Five Pointed Star

conspiracy theorist

Have any of you come across this chart pattern? It really is pretty remarkable to see in a nativity. I've only seen it resoundingly in 1 chart and it was the chart of one of the most famous DJs Jamaica has ever produced. Quite literally, this person is a "star".

Here is a bio of him: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/beenie-man-mn0000788508/biography

I know another personally who has a much more looser version of the five pointed star and they are also quite a bit of a star both locally and internationally. Another with that "star quality"

For the people specifically who note chart patterns, I'd love to hear your take on the five pointed star/pentagon and the lives of people with it. If there is a similar trajectory of people's lives, this could become something "canonized" in modern astrology. What do you all think?

Attachments

• Five pointed star.jpg
    Five pointed star.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 168

Phoenix Venus

Hi conspiracy theorist. Interesting chart there. But that configuration is not a pentagram/pentagon/ five pointed star.

What that chart consists of is five points in a sextile matrix. A complete sextile matrix entails two opposing six pointed stars.

A five pointed star is a part of a quintile matrix which consists of quintiles and biquintiles (simultaneously.) The complete quintile matrix consists of two opposing pentagrams. The quintiles form a pentagon shape and at the same time, those degrees also form biquintiles to one another, which make the pentagram. A quintile is 72 degrees, a biquintile is 144 degrees. So in order to have a complete pentagram, one needs five points/planets that are equally 72 degrees from one another.

Heres a diagram to demonstrate (the specific degrees written on the outside of the circle are unnrelated to this thread..)

The pentagram represents the unfoldment of creative man towards their essential being. It is about evolutionary progress.

Heres a quote about what Rudhyar said about the quintile matrix in His & Leyla Raels book "Astrological Aspects: A process oriented approach."

"In traditional symbolism, the star is considered in two aspects: one, the upward-pointing star, and the other down-pointing. The latter identifies the 'fifth limb' with the sex organ, through which the power of biological generation is expressed; the former identifies it with the spiritual power of the creative mind centered in the head - in a sense, the power of utterance, the power of the Word.

The upward-pointing star thus emphasizes the connection between human mentality and the function of imagination."

Dane goes on to point out that the terms "upward pointing" and "downward pointing" arents meant to be taken literally.

The quintile represents creative genius (with the potential of evolution or regression) and the biquintile, the creative actualization and integration.

If you start at your MC and plot the points of an equal quintile stsr, 72 degrees apart, you will get an understanding of the story of your own evolutionary progress.

You can read more of what Rudhyar said regarding the quintile and sextile matrices here:

http://mindfire.ca/Astrological Aspects/Chapter Three - Less Familiar Aspects.htm

Last edited:

StillOne

Have any of you come across this chart pattern? It really is pretty remarkable to see in a nativity. I've only seen it resoundingly in 1 chart and it was the chart of one of the most famous DJs Jamaica has ever produced. Quite literally, this person is a "star".

Here is a bio of him: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/beenie-man-mn0000788508/biography

I know another personally who has a much more looser version of the five pointed star and they are also quite a bit of a star both locally and internationally. Another with that "star quality"

For the people specifically who note chart patterns, I'd love to hear your take on the five pointed star/pentagon and the lives of people with it. If there is a similar trajectory of people's lives, this could become something "canonized" in modern astrology. What do you all think?
What you have here is a Pandora Box pattern (according to huber astrology). Try searching the forum for it. There are also some threads on this pattern if you search for "pentagram". Effectively, this is a chart which has 3 Yods intertwined.

This pattern was formed a couple of times in 1973. August being the beginning of it and October, largely, being the end of it.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Very interesting Phoenix Venus. Thanks for posting.

I'm going to have to digest this for a bit before I can get back to you.

Of course... It's a lot to take in.

I wanted to add that if one calculates the pentagram starting from their MC, look up the sabian symbols of each point in order to understand one's evolutionary progress as a five fold being.

The sabians really hone in on the underlying forces of any one particular degree, notably Dane Rudhyar's assessment of them in his book "An Astrological Mandala"

You can read them here:

http://www.mindfire.ca/An%20Astrological%20Mandala/An%20Astrological%20Mandala%20-%20Contents.htm

Due to the enumeration of degrees, make sure to look up the symbol for the next number, e.g. Anything from 0.00.01-0.59.59 aries is the first degree of aries, etc.

StillOne

Was just coasting the Modern Forum and remembered this thread. Taking a look at Beenie Man's chart again is interesting in that he has 3 talent triangles (minor grand trines) in the chart. Also, there are interesting semi squares that provide some extra aspects around the chart.

Dubyadude1986

The thing that is so powerful about it in my view is that none of them intersect the birth location circle, or the 13th house. The center circle is completely bi-passed yet there is so much going on and the word that comes to mind is unscathed.

I dated someone with a star. The thread is ongoing and I have so many questions and so few answers. When you are rejected by these people, it can make you feel very small. They are quite creative, talented, functional, and social.

katydid

The thing that is so powerful about it in my view is that none of them intersect the birth location circle, or the 13th house. The center circle is completely bi-passed yet there is so much going on and the word that comes to mind is unscathed.

I dated someone with a star. The thread is ongoing and I have so many questions and so few answers. When you are rejected by these people, it can make you feel very small. They are quite creative, talented, functional, and social.

Unscathed is the perfect description. :annoyed:

waybread

Basically what you have in this chart are 3 yods pointing to Neptune, Saturn, and Mars. Yods are angles of 150 degrees (quincunx) linked by sextiles.

For a true pentagram, you'd need 5 linked quintiles of 72 degrees. This chart doesn't have them, but the yods make it interesting.

Last edited:

StillOne

Unscathed is the perfect description. :annoyed:

I'm not sure I'd agree. I think one may get away with things for awhile but ultimately everyone, IMO, will have to suffer to some extent. As the Buddha says, life is impermanent therefore we suffer.

Bina

Hi conspiracy theorist. Interesting chart there. But that configuration is not a pentagram/pentagon/ five pointed star.

What that chart consists of is five points in a sextile matrix.

A complete sextile matrix entails two opposing six pointed stars.

I agree with you that it is not a perfect or regular pentagram. But a Pentagram can also have different angles from 72 degrees, as long as the 5 straight lines join up in the shape of a star. It is called an irregular pentagram - perhaps it would be more appropriate to call it a 5-pointed star in that case. :smile:

As StillOne wrote the pattern in this chart is a Pandora's box. It is a symmetrical pattern and the aspects are all very tight - a remarkable configuration!

Let me just clarify a couple of points on geometry:

The chart does not have 5 points in a sextile matrix (that would be 4 sextiles and a trine - 4 x 60 degrees + 120 degrees = 360 degrees).

The aspects around the outside of the star are 2 sextiles at the top, 2 squares at the sides and another sextile at the bottom (3 x 60 degrees + 2 x 90 degrees = 360 degrees).

The configuration of two interlocking (opposing) grand trines creating sextile aspects around the outside is called a Star of David or a Grand Sextile, a perfect 6-pointed star and a hexagon around the outside (6 x 60 degrees = 360 degrees).

Two opposing six-pointed stars don't make sense as they would be on top of each other, and therefore there would only be one star. :smile:

Last edited:

blacksun?

hitler.jpg

A certain famous German who got away with a lot of things normal people, or humans in general dont get away with. Quintiles give exception.
that there in Pisce is Eris, goddess of strife.
Not well identified in astrology yet, but cant be disregarded.

pluto-eris.jpg

Eris-Orbit.gif

hebrewlaborer

Account Closed

What that chart consists of is five points in a sextile matrix. A complete sextile matrix entails two opposing six pointed stars.

A five pointed star is a part of a quintile matrix which consists of quintiles and biquintiles (simultaneously.) The complete quintile matrix consists of two opposing pentagrams. The quintiles form a pentagon shape and at the same time, those degrees also form biquintiles to one another, which make the pentagram. A quintile is 72 degrees, a biquintile is 144 degrees. So in order to have a complete pentagram, one needs five points/planets that are equally 72 degrees from one another.

Heres a diagram to demonstrate (the specific degrees written on the outside of the circle are unnrelated to this thread..)

The pentagram represents the unfoldment of creative man towards their essential being. It is about evolutionary progress.

Heres a quote about what Rudhyar said about the quintile matrix in His & Leyla Raels book "Astrological Aspects: A process oriented approach."

"In traditional symbolism, the star is considered in two aspects: one, the upward-pointing star, and the other down-pointing. The latter identifies the 'fifth limb' with the sex organ, through which the power of biological generation is expressed; the former identifies it with the spiritual power of the creative mind centered in the head - in a sense, the power of utterance, the power of the Word.

The upward-pointing star thus emphasizes the connection between human mentality and the function of imagination."

Dane goes on to point out that the terms "upward pointing" and "downward pointing" arents meant to be taken literally.

The quintile represents creative genius (with the potential of evolution or regression) and the biquintile, the creative actualization and integration.

If you start at your MC and plot the points of an equal quintile stsr, 72 degrees apart, you will get an understanding of the story of your own evolutionary progress.

You can read more of what Rudhyar said regarding the quintile and sextile matrices here:

http://mindfire.ca/Astrological Aspects/Chapter Three - Less Familiar Aspects.htm

Do I have a pentagram or five pointed star or something else? I've been told before that my chart looks like it has something like that but not exactly sure; I've attached my chart. I can see it's structured in a way but I'm not an expert on chart patterns.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_70_manveer.48213.63646.jpg
    astro_2gw_70_manveer.48213.63646.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 83

Bina

Do I have a pentagram or five pointed star or something else? I've been told before that my chart looks like it has something like that but not exactly sure; I've attached my chart. I can see it's structured in a way but I'm not an expert on chart patterns.

You have an irregular pentagram in your chart. There are two overlapping talent triangles ( a talent triangle is made up of 2 adjacent sextiles with the outside points trine each other), which together make up a kind of bath tub shape at the bottom of your chart (blue lines), joined by a t-square in the top section (red lines).
All the points join up on the inside as well as on the outside, creating a regular shape. On the inside it is a symmetrical, but irregular pentagram, which is a bit squashed at the bottom. It all points towards your Mc, your position in the world, career, goals, etc.
There is a heavy emphasis on the opposition between Mars and Saturn on your Asc/Des axis, a difficult aspect in itself, but it is eased by the trine/sextile aspect to the Neptune/Venus/Jupiter/Uranus conjunction. This conjunction is part of a stellium in Capricorn/Aquarius which is also a major feature of your chart.

Last edited:

hebrewlaborer

Account Closed
You have an irregular pentagram in your chart. There are two overlapping talent triangles ( a talent triangle is made up of 2 adjacent sextiles with the outside points trine each other), which together make up a kind of bath tub shape at the bottom of your chart (blue lines), joined by a t-square in the top section (red lines).
All the points join up on the inside as well as on the outside, creating a regular shape. On the inside it is a symmetrical, but irregular pentagram, which is a bit squashed at the bottom. It all points towards your Mc, your position in the world, career, goals, etc.
There is a heavy emphasis on the opposition between Mars and Saturn on your Asc/Des axis, a difficult aspect in itself, but it is eased by the trine/sextile aspect to the Neptune/Venus/Jupiter/Uranus conjunction. This conjunction is part of a stellium in Capricorn/Aquarius which is also a major feature of your chart.

Thanks. What planets are involved in the two talent triangles? Is there a significance of them overlapping? I also read about Pentagrams, and even though mine is "irregular", I found the interpretation quite accurate.
What does it mean that it's squashed at the bottom? Does this mean the energy can get lodged and stuck? In the 4th house? I do feel like there's a lot of pressure towards the MC area of life. The T-square from Mars and Saturn on Asc/Desc to the MC I always found quite hard to understand...

Bina

Thanks. What planets are involved in the two talent triangles? Is there a significance of them overlapping? I also read about Pentagrams, and even though mine is "irregular", I found the interpretation quite accurate.
What does it mean that it's squashed at the bottom? Does this mean the energy can get lodged and stuck? In the 4th house? I do feel like there's a lot of pressure towards the MC area of life. The T-square from Mars and Saturn on Asc/Desc to the MC I always found quite hard to understand...

All your planets are below the horizon, mostly in the 4th house, which would make you introverted, but the chart points to the Mc, so there is a need to find your path in the world. Energy is concentrated at the bottom of your chart, but needs an outlet towards the Mc...

Talent triangles between Mars/Asc, Pluto and Jupiter/Uranus. And Pluto with Venus/Jupiter/Uranus and Saturn on the Des. It is actually a link-up of 3 sextiles and the opposition of Mars/Saturn, I think there may be a name for it, but i can't remember right now. It is shaped like a bathtub or a boat. The sextiles ease the opposition.

The t-square is prominent and difficult, involving the angles and Mars/Saturn. Mars/Saturn needs to structure it's energy. Mars in Libra and Saturn in Aries are challenging placements. Libra Asc seeks harmony, but may be misunderstood because of Mars there. The opposition will express with other people. When you want to push your will, you may be restricted by others. There can be anger issues. Sports could be a good outlet. The trine/sextile to benefics Venus and Jupiter could be helpful. Uranus may help to release tension, this can happen suddenly. It is complex with a stellium of so many planets.

Neptune and Venus trine your NN, so you have innate spiritual abilities or may be artistic, this can ease the tensions of the other planets in your chart. Venus/Neptune is very idealistic and seeks perfect love. Jupiter is close to Venus too, a good placement giving optimism. Venus is your chart ruler and well aspected, this will help you greatly.

The moon, ruler of Mc, is isolated and unaspected, you may be disconnected from your feelings, but need to integrate these, as the moon squares the nodes. Some career in nurturing others could be good for you. The chart also lacks water, emphasising the emotional disconnection you may feel. Yet Cancer Mc and the moon square to the nodes means you need to learn about your feelings and express these.

hebrewlaborer

Account Closed
All your planets are below the horizon, mostly in the 4th house, which would make you introverted, but the chart points to the Mc, so there is a need to find your path in the world. Energy is concentrated at the bottom of your chart, but needs an outlet towards the Mc...

Talent triangles between Mars/Asc, Pluto and Jupiter/Uranus. And Pluto with Venus/Jupiter/Uranus and Saturn on the Des. It is actually a link-up of 3 sextiles and the opposition of Mars/Saturn, I think there may be a name for it, but i can't remember right now. It is shaped like a bathtub or a boat. The sextiles ease the opposition.

The t-square is prominent and difficult, involving the angles and Mars/Saturn. Mars/Saturn needs to structure it's energy. Mars in Libra and Saturn in Aries are challenging placements. Libra Asc seeks harmony, but may be misunderstood because of Mars there. The opposition will express with other people. When you want to push your will, you may be restricted by others. There can be anger issues. Sports could be a good outlet. The trine/sextile to benefics Venus and Jupiter could be helpful. Uranus may help to release tension, this can happen suddenly. It is complex with a stellium of so many planets.

Neptune and Venus trine your NN, so you have innate spiritual abilities or may be artistic, this can ease the tensions of the other planets in your chart. Venus/Neptune is very idealistic and seeks perfect love. Jupiter is close to Venus too, a good placement giving optimism. Venus is your chart ruler and well aspected, this will help you greatly.

The moon, ruler of Mc, is isolated and unaspected, you may be disconnected from your feelings, but need to integrate these, as the moon squares the nodes. Some career in nurturing others could be good for you. The chart also lacks water, emphasising the emotional disconnection you may feel. Yet Cancer Mc and the moon square to the nodes means you need to learn about your feelings and express these.

Wow thank you for this insight! Much appreciated. Thanks for pointing out that the chart points to the MC - I did not realise this before. I need to find a way to use my interests and abilities towards a career and life path. I've thought about writing, being an author (ruler of MC in the 3rd house), and I am currently an ancient history and archaeology student - history, archaeology, genealogy, ancestry, agriculture, these are all very 4th house things, where a lot of my planets are. I would also like to learn an instrument. I have lots of interests but it's hard for me to direct them towards the MC - very hard actually with Mars/Saturn squaring the MC. I have a lot of self-doubt and change of heart as my passions change with the wind... I have also thought about becoming a counselor, training to be a therapist which is very Cancer MC.

:mars: and :saturn: are in their detrimental signs making the opposition hardest! I don't feel at ease around most people my age and my peer group with this opposition and with Saturn on the Desc. I feel more comfortable around older and mature people. I do also want a partner who is much older than me.
With this aspect though, I do feel very restricted from expressing myself - frustrating for a 5th house Sun!
With Saturn opposite my Ascendant/Mars conjunction, it is hard for me to express myself in the way I would like to or the way I feel I am inside - so I do get misunderstood as Mars tends to come out, but I don't feel that is really who I am, for me it's just a persona. Because it is difficult to express, I tend to stay introverted in the 4th house. I feel what comes out is a misrepresentation and I am trying to figure out what I could do to fix this.

Saturn is also conjunct the South Node... I feel like these problems are because of past life issues because of the SN.

What would you say about Chiron in Scorpio in the 2nd squaring all of my planets in the 4th house? My Chiron is heavily afflicted...

Last edited: