tarot cards

DiDi

hi

when asking something like
"is it over with us" - only I was thinking in my mind "or will we make up"
and you get their significator in the tarot card
is that a yes or a no because if the card is comming up they are still around?

Iv e had mixed comments about it in the past so im wondering what readers here think?

many thanks
di

Last edited:

retinoid

I am not really sure what you are talking about. Are you saying you asked the question and then just pulled 1 card out of the deck and it was a card that represented them? I would have pulled a second card to determine the reading.

The two things I have learned when reading tarot cards is 1) to have a clear question or feeling. 2) to have a clear cut lay out so you know what each card represents.

DiDi

I am not really sure what you are talking about. Are you saying you asked the question and then just pulled 1 card out of the deck and it was a card that represented them? I would have pulled a second card to determine the reading.

yes retinoid and thanks for your help

yes the best way to do a reading is what you have said.
only sometimes we are thinking of a situation and pull a card for "thoughts on it"
when the person you think of significator comes up this is what confuses me... as to what it means.
1. could be the person is on your mind and its confirming that.
2. could be the answer to your subconsious question
3. could be just what you said out loud for the questions answer.
ahhhhhhhhhh:crying:

retinoid

yes retinoid and thanks for your help

yes the best way to do a reading is what you have said.
only sometimes we are thinking of a situation and pull a card for "thoughts on it"
when the person you think of significator comes up this is what confuses me... as to what it means.
1. could be the person is on your mind and its confirming that.
2. could be the answer to your subconsious question
3. could be just what you said out loud for the questions answer.
ahhhhhhhhhh:crying:

How do you know the card represents this person?

I did a reading and the page of wands represents a boy I have a crush on because I did a reading (my own made up spread)

-question
-answer
-additional information

so the question was the page of wands and thus it was him...

though the answer was the ace of pentacles reversed oh well :whistling:

How did you define the guy?

Zonark

It isn't smart to ask the tarot yes or no questions. A relationship is over when one or the other persons involved says it's over or until one or the other dies. A relationship can, for that reason, endure amidst all sorts of bad cards coming up as representative of its current state. The point of tarot is not to divine whether something will or won't work, it is to tell you what sort of situation currently is present energetically. You then decide from that whether or not you want it to work and based on the card(s) how you can resolve the problem. Tarot, by the nature of its design, respects free will but also respects the laws of fate.

dr. farr

I tend to agree with Zonark about yes/no Tarot questions: the nature of the symbols is to provide in depth indications regarding influences at work relative to a particular matter (or person, etc), rather than "yes/no", although of course, examining the nature of the symbol/symbols coming up, we can certainly get an idea of yes/no or favorable/unfavorable influences/developments: however, a "mechanical" method (card up = yes card reversed = no) really does not work very well (at least in my experience; I myself gave up attempting to use the mechanical up/down-yes/no method with Tarot, several decades ago) For simple yes/no, the Magic 8 Ball astro-divination method works very well...

DiDi

retinoid thanks for your question
How did you define the guy?
Ive studied tarot for over 15 years and i do use speads and I use my intuition to tap into cards as i analyse the complete spread using all the cards involved.

I have allways knows his signifer is the king of wands, i was with the guy for 8 years I am very aware of who he is in the tarot.

I didnt pull a clarifer card out as it stunned me to see him in the cards like that and i walked away, I have been thinking about its meaning ever since this morning.

My question is simply when one asks about a situation and the persons signifyer comes up... what would one think it meant?

Thanks Zonark and dr farr
I agree with you both 100%

zonark you did remind me that the cards are a reflection of "what is now"
Im a little to close to the situation.

This is what im wondering from everyone
when your asking a question and in the spread be it one or 10 cards there signifer comes up... WHAT WOULD ONE THINK OF IT GENERALLY?

would you see it as a back up that your spread is about this person?
or would it mean a more direct answer depending on the sourrounding cards?

Dr.farr

For simple yes/no, the Magic 8 Ball astro-divination method works very well...
a little scared to lol
but when im feeling like this again ill give it ago if i may?

Last edited:

dr. farr

Of course! NEVER be afraid to use the 8 Ball, and its so simple!!
Regarding your ? re to significator showing in the spread, I would say: both: backs up the relevance of the spread to the person AND you would look at cards surrounding it for more specific indications regarding that person.

DiDi

yep thanks again dr.farr
hope your well?

I think its a relevance to the question but it may not be the answer unless you can see what other cards are around.

Zonark

retinoid thanks for your question

Ive studied tarot for over 15 years and i do use speads and I use my intuition to tap into cards as i analyse the complete spread using all the cards involved.

I have allways knows his signifer is the king of wands, i was with the guy for 8 years I am very aware of who he is in the tarot.

I didnt pull a clarifer card out as it stunned me to see him in the cards like that and i walked away, I have been thinking about its meaning ever since this morning.

My question is simply when one asks about a situation and the persons signifyer comes up... what would one think it meant?

Thanks Zonark and dr farr
I agree with you both 100%

zonark you did remind me that the cards are a reflection of "what is now"
Im a little to close to the situation.

This is what im wondering from everyone
when your asking a question and in the spread be it one or 10 cards there signifer comes up... WHAT WOULD ONE THINK OF IT GENERALLY?

would you see it as a back up that your spread is about this person?
or would it mean a more direct answer depending on the sourrounding cards?

Dr.farr

a little scared to lol
but when im feeling like this again ill give it ago if i may?

Yes, better if it's a here and now situation. The cards interpret those best, divination with the cards is not as accurate the further projected into the future it becomes, due to the malleability of the future.

Well usually you use the significator for one reason; it omits that card from the spread's variables by putting it in as a fixed and non ambiguous element!

dr. farr

You can select a significator (ie a Court card) using an old time esoteric method which applied the ascending degree of a chart to select the Tarot card-spread significator:

a) erect a chart for the moment of the Tarot question

b) find the ascending degree

c) now find the term that ascending degree is in
- if the planet of the term is either Saturn or Jupiter, then the significator for the Tarot spread is a King
-if the planet of the term is Venus, then the significator for the Tarot spread is a Queen
-if the planet of the term is Mars, then the significator for the Tarot spread is a Knight
-if the planet of the term is Mercury, then the significator for the Tarot spread is a Page

d) once you have determined the Court card (as per c, above) determine which suit that significator Court card belongs to:
-if the ascending sign is Aries, Leo or Sagittarius, the suit = Wands
-if the ascending sign is Gemini, Libra or Aquarius, the suit = Swords
-if the ascending sign is Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces,the suit = Cups
-if the ascending sign is Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn, the suit = Pentacles

(Note: this method is taken from the same esoteric "line" that provided the information I outlined in my thread entitled, "Conversion of astro-data to Major Arcana symbols", also to be found here in the Spiritual Realm forum)

Neptune Rising

hi

when asking something like
"is it over with us" - only I was thinking in my mind "or will we make up"
and you get their significator in the tarot card
is that a yes or a no because if the card is comming up they are still around?

Iv e had mixed comments about it in the past so im wondering what readers here think?

many thanks
di

I have never fully understood why this happens, I get this sometimes. I got it yesterday in a one card draw and the man I was with is to me represented by this card, it was King of Swords. I can suggest that when the card turns up, perhaps the other person is in the driving seat in relation to your question, or in relation to the day (as in a one card draw)...

DiDi

thanks dr.farr
I like it, only im not good at determining "terms"
I dont seem to get it, i have more learning to do and ill try this method out to see what happens when i "get it in regards to learning terms"

thanks NR

I have never fully understood why this happens, I get this sometimes. I got it yesterday in a one card draw and the man I was with is to me represented by this card, it was King of Swords. I can suggest that when the card turns up, perhaps the other person is in the driving seat in relation to your question, or in relation to the day (as in a one card draw)...

I know hey ??? lol
when the signifyer card comes up about the person your asking about, it becomes a bit more of a layered meaning.

-I like what you are saying about its in the hands of the person rep the card (not us)
-I also find ill see the person in question or hear about something to do with them, Iam at the moment dreaming about the person every night.
I guess it could also represent they are in out thoughts.

I can actually will the card out of the pack with my thoughts ive done it several times.. spooky.
when your spiritualy linked to someone this can happen... probably just like knowing when they are going to call or you,l see them.

It makes sense like you said

perhaps the other person is in the driving seat in relation to your question
:biggrin:

dr. farr

Hi DiDi,
Terms are really easy to use: just find a list of them (I prefer to use the ones called Egyptian), then look at the ascending degree (its number in the sign) and find the term that has that same number: the planet is immediately shown in the term, and you can then use the little outline I gave, above, to find the Tarot Court card significator for the reading.

DiDi

oh thanks
Ive got a public holiday tomorrow so cool ill have some time to sort this out.
when i google terms only glossery names comes up
I dont supose you got a link Dr.farr?
many thanks

Last edited: