Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 08-26-2014, 09:13 AM

What is your interpretation of Jupiter in the 1st house?

What is your interpretation of Jupiter in the 1st house? Natal Jupiter is in detriment in Virgo, and Leo/The Sun is my 1st house ruler.

Unread 08-26-2014, 04:32 PM

Re: What is your interpretation of Jupiter in the 1st house?

Leo rising...means you lion-esque in your behaviour. With jupiter there, means you're larger than life perhaps.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukdesifem For This Useful Post:
Nickidan (08-26-2014)
Unread 08-26-2014, 06:40 PM

Smile Re: What is your interpretation of Jupiter in the 1st house?

Before saying anything about this placement, one must know the aspects involved with it, as to whether it's expression will be beneficial and positive, or negative and detrimental in influence. What house does it rule?

We think of Jupiter as expansion and growth, both personally and socially; it relates to education, the law and spiritual awareness. In this chart, It can bring luck and opportunity generated largely by the way you express yourself in relation with others. It denotes generosity, charity, joviality, judiciousness, optimism and joy, which will generate support and encouragement from others if favorably aligned.
If not, if can generate judgement, intolerance, prejudice and rejection directed back at you by others.
Nickidan (08-29-2014)
Unread 08-26-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdesifem View Post
Leo rising...means you lion-esque in your behaviour. With jupiter there, means you're larger than life perhaps.
Many 'larger than life' personalities are NOT Leo Rising
NOR do they have Jupiter in 1st

also

some with Jupiter in 1st with Leo rising
are NOT 'larger than life' personalities

AND

since

Leo is the home territory of THE SUN
then
aspects to and from Ascendant/Sun/other natal planets
are an influential factor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Nickidan (08-29-2014)
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:18 PM

@kimbermoon: I don't want to get too intellectual here! I wanna to analyze each placement separately/individually before I factor in aspects and all that other stuff. I know it can be a bit hard, being how intricate/complex astrology is, but I just want to know your interpretation of Jupiter in the 1st house. The Natal Jupiter is in detriment in Virgo, and Leo/The Sun is my 1st house ruler.

Last edited by Nickidan; 08-26-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:20 PM

@JUPITERASC: What are some other "larger than life" placements? Can you give some examples?

Last edited by Nickidan; 08-26-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:21 PM

@UKDESIFEM: Can you go a bit deeper in this interpretation?

Last edited by Nickidan; 08-26-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Unread 08-26-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickidan View Post

@JUPITERASC: What are some other "larger than life" placements? Can you give some examples?
I simply responded to this comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdesifem View Post
Leo rising...means you lion-esque in your behaviour.

With jupiter there, means you're larger than life perhaps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Nickidan (08-29-2014)
Unread 08-26-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
@kimbermoon: I don't want to get too intellectual here! I wanna to analyze each placement separately/individually before I factor in aspects and all that other stuff. I know it can be a bit hard, being how intricate/complex astrology is, but I just want to know your interpretation of Jupiter in the 1st house. The Natal Jupiter is in detriment in Virgo, and Leo/The Sun is my 1st house ruler.
You can't look at each factor in isolation. You've to look at them within context. If you WANT to do it that way, you've got some work to do on your own. Research what Jupiter represents, look up what the 1st house represents, look up what it means for a planet to be in detriment, try to understand what Jupiter is like when in detriment, understand what Virgo is, understand what Jupiter is like in Virgo, note Jupiter's aspects and look up what each of those means (meaning you'll have to interpret the other planets as well), look up the meanings of the houses that Jupiter rules, see what it means for the houses that Jupiter rules to interact with the house that Jupiter is in, look at Jupiter's ruler Mercury; what is Mercury doing?

And at that point you have a basic understanding of what Jupiter is getting at and as you can see, just this involves understanding a great deal more than Jupiter. This isn't even getting into the more complex stuff either, which would further specify what Jupiter means.

Basically, no one can just tell you what Jupiter in the 1st means in your chart without seeing the entire chart.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sworm09 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (08-27-2014), Nickidan (08-29-2014), Zarathu (08-27-2014)
Unread 08-28-2014, 12:51 AM
Banned

I'm all for looking at each factor in isolation. Why not? We know we'll have to synthesize it all eventually...but by pulling it apart we see all the pieces.
Jup in 1st takes up a lot of space, person is either loud, imposing, or charismatic. He is easily noticed. Often moralising and bringer of new ideas...
And I agree with Kimbermoon : "can generate judgement, intolerance, prejudice and rejection directed back at you by others."
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:
Nickidan (08-29-2014)
Unread 08-28-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post

I'm all for looking at each factor in isolation.
Why not? We know we'll have to synthesize it all eventually...but by pulling it apart we see all the pieces.
Jup in 1st takes up a lot of space,
person is either loud,
imposing,
or charismatic.
He is easily noticed.
Often moralising and bringer of new ideas...
Not necessarily..... the sign location of Jupiter introduces variables
Quote:
And I agree with Kimbermoon : "can generate judgement, intolerance, prejudice and rejection directed back at you by others."
Nickidan (08-29-2014)
Unread 08-28-2014, 09:36 PM

It would depend on which sign, and even the duads and their signs.

A 1st House Jupiter in a Cancer/Virgo duad would be weaker than in a Leo or Aries duad.

Generally though, Jupiter would be powerful in the 1st house, though I agree not necessarily loud or charismatic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukdesifem For This Useful Post:
Nickidan (08-29-2014), sworm09 (08-28-2014)
Unread 08-28-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I'm all for looking at each factor in isolation. Why not? We know we'll have to synthesize it all eventually...but by pulling it apart we see all the pieces.
Jup in 1st takes up a lot of space, person is either loud, imposing, or charismatic. He is easily noticed. Often moralising and bringer of new ideas...
If you do this you're going to end up with a whole bunch of separate factors that you're going to struggle to put together when the time comes. Trust me on that one. You've got to look at each and every piece of that placement (aspect, signs, dignities, houses, and yes, even duads) before you can even attempt to interpret it in toto.

To show you what I mean, let's say that you go ahead and say that Jupiter in the 1st is loud, charismatic and is easily noticed. Ok.

But what if Jupiter is in Pisces trine Venus with Jupiter ruling the 9th? Sounds to me like this person is more spiritual and gentle than charismatic or loud.

What if Jupiter is in Virgo ruled by Mercury in Capricorn with Saturn squaring Jupiter? That would be less loud and charismatic and more meek, reserved, and "earthy".

What if Jupiter is in Capricorn square Mars who is in Libra? Sounds a little more dogmatic and domineering eh?

These are relatively general examples, but you get what I mean here. Even relatively small things like sign placement, house rulerships and aspects can change what a planet in a house means. You can't just say Planet A in this house means this thing. You're going to end up with a bunch of confusing contradictions if you do it that way.

Like I said, look at the sign, the aspects, the house rulerships piece by piece rather than making a general interpretation. Trust me, if you use general interpretations, you WILL end up confusing yourself.

Last edited by sworm09; 08-28-2014 at 10:57 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sworm09 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (08-28-2014), Nickidan (08-29-2014), Zarathu (08-29-2014)
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Banned

Sworm, your way sounds more complicated than mine! lol

I understand what you're saying, but I don't believe such configurations would make the whole Jupiter energy dissapear...
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:28 AM

@JUPITERASC and @sworm09 Ok I see, I mean I will post my natal chart, btw sworm09, thanks for explaining it like that, it becomes clear to me now I can't avoid posting my chart!!!

Last edited by Nickidan; 08-29-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:28 AM

Quote:

Sworm, your way sounds more complicated than mine! lol

I understand what you're saying, but I don't believe such configurations would make the whole Jupiter energy dissapear...
evidence shows the contrary to that personal belief you have
Quite simply, not all 1st House Jupiter nativities have identical characteristics
due to sign considerations
as one of many factors
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:31 AM

@Rick: See you understand what I mean. I really do want to understand everything separately and together; which is probably very time consuming and stressful!!! I just wanna understand each of all the planets/placements/aspects individually and then collectively in my natal chart before I begin to analyze it more.

Last edited by Nickidan; 08-29-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:40 AM

Ma chart!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Astrodienst with extras drawing astrologer weekly.jpg (77.6 KB, 17 views)
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Banned

Oh you have a bucket!! Meaning that movement/changes come from your Jupiter. It's like the PIVOT planet.
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Ma chart!!!!!!!!
Hellenistic and ancient astrology refers to the four angles of the chart
i.e.
ASC/DESC/MC/IC

as

the four PIVOTS of the chart

so
natal Mars is located on a PIVOT
i.e.
on Descendant

Saturn also is in the 7th and so is located in a PIVOTAL house

natal Moon is on a PIVOT
i.e.
on IC

so

due to being located in areas of strength
these are PIVOTAL planets for you
Unread 08-30-2014, 01:55 AM

@Rick can you explain further what a bucket chart mean? do you mean that jupiter is a very important planet in my chart and causes changes and actions?
Unread 08-30-2014, 02:05 AM

@JUPITERASC: Can you explain this further? From what I can understand Mars, Saturn, the Moon are important in my chart? What about my Jupiter? What's the significance of my Jupiter in my natal chart?

By the way isn't the planet Saturn placed in my 6th House and not in my 7th House (isn't Venus and Mars in my 7th House? ..... is there a Saturn conjunction in my 7th house (since my 7th house ruler is Aquarius and my Saturn in in Aquarius???).... bit confused?
Unread 08-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Banned

The Bucket : In this quite frequent pattern, like in the preceding pattern, all the planets are gathered in one hemisphere, i.e. within a maximum of 190 degrees, but with a planet or a conjunction of planets posited apart from the main group. A minimum distance of 30 degrees, and preferably of 60 degrees, must separate the isolated planet/conjunction from the main group. In this bucket pattern as in the bowl pattern, the concentration of energy is also very high, with a leading planet and a trailing planet (always taken in the natural order of signs, i.e. Aries, Taurus, etc. through Pisces). The concentrated energy is released through the isolated planet, also known as the Apex, which channels the entire dynamism of the chart and constitutes the native's privileged focal point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:
Nickidan (08-31-2014)
Unread 08-31-2014, 01:03 AM

Quote:
The Bucket : In this quite frequent pattern, like in the preceding pattern, all the planets are gathered in one hemisphere, i.e. within a maximum of 190 degrees, but with a planet or a conjunction of planets posited apart from the main group. A minimum distance of 30 degrees, and preferably of 60 degrees, must separate the isolated planet/conjunction from the main group. In this bucket pattern as in the bowl pattern, the concentration of energy is also very high, with a leading planet and a trailing planet (always taken in the natural order of signs, i.e. Aries, Taurus, etc. through Pisces). The concentrated energy is released through the isolated planet, also known as the Apex, which channels the entire dynamism of the chart and constitutes the native's privileged focal point.
Ok..... so the leading planet is Jupiter??? So Jupiter is important in my natal chart?
Unread 08-31-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:

@JUPITERASC: Can you explain this further? From what I can understand Mars, Saturn, the Moon are important in my chart? What about my Jupiter? What's the significance of my Jupiter in my natal chart?

By the way isn't the planet Saturn placed in my 6th House
and
not in my 7th House
(isn't Venus and Mars in my 7th House? .....
is there a Saturn conjunction in my 7th house
(since my 7th house ruler is Aquarius and my Saturn in in Aquarius???)

.... bit confused?

The house location of any natal planet
is entirely dependent on the house system chosen

easily verified by checking a selection of any of the fourteen different house systems
on offer at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE
http://www.librarising.com/astrology...ignhouses.html

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion
than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'.Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" of horoscope,
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing birth chart.
ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites
were definite power points
or areas of intense focus,
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.
There's no real basis for astrological houses -
They derive from misunderstanding
true nature of Ascendant and Midheaven factors in astrology,
Ascendant representing Earth/terrestial sphere, and Midheaven representing Sky/Heaven /celestial sphere....'

'...If any house system should be used at all, it should be the Whole Sign House system, where the ascendant sign becomes the whole first house and the others follow. Ascendant point can then fall anywhere in the first house and the midheaven point anywhere in the upper half of the chart. The Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks and the Hindus(who still use it today). It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence, and immediately eliminates the awful mess astrologers have made on the issue over the last 1300 years or so....'

WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=42163
WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=39669

Tags
house, interpretation, jupiter