Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 05-16-2016, 10:49 PM

Why is my nephew such a defeatist?

He is 2.5 years old, and when trying to do anything putting on socks, pulling his pants down, matching colors in a learning game if he fails one time, he says "I can't do it" and stomps off. He refuses to keep trying.

His mother enables him I suspect, but part of me worries he will always be this way.

Last edited by duenderoja; 05-17-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Unread 05-17-2016, 01:02 PM

Re: Why is my nephew such a defeatist?

I mistakenly forgot to post the chart.
Unread 05-17-2016, 03:24 PM

Sun square Neptune - People born with these aspect tend to not know who they are. They are so so confused. They identify with things that people are normally not expected of. This can cause low self confidence.

Saturn square MC - This aspect tends to make people feel lonely like as if they have no one to support them, that they are alone in their fight to success. This aspect usually indicated low self confidence in ones abilities.

Mercury in the 6th house - Mercury is exalted in this house. They usually tend to want to do things in a meticulous and organised manner.

I too have both of these so I can vouch for what I said. I just turned 18 and lately, my self confidence is at an all time low. I'm completely confused. It's depressing at times. Squares are difficult to overcome so yes, he might feel this way for a long time but if you can bring about a change in attitude at such a young age, he might not face this issue in the future. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIndianVenusian For This Useful Post:
katydid (05-17-2016)
Unread 05-17-2016, 06:02 PM

Mercury in a tight conjunction with saturn can indicate this 'giving up' trying, too soon. But the thing is that he will probably keep trying, but he just needs a break first. He may quit and walk away in defeat. But after a little while he will come back with a stronger resolve.

I would try and not make a big deal about it when he fails and runs off. just let it go and wait a bit. He will probably come back even more determined. ALSO, POSITIVE REENFORCEMENT is VITAL with Mercury/Saturn conjunctions. When he does succeed he will be thrilled if you give him some positive recognition.

The Moon square Asc may give him a fluctuating 'sense of self' and it is important for him to learn to stabilize that. if the family 'meme' is that he is a defeatist or gives up quickly, then it might stick to him like glue. As a loving Auntie, you might help him create a new meme. He preservers, never gives up, against all odds, etc etc...
Unread 05-17-2016, 06:08 PM

I do praise him for the little things. I praise him when he gets things right and I cheer with him when he does things correctly.

But the moment he gets it wrong, he quits. Regardless of how much I tell him that he will get it right, or assure him by reminding him of how he got it right before.

I am not one to force a small child to do something. But I am dismayed at his lack of effort. It worries me.

No one but me thinks this. His parents are very loving and can see no fault.

Last edited by duenderoja; 05-17-2016 at 06:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to duenderoja For This Useful Post:
katydid (05-17-2016)
Unread 05-17-2016, 06:13 PM

Also, I would like to hear from the Vedic astrologers, please. I appreciate everything that has been offered.
Unread 05-18-2016, 05:23 PM

Hi duenderoja !

Your nephew seems to be on the life path Ketu in Aries ashvini to Rahu in Libra Swati.
Now some of the stars have this quality notably Asc Taurus Mrigasira. This star represents an obstinate child who gets angry very fast. Also he is in Venus Mahadasha till 2018 which is in the 8th house Sagittarius Purvashada. Now this star is a dramatic one, wild sagittarius which says ..do it ! So he may this way because of these. Eventually he will try to get to balance the scales in Libra Swati and his Saturn is exalted there in Libra Vishaka. He will learn to persevere. Meanwhile i guess you have to enjoy his tantrums !!
Unread 05-18-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRohini View Post
Hi duenderoja !

Your nephew seems to be on the life path Ketu in Aries ashvini to Rahu in Libra Swati.
Now some of the stars have this quality notably Asc Taurus Mrigasira. This star represents an obstinate child who gets angry very fast. Also he is in Venus Mahadasha till 2018 which is in the 8th house Sagittarius Purvashada. Now this star is a dramatic one, wild sagittarius which says ..do it ! So he may this way because of these. Eventually he will try to get to balance the scales in Libra Swati and his Saturn is exalted there in Libra Vishaka. He will learn to persevere. Meanwhile i guess you have to enjoy his tantrums !!
Haha okay, and thank you.

Tags
defeatist, nephew