Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Humor

Humor Need a laugh? You'll be sure to find one here!

Unread 12-05-2011, 11:55 PM

Every Insult I Frequently Recieve

*yeah, this was funny, but only because it was stupid, and it was more stupid in a not funny way than in a funny way, so now it's gone*

Last edited by Rebel Uranian; 12-06-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:56 AM

Re: Every Insult I Frequently Recieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Uranian View Post
*yeah, this was funny, but only because it was stupid, and it was more stupid in a not funny way than in a funny way, so now it's gone*
That would have me in tears I'd be laughing so hard if someone said that to me.
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainedBlue View Post
That would have me in tears I'd be laughing so hard if someone said that to me.
BUT - funnily enough - no one said that to you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:22 AM

I have no idea what is going on in here.
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:31 AM
Banned

I know. What?!
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:50 AM

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here, (and I could be totally wrong), but I get the impression that RU deleted her original post and put that sentence in its place, to which stained (somewhat sarcastically, but it would appear good-humoredly) replied with "that would have me in tears I'd be laughing so hard if someone said that to me", after which he placed an emoticon/smiley exhibiting someone laughing [pretty hard] - (i.e. ). In response to this, Jupiterasc's "but - funnily enough - no one said that to you" post was also ironic (ba-doom-ching), and I imagine also in good humor.

But... If the first message WAS RU's original post then everything I wrote is flapdoodle.

The Following User Says Thank You to sequestra For This Useful Post:
SagiCap (04-01-2012)
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequestra View Post
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here, (and I could be totally wrong), but I get the impression that RU deleted her original post and put that sentence in its place, to which stained (somewhat sarcastically, but it would appear good-humoredly) replied with "that would have me in tears I'd be laughing so hard if someone said that to me", after which he placed an emoticon/smiley exhibiting someone laughing [pretty hard] - (i.e. ). In response to this, Jupiterasc's "but - funnily enough - no one said that to you" post was also ironic (ba-doom-ching), and I imagine also in good humor.

But... If the first message WAS RU's original post then everything I wrote is flapdoodle.
RU's post is the original one I responded to. RU is far too knowledgeable for that to be a true insult. Add the fact that it was posted in the humor section, I can't interpret the OP any other way. Regardless, my sense of humor is unusual and does tend to rub people the wrong way, but there's nothing malicious directed by my amusements. Even if it were outside the humor forum, there's nothing personal for RU to be offended by. A similar distinction can be made when people are angry in an argument: are they angry at the person or the view being represented? Views aren't people, therefore the person holding them shouldn't take offense to anger. Same situation for laughter -- unless it's spiteful and actually intended to be on a personal level. It's unfortunate that people do tend to identify with things outside themselves though, but I can't be held accountable for that.

JUPITERASC is hard to read through posts though. I'm unsure of how the statement was intended, and there's no sense in jumping to conclusions.

Edit: Actually, after looking hard at the OP, I see I mistook the meaning anyway. Now I'm amused with what I imagined and with my own mistake. Life's fun, let's just enjoy it.

Last edited by stainedBlue; 12-06-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:21 AM

Thanks for clearing that up stained. Well sort of clearing it up anyway; in fact not at all because now I have no idea what her initial post is supposed to mean! Was never directing any malice at you though, and I'm glad you got her joke (wish I did)...

Unread 12-06-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequestra View Post
Thanks for clearing that up stained. Well sort of clearing it up anyway; in fact not at all because now I have no idea what her initial post is supposed to mean! Was never directing any malice at you though, and I'm glad you got her joke (wish I did)...
Me too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:26 PM

Wow what?????? This is over my head!
Unread 12-10-2011, 07:19 PM

The initial post was a list of a bunch of insults I frequently receive in real life (mostly from family members.) Most to all of them are well-deserved, that is, I did something to earn them and you'd see if I showed or told you. They're not all as contradictory as they initially appear. The universe has a cold, dry, ironic sense of humor. I love it even when I'm the victim (but I don't like the stuff that comes with being the victim, just the joke that I'm the victim of.)