8th house sun: nothing is "taboo"

CapAquaPis

If your sun is in the 8th house (of any sign, in my case Aquarius), you don't seem to have a cue on what's taboo, a subject deemed frightening, disturbing and offensive, to make you stray away from them or not even discuss or joke about.

The 8th house is under Scorpio, the sign associated with death, shock, disgust and negativity. Sexuality is considered a taboo to many people, esp in American society, and astrologers say sexuality is connected to the sign of Scorpio.

You may have a real open mind, able to hold a sense of humor on subjects or topics not fit for polite company, and can tolerate anything (or so it seems). To view life with its dark spots with a fairly bright side, the 8th house is able to take it all in.

neptunya

My Sun is conjunct Pluto in sagittarius. Empty 8th

It works out in many ways in my life, but regarding taboo..... yeah

I found out about sex at a young age (8) on the internet. I kept looking and i wasnt disgusted, i was actually fascinated and enjoying it. It was so natural, nice and normal for me.
When i tapped into that side of me, i've developed some very dark fantasies at age 9. I have no idea how it happened. But they are really, really bad.
I was scared that my my prude mom will find out so i gave up on watching it on the web. So.. imagine a kid drawing stories with sexy sexy stuff and then throwing the paper away and no one knew.
Its nice to access that side of me that exists in everyone - pure, raw, dark impulses. You just gotta discover it.... but dont use it too much.

Pluto in my life:

-at 4-5, i would kill and play around with insects all day. mom was horrified because her nature is the opposite: love and admire nature. i would destroy it. i loved catching butterflies, grasshopers etc and ripping their legs, heads, drowning them. i loved having power over a life. i felt like a God.
-at 10-12, i became a satanist because i hated God for sending me on this planet. i was so, so angry and i went to the dark so i would make him angry too. (lol)
-i am constantly transforming. every year im different. i know more and less about myself and life.
-slaughtered vomit dolls and srpski film? those are boring movies
-i am very aware of my power over the opposite sex. i am very aware of my power in general. i did bad things and i manipulated guys horribly. no more.

CapAquaPis

well, my sun/moon sign combination is Aquarius, and I don't have fascination in homicide nor bodily functions, but I love sex...and wonders what death is like. Aquarians are quite open in moral, ethical, political and religious issues, which is something not easily discussed in public. And my sense of humor: Beavis and Butthead, Family Guy and South Park, examples of animated adult sitcoms. B&B are juvenile delinquent partners in crime, Family Guy is notably shocking and so is South Park (both get into stereotypes of every social/minority group) with their twist in the interest of the paranormal. The Simpsons is regarded as negative or "dark", it used to be those types of comedies weren't allowed on TV 30 to 60 years ago, since the Simpsons premiered as one-minute shorts on Fox's Tracey Ullman Show in the late 1980s before it became it's own series.

conspiracy theorist

If standard fare sex or even some "out there" fetishes is enough to be classed as taboo then the whole of the human race cares not one lick for "taboos"

Last edited by a moderator:

CapAquaPis

25 years ago today is the L.A. Riots broke out after the Rodney King verdict and many (Southern) Californians dread looking back to that day in history. Like 9/11 (2001), it's one of those dates known for raw emotions many people are uncomfortable remembering. Taboos work like that, we try to avoid tragedies and the causes of them (in this case, racism and class disparity in L.A.) by a desire or want to forget them. Ignoring history doesn't help us go forward, race relations was in need of examination then (or the 1965 Watts Riots during the Civil Rights Movement when racism was more prevalent) as it is now. Race is considered a mild taboo, because a history of open racism determined the fate and lives of African-Americans struggled for equality, dignity and respect, and half a century ago, words that are more taboo or avoided wasn't as "shocking" when describing African-Americans (I think "black (people)" is still polite).

belabismo

I have my Sun in Aries in 8th, the way I see it is it not necessarily that you are more open to taboo subjects, but such that life exposed you to such matters from an early age and so these things are not outright unsettling for you. As for sex, Scorpio doesn't havr to do with sex so much as intimacy, meaning, closeness with others that does not have to include sex per se. 8th house rules joint resources, etc. Also, heavy Scorpio placements can indicate early life trouble with the home environment. I think we can tend to overcompensate on these taboo matters in order to try to seek some kind of control over what we couldn't in early life. I have another acquaintance who has I believe Cancer Sun in 8th, he likes taboo humor, playing practical jokes on others, he used to be an online troll. What he is really doing, is masking his early life pain of death in the family, financial abuse, and difficulties with his parents esp. mom, and trying to control others in order to regain some semblance of control over his life. I used to be like this too, trying to be edgy and play up my difference from others. This only reinforces the isolation one already feels. I don't agree that Scorpio doesn't know what is taboo, everyone knows what is taboo.

Scorpio is not a negative sign, and 8th house is not scary. Pluto tells us to turn our pain into something greater and forces us to reflect deeply and to honestly face our traumas, and to make the changes with us that we know we have to make.

CapAquaPis

Parents really want to protect their young children from "adult themes/ topics" and subject matter perceived as taboo: sexuality, death, body parts/ functions (young children think they're funny), politics, religion, money (young children don't have the concept of money like adults do) and finally, parents ensure they don't pick up obscene/profane/vulgar language...which parents may mutter when the children are around. Parents shelter their lil' ones from the big world like explanations of why mommy smokes and daddy drinks beer when children under age...18 or 21, cannot smoke or drink beer yet. Yeah, "I can count that high"...and "I won't be like you, grown-ups".

When I was age 6 or 7, my parents divorced and well, a young child learned about what is d-i-v-o-r-c-e. I struggled with autism since my diagnosis at age 4 or 5 and disabilities is something parents believe children shouldn't be exposed to, as well they want to teach tolerance of peers who are physically and neuro-developmentally disabled. And at age 8 or 9, I learned where babies came from by the sight of a pregnant teacher in my grade school, other than I felt her husband had something to do with it and this is basic human biology stuff. I also grew up exposed to a variety of racial diversity, learned what are "gay" people and other religious groups in my playground.

CapAquaPis

I don't agree that Scorpio doesn't know what is taboo, everyone knows what is taboo.

Not exactly, different cultures and religions have differing or various ideas of what is taboo, immoral or sin. Judaism has dietary restrictions (kosher), Islam (halal) both do not allow pork consumption as well Islam opposes alcohol and the Mormons (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) also oppose alcohol, in addition Seventh-Day Adventists are vegetarians (but they do eat dairy, eggs and fish) alike some Hinduist and Buddhist sects. Religious beliefs determine what subject, issue or thing is taboo or against their religion or moral relativity.

In certain times and places: public school, the workplace, church (seriously) and in a public function (a party), you got to watch what you say, esp in forms of jokes or humor involving taboo topics or subjects.

Scorpios know their social skills or etiquette, which is not a strong Aquarius attribute (LOL, I'm a double Aquarius sun/moon). The sign of the forbidden indicates a fascination with taboos - both Scorpio and Aquarius can relate to their easiness with them. It's the relationship of the planet Uranus (ruler of Aquarius, proposed ruler of Scorpio in newer forms of modern astrology) - the symbol of the weird, macabre, awkward, bizarre, strange and unfamiliar. Uranus is about shock and awe, not following the rules, and going against the status quo. The planet that tilts 98 degrees on its axis best describes me as Aquarius and possibly Scorpios.

CapAquaPis

And final note, the media tries to avoid displays of taboos, esp in the past before half a century ago (1960s) when social standards changed to what they are now. Codes of conduct for comic books, newspapers, movies, radio and then TV restricted scenes and descriptions of taboos, like violence, crime and drug use, for examples. Today, TV shows and movies (since the 1960s) are rated for content and to warn parents not to let their children view them. In fiction, scenes of "graphic" actions are dramatizations, so many people would not be traumatized in looking at them, but viewer discretion advised.

Another taboo is stereotypical depictions of groups of people in media, but the problem hasn't been properly resolved over the decades. African-Americans, as well Latinos, Asians, Native Americans, Muslims and even Italian-Americans and White southerners are depicted in negative or exaggerated portrayals that can be offensive, defamatory and racist. Also Jewish people, LGBT people, women, the elderly and people with disabilities have been crudely stereotyped. To portray a minority as subhuman or a group of people as "weird" or "inferior" is terrible, and it's no wonder as a society we're less accepting of stereotypes.

Last edited:

AtlanticPacific

If your sun is in the 8th house (of any sign, in my case Aquarius), you don't seem to have a cue on what's taboo, a subject deemed frightening, disturbing and offensive, to make you stray away from them or not even discuss or joke about.

The 8th house is under Scorpio, the sign associated with death, shock, disgust and negativity. Sexuality is considered a taboo to many people, esp in American society, and astrologers say sexuality is connected to the sign of Scorpio.

You may have a real open mind, able to hold a sense of humor on subjects or topics not fit for polite company, and can tolerate anything (or so it seems). To view life with its dark spots with a fairly bright side, the 8th house is able to take it all in.

Interesting thread! I have a Scorpio sun on the cusp of 8th and 9th house, along with Pluto in the 8th, and I would agree that very little shocks me that others find shocking/taboo. People seem to feel able to talk to me about those kinds of subjects as well. I also often have a ribald sense of humor and am not afraid to plumb the depths of life or the psyche. In fact I feel like my whole life has been a constant transformation, in one way or another..

CapAquaPis

I'm from a middle or lower-middle class background, in part my parents' divorce and my primary-mother;s decision not to remarry, so I was raised with simple forms of etiquette, morality and social graces, also my mother was raised Baptist (notably social conservative, except she's a registered center-Left Democrat) and still she didn't take me to church when I was a child. Do I know what's taboo? It varies by nation, region, generation and personal belief. But still I won't mutter a well-known foul word or commit an act of lewd conduct, also my mother worked for law enforcement (matron and dispatcher) in local police or sheriff, therefore I was told or brought up what's illegal as well immoral.