The Synthetic Lifeform.

MTTY05

I think this creation is a milestone scientific achievement. There is a chance that considerable wealth could be created by new industries that will be made possible through synthetic lifeforms. The possibilities seem endless. It's my hope that this new fusion of biology and engineering further advances human civilization.

Imo, the science itself is great. My only worry is that this could be used detrimentally if this ever got into the wrong hands. Who is going to control/own these new organisms? Have they figured out how prevent these things from reproducing too much?

docker

I respect all the previous opinions. When something new appears in industry, I am just thinking......Is this natural? Is this something that nature providing to me in a natural way? If my answer is no, then I can easily imagine that this invent can cause so many problems instead of good things. Let's say an example. Human invents television. How useful today is the tv? I know what are you thinking about it. Yes I know...Tv helps many people, connect countries and share the same image the same time all over the world. And many other positive things that you already know. But this is the positive side. What about the negative? Who wants to measure the two sides? People are not happy today for so many reasons. Please take a look at older people who lived without so many comforts in past. Look the pollution that people and science produce. Look around you! We are slaves of industries. Human has a talent to destroy. Of course the invention of Craig Venter is great and he will be proud for his invention but I am afraid that this is another invention that people will pay lot of money to obtain.

docker

Ok, describe a bad thing that nature made and thousand bad things that human did. Nature keeps everything in balance. Human not. I respect your thoughts!

P.S. Please they are some members here that english is not our mother tongue (including me). Please use more simple words but at the same time your way of writing gives us the opportunity to learn new words! Thank you.

Last edited:

docker

With one or the other way, human destroy human race and the nature around us. I am talking about invention ImNotThere. Of course Freud helped a lot with his theories. Definitely many people did great things for the human kind. But there are also others who take advantages of these and turn the good into bad. Internet? Radio? I have already answer that. Of course there is positive side into these inventions. The negative? We spend electricity so pollute earth, getting addicted to technology (tv, mobiles, transportations, and so many other things) and isolated from other people. We care about money (most of). We are looking to spend all the oil of the earth cause we need energy. We cannot produce energy by ourselves? We are so idiots. We invented viruses so eliminate the human race (Aids, H1N1 and so many others). We build nuclear heads. Is it good? Is this good for the human race? All these are inventions by human. The intentions was good but there are people who trying to benefit from these. I am sure that there are many good people but so weak in front of others. I invest my energy into spiritual things and the good use of energy of technology. I support new inventions but only if they don't get against human race. Thank you.