If you could edit your natal chart

Moog

Just for fun.

I'm sure some of you have looked at the tricky parts of your chart and thought, 'wouldn't it be nice if that wasn't there', or 'if I only I had that configuration'

I'd like to exchange my Neptune Squares for trines or sextiles.

Budge over Neptune :wink:

Love2Know

Excellent. I would Change my Venus Square Saturn for Venus trine saturn. Oh wait I feel like I have that aspect already but I don't it's a square.....

Mark

You're aware that you have the power to actually do this, right? You can't change where the planets were at the moment of your first breath, but these positions are only indicators of the real forces at work. The "astrological forces" are living and dynamic within an individual. You can act on any part of your chart you choose, or you could decide to open a completely new branch of development and act like someone your chart could never predict. In short, you are your "chart." That doesn't mean that the chart controls you. It means that you, as a conscious life form, control the expression of your chart!

Moog

You're aware that you have the power to actually do this, right? You can't change where the planets were at the moment of your first breath, but these positions are only indicators of the real forces at work. The "astrological forces" are living and dynamic within an individual. You can act on any part of your chart you choose, or you could decide to open a completely new branch of development and act like someone your chart could never predict. In short, you are your "chart." That doesn't mean that the chart controls you. It means that you, as a conscious life form, control the expression of your chart!

That's a positive view Mark, thank you.

I'm still exploring the issue of free will and determinism...

MaeMae

Banned
ahhhh, mark ~
where's your sense of wishcraft?

if wishes were fishes, i'd delta my natal sun-neptune square into a sextile. better a happy idiot than a disgruntled one.
also, i'd transpose my jup 19 cap and sat 22 cap so that caution proceeds go for it. nothing more annoying than driving high speed with the emergency break on.
while i'm at it, i'd delta mars 0' cancer quincunx to sun into a nice sextile, maybe aries or sag ~
girls just wanna have fun....

Rebel Uranian

I once tried designing the perfect chart for me, but then I decided I wouldn't change anything because I don't understand astrology enough to be able to do so with the most desirable results. It's like the issue of humans altering nature.

I think it'd be interesting to have the Moon at the end of Capricorn conjunct the Sun at the end of Aquarius, and to have Saturn in Libra and Venus in Aquarius, but I'd have to re-design my whole chart since it's set up like some sort of instrument, and as I said, I don't really know enough to do that.

Edit: Also, look at harmonics. Dodek harmonics are supposed to have the exact effect as the planet or point actually being in the location of the harmonic, not some hidden thing like 9th harmonics. I find it confusing that a planet should be in more than one place at once and I find it somewhat reminiscent of a choice. ... There are a ton of things that say that we can have both free will and determinism to some extent. The only thing that seriously boggles my mind is how many modern astrologers are basically like: "You can choose your circumstances but not your reactions" i.e. "You personality is more detached than your individuality, and you're going to have to learn to deal... (separate statement) You can 'channel' your current Uranus-Saturn 10th house transit to not mean that you're getting fired from your job by [xyz.]"

Last edited:

Fulcrum

you are your "chart." That doesn't mean that the chart controls you. It means that you, as a conscious life form, control the expression of your chart!

Pretty much every astrologer I read when I was first getting a feel for the art and craft of astrology said more or less the same thing, that "the wise man rules his stars and the fool is ruled by them."

Maybe a little harsh, but the sentiment should be quite clear.

Choe

Saturn conjunct asc...but you would have to look like Gillian McKeith.

Wow disagree. How could Saturn ,a symbol for slowness give fast metabolism??

It might give modesty in eating- but no fast metabolism, that would be Gemini asc, Mercury conjunct Asc etc.

Last edited:
Wow disagree.

How could Saturn ,a symbol for slowness give fast metabolism??

It might give eating less, being modest in eating- but fast metabolism, would be Gemini asc, Mercury conjucnt asc etc.

opps, sorry...not a fast metabolism, but a naturally gaunt figure.

i have merc conjunct asc in virgo, and i DO NOT have a fast metabolism. I have to watch what I eat and excercise or i put on the pounds real quick. Wish I did though...i hate that I can be so disciplined most of the time, but if I eat some pizza with my kids ONE night, I gain the weight. Yuck!

Last edited:

Choe

opps, sorry...not a fast metabolism, but a naturally gaunt figure.

Yup :sideways:

We gotta be precise,as many beginners read the forum. Plus I'm sure LoveToKnow wants to have fast metabolism,so she could eat lot and not get fat.

Saturn in the 1st doesn't eat a lot. At least generally speaking, hehheh.

The eating a lot and not getting fat is Gemini by my personal opinion, as gemini is nervous and spends the energy through mental and other activities.

But for eating habits we gotta look the 2nd house. And the 6th perhaps.

Mercury represents fastness, so prominent Gemini,Mercury, should give fast metabolism, not the old slow Saturn.

Last edited:
Yup :sideways:

We gotta be precise,as many beginners read the forum. Plus I'm sure LoveToKnow wants to have fast metabolism,so she could eat lot and not get fat.

Saturn in the 1st doesn't eat a lot. At least generally speaking, hehheh.

The eating a lot and not getting fat is gemini by my personal opinion, as gemini is nervous and spends the energy through mental and other activities.

But for eating habits we gotta look the 2nd house. And the 6th perhaps.

Good point, I think my merc on asc gives me a youthful vibe, but i have to WORK if I want that mercurial figure. Maybe if I had some air....still, 2nd house ruled by merc, 6th ruled by Uranus/saturn...you'd think I'd want to eat like a bird...

Choe

i have merc conjunct asc in virgo, and i DO NOT have a fast metabolism. I have to watch what I eat and excercise or i put on the pounds real quick. Wish I did though...i hate that I can be so disciplined most of the time, but if I eat some pizza with my kids ONE night, I gain the weight. Yuck!

Hmm, that's strange. Maybe the Virgo Mercury is unlike the Gemini one.

However, we should not forget about the genes.

Or maybe you girls don't exercise enough??