Astrological *** Kicking?

Btop88

Hey guys. I've been looking at my chart lately, specifically the movements of Saturn and Pluto, both moving down through my chart and transitioning out of the first house and into the second, where my natal moon sits. The past few years were rough when Saturn was conjunct my sun in Scorpio and then moved into my twelfth house. I feel like I'm in for another *** whooping in the coming years as well. I know not to look at transits as wholly good or bad but I can't seem to shake an ominous feeling. Saturn is square my midheaven right now and it seems like nothing is going according to plan, like my usual good luck is worn out. Neptune is squaring my ascendant right now though so that could be playing a major hand. Any and all advice welcome thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 11.17.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 11.17.23 PM.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 25

Osamenor

Staff member
How are things not going according to plan?

I note that Saturn square your MC is also Saturn square your natal Mars. The orb is wide with Mars, but because Mars is conjunct your IC--even with the wide orb--a square to either of them brings both into the equation. Meanwhile, transiting Mars retrogrades over your natal moon. The current Mars retrograde takes place in Saturn's domicile signs.

Saturn and Mars talking to each other like that could bring some frustration with trying to move forward. Mars wants to just do it. Saturn says wait, slow down, double and triple check everything, make sure you're getting it right the first time. And then, Mars going retrograde highlights whatever problems you might have as a result of putting out too much energy. If you're overworked and overwhelmed, it all comes to a head with Mars retrograde. If you're trying to push ahead with a flawed plan, the flaws in the plan show up.

Uranus is also helping Saturn out, as it trines your natal Saturn and, by orb, your natal Uranus as well. Since you have a natal Uranus/Saturn conjunction, both planets work in tandem in your life in general. Uranus makes you roll with the unexpected, and Saturn makes you use self discipline. Together, they insist that you be responsive to both those things at once.

Do you practice any kind of martial art? This sense of needing to simultaneously discipline yourself and roll with the unexpected seems very like martial arts to me. If you don't, taking one up could be a way to use the energies of Uranus, Saturn, and Mars that are highlighted in your life right now. Even if it's just something you do on the side, you would probably find the rest of your life working better, too.

Btop88

Thank you Osamenor!

There definitely is a sense of wanting to move forward and just go but being held back. Mostly career wise. I’m an actor primarily, have performed all over the world, but now want to move to New York and make a go of it but finding an apartment has been frustrating. I’ve come close several times but to no avail. I’ve also had three family members die this year and my father is experiencing heart problems brought by a lifetime of smoking. So there’s a certain heaviness I’m experiencing that seems to have sapped some of my “get up and go” mentality.

I have practiced boxing in the past as well as archery which I love. Had to stop training as a boxer due to money problems but it is definitely something I enjoy.

This sense of roll with the unexpected and disciplining myself along with my dreamy Neptune in first house has been very confusing for me to live with. It seems like I want to be all things at once while also being the rebel without a cause while also being the businesslike bossman. It’s given me versatility on stage and screen but in my own life it’s maddening.

I’m interested to see what Pluto conjunction my natal moon will bring as well as the Saturn conjunction.

It feels like I’m having to rebuild myself with my Saturn return in my first house. It’s stressful and sometimes depressing and I just want it to be done so I can make moves lol! There’s my mars talking.

Osamenor

Staff member
I’m an actor primarily, have performed all over the world, but now want to move to New York and make a go of it but finding an apartment has been frustrating.

Maybe moving to New York is the flawed plan. New York is perceived as the place to be if you want to break into stage acting (assuming you are a stage actor, not a movie or TV actor), but if you've already performed all over the world, it sounds like you've already broken in. What could New York give you that you don't already have?

Because so many people want to move to New York to act, it's well saturated with actors and wannabe actors. It's also one of the most expensive cities to live in and one of the toughest to find housing--as you know. You're already an international actor. Moving to New York under those circumstances sounds rather like applying to a highly competitive university as a freshman when you already have a masters degree.

Why not work with what you have already? You don't have to be in New York to do that.

Btop88

Thank you so much that is indeed a big ego boost for sure for me. And I agree that I was being a little "shoot from the hip" in my plans to move to NYC, however, as much as it is saturated with actors and wannabes it (as well as LA) is still very much where a majority of the acting work gets done. The kind of work that I respect anyway. So I still plan to make a move there or some other American stronghold of acting.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you so much that is indeed a big ego boost for sure for me. And I agree that I was being a little "shoot from the hip" in my plans to move to NYC, however, as much as it is saturated with actors and wannabes it (as well as LA) is still very much where a majority of the acting work gets done. The kind of work that I respect anyway. So I still plan to make a move there or some other American stronghold of acting.

Why not list all the American strongholds of acting that you know of, and the pros and cons you can think of about moving there? If any of them are places you're not familiar with, and you can take a trip there to check it out, that would be a good idea, so you can get more of a sense of whether you would really like to live there.

Then, see what opportunities you can find in the places on your short list, for housing and roles and such. If you cast your net wider than just New York, your chances of finding something that meets your needs are much better.

Even difficult transits work in your favor if you work with them. If you're getting seriously blocked on one plan, that's a signal to modify the plan. Consider what needs you're trying to meet with that plan, then look for other possible ways to meet them.

Last edited:

Btop88

You know you bring up an interesting point of astrology that I have been curious about but am woefully unlearned in. That if astrogeography. Is there something to that? Of the planets working differently for you in different locations?

wilsontc

Staff member
astrocartography, to Btop

Btop,

You asked:
You know you bring up an interesting point of astrology that I have been curious about but am woefully unlearned in. That if astrogeography. Is there something to that? Of the planets working differently for you in different locations?

It's called "astrocartography". And you might want to check out the "Relocation Astrology" in the subforum of the "Natal Astrology" forum.

Suggesting,

Tim