Scientific chuckles

Prominent

I agree, but then I also think past and future are just terms that represent things we believe exist but actually don't.. I like to think that there is no movement to anything but simply the impressions of changes that aren't necessarily going anywhere.

JUPITERASC

I agree, but then I also think past and future are just terms that represent things we believe exist but actually don't.. I like to think that there is no movement to anything but simply the impressions of changes that aren't necessarily going anywhere.
IMO you presented this issue cogently on the 'Time Travel' video - also IMO as an added bonus it is funny:smile:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Bwaahaahaaha :biggrin:

Attachments

• 523907_448690855151931_1672569425_n.jpg
    523907_448690855151931_1672569425_n.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 37

JUPITERASC

When Albert Einstein was active as a professor, one of his students approached him and complained: "This year's exam questions are the same as last years!"

"True.." responded Einstein " - but this year all answers are different" :smile:

JUPITERASC

Paul Erdos, currently most prolific mathematician in history, is always making jokes about how old he is.

e.g. He says that he is two and a half billion years old, because in his youth the age of the Earth was known to be two billion years and now it is known to be 4.5 billion years :smile:

JUPITERASC

During October 1930, Einstein was traveling on a train. Another passenger asked him what his occupation was. Einstein replied that he was an artist's model, as he was constantly posing for sculptures and paintings :smile:

bubuza_dulce

I got that. Did you notice additionally how the Hg cartoon's mustache and dramatic military jacket = Freddie Mercury? :smile:

Duh... Among other things, you pointed that out earlier.
Do we compete in "let's notice the most obvious things and inform people"?
I was sure of the victory but now it's hard to tell...:biggrin:

JUPITERASC

The English mathematician John Wallis was a friend of Isaac Newton. According to his diary, Newton once bragged to Wallis about his little dog Diamond

"My dog Diamond knows some mathematics. Today he proved two theorems before lunch."

"Your dog must be a genius," said Wallis.

"Oh I wouldn't go that far," replied Newton. "The first theorem had an error and the second had a pathological exception." :smile:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Physicist Richard Feynman on Scientific Method (with jokes) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdHiA-wc1Xo:smile:

I would have loved to have had Science professors that enthused, instead of looking at the clock waiting for a break to drink a scorching cup of machine made coffee in order to stay awake.
Now, I am not going to lie here Jupiter.... I died a little bit at the 3:19 time mark (insert dead smiley) It was like reliving my Bill Nye the Science Guy nightmare all over again.