Desperate for a job - please help

anjelik

I'm an American currently living in England and was made redundant from my job in May. I have not had much success in securing a role and it is starting to become quite demoralising to say the least. I have looked to horary and it appears as if I am not going to get the job I just interviewed for yesterday, much like every other role I have interviewed for. I see transiting Saturn is finally leaving my 10th house - are things about to open up? Also, Uranus is leaving the 2nd, so perhaps will this help with the income issue. I am going insane and feel pretty low.

Thanks for your help, experts!!

Attachments

• astro_245gw_04_anonymous_20161025.34675.24424.jpg
    astro_245gw_04_anonymous_20161025.34675.24424.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 34

waybread

Anjelik, what sort of work do you do? I wonder if you're in your vocation, or some other sort of job. Also, are you mobile? Have you looked for work in places beyond your current location? Check out your planetary lines and relocation charts to see if another location might suit you better.

FROG

You might try looking at your 'relocated chart', for the place where you are living in England. This could give more accurate insight.

katydid

It is not surprising that the jobs you interviewed for fell through. Tr Saturn has been lingering in your 10th of career, and making a station and going back and forth on the edge of the 10th/11th all year.

It actually clears out by end of this month. November and December are not usually great months for finding permanent job positions. But do know that much of what was blocking you previously should be cleared out when the new prospects appear.

Your natal Saturn is conjunct Pluto, the ruler of your MC. So Tr Saturn is closely connected with your career concerns.

Tr Saturn will now be in your 11th and exactly sextiling your Mercury in Aquarius in the 1st. Mercury rules your 5th and 8th, and aspects your Mars/Saturn and Jupiter.

So I think that you will be able to successfully tap into your network of contacts and friends, former coworkers and bosses to find a new opportunity. It might be a matter of cultivating a more 11th house, Aquarian, attitude. Perhaps it will be with a community organization or a large non-profit or charitable group of some kind? Or maybe something that is more high tech oriented than your past jobs?

anjelik

Anjelik, what sort of work do you do? I wonder if you're in your vocation, or some other sort of job. Also, are you mobile? Have you looked for work in places beyond your current location? Check out your planetary lines and relocation charts to see if another location might suit you better.

Sorry for delay - I was away this weekend and also don't get email notifications anymore.

I have about 10 years experience working in recruitment, the last 6 have been in-house within investment banks. I'm not mobile, so looking outside of London or nearby where I live (which wouldn't provide much) is not an option. It's really frustrating - two of my former colleagues in my last role were let go from their roles recently and found jobs within weeks. I do think it's because I am not English that I am having such a challenge.

It is not surprising that the jobs you interviewed for fell through. Tr Saturn has been lingering in your 10th of career, and making a station and going back and forth on the edge of the 10th/11th all year.

It actually clears out by end of this month. November and December are not usually great months for finding permanent job positions. But do know that much of what was blocking you previously should be cleared out when the new prospects appear.

Your natal Saturn is conjunct Pluto, the ruler of your MC. So Tr Saturn is closely connected with your career concerns.

Tr Saturn will now be in your 11th and exactly sextiling your Mercury in Aquarius in the 1st. Mercury rules your 5th and 8th, and aspects your Mars/Saturn and Jupiter.

So I think that you will be able to successfully tap into your network of contacts and friends, former coworkers and bosses to find a new opportunity. It might be a matter of cultivating a more 11th house, Aquarian, attitude. Perhaps it will be with a community organization or a large non-profit or charitable group of some kind? Or maybe something that is more high tech oriented than your past jobs?

Saturn has been teetering back and forth over my 10th house for some time now - it does feel like forever because it was around the time I got married that it was conjunct my natal Uranus I think.

I've interviewed for some tech companies and have been trying to stay away from finance, because I really don't like the stuffy culture (which I found even more stuffy when I moved from NY to London). But nothing has materialised. I have done final interviews, only to be completely ghosted by them - which I think is really unprofessional. My husband is telling me to hang in there, but honestly I HATEEEEEEEEEE being a housewife with a bitter seething passion. It is making me really irritable. I can't expect him to clean the house, make dinner, etc. if he is the only one working and I'm doing nothing all day. But I have to say, it makes me feel like I am a slave doing these things. I much prefer being exhausted and splitting the chores down the middle. I always knew I would hate being a housewife, but this has definitely confirmed what I knew about myself all along. The thing that scares me, is that my relocation chart shifts all of my 1st house planets into my 6th house - so I am wondering if by living here I am doomed to live this way. My mom has a loaded 6th house and I am beginning to feel like her!

I am still applying but I do know that I probably won't get a new job until February/March now since that is when new headcount and budgets usually get approved.

Last edited:

anjelik

You might try looking at your 'relocated chart', for the place where you are living in England. This could give more accurate insight.

My relocation chart shows I am living on my Venus/MC line - so this is why it's so frustrating to me as well!

waybread

I can see the investment (MC ruler Mars in the 8th house) banking (ruler of the 2nd in the 10th.) Is this a good time for you to upgrade your skills with some on-line courses or see about international banking? You've got a strong 9th house of higher education and international affairs.

anjelik

I can see the investment (MC ruler Mars in the 8th house) banking (ruler of the 2nd in the 10th.) Is this a good time for you to upgrade your skills with some on-line courses or see about international banking? You've got a strong 9th house of higher education and international affairs.

Sorry for the delays - it is difficult for me to even find my own post without receiving email updates!

I did want to go back to school and get a Masters in HR so that I could open some doors but it costs double the amount for me to attend in the UK because I am not a UK or EU resident, even though I am living here on a spouse visa. So instead of it on average costing 9k, it will cost me 20k. So that's why that plan was scrapped. It was initially what I wanted to do in September and looked into it in May when I was made redundant.

I have actually had some work with networking, but the location is too far. Funny enough it is a contract job with a company I used to work for that made me miserable. But apparently the HR Director called someone in NY about my CV and they gave me a really positive review. It would be a 4 hr daily commute, so that is out for me. I am hoping something happens by the end of the month.

FROG

The typical alternative to an expensive degree, is to look at certification courses, or skills updating workshops, or conferences/conventions in your specialty. Further, look at serving as an 'intern' where you offer to work at less than professional pay or no pay at all for limited period, while you learn the 'ropes'. At the end of that period, you and the employer choose whether working there at a higher rate of pay is an option. In addition, consider taking courses on line outside of the country, from the country where you want to live after this temporary expat location. Some degree requirements might organize studies, so that you only study on campus for a few weeks each year. Further, look at the skills you have, and see if you can offer to teach any of them, in exchange for a reduced tuition. Also take note that employees of educational institutions are often given options to take classes at a reduced tuition, no matter what grade of pay they are earning.

Spouses to husbands on foreign assignment often find themselves slipping into depression, or suffocated rage, at being stripped of the prestige of being an employed professional, while their husbands flit about on exciting new adventures themselves, and have less time for their wives.

If money isn't the primary cause of your desperation for work now, please say so. That would open up other avenues for solutions to your dilemma.

BTW: If the climate bothers you this winter, remember the Isles of Scilly have a tropical climate, and they are just a short flight off the southwest coast of England. You won't be leaving the country to go there. Making a trip there, even easier.

I would think that relocating to one's Venus line conjunct MC would be rewarding experience!

anjelik

The typical alternative to an expensive degree, is to look at certification courses, or skills updating workshops, or conferences/conventions in your specialty. Further, look at serving as an 'intern' where you offer to work at less than professional pay or no pay at all for limited period, while you learn the 'ropes'. At the end of that period, you and the employer choose whether working there at a higher rate of pay is an option. In addition, consider taking courses on line outside of the country, from the country where you want to live after this temporary expat location. Some degree requirements might organize studies, so that you only study on campus for a few weeks each year. Further, look at the skills you have, and see if you can offer to teach any of them, in exchange for a reduced tuition. Also take note that employees of educational institutions are often given options to take classes at a reduced tuition, no matter what grade of pay they are earning.

Spouses to husbands on foreign assignment often find themselves slipping into depression, or suffocated rage, at being stripped of the prestige of being an employed professional, while their husbands flit about on exciting new adventures themselves, and have less time for their wives.

If money isn't the primary cause of your desperation for work now, please say so. That would open up other avenues for solutions to your dilemma.

BTW: If the climate bothers you this winter, remember the Isles of Scilly have a tropical climate, and they are just a short flight off the southwest coast of England. You won't be leaving the country to go there. Making a trip there, even easier.

I would think that relocating to one's Venus line conjunct MC would be rewarding experience!

Thanks for suggestions. I've looked into online courses, but that I really would need to open some doors is experience in general HR and unfortunately large corporations would get their interns from graduate programs, so there would be no opportunity for me to get into an internship. Additionally, train fare is exceptionally expensive to get into London (£40 per day) so I wouldn't be able to do it for free. I won't even go on an interview before 11am because then I can get the half price fare.

Thank you for your concern about expat wives, luckily I am not in that boat. My husband is a British citizen and we chose to live here (for the time being at least). Of course money is part of the reason I need another job but we are surviving on his salary at the moment. With me working again we can go back to living a more comfortable lifestyle than we can on one salary.

Living on my Venus/MC hasn't done anything for me yet. :(

anjelik

Must all work options be in London and or at large corp?

Yes, that is the closest city I live to. I don't want to drive 1.5-2 hrs to a job every day. Mainly because I don't have a license yet (working on that - have test in 2 weeks) and also because the car that we leased for me doesn't have the milage allowance for long distance driving and we would have to pay if I went over the 5k miles a year. It doesn't need to be a large company, but it needs to be a company with capital. I have looked at and interviewed with smaller companies. It is actually what I prefer since I have already worked for some big banks and I don't really want to continue to do that if I can avoid it... though it's not looking to be the case. I do gets lots of calls from other financial companies, but they are all located in Canary Wharf and that is a location I am not willing to travel to again due to my 4-5 hr roundtrip commute every day. It was draining and made me quite miserable.

anjelik

I have an interview today and did a horary chart. I am Mars exalted in Capricorn but at 29 degrees, which I think makes it a critical degree. This exactly conjunction my natal Venus in the 1st house. H10 ruler is Mercury and they should sextile exact in a few degrees. There is no aspect between the moon and Mars but a separating square between Mercury and the Moon. Mercury is in the 12th house, but I think that makes sense since I haven't even gone in to meet them yet and know nothing about the role other than a 5 mins phone screen. Transiting Mercury is currently in my 10th house so I feel kind of good.

Anyway, wish me luck. I need it.

Last edited: