Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Medicine and health

Horary Questions on Medicine and health For questions about health, illnesses and recovery, pregnancy and baby gender.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-27-2012, 07:06 PM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Will the medication work? Weight loss.

HI All,

My sister asked a chart and wanted me to look. She is interested in horary but not 100% convinced yet. Anyway, the story is that, we come from a family with diabetes and heart conditions, and some excess weight. I've always been the tallest, thinnest, but my sisters are a little different. So, at 33 yrs old, she has tried lots to control her weight lest she develop diabetes like my parents. She asked if a specific medication will help her lose weight. I think her chart is hopeful!

Here's why:



She is Mercury in Gemini, on an angle. Funny how Mercury Gem is considered "thin" in descriptions. This could be + testimony. She is leaving combustion. Also, leaving tubby-Jupiter! I think a recent depression and scare may have caused this. If the medicine can be taken as 10th house ruler, that is Venus Rx in 10/angular too. And in her rulership. Another good testimony. Further, Venus Rx, the medicine likes her and travels towards conjunction with her. All good, right? Moon, however, is in 12th and again, I think its the past depression about her weight. It's in Leo and mad, raring to go and concerned with appearances too, I'd say. The pride of a Leo. Funny, she is a Leo Sun as well. Moon squares Sun, sextiles Venus and squares Jupiter then sextiles Saturn. Hopefully this last aspect means its long-lasting. Moon had former trine w/POF. I think/hope this could be her discovering the meds online as a possiblity. I am not sure about what to take Mars in her 1st as. Maybe drive and ambition. She is a stubborn one, that's for sure. And that could be it.

My analysis is dependent on 10th house representing medication, so I really hope this positive Mercury/Venus conjunction is a "yes" for her. Please confirm anyone, if you know? Thanks so much.

__________________
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with a******s.” -William Gibson.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:46 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Did you ask FOR her (that is, as her representative) OR did you ask ABOUT her (such as, will xx medication help my sister lose weight)??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 05-28-2012, 01:22 PM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Did you ask FOR her (that is, as her representative) OR did you ask ABOUT her (such as, will xx medication help my sister lose weight)??
Hi! She is ruler of house one. She asked the question out loud while I was with her and she knows a little about astrology. She just can't read the chart beyond querent/quesited and knowing some house meanings.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 05-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Kaiousei no Senshi's Avatar
Kaiousei no Senshi Kaiousei no Senshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

I don't think the medicine will help her lose weight. If we take the medicine as retrograde Venus, being peregrine and retrograde doesn't sound like a very potent medication. I notice there is a lot of malefic activity going on in this chart: Mars in the First, Moon Sextile Saturn. It seems like the emphasis here is on control and exercise, whereas the medication is probably tertiary in importance.

Mercury receiving the medication is a positive testimony, so I think she should take the medication to help her, but she doesn't need to rely on it to get its job done.

Technical note: Mercury is not Combust because he is in his domicile (there are several texts that mention this as being a mitigating factor; a planet in their chariot is under an umbrella of sorts)
__________________
Coming events cast their shadows before them.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 05-28-2012, 05:43 PM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
I don't think the medicine will help her lose weight. If we take the medicine as retrograde Venus, being peregrine and retrograde doesn't sound like a very potent medication. I notice there is a lot of malefic activity going on in this chart: Mars in the First, Moon Sextile Saturn. It seems like the emphasis here is on control and exercise, whereas the medication is probably tertiary in importance.

Mercury receiving the medication is a positive testimony, so I think she should take the medication to help her, but she doesn't need to rely on it to get its job done.

Technical note: Mercury is not Combust because he is in his domicile (there are several texts that mention this as being a mitigating factor; a planet in their chariot is under an umbrella of sorts)
Thanks for helping. I don't really want to dash her hopes just yet. Could we look further at Venus Rx? I've just heard from her that the medication she wants is in v short supply. There is a shortage of its main ingredient. So yes, the medicine is literally lost and peregrine. It's normally a benefic, but the Rx could mean the short supply! She tells me she exercises an hour a day and eats pretty well. I'm pretty sure it's not her own doing, but you never can be sure, right?

What about Moon sq Saturn? That is probably her pessimism.

Also, what do you mean saying you don't think it'll help her, but after that she should take it?

Last edited by SagiCap; 05-28-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 05-28-2012, 06:26 PM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
It seems like the emphasis here is on control and exercise, whereas the medication is probably tertiary
If I haven't reached my quota of questions for the day, may I ask, how do you see control and exercise emphasis in the chart please?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 05-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Kaiousei no Senshi's Avatar
Kaiousei no Senshi Kaiousei no Senshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Quote:
I've just heard from her that the medication she wants is in v short supply. There is a shortage of its main ingredient. So yes, the medicine is literally lost and peregrine.
It could be a literal manifestation of it, certainly.

Quote:
Also, what do you mean saying you don't think it'll help her, but after that she should take it?
I apologize for my apparent inconsistency there. I'm at UAC and they like to keep us really busy and shove a lot of information at you if you attend all of the lecture slots. I had lost all sense of grammatical syntax and consistency at that point!

What I mean is, I don't think the medicine itself will help her lose weight, but that it could assist her. I don't think the medicine would be the primary reason she lost weight.

Quote:
If I haven't reached my quota of questions for the day, may I ask, how do you see control and exercise emphasis in the chart please?
Moon Sextile Saturn in Libra, ruler of the Fifth and Sixth houses suggests control, balance, and proportion in food. Mars Square Mercury suggests exercise. My concern is that she probably has an easier time with exercise (since Mars is in Mercury's domicile and exaltation) and she may struggle with the dieting and proper portions and such due to the Moon applying the Sextile from the detriment of Saturn.

No quota for questions today, I just got out of a horribly bad lecture on horary...
__________________
Coming events cast their shadows before them.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I'll use the Part of Medicine (day formula ascendant+jupiter-sun) to delineate the answer

-querent = 1st house = Virgo = Mercury
-co-significator = the Moon
-Part of Medicine (POM) falls @ 15 Virgo
-POM posits querent's house = + testimony (querent and POM have same significator)
-Moon flows toward the POM = + testimony
-Mercury flows toward the POM = + testimony
-querent/POM significator Mercury is posited in the 10th house (traditional house of remedies and treatments), angular, lord of 10th house is also Mercury all of which = + testimony
-however, the 10th house also posits the SN, which afflicts all c0mponents of the 10th house which = - testimony
-POM is in a pitted degree of Virgo: blocked!!

Totality of testimonies = +4 and -1 testimonies, for a net +3; however the POM in the pitted degree, and significator Mercury (and indeed the 10th house) afflicted by the SN, leads me to say: POSSIBLY the medicine will be of benefit (can't hurt), but in my opinion based upon this chart, I would not be too hopeful of HOW MUCH the medicine will actually accomplish.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Anachiel Anachiel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,462
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

I'm just curious, looking at her significators, how over-weight is she? I mean, this is not the chart of an obese querent by far!
__________________
“You are never alone or helpless. The force that guides the stars guides you too.”~ Shrii Shrii Anandamurt
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:05 AM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
It could be a literal manifestation of it, certainly.

I apologize for my apparent inconsistency there. I'm at UAC and they like to keep us really busy and shove a lot of information at you if you attend all of the lecture slots. I had lost all sense of grammatical syntax and consistency at that point!
How exciting! Enjoy it, Karousei!! Please do come back and tell us all about it when you're able. And please don't apologize. I value all your help a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
What I mean is, I don't think the medicine itself will help her lose weight, but that it could assist her. I don't think the medicine would be the primary reason she lost weight.
Gotcha. I figured, just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
Moon Sextile Saturn in Libra, ruler of the Fifth and Sixth houses suggests control, balance, and proportion in food. Mars Square Mercury suggests exercise. My concern is that she probably has an easier time with exercise (since Mars is in Mercury's domicile and exaltation) and she may struggle with the dieting and proper portions and such due to the Moon applying the Sextile from the detriment oturn.
That makes sense, but still confusing because last summer she had a "heart condition/issue" for lack of a better word, act up where the doctor couldn't figure out what it was. We were just having dinner and then walking after it and she had some kind of reaction and found it hard to breathe. I took her to emergency that day and they couldn't figure out why it happened. Lately, she's been saying she wants to jog and I told her that's just crazy-talk. I'm scared for her. Perhaps it just start off with walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
No quota for questions today, I just got out of a horribly bad lecture on horary...
Oh no! Why was it horrible? I hope you went to other amazing lectures to balance this one out?
__________________
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with a******s.” -William Gibson.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:09 AM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachiel View Post
I'm just curious, looking at her significators, how over-weight is she? I mean, this is not the chart of an obese querent by far!
I totally saw that as well. Mercury Gemini is probably a descriptor I'd give an anorexic! If she reported the time wrong to me, I'd expect a stricture against judgement. II couldn't really figure it out, except that she has heavy Gemini natal. I then thought it could be descriptive of the way she's supposed to eat and move, like a Gemini? She's about 180 and 5' 7". I'm not sure about the weight exactly. I've never asked her outright.

Last edited by SagiCap; 05-30-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:17 AM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I'll use the Part of Medicine (day formula ascendant+jupiter-sun) to delineate the answer

-querent = 1st house = Virgo = Mercury
-co-significator = the Moon
-Part of Medicine (POM) falls @ 15 Virgo
-POM posits querent's house = + testimony (querent and POM have same significator)
-Moon flows toward the POM = + testimony
-Mercury flows toward the POM = + testimony
-querent/POM significator Mercury is posited in the 10th house (traditional house of remedies and treatments), angular, lord of 10th house is also Mercury all of which = + testimony
-however, the 10th house also posits the SN, which afflicts all c0mponents of the 10th house which = - testimony
-POM is in a pitted degree of Virgo: blocked!!

Totality of testimonies = +4 and -1 testimonies, for a net +3; however the POM in the pitted degree, and significator Mercury (and indeed the 10th house) afflicted by the SN, leads me to say: POSSIBLY the medicine will be of benefit (can't hurt), but in my opinion based upon this chart, I would not be too hopeful of HOW MUCH the medicine will actually accomplish.
You never disappoint. Thank you. I read this with so much interest, because we had been doing some digging about the medication/OTC and it's controversial in the way it works (not the content) and it works with the digestive system, flushing out the fat EXCUSE THIS PART into an oily substance. The fat bypasses digestion, basically. It's called Alli-Orlistat. Since she has an unidentified heart issue, I tried to help her find something that wouldn't influence metabolism or cause jittery-ness or any heart complications. I found it funny the medicine was "blocked" pitted degree when it does the opposite.

To put things in perspective though, you and Karousei both came out with the same conclusion. It wouldn't hurt, but would be iffy how much it would help the end result.
__________________
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with a******s.” -William Gibson.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:30 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Right-weight loss, since it involves metabolism, is not an easy matter to accomplish in cases where the amount of weight is substantial and there has also been a long term tendency to excessive weight. Certainly a Jupiter issue, with ramifications involving Saturn, Moon, even Venus, and questions arising also regarding the strength of Mars and the Sun (which 2 planets favor weight loss) in the energy field of the individual. Saturn can cut either way: it tends to favor simness (being, like Mars, a basically catabolic influence) but can also result in blockage and bring in its "heaviness" quality, in sustaining long term overweight conditions.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
SagiCap (05-31-2012)
  #14  
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:34 PM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Ok, she's driving me a bit crazy, but she had made this chart and asked me to look. I think it's a yes though. Any confirmations?



SaturnRx rules the 6th and is in her 3rd
Saturn is RX but strong in own exaltation.
Saturn is in fall of the Sun. (So medicine doesn't like my sister?)
Moon applies to conjunct Saturn/health
Moon exalts Saturn i.e. Really wants this to work and believes in it, but "exaltation" by it's own definition means seems better than it really is
Moon appylies to trine Venus (10th h success/medication) In fact, its the dispositor of both the Moon and Saturn, but Venus is RX too. Not sure about that. Hopefully, it means returning to a time when she was weighing less? That's a stretch...
__________________
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with a******s.” -William Gibson.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:38 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Yes I would go along with a moderately + answer regarding this chart; it tends to confirm the somewhat + indications from the first chart...I re-iterate that I do believe the medication will be of some benefit to her, but I don't think it will be as deeply beneficial as is hoped for-but, there are reasons to be positive about its helpful effects.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:53 AM
SagiCap's Avatar
SagiCap SagiCap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,343
Re: Will the medication work? Weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Yes I would go along with a moderately + answer regarding this chart; it tends to confirm the somewhat + indications from the first chart...I re-iterate that I do believe the medication will be of some benefit to her, but I don't think it will be as deeply beneficial as is hoped for-but, there are reasons to be positive about its helpful effects.
Thank you! So we've come to the same conclusion, but you see only moderate help. I saw a trine. I'm not sure why the difference, but I know you've used your method. To be clear, the first chart and the second ask about different meds. Well, the first is a medication, the second is a natural supplement (ketone of some sort, she says.)
__________________
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with a******s.” -William Gibson.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
loss, medication, weight, work

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment sushil_yadav Spiritual Realm 38 05-16-2015 07:34 PM
Will company send work again? KatyaVelikaya Career-related Horary Questions 4 02-20-2012 06:40 PM
Difficulties finding Work beatnikgirl Read My Chart 6 06-14-2009 11:58 AM
will our work relationship soured? Springup Horary Questions on Relational Issues 0 04-15-2006 04:48 PM
Saturn challenges - finding career direction.. balefully Vocational Astrology 5 03-15-2006 09:14 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.