Anyone else feels like Scorpio's reputation for evil is overrated and unjust?

Cary2

Banned
There are a few signs that suggest heights and depths. Scorpio is one of those. Taurus is another probably due to reflex action to Scorpio. Though Scorpio may lead to depravity, corruption, bestial cruelty, and deadly evil, Scorpio can also lead to deeds that are unparalleled in their selflessness. The connection of Scorpio to sex is mostly misunderstood. Some Scorpio Ascendants will opt for celibacy because they are disturbed by sex. Scorpio is often found in those who feel threatened by sex. The association with sex is uneasy not flirty. Contemplating sexual contact can fill them with alarm.

It is not uncommon to find heavily tenanted Scorpio that is committed to virtue, kindness, and heroism even in the face of gravest danger. Utter fearlessness is not uncommon.

It is the potential heights and depths that Scorpio shares with Pluto.

Capricorn and Virgo also display contrasts of heights and depths.

I find that Moon in Scorpio and Asc. in Scorpio are usually more intense than Sun in Scorpio which is much milder on the intensity scale. A habenero instead of a pablano.

Cary2

Banned
I mentioned that Cap and Tau too had heights and depths as Scorpio does. It is not hard to find dreadful examples swayed by such signs. On the other hand, Hitler had nothing in Scorpio.

The solution in my experience to astrology's complexity is to read numerous biographies of established lives whose charts are known with reliable accuracy. The greatest assets to astrologers are birthchart databases like the one at this site and Astrodatabank, the one at the Astrodienst site. With the biography in one hand and the chart in the other, you will learn to your heart's content. You are not bound to popular opinions. Notice that there are codes that mark a chart based on confidence in its accuracy. In the beginning, seek out those charts thought to be very reliable.

david starling

I mentioned that Cap and Tau too had heights and depths as Scorpio does. It is not hard to find dreadful examples swayed by such signs. On the other hand, Hitler had nothing in Scorpio.

The solution in my experience to astrology's complexity is to read numerous biographies of established lives whose charts are known with reliable accuracy. The greatest assets to astrologers are birthchart databases like the one at this site and Astrodatabank, the one at the Astrodienst site. With the biography in one hand and the chart in the other, you will learn to your heart's content. You are not bound to popular opinions. Notice that there are codes that mark a chart based on confidence in its accuracy. In the beginning, seek out those charts thought to be very reliable.

Here's a puzzler: Thomas Edison and Nicola Tesla were both obsessed with electricity. Looking at the 2 charts, I can see personality traits, but not a specific interest in the production and use of electricity.

Cary2

Banned
Edison's chart is unclear; there is not much confidence in his exact data. Tesla's chart is better but not a very confident matter of exactitude.

Tesla had the minor Grand Trine Sun/Uranus/Neptune, and it was reinforced by Neptune square to Sun/Uranus. This is genius with a twist. He had great interest in the Unknown. He was a bit bizarre. He also had Mars biquintile Uranus, a sign of ingeniousness and new technology or pioneering technology. The biquintile, like the quintile, tends to bring compulsion and facility. He is very able with regard to Mars/Uranus matters.

Edison had Sun at the midpoint of Mars/Uranus, a sign of genius and new technology or pioneering technology.

It doesn't explain the sheer magnitude of their "greatness" but it fits their relationship with invention and technology.

Uranus (electrical) - Mars (force)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Not even sure where it comes from but I read about it a ton on most popular astrology material. If I was to go by that,

it would seem like Scorpio makes someone sadistic, evil, and automatically a sociopath.

My thoughts are two-fold on this:

1. Someone seriously hates the sign and decided to start the smear campaign.

OR the more likely scenario.....

2. A handful of Scorpios are writing things to make themselves appear this way, probably some high school kid with a lot of time on his hands?

I feel as if no other sign gets that reputation of being a sociopath or very twisted in the head.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=920579#post920579

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

The zodiac completes a sidereal cycle in 23.93446 hours.

The image of the Scorpion is feminine, nocturnal, solid, terrestrial,
creeping, servile, silent, fertile, poisonous, unchangeable, fierce, thievish,
with many limbs, lying and of the west wind.
It indicates inquiries, deception, lawsuits, fights and mysticism.
Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Scorpio
are disproportioned and awkward, tricky, turbulent, base, covetous,
lying, bitter because the Scorpion is stingy, competitive, powerful,
with short head, delicate voice, round light green eyes, sharp nose,
lower lip bent, coarse hair, dark, military commanders, generals, destroyers of property,
thieves, murderers, traitors, burglars and haters of their own families.
The front is weaker, but the back is robust.
Domicile of Mars, depression of Moon,

it controls the reproductive organs, the muscular system, the urinary system,
the lower gastrointestinal tract.
It causes skin diseases on account of the rough skin and blindness on account of the sting.
It is like-empowered with Capricorn, like-ascending with Gemini
and like-engirding with Aries, and medium in both Hemispheres.
It is autumnal, cold and dry for the north, and vernal, hot and moist for the south.
Scorpio obeys Cancer for the north and commands it for the south.
Scorpio controls Metagonitis, Mauritania, Gaetulia, Syria, Comangene and Cappadocia.

The claws are rising up to the 7th degree, the head up to the 11th,
the body and Antares up to the 19th, the back up to the 24th,
and the sting up to the 30th.

The first 7° belong to Mars - embezzlements, dangers, travel
The next 4° belong to Venus - fortune, those who advance unexpectedly through others
The next 8° belong to Mercury - abiding, some become bankers and administrators
The next 5° belong to Jupiter - increase, advancement, inheritances
The final 6° belong to Saturn - necessity, constraint, infertile

Forehead - Mars and moderately Saturn
Body - Mars and moderately Jupiter
Joints - Saturn and moderately Venus
Sting - Mars and Mercury
M7 - Mars and the Moon

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars
as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae:
accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri.
Retrieved from https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos.
William Heinmann, London.
Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages.
Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.
Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

JUPITERASC

In serious, valid astrology, there are very few examples of a pure type, a person who personifies the characteristics suggested by one of the 12 signs. A person with Sun in Sagittarius may have a group of several factors clustered together in Scorpio. He will not seem light and enthusiastic like the Sagittarius characteristics. He will be more intense and secretive. Why should we call him a Sagittarius? We should not.

There are people who have a large cluster of factors grouped together in one sign, and we can look to them as nearly a pure type. They have much to teach us about the emphasized sign even if they have Sun in a different sign entirely.

Charles Manson had four factors in Scorpio including Sun. He is one of the most evil people in history.

Marie Curie had four factors in Scorpio including Sun. She doggedly pursued a very dangerous course, the discovery of radium and radioactivity, an activity that eventually killed her.
These are just two examples

yet there are billions of natals literally with "Scorpio factors" :smile:

The19thLaw

Scorpio men being commanders and generalss :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Okay now that the humor is done, no thanks. Capricorns and Libras are commanders, Scorpios are too emotional and unhinged in order to be good strategists.

The19thLaw

I actually do have to agree with you there, when I was looking at the signs of the top coaches in sports, Virgos made up the overwhelming majority. Earth signs in general make for excellent tacticians and strategists due to how detached they get from their emotions. I have heard it being said that whenever Scorpios and Capricorns go against each other, the Capricorn always wins and get the better of the so called "most powerful sign" because it is not ruled by its emotions but rather by practicality.

IMO, the best generals will typically be associated with these signs:

1. Capricorn

2. Virgo

3. Taurus

4. Libra

5. Leo

Witchyone

You can see a Scorpio with vengeance on their minds coming from a mile away, though. It's like they have a stinger on their ass, so they have to run at you, then spin around and try to sting you with it.

Humanitarian

Scorpio in Esoteric Astrology isn't evil at all, but it is is ruled by 3 rulers : :pluto:/:mars:/:mercury:. Mercury is the hierarchical ruler and Mars is rhe esoteric ruler of Scorpio, and Scorpio in her Martian side (positive) is like a phoenix, and also similar to resurrected Jesus in some way or another that Scorpio in their higher levels is like a rebirth, an ego death, a spiritual awakening and the healing of your childhood traumas, even pre-verbal traumas can be resolved because of the higher levels of Scorpio. Her Mercurial side also points out the Scorpionic spirit and thirst for knowledgeand good news to transmute herself into a newer, better person
Edit: I forgot that the hierarchical ruler of Scorpio is Mercury

Last edited:

david starling

I use :pluto: as domicile-ruler of :scorpio:.

But Mars is what I've been calling its "devotional-ruler".

Logically, since the Phoenix deliberately achieves rebirth through fire, Mars is needed for that spiritual purpose alone.

Hum, what's the "hierarchical" deal about?

Humanitarian

I use :pluto: as domicile-ruler of :scorpio:.

But Mars is what I've been calling its "devotional-ruler".

Logically, since the Phoenix deliberately achieves rebirth through fire, Mars is needed for that spiritual purpose alone.

Hum, what's the "hierarchical" deal about?
"Hierarchical ruler" deals with the spirit, a seperate part of your energy from your soul and your body. Exoteric = body, hierarchical = inner calling, spirit, esoteric = soul

Humanitarian

These are just two examples

yet there are billions of natals literally with "Scorpio factors" :smile:
Yes. I don't have any planets in Scorpio but I have Pallas and Ceres in Scorpio, Pluto in 8th house conjunct chart ruler (debilitatedly triplicitied :mercury: in 8° Cap, a Scorpio degree), an AC in 20°, a Scorpio degree and Moon is also in a Scorpio degree and trine AC with an orb of 0°04'

david starling

"Hierarchical ruler" deals with the spirit, a seperate part of your energy from your soul and your body. Exoteric = body, hierarchical = inner calling, spirit, esoteric = soul

Sounds like the domicile-ruler is Exoteric, and the hierarchical-ruler is what I'm calling "Devotional-ruler".

What's Virgo rulership in Esoteric?

Humanitarian

What's the rationale, or pattern for the Moon as Esoteric-ruler for Virgo?

I always look for patterns, as well as mythical connections.
For me, it's like Demeter, because she is the feminine archetype of the Earth and also the goddess of crops, too (Virgo rules crops and farms)