What could indicate a career as a veterinarian?

Cascada

I know this is really specific but I was just wondering. I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to look for. I want to be a vet, you see, but it doesn't seem to be in my chart (based on what I've read about animal-related careers so far).

Claire19

Mercury in Virgo on the midheaven or in the 10th or connected to the 6th house of work. A strong 6th house for domestic animals and daily work.

For large animals then Jupiter connected to the 6th house of work or the 10th of career. Pisces and/or Neptune in good aspect to Mercury or Jupiter would give the urge to heal and rehabilitate.

Last edited:

Cascada

Mercury in Virgo on the midheaven or in the 10th or connected to the 6th house of work. A strong 6th house for domestic animals and daily work.

For large animals then Jupiter connected to the 6th house of work or the 10th of career. Pisces and/or Neptune in good aspect to Mercury or Jupiter would give the urge to heal and rehabilitate.

Thanks for your help :) I don't really have many of those things you listed. I have Taurus MC with Venus in Virgo/2nd house, Mercury in 4th (Scorpio). 6th house is empty unless you use whole sign, which puts Neptune and Uranus in the 6th. No Pisces in the chart. 12th house empty. I have Neptune sextile Mercury, though Jupiter is squaring Neptune. I always thought my Mercury quintile Chiron (in Virgo, trine to my MC) was hinting at something in the healing field :joyful:

Cypocryphy

I know this is really specific but I was just wondering. I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to look for. I want to be a vet, you see, but it doesn't seem to be in my chart (based on what I've read about animal-related careers so far).

You would make an excellent vet.

After looking at numerous charts and discerning how one is best suited for one career or another, I have developed a different approach to this dilemma, which is to look at a persons temperament and innate scholastic and field-related qualities. I do not know whether this approach is taken by others, but it is the one that seems to work best for me. It comes from the understanding that many of us are multifaceted and multitalented.

So ask yourself this: What are the qualities of being a veterinary doctor?
  • You are going to have to be a healer.
  • You are going to have to heal through applying large amounts of knowledge effectively to critical situations.
  • You are going to have to study for long hours for a significant period of time.
  • You are going to see things that will often be upsetting, and you will have to truly want to make the lives better for all those in your care.

(This is not an exhaustive list but you get the idea.)

You are a night person, and many of your planets are operating under the cover of night, which means that some will operate better than others. But your Venus and Moon are doing relatively well, despite Venus in the sign of its fall. You have a great, caring heart, one that will be compelled to be of service to others as these planets are in the sign of the healer. Hence, this will be a large motivating factor for yourself.

You will also be motivated by generosity for you have a magnanimous soul as can be seen with the state of your Sun and Jupiter. You are already prone to higher learning with the condition of the Sun and Jupiter in Libra, which is also a position that exemplifies making things better for others.

You will certainly be able to take on rigorous study, as you have Saturn in the sign of its rulership aspecting your ascendant, allowing you to endure and apply mind for long periods of time, which you can see with its square to your Mercury, in the sign of Scorpio, conjunct Mars and Pluto. You will be able to gain a great amount of in depth knowledge. And with all your planets below the horizon, you are certainly a person who tends to keep to herself, despite being social. All these conditions mean that you would be able to persevere academically.

And Saturn rules the house of animals, and it is dignified, operating strongly in your chart. And as it touches your body and mind, you most certainly do have a connection to healing animals. It is something very much connected to you.

You would be great at this, and I recommend that you pursue it. I think it will bring a lot of happiness to you and those whom you help.

Culpeper

Premium Member
The 12th house rules horses, cattle, camels and all other large animals. Cats, dogs, sheep etc. are the 6th house. To show success with animals in any way the rulers of these houses should be angular, have essential dignity and be direct in motion. However, even if these houses are strong, it does not necessarily indicate a career. The career indicators must be looked at separately. It is a rather complex delineation.

poyi

Premium Member
In term of career, you need to look at pretty much the whole chart. After all we spend most of our life and daily hours at work and study for work. It is also because of our work and income we support our life and family.

For Veterinarian other than just the 10th house, 6th and 12th houses are extremely important.

Your ascendant sign, MC signs, planets and signs are Sun, Moon, Mercury, Virgo, Neptune, Pisces, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Moon nodes. Outer planets unless on angle or on axis or aspect to angle axis otherwise not so relevant.

2nd house is our possession, so the second house of the 10th->11th house will describe the source of income from our career. While 7th is the 2nd of the 6th income from our job, not career. If we are lucky enough to earn from hobby, sport, game, creativity, arts then 6th house will be the house of income from the 5th.

Mercury rules all kinds of doctors.
Virgo is health and services, small animals
6th is small animals/services.
Neptune is institution, sacrifice, large animals, medications.
12th house is large animals and self sacrifice giving out yourself for greater cause.
Pluto is healing profession as well
Moon obviously is the type of your caring nature
Ceres also rules nurturing
2nd house other than possession in material sense, it is also our talent.

Veterinarian will need to do surgery and see blood, cuts, wounds all the time, so should also look at your Mars. Mars and Venus also rules your passion about things that you feel strongly about and enjoy. Jupiter is your philosophy about life, hope, faith and JOY, so if you really really love a career, Jupiter should have some sort of connection to that particular house or ruler of the houses that suggests working with animals.

Moon nodes show you past and current life directions and goals to fulfill this life.

For example, I have Pluto in the 2nd house, and I work as a nurse which is a healing profession, Ceres in the 6th house, Sun square Ceres, Virgo ascendant, 11th house cusp is Cancer, Mars in Virgo, Neptune in the 4th square Mars in Virgo in the 1st and Venus in Libra in the 1st.

DC is Pisces which is the personal contact that I often have are related to Pisces, which as I said 7th is the house of 6th house's income. 10th house and MC in Gemini, Moon North node and Vertex conjunct MC, so my workplace (10th) is involving a lot of communication, use of hands and arms at work, constantly on the move, frequent changes at workplace (shift worker, working with all sort of people, handover, reporting, pathology data, analysis, talking to people, multitasking). My natal Mercury is in the 3rd house, which sextile Mars and Moon, and is the midpoint of Mars and Moon, Mars trine Moon in Capricorn.

One step further, progressed MC is another thing you can look at. My progressed MC is in Cancer for a long time and years to come.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
One more thing to mention is the Chiron the wounded healer.

To be a healer, you will need some significant aspect to Chiron and the placemen of Chiron also.

For example, my Chiron in the 9th house it trines Moon in Capricorn, as well as Venus and Mars, while it opposites Mercury the ruler of my MC and Ascendant.

If being a vet is your calling, the chart will point out all aspects of this message to you. You wont be able to not see it actually.

Cascada

You would make an excellent vet.

After looking at numerous charts and discerning how one is best suited for one career or another, I have developed a different approach to this dilemma, which is to look at a persons temperament and innate scholastic and field-related qualities. I do not know whether this approach is taken by others, but it is the one that seems to work best for me. It comes from the understanding that many of us are multifaceted and multitalented.

So ask yourself this: What are the qualities of being a veterinary doctor?
  • You are going to have to be a healer.
  • You are going to have to heal through applying large amounts of knowledge effectively to critical situations.
  • You are going to have to study for long hours for a significant period of time.
  • You are going to see things that will often be upsetting, and you will have to truly want to make the lives better for all those in your care.

(This is not an exhaustive list but you get the idea.)

You are a night person, and many of your planets are operating under the cover of night, which means that some will operate better than others. But your Venus and Moon are doing relatively well, despite Venus in the sign of its fall. You have a great, caring heart, one that will be compelled to be of service to others as these planets are in the sign of the healer. Hence, this will be a large motivating factor for yourself.

You will also be motivated by generosity for you have a magnanimous soul as can be seen with the state of your Sun and Jupiter. You are already prone to higher learning with the condition of the Sun and Jupiter in Libra, which is also a position that exemplifies making things better for others.

You will certainly be able to take on rigorous study, as you have Saturn in the sign of its rulership aspecting your ascendant, allowing you to endure and apply mind for long periods of time, which you can see with its square to your Mercury, in the sign of Scorpio, conjunct Mars and Pluto. You will be able to gain a great amount of in depth knowledge. And with all your planets below the horizon, you are certainly a person who tends to keep to herself, despite being social. All these conditions mean that you would be able to persevere academically.

And Saturn rules the house of animals, and it is dignified, operating strongly in your chart. And as it touches your body and mind, you most certainly do have a connection to healing animals. It is something very much connected to you.

You would be great at this, and I recommend that you pursue it. I think it will bring a lot of happiness to you and those whom you help.

Thank you for taking the time to write this :) you've made me see my chart in a different light. I start college (not Vet school yet) in September, so with any luck the path I'm on will lead me into the right direction.

I don't know if any of you will agree, but I heard Scorpio placements were good for surgeons?

poyi

Premium Member
Thank you for taking the time to write this :) you've made me see my chart in a different light. I start college (not Vet school yet) in September, so with any luck the path I'm on will lead me into the right direction.

I don't know if any of you will agree, but I heard Scorpio placements were good for surgeons?

Well 8th house is the house of surgery. Scorpio is the natural sign of 8th house, Pluto is the ruler of 8th or if you use Mars, both are transformation and use of sharp/blood/incision etc.

It will depending on how dignified your Pluto is. Pluto can be deeper than just surgeon, it has greater curiosity on research of the knowledge and truth under the surface. It is a better representation of occult science, human psychology and criminal science as well.

Cypocryphy

Awesome! :happy: You're going to do great! I'm glad I could help.

Scorpio placements do well, for sure. But take note of this fantastic situation you have going on for you: You have Saturn angular, squared by Mars, which is in the sign of its rulership at night, so you have this fighting nature to yourself that could very well be for the benefit of animals through the sixth house. This contact can also imply great stamina and strength.

Notice also how strong Mars is in the sign of Scorpio, being angular, in sect, in its sign of rulership. Mars is the planet of cutting, hence surgery and everything else. It is in opposition to your MC, so its going to be a quality that is infused in your career. And though it is an opposition, the state of Mars is such that the opposition is nullified in most respects and simply operates as a direct influence on your career. The surgical aspect of being a vet is something you can easily take under your wing.

See how suited you are to being a veterinarian? :joyful:

waybread

Can you post your chart?

Have you looked at the requirements for admission into veterinary school and for graduation?

This career requires a serious science background, as well as a love of animals. Love of animals without a love of science would probably indicate someone who operates a kennel or riding stable, breeds or trains animals, grooms dogs, runs a pet shop, volunteers at an animal shelter, or works as a veterinarian's assistant.

Virgo and the 6th relate more to small animals. Large animals are ruled by their respective signs (Taurus=cattle, Sag=horses, &c.)

If you have a big Scorpio stellium, you might think more of the life-and-death issues for animal rescue work.

Cascada

Can you post your chart?

Have you looked at the requirements for admission into veterinary school and for graduation?

This career requires a serious science background, as well as a love of animals. Love of animals without a love of science would probably indicate someone who operates a kennel or riding stable, breeds or trains animals, grooms dogs, runs a pet shop, volunteers at an animal shelter, or works as a veterinarian's assistant.

Virgo and the 6th relate more to small animals. Large animals are ruled by their respective signs (Taurus=cattle, Sag=horses, &c.)

If you have a big Scorpio stellium, you might think more of the life-and-death issues for animal rescue work.

Sure, here it is :joyful:

Yes I have. I started looking into it seriously about seven years ago (when I had to choose subjects in school which would help me with the career I wanted), and started my higher education last year. I'm now starting my diploma, and will continue either onto a degree or a Vet program (it all depends if I move to Australia like I plan to, as they won't have the Gateway program like England does).

It's not a big Scorpio stellium, it's barely a stellium :tongue:

Attachments

• reesbirthchart.jpg
    reesbirthchart.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 48

waybread

Cascada, if you were sufficiently motivated to prepare for entrance into veterinary school seven years ago, you probably have the motivation to succeed in the career, if it is still what you want. Saturn trining your sun-Jupiter can give you real staying power.

Maybe the question is more the type of practice. Your Scorpio Mercury, Mars, Pluto combo should give you a very penetrating mind. You look like a natural investigator. Mars and Pluto are strong in their own sign. This would make me think more of research rather than a typical practice, but your idealistic moon-Venus trine Neptune probably wants to do some good in care-taking for sick and injured animals. I am thinking a large animal practice-- if not in agriculture, perhaps for a zoo, marine mammal facility, or animal rescue charity.

I say this partly because I don't see a super-strong Virgo/6th house relationship (more associated with small animals like pets) but that Jupiter ought to be good for something.

Interestingly, Scorpio and its rulers are associated with reptiles, stinging or biting animals, as well as insects and their kin. Not the warm fuzzies, but fascinating in their own way.

Cascada

Cascada, if you were sufficiently motivated to prepare for entrance into veterinary school seven years ago, you probably have the motivation to succeed in the career, if it is still what you want. Saturn trining your sun-Jupiter can give you real staying power.

Maybe the question is more the type of practice. Your Scorpio Mercury, Mars, Pluto combo should give you a very penetrating mind. You look like a natural investigator. Mars and Pluto are strong in their own sign. This would make me think more of research rather than a typical practice, but your idealistic moon-Venus trine Neptune probably wants to do some good in care-taking for sick and injured animals. I am thinking a large animal practice-- if not in agriculture, perhaps for a zoo, marine mammal facility, or animal rescue charity.

I say this partly because I don't see a super-strong Virgo/6th house relationship (more associated with small animals like pets) but that Jupiter ought to be good for something.

Interestingly, Scorpio and its rulers are associated with reptiles, stinging or biting animals, as well as insects and their kin. Not the warm fuzzies, but fascinating in their own way.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of working with bigger animals, like in a zoo or something similar :love: though I've read it's really competitive, trying to get work in a zoo.
As much as I love small animals, I want more of a challenge, mentally and physically.