Critical Degrees

ethertwist

I have some random questions relating to this. My Venus is at 13 Cancer 42, is that therefore considered 13 degrees of Cancer or rather 14 degrees and should I be reading the Sabian Symbol for 13 or 14 Cancer or both? Also, my Moon is at 8 Taurus 26, does that qualify as being 9* and thus critical? I didn't realize until I read this thread that there was an orb influence with critical degress, I was under the impression that the planets had to be at exact degrees? Any insight would me much appreciated! :smile:

Thanks so much! I hope this works...

Attachments

• astro_w2at_17_kimbo_bean_hp_83650_28789.gif
    astro_w2at_17_kimbo_bean_hp_83650_28789.gif
    57.5 KB · Views: 36

myst1calz

Hi Milkway,

Just been reading an Astrology book and came across some information on the critical degrees, which you are always asking about. Which I have too because of our shared birthday.

I was reading about the decantes and how they can be interpreted from an esoteric point of view wherein they relate to the mind, body, and spirit.

Planets found in degrees zero to nine are physical and relate to the body.

Planets found in degrees ten to nineteen are mental and relate to the mind.

Planets found in degrees 20 to 29 degrees are the spiritual degrees and relate to the spirit.

Degrees "20" and "29" are the most powerful, with "29" relating to the pinnacle of spiritual attunement. Many people with this degree potent in their chart are psychically gifted.

Degrees "0" and "29" are thought to be "critical". The extreme spiritual sensitivity of "29" can make it hard for the subject to adapt to earthly conditions, whereas a "0" is just beginning to adapt. People with planets at "29" degrees rarely lead mundane lives. Trauma often besets them, creating escapism in many forms and especially accidents and suicide; but those who use their gifts positively are able to reach iconic states within their chosen field.

29th degree of any sign is known as the finger of fate. Planets and house cusps which occupy anarectic degrees indicate fundamental issues with which one must deal.

Miss S

Thx for providing an esoteric perspective on these critical degrees. It really fits me! Especially planets on the 29th!

fullmoonlibra

And what does it mean that my north node (conjunct sun) at 29 degrees in 9th house is square my part of fortune also at 29 degrees in 6th house?

fullmoonlibra

Hi Milkway,

Just been reading an Astrology book and came across some information on the critical degrees, which you are always asking about. Which I have too because of our shared birthday.

I was reading about the decantes and how they can be interpreted from an esoteric point of view wherein they relate to the mind, body, and spirit.

Planets found in degrees 20 to 29 degrees are the spiritual degrees and relate to the spirit.

Degrees "20" and "29" are the most powerful, with "29" relating to the pinnacle of spiritual attunement. Many people with this degree potent in their chart are psychically gifted.

Degrees "0" and "29" are thought to be "critical". The extreme spiritual sensitivity of "29" can make it hard for the subject to adapt to earthly conditions, whereas a "0" is just beginning to adapt. People with planets at "29" degrees rarely lead mundane lives. Trauma often besets them, creating escapism in many forms and especially accidents and suicide; but those who use their gifts positively are able to reach iconic states within their chosen field.

29th degree of any sign is known as the finger of fate. Planets and house cusps which occupy anarectic degrees indicate fundamental issues with which one must deal.

Miss S

What if both my north node (connjunct sun in 9th house) and part of fortune (on the cusp of the 6th house) as well as the cusp of the (empty) 12th house is at 29 degrees?
I really want to understand this, but I can't explain it myself.
I want to become a novel writer, I already write columns? Something to do with it?

dv.harsh

I have saturn at 29.1 degrees in scorpio in 2nd house from ascendant(libra)....
What does it signify...i read about saturn 29 degrees in capricon makes one workaholic ...what about 29.1 degrees saturn in scorpio???

I also have jupiter 26 degrees in pieces
ASCENDANT(libra) :- 13 degrees
SUN in SCORPIO :- 23 degrees
(ALL CRITCAL DEGREES IN ONE HOROSCOPE )

PLEASE TELL ME THE SIGNIFICANCE.

For Reference :-
DOB :- 10-12-1987
Time :- 04.05 am
Place :- mumbai (india)
Lat :- 18 N 58
long :- 72 E 49

Vagabondgirl

I dont like my moon being at the critical, 29th degree of Virgo. Also it is square Neptune and the moon phase is balsamic, last phase of the moon. Think maybe it makes me more confused about reality vs illusions!

gen6k

I have saturn at 29.1 degrees in scorpio in 2nd house from ascendant(libra)....
What does it signify...i read about saturn 29 degrees in capricon makes one workaholic ...what about 29.1 degrees saturn in scorpio???

I also have jupiter 26 degrees in pieces
ASCENDANT(libra) :- 13 degrees
SUN in SCORPIO :- 23 degrees
(ALL CRITCAL DEGREES IN ONE HOROSCOPE )

PLEASE TELL ME THE SIGNIFICANCE.

For Reference :-
DOB :- 10-12-1987
Time :- 04.05 am
Place :- mumbai (india)
Lat :- 18 N 58
long :- 72 E 49

you'll probably find out in a couple of years when saturn reaches 29 degrees, its reaching 29 of libra in about 3 weeks.

JenniferThiesing

00 degree capricorn moon, Oh my gosh that was a hard time definetly about adapting and valuing the things i have in life (2nd house). I went to jail and moved out of my moms because we were having bad problems when I had just turned 18. I expierenced enviorment shock, jail being the first and then moving somewhere else with other people. I moved back with a new out look, and changed my life. That was definetly critical..
My ascendant in Scorpio is 29 degrees. And this year has marked the beginning of my spirtuality. So we shall see :)

M

may28gemini

7 out of 10 planets for me are in late degrees (20-29 degrees).

I have these on the mark:
29 Gemini Mercury
0 Libra Jupiter

in addition:

3 Libra Asc (3 degrees off cardinal)
6 Gemini Sun (2 degrees off mutable)
20 Gemini Venus (3 degrees off mutable)
24 Taurus Mars (3 degrees off fixed)
3 Libra Saturn (3 degrees off cardinal)
28 Scorpio Uranus (near 29 critical degree)

What I'd like to know is, where are my millions?

Kukka

If your planet is at 0*0'-0*59', it's in the 1st degree. 8*30' would be the 9th degree. Etc.

According to this, Saturn 3*59'34 Saggitarius..

Venus Leo 20*35'27..

Saturn and venus have felt my strong points..

Gemini moon 0*17'46 would not be 0.. Is that is the definiton of a degree mentioned above.

PD187540

I wonder what a Sagittarius 2nd House (29 deg.) and Gemini 8th House (29 degrees) means. Jupiter in Sag in the 1st while Mercury in Virgo in the 10th.

princess valhalla

Hi Milkway,

Miss S

I read this online somewhere as well. I have Sun @ 29 deg Sag and Venus @ 29 degree Capricorn. My Neptune is @ 20 deg Sagittarius.

Planets from 20-29 deg not mentioned already are: Saturn, Pluto and Uranus. As well as my AC/DC axis.

Planets between 10-19 for me are: jupiter, mars and mercury.

Planets 0-9: Moon and NN (although not a planet, still important.)

My chiron is @ 9 deg Taurus, fixed sign.

M

may28gemini

I have Sun, Jupiter, and Saturn in early degrees. I actually do experience those planetary energies in the most concrete/physical way.

All my other planets are in late degrees: Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto

I have 20 Gemini Venus and 29 Gemini Mercury. Although I'm not sure that I would be a "psychic," I am quite intuitive and can pick up on things that are below the surface and I'm usually spot on when deciphering people's personality with little exposure to them (thankfully).

I have 0 Libra Jupiter in the 1st house and 29 Gemini Mercury in the 9th house.

Most of the time, as far as Jupiter/luck goes, I do feel like I am starting something, embarking on a new adventure and staking new ground. I always look something that's not well known or hoping to discover something new. I know that I'm a very lucky person.

For Mercury, often times I end up finishing whatever I come across and getting "the last word" was something of the utmost importance to me (but not anymore). I do escape into my mind quite often because the world is too stupid 9/10 of times and it exhausts me to be constantly exposed stupidity. Puzzles and games are a great source of entertainment for me but also, very essential to my sanity. I use to teach classes at the university level and I found that to be very fulfilling, but I couldn't imagine myself staying in academia for very long. Looking back on it, I probably should have stayed and been a lecturer because that was probably the one area that got me the most respect and gave me rewarding feelings to teach and train minds to think for themselves (even though I would get in trouble with authority).