my venus return for 2010

milkywaygirl

never ran a venus return before, but was reading through this area so ran mine, and would love some feedback since i'm not too familiar with the finer interpretation points, i'll give it a stab though. heres my venus return and my natal compared to it:

venus conjunct sun and nn in 1st - this coming year will be replete with the venusian principle, in the first house, seems quite positive for me, bringing new people to me, positive relationships that i will grow from, i will be focussing on me and will be happier for it. so much in capricorn, seems like i will be quite in charge and feel in control when dealing with whatever/whoever comes my way - as opposed to feeling swept away i will feel stability in my self when dealing with new relationships. my natal has very little earth so its nice to see so much earth in this return chart! i've definitely been wanting some more "grounding" in my life.

capricorn asc - this is so pleasing to see! i'll be graduating from school in june and will effectively "be my own boss", i am really looking forward to starting my business and achieving my little place/status in the world. with saturn on the cusp of the 10th in libra, ruling the cap stellium and in mutual reception with venus, seems very promising for me? my saturn return is over so i'm not so scared of saturn sitting at the top of my chart as i once may have been.

pluto/mercury rising - not sure how to interpret this other than what i read somewhere, it was saying that pluto on the asc brings lifechanging relationships into the fore for that year in a venus return.. but the addition of mercury? big thinking/contemplative year in addition?

uranus in pisces sextiling venus/sun/nn from the 3rd - a "speeding up" coming from my immediate surroundings? perhaps its what i've been thinking, that i will be able to draw a lot of business from my friends neighbours and people in the neighbourhood. uranus is conjunct my natal mercury, maybe its just a continuation of all the illuminations and inspirations and zest for learning and absorbing new ideas that i've been having lately, and that continuation feeding my venus/sun/nn.

mars and vertex conjunct in leo in 8th - i'd hope that this would be a man showing up at some point! that would be quite exciting. with both of them ruled by the sun which is conjunct venus, seems to bode well in terms of a potential intimate relationship for me?

so comparing venus return to natal, that whole cap stellium is sitting in my 2nd house, so there will be a focus on the development of my values, self worth, income?? havent had a decent income in a while since i've been studying.

that vr mars/vx conjunction is in my 9th and conjunct my natal black moon, not sure what to make of that conjunction, but perhaps i'll meet a man abroad?

vr jupiter conjunct natal mars in 3rd - giving a boost to my energy/drive, helping me to use my natal mars to achieve venusian goals this year?

vr mc in 11th in scorp opposed natal chiron - using my innate healing powers to help friends in a profound way? i've already started doing this, i'm in school for massage therapy and already am building up a client base bit by bit, all are friends/acquaintances. maybe this is more of that.

that mystic rectangle involving natal nodal axis and natal mc/ic and mercury, and vr nodal axis and vr uranus looks a little intense, not sure how to even start with it but the overall feeling im getting is the ability to go in the right direction in terms of public status via career, and pleasure in the results thereof.

what do you think? let me know what you think and if you see something else or see something differently.

Last edited:

milkywaygirl

just realized that mars, mercury and saturn are all rx in my venus return, any ideas how this would affect my vr? little dissapointed about that mars rx conj vx! i tried looking back to the date when mars went rx to see if i had met anyone on that date or if anything substantial had happened that may be in the cards for me in the future regarding vr return, it was dec 20 and i spent it alone at home, boo..

ideas welcome!

edit: my regular computer is down (mercury rx, it blew up the other day! waiting for mercury to go direct to get it fixed!!), so i dont have access to my astro program. if anyone could tell me the dates for the following it would be appreciated:

when mars first conjuncted vx
when mars conjuncted vx in retrograde motion
when mars will conjunct vx again when it goes direct.

Last edited:

DiDi

HI GUYS
do you do a venus return by making the chart to the venus degrees and real time of birth to cast a chart?
I have no idea other than that to do one.. many thanks:biggrin:

sagvirgorising

I think you just need to find the exact degree of venus according to when you were born (from your natal chart) and make it like a normal birth chart going by the ephermis, I have found my venus in the same degree as natal but over the space of 7 minutes houses can change depending on where that venus is - so it may be best to go backwards and forwards a few minutes so you get an idea. (I think)
:)

sagvirgorising

Actually.....because venus stays in the same degree (as I suppose other planets do) for over 7 minutes or more with no reliable venus return chart facililty how can we know what's right? The solar return chart at astrodienst goes by the sun's degree, but if venus stays there for so long and it impacts on possibly being between one cusp or another how can we be sure? Would we have to check by natal as to how many minutes into that degree venus is and count backwards until it reaches the number below? Does anyone understand what I mean? Or am I talking jibberish?!! :)

Gwenyhfair

The most romantic weekend I´ve ever had was during a venus return. At the same time sun was conj desc, merc conj sun, pluto trine venus

AND

lunar return

:love:

it was magic. Me and my lover got stuck on an island when the motor of the boat broke! Suddenly there was an unexpected heatwave and nature just bursted into bloom. It was unplanned.

Another year venus retrun was same day as solar return. That time I started my long term relationship, it was not good all over the many years it lasted, but the first month was romance all over!

Last edited:

milkywaygirl

i thought i'd revisit this to see how my interp compares to my life, might be helpful to some!

venus conjunct sun and nn in 1st - this coming year will be replete with the venusian principle, in the first house, seems quite positive for me, bringing new people to me, positive relationships that i will grow from, i will be focussing on me and will be happier for it. so much in capricorn, seems like i will be quite in charge and feel in control when dealing with whatever/whoever comes my way - as opposed to feeling swept away i will feel stability in my self when dealing with new relationships. my natal has very little earth so its nice to see so much earth in this return chart! i've definitely been wanting some more "grounding" in my life.
this has been panning out to be pretty true so far, venus here i think even is indicating the new positive relationships i have been forming with women thus far. over the new year i cut several people out of my life who i felt were just not good "friends" and who i felt taken advantage by - with the friendships i have now, i definitely feel in control and not used/taken advantage of (a problem as i'm a pisces sun/moon). even with men i have been meeting, i feel much more in control of the situation as opposed to in the past.

capricorn asc - this is so pleasing to see! i'll be graduating from school in june and will effectively "be my own boss", i am really looking forward to starting my business and achieving my little place/status in the world. with saturn on the cusp of the 10th in libra, ruling the cap stellium and in mutual reception with venus, seems very promising for me? my saturn return is over so i'm not so scared of saturn sitting at the top of my chart as i once may have been.

as saturn is rx in my vr return chart, and with neptune and chiron currently transiting my natal mars by conjunction, this has been a very slow process, but one that is coming to fruition slowly and steadily. tr neptune conjuncting my natal mars at this time has definitely slowed things down, and i just had to stop fighting the fact that i cant act fully in the way that i'd like in order to establish my business. i'm just letting it happen naturally - when i let go, it started moving again.
pluto/mercury rising - not sure how to interpret this other than what i read somewhere, it was saying that pluto on the asc brings lifechanging relationships into the fore for that year in a venus return.. but the addition of mercury? big thinking/contemplative year in addition?

this definitely has been a big contemplative year, and although i am generally contemplative by nature, i feel that my contemplations are actually resulting in a lot of inner changes. havent had the pleasure of a serious lifechanging relationship yet, but i still have a few more months to go til my next venus return!
uranus in pisces sextiling venus/sun/nn from the 3rd - a "speeding up" coming from my immediate surroundings? perhaps its what i've been thinking, that i will be able to draw a lot of business from my friends neighbours and people in the neighbourhood. uranus is conjunct my natal mercury, maybe its just a continuation of all the illuminations and inspirations and zest for learning and absorbing new ideas that i've been having lately, and that continuation feeding my venus/sun/nn.

i would definitely have to say that there has been a lot of activity that relates to this venus return chart, and all that activity is happening right around me, my neighbourhood to be specific.

mars and vertex conjunct in leo in 8th - i'd hope that this would be a man showing up at some point! that would be quite exciting. with both of them ruled by the sun which is conjunct venus, seems to bode well in terms of a potential intimate relationship for me?

mars was actually rx in the vr chart. this to me is the most interesting aspect of the vr chart, as i have had to re-visit several love relationships from the past with men who i had strong vertex ties with. i feel that this year has been a year that i have come to terms with and "put to bed" those relationships, it has actually been a great feeling to feel a sense of "doneness" with those relationships that ate away at me for so long. with this new feeling of being done with the old, i feel more confident in myself, and ready to embark upon new positive and meaningful relationships.

so comparing venus return to natal, that whole cap stellium is sitting in my 2nd house, so there will be a focus on the development of my values, self worth, income?? havent had a decent income in a while since i've been studying.

my values have definitely become more concretized this year and my self worth has increased by leaps and bounds; being so piscean i have always had a problem with deciding on what it is that i value and what my goals are in life. so that has definitely been a positive experience. no additional income yet but theres always hope! :)

vr mc in 11th in scorp opposed natal chiron - using my innate healing powers to help friends in a profound way? i've already started doing this, i'm in school for massage therapy and already am building up a client base bit by bit, all are friends/acquaintances. maybe this is more of that.

this is very interesting to me because i feel that it actually relates to the fact that i have started seriously practicing yoga this year, in an attempt to heal my outer and inner self. vr mc in the 11th i feel indicates my new association with my two yoga instructors. i have pluto natally in 11th and have always shied away from group associations of any kind, but this is the first time in my life that i feel like i really want/desire to "belong" with a group, my instructors, and their teachings . the opposition to chiron i feel is indicating the healing of my (public)self that is occurring through my yoga practice. i think mc is also an indicator of some "back of my mind" aspirations to become a yoga teacher myself... not anytime soon but its definitely there. i feel a subtle push from my two instructors as well in that they want me to pursue that path and do teacher training.

gemini59

Thanks for sharing this... Venus returns are interesting to watch as they unfold.With Venus in the first Venus return house most of the Venus activity would have happened in the first part of the Venus year.

To those trying to calculate a Venus return chart. I would suggest looking at the exact minute and seconds of your birth venus and then playing around with the chart till you get as close to the second or minute of the venus as it returns. Then you will have a better picture of your real return. Also do not forget to 'relocate'.

The second house emphasis is the key, the placement of venus, and since second natal house is rising then 8th is also a focus. This would loans, rebirth, money from others, from spouse, rehabilitation.
Look for the highest point in the chart as this will be what is most public. This can either be natal or venus planets. You use equal. I tend not to use this. But I would consider either natal as closest to the MC and on the 9th side. Thus reflecting your changes in status completing school. just one perspective.

Planets on the angles are great in showing expression. Moon in the first is about change, mothers, women but too about emotions and flux. In the first house this would be a more personal picture. In Cappy, more restrained emotions or reserve. But part of fortune with it is favorable to personal image and luck.

Venus with sun, ruler of the 8th, is indicative of rebirth of old relationships (8th is rehab. but also psychological or psychoanalysis). Since it is in the first this again reflects inside you or someone with a deep sexual (8th house) interest in you or money coming to you from your mate.

Venus rules 10th and 5th thus these houses will have venus focus..money, pleasure, all things venusian.

Keep us posted and thank you for sharing. I enjoy Venus returns as they tell me a lot. I am not too familiar with the nuances of the equal house system but I respect the process of learning about everything.

DiDi

ive had a re read of this and i forgot how to erect one
i have the date this venus returned to my natal... do i cast the chart as the time i was born ? thanks

ummm yep i think thats how its done if not its a fluke on my shitty love life and restrictions in what ever im trying to do this year... nice one its not like ive had good years to counteract this one lol

saturn is the ruler of my 5th right on my asc... nice...not!
i find sun and venus conj in my 5th... yeah i would have though good stuff only as the ruler is sarurn on my asc i think it shows restrictions in the romance dep...
and is opposing the ruler of my 7th mars placed in my 11th of hopes and wishes.... lol oh it get better hahaha my moon 29 deg gemini... critical degree on my mc... career or job has been the focus this year for sure...and yes im in (gemini 2 minds) to keep going with the tourism course or get a job now... if i get casual and have to leave the course it may not pan out so ive been advised to stay in the course as i wont get this opp again ....

Last edited:

Claire19

My Venus return in August in the 8th I received an additional income through others assets and connected to work, sextiling Pluto in 6th. A stipend which allows me to live well. :smile: I was waiting for that one. In days gone by it may have heralded a love affair but I am past that. I was able to travel well with the Mercury sextile and in the 6th of hotels, accommodations etc. It happened on my birthday this year.

Last edited:

Claire19

I think you just need to find the exact degree of venus according to when you were born (from your natal chart) and make it like a normal birth chart going by the ephermis, I have found my venus in the same degree as natal but over the space of 7 minutes houses can change depending on where that venus is - so it may be best to go backwards and forwards a few minutes so you get an idea. (I think)
:)
Looking at your natal chart and the Venus return I think we can look at a couple of days transit.....The aspects that Venus is making that echo in the natal chart are significant for that short period of time.