Family and Group Karma

Lion o ness

Hey that actually makes a lot of sense!
My individual karma seems to be a major focus...

I guess I had to get away from family to be able to work on my karma alone.
Or maybe my karma is being alone.... Or doing everything for myself, with no help.:andy:

Claire19

Our current family could be a manifestation of the karma of our previus lives, for example if we damaged the self-esteem on someone in our previus life then that could manifest in this life as uncaring parents for ourselves. The thing to remember is that I do not belive that our past lives are linked to the ancestry of our current incarnation, what I mean is that our past lives could have been in different cultures.

I do not really agree with the group karma inheratence because like I said our previus lives can be in different cultures, for example if your a french person in this life you could have been a chinese person in a previus life.
I do agree with group karma and family karma. We come back to work out the issues that have been created in the past associations and to reap the negative and also the positive to balance the cosmic ledger and move off the wheel of reincarnation....We could have had different relationships and different gender and in different cultures. Why not?
Saturn and the Moon in particular in the chart will give clues.. I feel that I was my mother's sister in the past and my sister was my mother also.. This shows quite clearly in the charts when I have analysed the issue.

Claire19

I read the 12th house or the 8th house deals with family karma, I suppose if you did damage someone else's self-esteem, you could be born to uncaring parents. There could be a variety of reasons of why we choose the lives we do. Perhaps certain environments help in our development. Our past life could be from a very different culture.

Group karma can still be Karma, I read a few books which said often group karma can involve family where we all changed roles, mother-father-child. This is all non-fact and only ideas to play with. I am not saying any of it is the truth. :smile:
In the ordinary way we cant prove it perhaps. But gut feeling and often indications in the birth charts will back it up... You need to be able to interpret the signs.....I agree that we do change roles for sure.

Claire19

Hey that actually makes a lot of sense!
My individual karma seems to be a major focus...

I guess I had to get away from family to be able to work on my karma alone.
Or maybe my karma is being alone.... Or doing everything for myself, with no help.:andy:
What is in your 12th house?? What is Saturn doing??

Claire19

I feel like I inherited a lot of my fathers 'problems' and my brother got all the good qualities of my mother(hard working,stable etc...) not trying to cry or ***** about it because it is was it is, but I fell like he definitely got the better hand when it comes to life(things are easier for him) my father committed suicide did I inherit some of his burdens to carry through life??? I don;t know, and again no complaining here just adding in my own personal experience.
If your father committed suicide that is just a cop out really and he will still have to come back and work out his issues... I am sorry that happened for you.....I dont think you inherit others burdens but you may feel you have to step into his shoes in some way...We all have to take care of our own personal karma....People do have easier lives than others and that is part of karmic reward. However you dont know what is around the corner for your brother for instance and sometimes that easier life becomes hard.

midnight sun

Claire19;337638 I feel that I was my mother's sister in the past and my sister was my mother also.. This shows quite clearly in the charts when I have analysed the issue.[/QUOTE said:
This is not family karma. Family karma sees us a whole with our ancestors. If my grandma lived very unhappy marriage for example, and she couldn't solve her emotions, I could be borned with her unsolved emotions and choose an unhappy marriage. Family karma is about cycles waiting to be solved from family past. Our soul is representative in this time for solving the past traumas of ancestors. But in the past you're not a relative of an ancestor. Now you're carrying many different emotions from many different ancestors.
I'm healing family karma for the last year and learned lots of incidents which the emotions I'm carrying belong to. So emotions are carried to the future not just one person's fate. For example if there was a murder in the family, you could carry both sufferer and guilt feelings and this would cause a mental disorder.

Bert Hellinger is the most popular psychotherapist works with family karma.

Neptune Rising

I know it sounds odd, but I've often wondered if there is some element of my grandma in me, maybe through reincarnation. She died a few years before I was born, my mum's mum. My mum and I are psychically linked anyway, Pisces Moon and Jupiter me - Pisces Sun and south node her. Jupiter/south node conjuncts both ways, Moon/Pluto aspects both ways.

My mums mum was en early degree Sagittarius, about 9 degrees Sag, conjunct my 12th/1st house cusp north node/Neptune. Aries rules my IC, Mars is in Sag, my roots from that side of the family are from abroad. I wonder this because, whenever I go for card readings, to spiritualist churches, to anyone who has any occult knowledge, they always seem to be able to contact my mum's mum. I'll never know this, at least not while I'm living, but curious to ponder on. Maybe she is just watching over me, very closely, God bless her.

MJ82

I find this a very interesting topic. I recently discovered that my grandmother, whom I'm very close to, also has an 8th house stellium like me, with her moon there. In fact my entire family on my mother's side is very plutonian and neptunian. I've read that the 8th house can be about inheritances of all kinds through the maternal line, so this makes sense to me.

Here is a fascinating article about the water houses and ancestral legacies that really resonated with me (this part is on the 8th, and is 1 of 3 articles): http://www.themetaarts.com/archives/200306/erinsullivan1.html

I've often wondered if my great aunt (my grandmother's sister: she died of breast cancer young as did their other sister) had 8th house planets and if I am working through some of her issues in my life - which of course are MY issues in this lifetime, but it's a beguiling thought. I've always felt very close to her spiritually even though I never had the chance to know her.

Last edited:

Caro

If your father committed suicide that is just a cop out really and he will still have to come back and work out his issues... I am sorry that happened for you.....I dont think you inherit others burdens but you may feel you have to step into his shoes in some way...We all have to take care of our own personal karma....People do have easier lives than others and that is part of karmic reward. However you dont know what is around the corner for your brother for instance and sometimes that easier life becomes hard.

really you know this........................:surprised:

my encounters with spirit at times of desperate soul searching have resulted in only messages of love , forgiveness, support and kindness.

If you recieve messages from a a harping hyena - your tuning into the wrong channel.

in this instance, maybe the father, here was the teacher for the people he knew.(not' you have to come back and do it again and I will stick pins in you while you do it' mentality) Maybe he has done his job!

as humans are failings are that we judge and are utterly clueless most of the time with hearts full of hatred.

i have heard that 4th,8th and 12th particular relate to family karma. with mars in 12th myself , I relate to that in terms of my own family circumstances.