Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 03-07-2014, 09:26 PM

Should I become a d!ck!?!

Apologies for the wording here.. But this is how my boyfriend worded the question when he asked me.. He has given me permission to post this. He manages a team of people at work and at present they all seem to be taking advantage.. So the question is , should he take a more punitive approach and not worry so much? He is very much a negotiator in life.. He has tried these tactics and they do not seem to work..
So to sum up, does he have permission to let go and be an A hole if he needs to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHOULD I TAKE MORE CONTROL.jpg (84.6 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by MissScorpio; 09-10-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Unread 03-08-2014, 05:43 AM

Re: Should I become a d!ck!?!

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary dogma and uses whole sign house format)

I'll use the Lot of Rectitude (right action, correct thing to do) for estimate an answer to this advice-request question:

I understand that the boyfriend asked this question, so I make him the querent:
-querent = 1st house = Libra = Venus
-his co-significator = the Moon
-the team of people under his direction at work = 6th house = Pisces = Jupiter
-the Lot of Rectitude (ascendant+mercury-mars, night formula) falls @ 28 Capricorn
a) querent Venus flows away from the Lot = no
b) co-significator Moon flows away from the Lot = no
c) team under his direction at work significator Jupiter flows away from the Lot = no
d) even the Lots dispositor Saturn, flows away from the Lot (by retrograde motion) = no

Using the Lot of Rectitude, I find a decided NO answer indicated to this question. Even looking at the question by the non-horary Magic 8 Ball divination, with the Lot falling in Capricorn this = Saturn which = a no answer by the 8 Ball rules, so I find all testimonies give a decided negative answer to this question...
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
MissScorpio (03-08-2014)
Unread 03-08-2014, 06:39 AM

Well he can go either way.

Reasons he can't be a dick: One he can be a pushover and a sensitive softy with his Sun in Pisces, Libra ascendant and mars, and Jupiter in Cancer. Pisces is sensitive, and very non aggressive (more pacifist, peace maker). Libra is charming, indecisive and diplomatic. Mars in Libra makes someone fair, and charming but also pleasing and passive aggressive. Its also in detriment in Libra, being the fact that Libra is not an aggressive sign. Cancer moody. Add that up a sensitive pacifist personality that appears charming and diplomatic and acts in this matter. Also to look at the career house, the midheaven in Cancer, he is seen as softie, emotional and in a vulnerable position. Having your midheaven in a water sign (ruled by the moon) makes one intuitive but sensitive to the needs of the public. He can give others what they want, though he may have a hard time if there is backlash

Reasons he can be a dick: Even so, he has potential to be a dick. His moon is in gemini can making him quick with words and a communicator. He can use his intellect to get his way. He can put aside emotions and think logically of ways to solve problems. Also his venus and mercury is in an air sign too, in Aquarius. Great communicator, aloof, rebellious, but also very team oriented. Even so, Aquarius is stubborn fixed and dogmatic. Also his IC is in Capricorn making a stable, logical, hardworking and tough person in his home and internal life

If he sets aside his personality and persona he can be a dick. It may upset the Pisces and Libra in his chart. Pisces likes peace and Libra likes to be popular, fair and weight stuff out. Moon in Gemini isn't really focus on leadership but learning and exploring new things. The real indicator of dickdom is the Aquarius venus and mercury who is stubborn, dogmatic, and opinionated. Though aquarius can be unstable and suddenly rebel or change course.

Overall 60% no and 40% yes. By the way its better to be direct than an A hole. He should tell them straight up they are taking advantage of him and that he won't stand for it. anyway that's my opinion
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickidan For This Useful Post:
MissScorpio (03-08-2014)
Unread 03-08-2014, 10:02 AM

Re: Should I become more powerful and not worry?

There may have been a misunderstanding here.. He does not wish to be an A hole but he has already been very assertive and punitive but he is naturally nice.. We are talking rising Taurus , he is actually very Venusian. By Sun he is Aquarius but you see he does not really like dispute.. What he meant was.. "Do I have the power to just let go , be powerful and not worry about it".

Sorry I think I should change the title!
Unread 03-08-2014, 02:20 PM

Re: Should I become more powerful and not worry?

The chart I see that you uploaded has a pisces sun and a libra rising, not an aquarius sun and taurus rising. I know you don't mean him being an ******* but more like pretendin to be one. Most of my comment still applies.
Unread 03-08-2014, 02:46 PM

Lol in his natal chart he is an Aquarius and rising Taurus.
I think more to the point, it is a question of trying to get people to respect him a little more.. sometimes you have to be a bit of a dick to do that I guess..
Unread 03-08-2014, 03:55 PM

the natal chart you attached (the attached thumbnail) above says his sun is in pisces and his rising is in libra..... you may want to correct that .........

anyways your boyfriend doesn't have to be a dick, just more assertive and direct. you can't make someone do something they don't want to do (including respect someone). he has to show them who's boss. that's his job to lead, some have it naturally some don't
Unread 03-08-2014, 04:05 PM

It's not a natal chart if you look carefully - it is a chart of the moment - a horary chart! How can it be a natal chart when it's dated 2014!?!?

Last edited by MissScorpio; 03-08-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Unread 03-08-2014, 04:06 PM

Some people do have leadership ability but it takes hurdles and experiences. I don't agree it's as black and white as that.
Unread 03-08-2014, 04:17 PM

I see my mistake
Unread 03-08-2014, 04:39 PM

It isn't black and white but some people have that natural ability and talent to lead. People just seem to respect and follow them. They have the natural ability to step up to the plate when the time comes. Others can learn it (it is possible). On both ends of the spectrum there are hurdles, hardships and experiences. But it can be less foreign and more natural to others. The fact that he is worrying and concerned with being a dick, shows it isn't natural to him. BTW the people under him that he is supposed to manage are being dicks. What are they exactly doing? How are they taking advantage of him? He don't have to get on their level. Maybe he can call them out and express to them that he feels he is being taken advantage of. You don't have to act like a dick or ******* to get your way. I mean its faster and easier but its just going to be more tension and problems. As a Taurus rising he already has the charm, so whatever he does he can still maintain his face/reputation.
Unread 03-08-2014, 09:19 PM

I thought you wanted to become a detective. So the querent wants to know if he should take a more punitive approach at work. He is Venus in the 5th house and the Moon is his job. Mars is probably the natural ruler of "punitive approach". Although Mars is in the first house it has turned retrograde and has no aspect with the Moon. The Moon is in trine aspect to Venus but separating. So I will say that the answer is no. Changing his approach to managing at least in that way is not going to work.