Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 10-03-2011, 08:42 PM

neptune synastry?

can anyone add anything to the description of hard aspects with neptune (esp, venus, sun, mars, and/or moon)

i keep running into the same type of information, and was wondeirng if anyone has anythng new to add. all i've been able to find was articles that

- say that the neputne person leads the other on (not always for ill intetnions, but for the purpose of holding on to that persons affections.
-there's also a lot of mention of illusions, the planet person projecting thier ideal partner image on to the neptune person
-some level of resenment on the part of the neptune person that results from having to live up to the ideal

anything else

Last edited by wowreally; 10-13-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion o ness
Re: neptune synastry?

For me, I think Neptune is the hardest planet to deal with......

It just messes with your head, you think everything/ or the person is the most perfect person in the world... It like plays tricks on you.. You can only see the good, and it makes you feel amazing like your on cloud 9, and nothing can ever bring you down...

Then one day, you realize this person/thing isnt perfect (in your eyes) and in some way you are soo let down, by the fantasy of being on cloud nine.. You feel wronged and disappointed. You feel like the person lied to you, and was playing you all along...
It just crushes you, because it felt so right. So amazing!

Sometimes Neptune is deceptive, but from what I have experienced, its more of wanting the other person to think your perfect...

Here is an example... Maybe a weird one, but its what I can think of...lol

Lets say you like and cheese and I dont...
Because I want you to think Im perfect, I will tell you I like cheese also, and eat it with you... Your thinking, omg this person likes cheese, this person is soooooo great and awesome... I love that they eat cheese with me.. This is the best person in the world!!!!!!!!!! Im sooooooooooooooooo lucky to have found this person.. He LIKES Chees LIKE ME!!! OMG its amazing!!!!!!!
Even though you met other people that likes cheese before, it just feels so right for you, and perfect...
But then one day you see me spit out the cheese...
You feel lied to, and betrayed, why lie to me about it? Why not just tell me you dont like cheese.. Why lie? Your a liar!

Neptune says I wasnt lying, I was doing it for you, because I know you like it and I just wanted you to be happy.. If I like it tooooo, you will like me.. I was afraid to tell you that I dont like it, because then you wont like me anymore.

Thats neptune..

When you have neptune contacts.. You HAVE to be honest, and just say I dont like cheese....

Ok soooo its a wee bit corky...
Ok so its a funny way to describe it.. But Im sure you get my point..

Neptune wants to be perfect for the planet.... and will do/say anything to prove they are perfect.

Last edited by Lion o ness; 10-03-2011 at 11:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lion o ness For This Useful Post:
SagiCap (04-19-2012)
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:45 PM

This made me smile! I recognise what you described, Lion o ness. I once (or twice) was the type who said she liked cheese but back at the ranch, she didn't. Not really, at least. It's not a conscious decision to like cheese. At least not in my case. It all felt pretty organic at the time, but of course, the truth eventually comes out though at the time, it definitely didn't feel like a lie. Then I got angry for the other making me eat cheese. I sometimes wonder if the other ate cheese for me. It doesn't look like it. They seem to still be the same as always with the same habits, patterns and characteristics. While I have changed (on the outside, at least) considerably. For the first time in many years I am single and feel I can finally be me without prejudice. This has been tremendously liberating.

Having said that... Neptune brings a quality to life I much appreciate. Without it, life seems dull but it sure has its pitfalls
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:09 AM

Yeap.. I admit Ive been caught up in Neptune's web... Ooo so hard to pull out of...

I LOVED the cheese! Couldnt live with out it!
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:14 AM

Haha! Haven't eaten cheese since my last break up. Even better... I'm vegan now (in a metaphorical sense)!

I think it's natural to get sucked in by Neptune's web when you're in love. I think you have to, otherwise most relationships would never even have a chance to take off.
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
Haha! Haven't eaten cheese since my last break up. Even better... I'm vegan now (in a metaphorical sense)!

I think it's natural to get sucked in by Neptune's web when you're in love. I think you have to, otherwise most relationships would never even have a chance to take off.
Yeah true.... I do like Neptune, but at the same time.. I dont.. I love the Neptune feeling... But worry about, when the fog clears...

I had WAYYY to much Neptune with someone... I felt like the Angels themselves dropped him on my door step just for lilttle ole meeeeeee.... LOL
I fell into Neptune... Look at me.. LOOK AT ME!!! Im perfect! Im wonderful! Love me...
Or is that my Leo

LOL

but seriously I never felt it that hard before...
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:16 AM

wow, I loved reading this.
I have loved cheese, not loved cheese, you name it.
I love cheese, but may be allergic to it....
Bittermoon, I too am metaphorically vegan, for the first time in ages and loving it.

Oh neptune....I have Pisces on my descendant so Neptune rules my 7th house of relationships
Rose colored glasses, spiritual connections, psychic connections, intoxication, fantasy worlds.
My two major relationships had North node and neptune conjunctions.
With one of them I had my venus square his neptune and my NN conjunct his neptune. This man was/is psychically taped into me. He says I am to him too. We both loved the spiritual psychic side of each other. We both had illusions about the other and big dreams that never manifested. I can't say one more than the other.
The last guy I dated had his sun square my neptune. For a brief moment, we were wonderful Then we weren't. My dreams and his personality did not mesh and it was obvious to me very early.

I am curious how the neptune in capicorn generation is as opposed to those of us with neptune in saggitarrius.
Unread 10-11-2011, 04:47 AM

I like this thread....I like cheese too! But I am allergic to Blue Cheese.
I had my venus sextile his neptune, and his venus conjunct my neptune with someone....
We were so completely fascinated with each other, did not end well though, I ran.....really fast!!!!
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:17 AM

Mannn you guys are cheese crazy!

But I like cheese toooooooooooooo
Unread 10-11-2011, 08:29 AM

I had Venus square Neptune with an ex. My Neptune, his Venus. He could never see the real me !!!! From day one I was his Goddess ... eventually I grew tired of standing on the pedestal

But it was good while it lasted.
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:11 PM

Neptune is such a pain in synastry. Just constant misunderstandings, reading too much into things, getting indirectly hurt and keeping it to yourself…it has a way of deteriorating a relationship from within. Sure you’ll communicate with smoke signals, Morse code, jungle drums and flags…but actually using words? Being direct? Saying what you actually feel? That’s crazy. Communication is meant to be special and through telepathy only (at least according to Neptune ).I love that big blue dumb planet, but sometimes it really annoys me.

Six years of Moon square Neptune is enough to drive you insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion o ness View Post
When you have neptune contacts.. You HAVE to be honest, and just say I dont like cheese....
I love this lol!! Very sweet and accurate.
Sagittarius is my #1 dominant sign, Jupiter #2 dominant planet! Jupiter, Uranus & Neptune in the 9th. One day I'll travel the world! Japan you're first
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tokyo.lights For This Useful Post:
GPrincess (01-10-2017), Optimistic Approach (04-18-2012)
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:44 PM

It runs smoothly (at first), and everything is magical and feels meant-to-be 'til you come back down to earth and stop making excuses for the other person and see them for who they really are, or communicate effectively - that helps too. Even so, it can still be tricky; because some people don't want to wake up from the dream. It takes two! Once the fairy tale effect wears off, things tend to fall apart usually. Lots of confusion.

Not the easiest planet to deal with, that's for sure. But it can still be beautiful if handled properly.
"Because I never have any definite destination. This ship is not for going to places, but for getting away from them. When I stop at a port, it's only for the sheer pleasure of leaving it. I always think: here's one more place that can't hold me."
— Ayn Rand

Last edited by Optimistic Approach; 04-18-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Neptune is such a pain in synastry. Just constant misunderstandings, reading too much into things, getting indirectly hurt and keeping it to yourself…it has a way of deteriorating a relationship from within. Sure you’ll communicate with smoke signals, Morse code, jungle drums and flags…but actually using words? Being direct? Saying what you actually feel? That’s crazy. Communication is meant to be special and through telepathy only (at least according to Neptune ).I love that big blue dumb planet, but sometimes it really annoys me.
You summed it up perfectly!
"Because I never have any definite destination. This ship is not for going to places, but for getting away from them. When I stop at a port, it's only for the sheer pleasure of leaving it. I always think: here's one more place that can't hold me."
— Ayn Rand
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:18 AM

Thumbs up Re: neptune synastry , by my story

In relationship , most of the times I had have my Neptune squared/opposed to my ex. I don't know why but it is so ...

In my previous relationships, I think I might have my ex Bfs miss-understood me as a sweetest, perfect characters - as I am stellium libra, sun sign in Libra wouldn't make it hard to be true at first glimpse.
Although I have Neptune hard contact With thems plus my characters should be expressed like Libra , but I also have an intense character of Pluto, Mars, Urenus ,Saturn in my chart . Plus I 'm quite a straight-forward person with strong characters of Mars/Urenus in Stellium Scorpio

My ex. tend to think I'm so perfect for them. The words "Perfect" from a man'mouths , I feel nausia to heard sometimes because life is not so easy that someone can only be glamour and no- mistake , this even make you feel uncomfortable to meet their high/unreal standard .

So, for me if you see any of your Syn-chart that have Neptune in hard aspect .

- If you a napetune person : being a straight-forward in politely expressed can help you to get a fog out of the situation . if you are ready for relationship and you are so genuie ,you can tell them what you really are . Take the beginning of enchanted moment of naptune tell them would be the best time to tell! Don't let the fog fade away before you never have a chance to explain all of it because when the clound 's gone , the opposite truth came up , u can't have any chance to explain what is really going on - which is so sad sometimes.

- if you are planet person,deceived by Napetuniain : I think , well, you study astro right? you then run a syn-chart of you and him for sure Then beware of the Deceptive area . If you handle with CONSCiOUS and CAUTION base on truth. Soon, you def. find out the truth.

For me , I have never decieved by my ex Naptunes at all .. But I have the transit Napetune in my 5th Hose for almost 7 years!!!!!
So, I think god won't punished me more with strong Napetunian contact with others

I remember those 7 years in the 5 th house , it was very very very hard time for me when speaking about the Lovers! I tend to decieved and dissolved by others very deep. And it's a period that I long for love , idealistic relationship , finding unicorn ...lol

You could imagine how it 'd like in last 7 years right?

The worst part is when Neptune opposed to my Venus. I 'm deal with my heartache , dreamt of marriage -man which he 's also has attention to me. . At that time, it was like I'm so crazy about him , like he was the one . But when Napetune was not in an orb with my Venus , it also leaved my 5th House, all of sudden --> Every feeling has completely gone , I can be myself again , I don't need to think any songle minute about him and I feel free from enchanted!!

And most of all I feel really pround of myself that during my hard Napetunion time , I make No Mistake in relationship at all. That have proved my genuie and my strenght when the hard situaion come , when think about that time , which you almost falled hard with the wrong one and you can escape it ,make a good choice base on your true sincerely .. That's bring you another spiritualy level

Sorry, for the long story
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:58 PM

Thanks for the timely bumps on the Neptune synastry posts! I have my Moon in opposition to her Neptune. We have broken up and gotten back together many times... which is very unusual for me. I suppose that I'm disillusioned about who she is. In essence Neptune is the great illusionist to me in this case. It is very challenging and draining as it seems I'm in constant confusion and that resulting in frustration.
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:13 PM

In my experience with strong Neptune contacts in synastry - if it's your Neptune, you can be under a spell of lots of illusions-delusions, you just can't see the other person for who they really are or be objective about what's really going on in the relationship, kind of like it's all in a dense fog..
You put up with things you wouldn't put up with from other people and it's hard to get away, the relationship is very sticky - you keep trying to make it work..keep trying to give to the other person what they need or you think they need- to the point of exhaustion - the Neptunian theme of sacrifice.. ..and all this happens unconsciously without you even intending it..
There's always an element of idealizing your partner or the relationship, feeling that it is special or fated..
It takes a lot to break through the fog and to see clearly what is really happening, and to make changes or pull away.. it also depends on the other aspects in the synastry ..
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:19 PM

How ironic that this is a very enlightening thread for us. Oh nebulous Neptune...

The guy I'm dating and I have Sun conjunct each other's Neptune. No problems in that regard. I don't have feel any confusion issues. We're definately experiencing it in a different way. I know we're very in tune with each other, it feels telepathic. ie: ill be in the car, worried about something and he'll blurt out "you don't need to worry about that." Out of the blue. So what the heck is that??

Last edited by SagiCap; 04-20-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Unread 04-19-2012, 07:46 PM

ah man.

i have to say i didnt thoroughly read all of this thread.

but the
"smoke signals, morse code" bit
made me have to respond
because
its soooooooo funny.

it has such truth.
example:

(neptune associated love person) : "i think she wants me to call her."

(friend) : "oh ok. call her then."

(n.a.l.p.) " "what?!! thats crazy talk. oh my goodness." (breathing
heavy/heart beating out of chest)

(friend) : "well didnt she ask you to call her?"

(n.a.l.p.) : "no."

(friend) : "what?"

(n.a.l.p.) : "i can feel it. shes trying to tell me to call her."

(friend) : "ah man. ummm, you should probably call her then? i
guess."

(n.a.l.p.) : "no way! what do i do?!!!!!" (leaning against nearest
object due to faintness)

MY POINT:
i dont think communication is supposed to be so neptune between any two people.
COMMUNICATION BALANCES NEPTUNE.
so,
more and more
i actually think the challenge/reward of neptune lies in COMMUNICATING.

no smoke signals.
a good old fashioned chat .

hey, im not under estimating the potential challenge to do so,
but
us humans having this balance down no problem,
how beautiful a world!!
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAre View Post
ah man.

i have to say i didnt thoroughly read all of this thread.
Dude, you are definately missing out on some good cheese then.

I think you're spot about the communication comments...

Last edited by SagiCap; 04-20-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:54 AM

What's the difference when Neptune is in good aspects only trine's or sextiles?
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
What's the difference when Neptune is in good aspects only trine's or sextiles?
Well I would think its an easy and positive flow of energies, instead of Neptune exacerbating the contact, it should enhance it in all of the positive ways that Neptune can. (And it CAN.) I think like Saturn, Neptune gets a bad rap. It does have qualities we require in Synastry expecially. My goodness, how absolutely boring would love be without it? I'm going to go as far as saying that positive Neptunian interactions are integral to love.
The Following User Says Thank You to SagiCap For This Useful Post:
Lion o ness (04-20-2012)
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagiCap View Post
Well I would think its an easy and positive flow of energies, instead of Neptune exacerbating the contact, it should enhance it in all of the positive ways that Neptune can. (And it CAN.) I think like Saturn, Neptune gets a bad rap. It does have qualities we require in Synastry expecially. My goodness, how absolutely boring would love be without it? I'm going to go as far as saying that positive Neptunian interactions are integral to love.
Thanks I like that

Im stuck in a Neptune thing, and I wonder what the fog is because for me it just seems so FAB U LOUS! lol
Both are Neptunes are aspected with each other with sextiles and trines, with the exception on his moon conjunct my neptune.
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks I like that

Im stuck in a Neptune thing, and I wonder what the fog is because for me it just seems so FAB U LOUS! lol
Both are Neptunes are aspected with each other with sextiles and trines, with the exception on his moon conjunct my neptune.
Here's a link if you're interested that touches on pos/neg effects and then the need for balance in the comments below. http://www.libraseekingbalance.com/archives/1642

Note the Saturn "grounding" can be helpful to hold up some substance in that rosey glow.

Here's another link (but I haven't read it properly on my phone yet. http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/8219806 It just looks good....I don't know, just seems like its got to be good, (is that a Neptunian comment?)

Last edited by SagiCap; 04-20-2012 at 04:24 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SagiCap For This Useful Post:
Lion o ness (04-20-2012), PisceanPallas (04-20-2012)
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagiCap View Post
Here's a link if you're interested that touches on pos/neg effects and then the need for balance in the comments below. http://www.libraseekingbalance.com/archives/1642

Note the Saturn "grounding" can be helpful to hold up some substance in that rosey glow.
Thanks... Yes there is some grounding Saturn..
Unread 04-20-2012, 07:38 AM

lion o ness.

.. look at the mercurys of whats going on.
meditate on it.

....maybe hopefully plutos knocking mercurys around hopefully.
and take it on.
all lovely lion-like.
and roar a lot. in there somewhere.

i was howling earlier today .
lets it be.

Tags
neptune, synastry