic. I work extremely well in fast paced environments and I like being physically active. This goes counter to the traditional traits of Taurus Mars being notorious for laziness. Perhaps what I just describe may be more fitting of Mars trine Jupiter. But at the same time, I also invoke trust from others easily- my counsel is often viewed as reasonable and my views are respected (even if I challenge the most popular stance), and for which, I thank the trine Saturn aspect.

Last edited:

Blacknight

I was wondering, does having Mars in the fall (cancer) predispose someone to not getting into physical fights? I have mine there (in the 10th) and I've never gotten into a brawl with someone.

Also my mars opposes uranus & neptune (which are both conjunct) in the 4th. Any dispute I've had has always been settled with words (it squares mercury in aries in the 7th). I've even broken up some fights or stopped them from happening.

I've also read that mars in cancer people are drawn to swimming. Any truth to that?

M

may28gemini

To be honest, I think EVERY Mars will be in fights and have just as much chance winning fights, whether it's a fair fight or not, because Mars will do what he's suppose to do.

Take into consideration that back in the olden days of 1860s... during and after Civil War. I'm pretty sure every single kind of Mars fought and came back from the war. Mars' objective is to survive and that's strong in every kind of Mars. Exalted Mars has no more of a monopoly of success or being thug gangster than fallen Mars.

As for Cancer Mars liking swimming? Possible. It's water and I don't see why not but I don't think it's exclusive. I'm Taurus Mars and I LOVE swimming. I was an avid swimmer for most of my life.

Blacknight

Oh I get that. It could just be aspects of my own natal and what they predispose. I think it's funny that my dad had the exact opposite experience growing up. He told me he hated fighting but he got into one wherever he went, especially when he would go to new schools.

I guess for whatever reason, I don't invite fights. Which is fine by me. :cool:

The swimming thing I read on some other website. Probably just a fluff piece haha. That's cool you like to swim. I actually suck at it, so I'm going to take some lessons at the Y until I get better.

M

may28gemini

What's your dad's Mars? My dad's is Libra Mars... which is prone to avoiding fights of any kind at all costs. I consider that Mars to be the most cowardly position for Mars and more heavily debilitated/corrupt than even Cancer Mars. I've at least seen Cancer Mars take some action when they're pushed to do so. Libra Mars would take a nuclear bomb to make them do anything that's remotely "dirty."

My thing for water is probably due to my Pisces Moon... and it trines Scorpio Uranus. Water sports has long been an obsession for me, although, I never officially competed. I was on the swim team when I went to school as a youngster. My cat has Pisces Moon too (purrfect) and he likes sleeping in the bathtub, esp. after I showered. I turn on waterfall sounds for him and he purrs loudly as that seems soothing to him.

I have not met any Cancer Mars persons who actually like or even care about swimming. That's not to say that Cancer Mars doesn't have an affinity with water... because it can, I just have not found that to be the case. I think if anything, that position signifies the desire to be NEAR water, but not necessarily in it (like Scorpio) or swept away because of it (like Pisces). Perhaps, if you're looking for some sort of water exercise, I would suggest water aerobics.

The_Sundance_Kid

I know a Mars Libra male. Mars is anaretic (i.e. at 29 Libra) and conjunct Pluto in Scorpio.

Guy has enormous amounts of physical energy and exercises all the time but is indecisive. He doesn't like fisticuffs or undignified behaviour.

Projects an image of refined masculinity and likes to be seen as very masculine - very vain! Maybe this is overcompensation for the Mars in Libra, with Mars being anaretic really highlighting the need to exemplify Martian qualities but Libra making it all about image. Only question is where all the energy comes from - I suspect the conjunction to Pluto.

M

may28gemini

I know a Mars Libra male. Mars is anaretic (i.e. at 29 Libra) and conjunct Pluto in Scorpio.

Guy has enormous amounts of physical energy and exercises all the time but is indecisive. He doesn't like fisticuffs or undignified behaviour.

Projects an image of refined masculinity and likes to be seen as very masculine - very vain! Maybe this is overcompensation for the Mars in Libra, with Mars being anaretic really highlighting the need to exemplify Martian qualities but Libra making it all about image. Only question is where all the energy comes from - I suspect the conjunction to Pluto.

It's very possible that tremendous energy is from the Mars-Pluto conjunction. It's also possible where it's placed. If debilitated Mars is in the 6th, 8th, or 12th, the house placement can lessen the negative traits. It's not to say the negative traits are nowhere to be found, because they still exist, but it can be funneled through a specific goal/work (6th house), hidden and buried (8th house), or lacks conscious power to be realized (12th house).

My father's Libra Mars joys in the 6th house and is part of his Grand Air Kite! He's worked in technology field since he was in his 20s and my father is near his 60th birthday. Although he's always been "concerned" with how he appears to others, he doesn't ever go out of his way (thank gawd) to show off to anyone- it's just for his own sake that he looks proper and is doing what appears to be the right thing.

chris10

My best friend has Aries Mars and when we get together, we actually work quite well as a tag team (I have Taurus Mars). She brings about 75% of the energy whereas I bring about 75% of the focus so I funnel her energy with my focus and we accomplish a lot of things together. We're pretty dynamic together. She even said that she feels more grounded with me, whereas, I feel more energetic with her.

I will have to agree with you.
My best friend has Mars in Taurus - I am the Mars in Aries -
While I am the one who brings most of the energy, she is the staying power.
We take up a sport/activity together, and she ...makes me stick to it :biggrin:
... I get bored very easily