Transits showing University?

Neptune Rising

Hi

I have always been fascinated with physiotherapy techniques but never though to take a university course in it until this year. I teach yoga/Pilates for part of my living, making up cash in other casual jobs. My reason for yoga/pilates is to use it to heal through movement and mind body connection. But I don't feel its enough now. I've also qualified as a massage therapist. I feel I am in an almighty rut now. I am doing what I wanted to do, but now I need to develop it to a much broader perspective. I don't feel the teaching is enough for me at this point in my life, I have a real need to learn so much deeper about the healing abilities of the body and movement, and to understand in depth the pathologies.

I'd need to probably do one or two years study before being accepted by a university here, which I'm prepared to do.

I wanted to see if the transits for the next two/three years show a big course of study such as University in physiotherapy.

I see I have a Jupiter opposition coming up at the time I would be probably starting the Uni, or this may the year before I start, transiting Jupiter will be in my 9th house by then. It will be in Virgo, discipline and maybe excellent for studying the body. It will be a bit of a contrast from my usual perspective of combining yoga/pilate with things like the chakras and emotional links between body/emotions and mind. But I have a feeling that later on, I will find a way to combine the scientific with the metaphysical. I may have to do two years of preliminary study before being accepted though.

I see Saturn is also going to be in my 12th house, and I will feel trapped by the limitations of study. I always do. But I persist anyway. It could also indicate hospital work perhaps.

If I got accepted by a university, I find it interesting that by the time I come out, hopefully qualified, I will have a Uranus opposition, so my career/life, or 'rut', will take a completely different direction. Uranus sits in my 10th house, just near 11th house. The ruler of my 10th/9th/7th/6th/5th houses are ruled by planets deposited by Uranus.

This has been catalysed by all the stuff that has gone on in my family this year - my mum being in hospital from a stroke, me being shown by the physiotherapists how to help her, me and them chatting about why they do what they do. I see I need to do a major transformation and listen to what is calling me.

I will get a chart with transits up soon, when I'm on a computer that lets me.

Thanks for looking and any advice/tips. :)

sworm09

Don't waste your time looking at transits first....unless you want your head to explode.

Start by looking at Solar Arc directions and Secondary Progressions. Solar Arc directions will show the theme of your life, Secondary Progressions will show your psychological response to the themes of your life. Transits will time when those factors comes into being.

In your Solar Arcs/Progressions look for Jupiter (wisdom, higher learning) Mercury (intellect) and maybe Uranus (maybe) for major changes. Themes you're going to want to see in your Solar Arcs are themes of expanding boundaries, a decent hard aspect involving Jupiter/Mercury. Then you're going to want to see if those themes carry over to your Progressions and then your Transits.

By this point you should have an idea of what will be going on in the time period you're looking at.

By eyeballing your chart I see Jupiter conj. Saturn (working toward expanding boundaries, working toward success, possible disappointments along the way) recently there was Jupiter square MC (Career success, promotion), Mars conj. MC (Ambition, working toward success). So this shows that right now in your life there's a pretty huge sweep and desire to do more career wise, to advance in your career, but it's proving to be more difficult (Saturn influence) than you may have hoped.

Looking at future transits, Saturn is going to hit Neptune/Ascendant in a few months (don't get me on the time, sometime in 2015 I think though). That's may manifest as a disappointment of some sort, working toward false goals, and a general difficult time. Uranus will has been and will once again oppose you MC, showing changes in career as well. Pluto at the same time square the MC, career feels like a lost cause.

Eyeballing transits quickly, I don't see your career issue looking up anytime soon....that's if you're sticking with the same career. The way I'm reading these transits, it seems that you may get disappointed with a certain career path and then get out of it and go on to something else.

Look at your Solar Arcs/Progressions as well to be certain.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
In the USA, physical therapy requires an undergraduate degree in biology or chemistry. It then requires the equivalent of a Masters degree added to the the BS. Some schools will allow you to take three years at the university and then three years at a PT school.

In any case, at least in the USA its a long haul, and rather expensive.

I don't know what the requirements are in the UK, but they will be similar. If you are not good at things like calculus, organic chemistry, and the ability to remember every bone and every muscle in the body in anatomy(plus you will be dissecting a human being in the class), you might want to think again.

Neptune Rising

Hi sworn
Thank you for looking and advice, yes indeed solar arcs I think Sun is almost exactly conjunct natal Moon, and in 4 years(ish) will square natal Neptune/ north node and ascendant.
In progression, Jupiter has been squaring natal mars while sextile natal Sun.
I also have transit Pluto parallel natal Sun, which is quite intense, I feel! It's like a sink or swim survival feeling.
Don't waste your time looking at transits first....unless you want your head to explode.

Start by looking at Solar Arc directions and Secondary Progressions. Solar Arc directions will show the theme of your life, Secondary Progressions will show your psychological response to the themes of your life. Transits will time when those factors comes into being.

In your Solar Arcs/Progressions look for Jupiter (wisdom, higher learning) Mercury (intellect) and maybe Uranus (maybe) for major changes. Themes you're going to want to see in your Solar Arcs are themes of expanding boundaries, a decent hard aspect involving Jupiter/Mercury. Then you're going to want to see if those themes carry over to your Progressions and then your Transits.

By this point you should have an idea of what will be going on in the time period you're looking at.

By eyeballing your chart I see Jupiter conj. Saturn (working toward expanding boundaries, working toward success, possible disappointments along the way) recently there was Jupiter square MC (Career success, promotion), Mars conj. MC (Ambition, working toward success). So this shows that right now in your life there's a pretty huge sweep and desire to do more career wise, to advance in your career, but it's proving to be more difficult (Saturn influence) than you may have hoped.

Looking at future transits, Saturn is going to hit Neptune/Ascendant in a few months (don't get me on the time, sometime in 2015 I think though). That's may manifest as a disappointment of some sort, working toward false goals, and a general difficult time. Uranus will has been and will once again oppose you MC, showing changes in career as well. Pluto at the same time square the MC, career feels like a lost cause.

Eyeballing transits quickly, I don't see your career issue looking up anytime soon....that's if you're sticking with the same career. The way I'm reading these transits, it seems that you may get disappointed with a certain career path and then get out of it and go on to something else.

Look at your Solar Arcs/Progressions as well to be certain.

Neptune Rising

Thanks zarathu, it's different in the UK and I love those subjects. Through my teacher training courses, we had to get a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology. With this subject of the human body, I have a fascination for learning even when I'm not taking a course.I thought about the length of time at first, but it doesn't matter, I will be studying what I love and going on clinical placements during the degree.
There are two things I'd love to be able to study at leisure as I'm quite visual in my learning - either a life size model skeleton or the opportunity to study a cadaver.
In the USA, physical therapy requires an undergraduate degree in biology or chemistry. It then requires the equivalent of a Masters degree added to the the BS. Some schools will allow you to take three years at the university and then three years at a PT school.

In any case, at least in the USA its a long haul, and rather expensive.

I don't know what the requirements are in the UK, but they will be similar. If you are not good at things like calculus, organic chemistry, and the ability to remember every bone and every muscle in the body in anatomy(plus you will be dissecting a human being in the class), you might want to think again.

Last edited: