Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 09-16-2014, 03:52 AM

Re: What Kind of Music do you like

I love music!!!! I listen to everything and anything (mainstream music, alternative music, indie, pop, rock, alt rock, r n b, trip-hop, country, k pop/asian pop music, reggae, rap, dancehall, soca, african contemporary music, etc.)

I haven't really ventured into heavy metal/ death metal/ black metal (if you got any recommendations let me know). I want to get more into folk, jazz, classic rock, punk, etc. If you any recommendations

Saying all that there are certain genres I cling too especially depending on my moods. I can be moody too (scorpio moon, venus pisces, moon sextile neptune...etc.)

When I am happy/excited/optimistic/ extroverted moods I like lighter, upbeat, loud, stupid, funny, less meaningful music pop, rap, reggae/dancehall, soca, african music. I usually listen to artists like Cheryl Cole, Lady Gaga, Little Mix, Kiesza, 2NE1, Marianas Trench, Queen, Janelle Monae etc.

When I am sad/tired/ reflective/ introverted moods I like darker, slower, quieter, more intellectual, more meaningful music, alt rock, country, introspective rap, trip- hop, quiet storm, jazz. I usually listen to artists like The Fray, The Weeknd, Marianas Trench, The Script, etc.

Right now I've been listening to ed sheeran give me love, hozier/kiesza take me to church, Paramore ain't it fun, yemi alade-johnny!!!!! btw I can go on and on..................

Unread 09-16-2014, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickidan View Post
I love music!!!! I listen to everything and anything (mainstream music, alternative music, indie, pop, rock, alt rock, r n b, trip-hop, country, k pop/asian pop music, reggae, rap, dancehall, soca, african contemporary music, etc.)

I haven't really ventured into heavy metal/ death metal/ black metal (if you got any recommendations let me know). I want to get more into folk, jazz, classic rock, punk, etc. If you any recommendations

Saying all that there are certain genres I cling too especially depending on my moods. I can be moody too (scorpio moon, venus pisces, moon sextile neptune...etc.)

When I am happy/excited/optimistic/ extroverted moods I like lighter, upbeat, loud, stupid, funny, less meaningful music pop, rap, reggae/dancehall, soca, african music. I usually listen to artists like Cheryl Cole, Lady Gaga, Little Mix, Kiesza, 2NE1, Marianas Trench, Queen, Janelle Monae etc.

When I am sad/tired/ reflective/ introverted moods I like darker, slower, quieter, more intellectual, more meaningful music, alt rock, country, introspective rap, trip- hop, quiet storm, jazz. I usually listen to artists like The Fray, The Weeknd, Marianas Trench, The Script, etc.

Right now I've been listening to ed sheeran give me love, hozier/kiesza take me to church, Paramore ain't it fun, yemi alade-johnny!!!!! btw I can go on and on..................
Metal is life, Metal is love.

Try out some Slipknot and see how you feel about them.

LyP introduced me to a band called Opeth and I fell in love.
Unread 09-16-2014, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAREFREE View Post
@CAREFREE someone is feeling frisky!!!! ...... I love otis redding voice ....... I love sitting at the dock of the bay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmUhYSr-e4

I also love otis redding's That's how strong my love is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsI_nFmi3jY
Unread 09-16-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Metal is life, Metal is love.

Try out some Slipknot and see how you feel about them.

LyP introduced me to a band called Opeth and I fell in love.
Thanks!! What songs from those bands to you like? I need a direction!!! Btw why do you like metal??
Unread 09-16-2014, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickidan View Post
Thanks!! What songs from those bands to you like? I need a direction!!! Btw why do you like metal??
Slipknot- Sulfur, Snuff, Psychosocial, People equal ****, Dead memories. Those are some of my favs. Try em out.

Opeth- Harvest (Linked that one already), Bleak, The drapery falls, Dirge for November. I could go on, but I'm kinda sleepy atm. \m/

As for the why of it? Short answer: Power and depth. I love the feeling that swells within my very soul while it plays. The power and passion that come out of the instruments, The boldness of the lyrics, I eat it up. I can't listen to music that has no meaning, like a lot of what is on the radio.To me, a song has to be deeper than partying or simply rocking out. I need music that speaks to both the darkest and brightest places of my spirit and metal usually has very...deep (If not rough) lyrics. I love it.

That came out a lot more serious than I wanted it to....
Nickidan (09-16-2014)
Unread 09-16-2014, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Slipknot- Sulfur, Snuff, Psychosocial, People equal ****, Dead memories. Those are some of my favs. Try em out.

Opeth- Harvest (Linked that one already), Bleak, The drapery falls, Dirge for November. I could go on, but I'm kinda sleepy atm. \m/

As for the why of it? Short answer: Power and depth. I love the feeling that swells within my very soul while it plays. The power and passion that come out of the instruments, The boldness of the lyrics, I eat it up. I can't listen to music that has no meaning, like a lot of what is on the radio.To me, a song has to be deeper than partying or simply rocking out. I need music that speaks to both the darkest and brightest places of my spirit and metal usually has very...deep (If not rough) lyrics. I love it.

That came out a lot more serious than I wanted it to....
Thanks!!!!! I'm sleepy too!! Will check this out!!!! Have a nice rest!!!