Uranus/Neptune as transit in 90s

BluEyedGrl105

For those who were old enough in the early 90s to notice: what was it like to have the Capricorn Uranus/Neptune conjunction as a transit? You'd think having this conjunction in my natal chart would help me understand but I don't.

To help jog your memories I'm referring specifically to the tight conjunction in 1993, but any other time during the conjunction would be enlightening as well.

How did it affect the affairs of the house it was in if Uranus wants to break out and Neptune wants to dissolve? Was it a rebellion (Uranus) against assimilation (Neptune)? Oh, sweet 90s angst lol. What about aspects to natal planets from both T. Uranus and T. Neptune at the same time?

On a more collective note how do you think T.Uranus - T. Neptune Capricorn squaring Pluto in Libra affected that generation? Disillusionment about peace, love, and justice because of the reality of consumerism and real-world standards (or the illusion of them as salvation.) See, I'm not usually this hyperbolic lol. Can someone bring it down to Earth? :wink:

Thanks

Lion o ness

93 was one of the hardest years of my life..
But and I say a strong but, it set me on the right path, I had to endure some very deep hard ship... I had to learn and figure out how to handle everything on my own... How survive life and stand up against all the odds and over come..

But u know what, I diid it, and never once looked back.

Cap is my h10, but rules my h11.. My nn is also in late cap.

But that doesn't mean the same for u...

What was I going through....

I was 21 with a baby in a physically abusive relationship.. I left in the middle of the night with my child, I had no where to go... My mom had gotten into drugs and was hitting rock bottom..
I slept at friends house, hotels, car....
My car was then impounded for parking, when I tried o get it, found out it was pieces of 7 diff cars. (The bf got it for me, pffff)

I was jobless, homeless, carless, with a mom on drugs...

I was getting welfare 436.00 a month.. The hotel was charging me 400. A month..
I survived on 36 dollars cash and 30 dollars in food stamps a month...

I never once stole, cheated, sold my self out in any way to get by..

Now I have what I need, I support myself, never to relay on anyone ever again. My lesson was to make sure I never end up in that type of situation again..

That's how 93 was for me. :w00t:

Anahath

93 was one of the hardest years of my life..
But and I say a strong but, it set me on the right path, I had to endure some very deep hard ship... I had to learn and figure out how to handle everything on my own... How survive life and stand up against all the odds and over come..

But u know what, I diid it, and never once looked back.

Cap is my h10, but rules my h11.. My nn is also in late cap.

But that doesn't mean the same for u...

What was I going through....

I was 21 with a baby in a physically abusive relationship.. I left in the middle of the night with my child, I had no where to go... My mom had gotten into drugs and was hitting rock bottom..
I slept at friends house, hotels, car....
My car was then impounded for parking, when I tried o get it, found out it was pieces of 7 diff cars. (The bf got it for me, pffff)

I was jobless, homeless, carless, with a mom on drugs...

I was getting welfare 436.00 a month.. The hotel was charging me 400. A month..
I survived on 36 dollars cash and 30 dollars in food stamps a month...

I never once stole, cheated, sold my self out in any way to get by..

Now I have what I need, I support myself, never to relay on anyone ever again. My lesson was to make sure I never end up in that type of situation again..

That's how 93 was for me. :w00t:
Wow!I admire your strenght...you are impressive.

BluEyedGrl105

Wow, Lion o Ness, that is amazing! Good for you. I think I would have given up lol. I'm glad you were able to use the transit to take you someplace better, though it sounds like it had to shatter and dissolve everything first.

What aspects were T. Uranus/Neptune making to your natal planets? Were they in 10H or 11H?

I got to thinking about this when I was looking at '93 transits in my sister's friend's chart. T. Uranus/Neptune (in 7H) were tightly squaring the natal Libra Moon/Pluto in 4H - Aries Mercury in 10H opposition. She found out her mother was actually her paternal grandmother, and the 18 y.o. brother who died before she was born was her biological father! Everyone in the family knew this except for her. She found out when she was 13!

I couldn't believe that happened in the 90s, but there you go. I think natal Pluto is one of the reasons it was so dramatic.

But she was also drifting from the family in other ways. I don't know the details, but it sounds like they were this very dysfunctional affluent family and she just had to get out of there. She mostly lived with an Aunt in New York until she turned 18, which is how my sister met her.

Edit: T. Uranus/Neptune were also trinning her n. Saturn/IC (Saturn is 4 degrees from the IC in 3H. It is also the apex to a T-Square involving Neptune. Surprise, surprise.) Saturn rules 7H and 8H. I thought that explained somethings as well.

I'm sorry if this is all mumbo-jumbo without a chart but she asked me not to share it. Frankly, I was surprised how readily and enthusiastically she gave me her birth data so I didn't want to push my luck lol.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

IDK the exact date, but it was a little after the New year.. HEy the year started with a bang :whistling:

I used Jan 15th. but the date may be off a bit, plus remember this carried into the whole year.
I got a job in April 94, thats when I started to get my self back up.

Here is my chart with Transits around Jan 15, 93.

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts.

Attachments

• 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 19

BluEyedGrl105

T. Pluto square Mars could show the abusive boyfriend, or at least physical danger. In 8H we see the financial difficulties and perhaps that was a way he used to control you (he bought you the car.) Mars rules the natal 2H so that's the extreme turn around, the problem is definitely financial. T. Chiron on Mars (and retro over Sun) enforces this idea of wounding by a man and trying to find your assertiveness. Since Mars rules the 2H you not only had to re-build your financial security but your own sense of worth.

T. Ur/Nep square n. Uranus in 7H, along with the conjunction from T. Jupiter, gave you a chance for freedom (Ur) from the relationship (7H). T. Saturn trines it, giving you even more resolve to follow through. (T. Mars would soon turn direct and square n. Uranus, probably as T. Jupiter was exactly conjunct it so we see ACTION.)

T. Jupiter sextile Moon (rules your 5H) - desire to protect child.

I think T. Saturn trine n. Sat on the IC may be the lack of support from your mother. But it also gave you more discipline.

T. Ur/Nep was actually kind to you. It only gave you that push to your 7H Uranus and then went onto conjunct your NN (you were in the right direction.) I think if they were, say, squaring your Mercury it would have been even harder for you to deal and dig yourself out of your predicament. In this case the problem was T. Pluto.

I expected more of T. Nep, or aspects to your n. Nep or Moon, because of your Mother's drug problem.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Yes thank you.. Just wanted to touch on a few things..

My mom had the drug problem started maybe 2 years earlier.. At that point I disconnected my self from her, I didn't want drugs around my daughter, or even risk loosing her.. So I kept away... That's prob y not Neptune,moon contacts..

Plus u know she was tripping.... Big time..

Yes it was very fincinally tough... It's very difficult to get from nothing to something... Every obsticale is in the way, how do u look for a job, when they can't call u, who baby sits... Etc etc...

Anyways...

During this time, I met a guy. ( short term soulmate if u will)
He guided me... He showed me I deserve to be treated well, and sat and talked to me.... He came into my life at just the right moment...
That lasted maybe a month.. But I was better for having met him..

I had another just bad year that was 08/09...

My whole world got flipped around, my whole life went spinning out out direction.
I was in a state of shock for 18 months.....

BluEyedGrl105

Yeah, I figured the drug problem must have shown up before. I commend you for acting so responsibly with regards to your daughter. She's very lucky.

Yes, I thought the T. Jupiter in 7H sextile Moon indicated some type of emotional support.

Thanks for sharing.