Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

View Poll Results: Which Astrology do you use Modern or Traditional?
Traditional Astrology 5 50.00%
Modern Astrology 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM

Re: Modern Astrology Vs Traditional Astrology Placements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnsayshi View Post
I'll bet you would seem more Cancery in person. Online, Venus and Moon in Leo come out to play.

Yeah in person people swear I am leo but I do randomly bake stuff for people and throw dinner parties. But I DO LIKE to say cancer sun That I am a sweet delightful innocent crab

Ok MSO let us just agree that all cancers worship Larry David from curb your enthusiasm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg larry_david_photo.jpg (33.5 KB, 5 views)

—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi

Last edited by Love2Know; 01-17-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Adding the Cancerian God Larry David
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM

Location: hiding under your bed and I'd like some chips, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO View Post
LOL.

And for some reason I naively though that whole house system was the same as equal house. Just pulled it up on astro so I can stop being an uninformed idiot and DO NOT LIKE. Everything moved! Looks like I need to take waybread's suggestion of reading up on the different house systems.
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to MSO Send a message via Yahoo to MSO

Well, I was going to say it earlier but I didn't want to sound like a whole sign nazi. But eh, whatever.

Take on the whole sign chart. Instead of looking for the planets to fit the houses, look for the personality traits to fit the planets.

You're outgoing. Nice, but does that mean your Sun is in the 11th? Probably not. There are other placements and aspects that do the exact same thing.

Me and L2K have an eerily similar chart. We have a lot of similarities in our personality. Ordinarily I'd assign my hostility to Mars being in Aries, yet hers is similar to mine. It's just the Sun/Mars opposite aspect.

See? 2 different ways of looking at the same problem. Whole signs for life!
Sequestra says "he's quite nuts"
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
OMG don't encourage MSO ((((( Yeah I feel you on that saturns
Sorry, L2K. I forget that everyone isn't as callous as I am.
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM

Thanks, Love2Know!

If you can spring for a couple of books, I recommend: Helena Avelar & Luis Ribeiro, On the Heavenly Spheres: A Treatise on Traditional Astrology. It is essentially an introductory-level textbook on traditional astrology, with workbook examples. The authors are Portuguese, but I haven't heard that their system differs from Anglophone traditional astrology. They use a quadrant (unequal) house system.

Benjamin Dykes, Traditional Astrology for Today: An Introduction is a small book that works well as a companion volume. Dykes explains the "why" behind traditional astrology, more than the details of application.

Both these books are available through amazon.com and (I believe) the on-line bookshop at the American Federation of Astrologers' website.

Both of these books are really sensible. They explain traditional astrology without getting into the more negative assessments that you can find in some traditional sources in the original.

Also, as you learn more traditional astrology, you will find that there are mitigating chart factors for many negative house placements, depending upon what you've got in your chart.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to MSO Send a message via Yahoo to MSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Also, as you learn more traditional astrology, you will find that there are mitigating chart factors for many negative house placements, depending upon what you've got in your chart.
Yep, I gave her an example of this last night. While reading about the Sun in 12th, the site said she'd be more of an introvert, unless her ascendant was Aries or Leo.
Sequestra says "he's quite nuts"
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:20 PM

No I you are right, I am too sweet to relate sorry saturn! Mso YOU WISh you were like me :P Jkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you strive to be a male version of me don't you? JK group hug I appreciate all the info astro peeps.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Thanks, Love2Know!

If you can spring for a couple of books, I recommend: Helena Avelar & Luis Ribeiro, On the Heavenly Spheres: A Treatise on Traditional Astrology. It is essentially an introductory-level textbook on traditional astrology, with workbook examples. The authors are Portuguese, but I haven't heard that their system differs from Anglophone traditional astrology. They use a quadrant (unequal) house system.

Benjamin Dykes, Traditional Astrology for Today: An Introduction is a small book that works well as a companion volume. Dykes explains the "why" behind traditional astrology, more than the details of application.

Both these books are available through amazon.com and (I believe) the on-line bookshop at the American Federation of Astrologers' website.

Both of these books are really sensible. They explain traditional astrology without getting into the more negative assessments that you can find in some traditional sources in the original.

Again, amazing thank you I will pass by the book store this week I have gift cards from Christmas for it oxoxoxoxo
—Albert Einstein
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Banned

houses are one of the quagmires of astrology... astrologers typically don't agree on them... according to my reading signs and houses were terms that were interchangeable a long time ago.. this still doesn't address the many ins and outs to the numerous house systems..

an alternative way to look at your chart is to consider learning as much as you can about astrology to let you make a better informed decision on just which house your planets land in..

either way love2know i see planets on angles having the most amount of say... in your chart moon/venus on the ascendant dominates and i say this from the limited amount of time i have been on this site watching the activity of members like yourself.. indian astrology, or vedic places more emphasis on the ascendant in comparison to pop astrology here in the west with emphasis on the sun... also, i think the moon is much more informative in a womens chart then the sun position..

moon/venus on your ascendant with venus connected to the midheaven suggests finding some artistic outlets for your leo energy... moon strong in a chart, and it has an even more important role in a sun in cancer person - suggests you need to be on stage, or doing something artistic where you can be the center of attention with a certain degree of drama going on to keep you entertained.. mercury at your sun/moon midpoint in combo with a focal moon might imply writing as well.. mercury is stationary as well which makes its position in your chart quite powerful given the nature of stationary planets..

i wouldn't get caught up on the house sign conundrum that tends to plague those new to astrology, as well as those who have been doing it a long while.. instead you might learn more from understanding planetary relationships through knowing more about aspects.. sun/mars opp in your chart is quite pronounced and saturn feeds right into this too via 45/135 aspects.. your sun has a very nice trine from jupiter to help offset some of the challenges associated with how it is set in your chart.. hopefully this is of some value to you.. cheers james
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO View Post
So funny!! In so many ways...
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM

Thank you sandstone that is true I need to focus more on basics before I get discouraged over house systems and placements......... and I am happy for my sun opp mars and sun trine jupitur <3
Stillone how many ways was mso's post funny in?
—Albert Einstein
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Love2Know
Join date, oct 2011
post count, 1,208

Unread 01-17-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowzy_Shooter View Post
Love2Know
Join date, oct 2011
post count, 1,208

Yeah.............................................. ........ hey I joined here like knowing nothing, now I actually learnt some stuff!
—Albert Einstein
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah.............................................. ........ hey I joined here like knowing nothing, now I actually learnt some stuff!
You can't say you've wasted your time can you
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

please do not attack the responders, to All

All,

Please do not attack the responders to your questions. Some responses you will like and some you won't. Ignore the one you don't and respond to the ones you do like. Just a reminder that attacking other members is NOT permitted on the AW forum, either attacking directly or attacking someone's astrological response. Focus on the PROBLEM not the PERSON and you should be OK. I deleted some posts from this thread that were attacking personally.

Following up,

Tim
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Re: please do not attack the responders, to All

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontc View Post
All,

Please do not attack the responders to your questions. Some responses you will like and some you won't. Ignore the one you don't and respond to the ones you do like. Just a reminder that attacking other members is NOT permitted on the AW forum, either attacking directly or attacking someone's astrological response. Focus on the PROBLEM not the PERSON and you should be OK. I deleted some posts from this thread that were attacking personally.

Following up,

Tim
I just sent you a personal message asking who was attacking who??????? I feel this thread is very positive and joyous.
—Albert Einstein
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
You can't say you've wasted your time can you
LOL omgosh *hides*
—Albert Einstein
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
LOL omgosh *hides*
What? (not an attacking comment)
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:44 PM

I don't think it was about you, DS you arnt attacking anyone you are presenting me with my ocd stats lol Which I found embarrassing and humerus all at once *pets DS on the head
—Albert Einstein
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
What? (not an attacking comment)
Drowzy, you're brilliant. I should totally add "This is not an attacking comment" to my signature, just in case.

Yeah, I'm also very confused as to why this thread required mod intervention. O_o
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnsayshi View Post
Drowzy, you're brilliant. I should totally add "This is not an attacking comment" to my signature, just in case.

Yeah, I'm also very confused as to why this thread required mod intervention. O_o
Yes this is a Debby Downer of a situation! Hi ho Hi ho its off to work I go, pray for me workpfft
—Albert Einstein
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Banned

note to choe and mso on the equal house system...

this is the house system used primarily in indian or vedic astrology.. they also use the sidereal zodiac in their calculations.. they also consider a planet in the sign to be a planet in the same house, so it is very similar to whole/sign houses, except it is in sidereal and they put more emphasis on the degree.. as waybread pointed upstream - the whole sign/house system is quite old and might explain why the indian astrology use of equal house system is very similar...

i use a variant of equal and whole sign/house... to me the cusp of the ascendant is like the crest of the wave.. it is a fun way to think of cusps if you are into vibrational connections off a point such as the rising degree.. instead of thinking like planets in boxes, think of the possibility of a planet sitting somewhere between the crest and the gully of waves.. planets close to the crest will be more visible - planets making aspects to the ascendant degree for example - while planets in between the wave tops will operate in a less obvious fashion..

the idea of houses as boxes has never appealed to me though, so i am stating my personal preference.. the fun thing about equal and whole sign house is they keep the planets connected to the sign (based off the ascendant) in the same house regardless of where it is with relation to the crest of the wave - cusp.. something to consider....... cheers
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:48 PM

Tim thought I was attacking MSO lol Mao is my buddy and it was all in good humor.
—Albert Einstein
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:50 AM

Hi all, sorry to interupt here!

I mainly study astrology for family, friends and myself but recently I saw a professional astrologer of 30 years plus and is a teacher here in australia. She put me on to whole signs, it makes so much sense for my chart 7 planets have moved and I feel my chart really reflects me now. For example I had Neptune in the tenth, which didn't reflect my career or work aspirations but using whole signs I have Uranus in the tenth now which is much more accurate now. So I'm a definite convert!!

There is a good thread on this site about whole signs and it's history if you're interested further,

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=42163

Last edited by Too much Aquarius; 01-18-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:20 AM

Wow this thread has gone quite far for a day ( I think). Anyway's to L2K, the house system you choose is all a matter of research, and reflection. Like test yourself whether you think you fit the bill of a 12th House Sun or 11th House Sun? Read the descriptions on both of those, do some research and identify yourself with either one. Doing this, and reflecting on your planets will help you. Eventually you'll come down smack to which house system works best for you.

At least, it is what I did, cause I use to use Placidus, then Koch. Now I am a 'Whole Sign House' user, and happy about my choice. That, and tha fact that I had it easier, since none of my planets really changed that much, except my sun.

To someone who said that Mercury isn't fall in Leo, I only meant since she was a modernist (L2K), and I think (don't quote me on this) Modern Astro. say's Mercury is Exalted in Aquarius.

Tags
astrology, modern, placements, traditional