Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 10-21-2009, 11:19 AM

Mercury in Sagittarius??

When I talk to other people, they say that I talk confusingly and its true coz I can also feel it.

Do you think that being a scorpio, that's why all the things inside my mind, I don't just say it? That I am just silent. Preferring to listen than to talk.

But how do you think will these affect me?

Mercury Sextile Jupiter

Mercury Trine Midheaven

So in summary :

I am a silent person, I don't just talk. But when I talk, I will talk like being in a confusion like the uhmss.. like that.

Unread 10-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned

Re: Mercury in Sagittarius??

Hi Zodiacal......Welcome to the forum.

Where is your Neptune located?......and what aspects does it make (if any) to Mercury and the other other planets?
Unread 10-31-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiacal View Post
When I talk to other people, they say that I talk confusingly and its true coz I can also feel it.

Do you think that being a scorpio, that's why all the things inside my mind, I don't just say it? That I am just silent. Preferring to listen than to talk.

But how do you think will these affect me?

Mercury Sextile Jupiter

Mercury Trine Midheaven

So in summary :

I am a silent person, I don't just talk. But when I talk, I will talk like being in a confusion like the uhmss.. like that.
I have Mercury in Sagittarius and I waffle to the point of going the long way around the subject instead of making the point, I find it much easier to write. Sometimes I prefer to keep quiet, as it can all come out in one nervous jumble (a bit like Stacey Solomon on X-factor - no offence to her! Bless her!)
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiacal View Post

But how do you think will these affect me? Whats your Asc sign and what is Neptune doing?

Mercury Sextile Jupiter

Mercury Trine Midheaven

So in summary :

Scorpio is an extremely private sign and doesn't like other people knowing its business, extremely analytical. Are all your planets below the horizon in your chart?

We are all visual people and need to see charts....
Welcome to the World of Astrology!
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14561

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Beginning to Study Astrology
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154469&postcount=10

How to attach a chart as thumbnail
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126
The Following User Says Thank You to astrologer50 For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (10-22-2016)
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to tanamarios Send a message via Yahoo to tanamarios

the problem with Mercury in Sagittarius , is the tendency of blunt speech . Their speech is often perfect with big ideas , but having problems with the small details.

Natal Chart:
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...60865_2861.gif

solar return 2012-2013:
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...n2012-2013.gif
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:57 PM

pretty much like every Sag I know... They'll go around and talk for hours about philosophy, starts, moon, world in general , but when you ask them simple question like "What time is it?" they just look back at you in confusion... lol

still I get along terrifically with every Sagittarius I know, both genders. Wonderful friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to njmfff For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (10-22-2016)
Unread 09-05-2010, 10:24 PM

I have mercury in Sagittarius too. Fun stuff. I talk too fast, I occasionally stop making sense, and I often talk about things that other people don't care about that I happen to be REALLY excited about.
Like, I tell all my friends about various astrological findings in my chart or whatever, and they just seem to pretend to listen. I just feel the need to get it all out because it's so exciting.

Writing is much easier for me than talking. With writing, I have the chance to formulate all my thoughts into a cohesive idea whereas when I speak I just tend to ramble until something somewhere makes sense.
People that aren't used to talking to me often get confused by my various rants, overly fast-paced speeches, and ever-changing train of thought. Makes me have to repeat myself a lot.

The blunt speech thing is definitely true too. I've been accused of being too brutally honest, especially to the people closest to me.

A Child And A Dog Wearing Borrowed Eyeglasses
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robots For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (10-22-2016), Ebenia (01-24-2014)
Unread 09-05-2010, 11:02 PM

I'm a Virgo Ascendant, so my Mercury in Sagittarius is my Chart Ruler, and yes, I talk too fast and too much about my ideas while ignoring the probability of completely losing those with whom I'm talking.

One of the most noticeable traits is how active my mind gets when I'm talking. I have a hard time pondering slowly on something, but the moment I open my mouth and start to talk about it, my thought process speeds up and suddenly I'm flooded with ideas. It doesn't even matter if the other person is listening to me.

When I'm not talking, and I'm just thinking, I have a much harder time coming up with ideas, or even working on ideas in progress. I can't even think in pictures as well as I can while I'm talking. When I'm not talking my mind rests.

For a long time this sounded more like a Gemini trait to me, but then I started noticing how this only applies when it involves ideas. I love thinking on new ground and getting more information to flex my imagination with, whether it's on philosophy, theology, or writing the next great fiction novel. My mind just takes in information and expands on it.

There are some problems that come with this trait, too, like my chronic assuming. I'll work with an idea long enough so I adopt it as a belief (which is as good as a fact in the eye of the beholder), without proper evidence or testing. This often makes my new ideas fall flat... and you would think I'd learn my lesson after a while, but no such luck. My mind will skip off again on it's merry Sagittarian way.

This is especially troublesome considering my Mercury's tough aspects: A Semi-Sextile to Saturn in Capricorn, and Quincunx to Mars in Taurus. With relationships like that, my Mercury is likely to experience a lot of bumps and bruises. So thank goodness for the Sagittarius ability to bounce back!

The Following User Says Thank You to Earth Sign For This Useful Post:
Ebenia (01-24-2014)
Unread 08-07-2011, 03:10 AM

my sister has mercury in saggitarius and talks REALLY fast! I thought it was just a coincidence, but now i know why
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robots View Post
I have mercury in Sagittarius too. Fun stuff. I talk too fast, I occasionally stop making sense, and I often talk about things that other people don't care about that I happen to be REALLY excited about.
Like, I tell all my friends about various astrological findings in my chart or whatever, and they just seem to pretend to listen. I just feel the need to get it all out because it's so exciting.

Writing is much easier for me than talking. With writing, I have the chance to formulate all my thoughts into a cohesive idea whereas when I speak I just tend to ramble until something somewhere makes sense.
People that aren't used to talking to me often get confused by my various rants, overly fast-paced speeches, and ever-changing train of thought. Makes me have to repeat myself a lot.

The blunt speech thing is definitely true too. I've been accused of being too brutally honest, especially to the people closest to me.
I'll just quote what you said, cause it's perfect. I can relate.

AC
, in 5th, , ,
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:42 AM

Just like any other member stated. Mercury in Sagittarius have no time to bother smaller details and talks the bigger picture.

For Example:
Person 1 says A
Person 2 says B
Person 3 says C
Person 4 (with Mercury in Sag) says Alphabet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gogo91 For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (10-22-2016), Ebenia (01-24-2014)
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:45 AM

My sister is a Capricorn and one minute she is all business,serious and harsh,then her Mercury in Sagittarius kicks in and she just switches gears,and it's a different game entirely.I like that side of her better.She starts questioning things,philosophizing,rambling at times, and goes off in all sorts od different directions that I don't see coming.It's a softer side to her and I never quite know what to expect.I would ask her advice in making a decision and at first she would be really logical--'No,don't do that, for reasons A,B and C just really lay it out there in practical and pragmatic terms,and then 5 minutes later she would say, 'Well maybe...' and essentially start waffling,like she can suddenly look at 10 different perspectives.She starts philosophizing,rambling on,and she's not quite so sure of herself since there is a larger picture happening.She becomes kinder,not so harsh, and I like to philosophize along with her (Jupiter in Sag).She becomes more thoughtful,more open.I like that side of her.It's quite a contrast,shocking some times.Being super rational at times, then just becoming really philosophical.I like Mercury in Sagittarius,and Mercury/Jupiter aspects.Things aren't so black and white,and they like to tell long stories with a moral at the end!

Last edited by hodad; 04-05-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Hah! hodad, that sounds like me, except I don't go through Cap mode before landing in Sag mode. I live there.

AC
, in 5th, , ,
Unread 04-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robots View Post
That's so like me - a result of Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius. Mercury rules my 3rd house and Saturn is there so this reinforces the fact that I am not exactly a chatterbox and prefer to express myself in writing but there's a lot going on inside and I have great conversations with myself!!Luckily Saturn in Gemini in 3rd brings structure and attention to detail.

Oh and I certainly suffer from the foot in mouth syndrome
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi_Sadge View Post
That's so like me - a result of Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius. Mercury rules my 3rd house and Saturn is there so this reinforces the fact that I am not exactly a chatterbox and prefer to express myself in writing but there's a lot going on inside and I have great conversations with myself!!Luckily Saturn in Gemini in 3rd brings structure and attention to detail.

Oh and I certainly suffer from the foot in mouth syndrome

Yes, me too! I have Mercury in Sag in the 9th conjunct my Sun (same degree - combust).
My thoughts sometimes are so fast and scattered, that I find I can express myself in writing so much better! I can stop, and process, and try to make some sort of sense from my wild thoughts.
I can be a chatterbox, if given the right topic to talk about...I have to be interested, otherwise I won't really say much at all. Although, as a kid I talked a lot, and my Mum called me Little Miss Chatterbox!
I have always been one to question everything "why? why?" Haha!

...and foot in mouth...absolutely! Although I am getting better with age!
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Account Closed

Sometimes I feel like I just can't string a sentence together! However, if I can write it down, it just flows! It can be frustrating not being able to communicate clearly sometimes, as in my mind it all makes sense! Ha! I just can't get it out clearly!

Another thing, for me, is that I can get loud when I talk! I can become boisterous and excited, and I have been told "shhhhhhhh!!!" on a number of occasions in galleries and libraries! Haha!

Any others with Mercury in Sag find this?
Unread 04-08-2012, 08:02 PM

OMG, YES! Family told me a lot to not be so loud when talking, but I think they've given up.

I only talk when I'm passionate about something. Otherwise I just listen and drift off into thoughts that actually interest me. Then I return to Earth and realize I have no idea what people are talking about anymore!

I have very high ideals - declared as unachievable by some (which I consider to be BS, because I live them). 4 planets in Sag, 3 planets and NN in Virgo will do that I guess. Normally I have to write or at least walk away and prepare my words if I want to make a point verbally. Otherwise I get lost in the universe of my thoughts and come across as a loony. Or at least as if I hadn't thought things through - which I always do!

The only time I know to express myself extremely well and without preparation is when I get to talk about ethics and morals - probably because everything triggers me to think about them. Suddenly everything becomes clear and organized. It's why I feel the urge to get into politics... Saturn in Virgo combined with Merc in Sag?

AC
, in 5th, , ,

Last edited by Aeryn; 04-08-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeryn View Post
OMG, YES! Family told me a lot to not be so loud when talking, but I think they've given up.

I only talk when I'm passionate about something. Otherwise I just listen and drift off into thoughts that actually interest me. Then I return to Earth and realize I have no idea what people are talking about anymore!

I have very high ideals - declared as unachievable by some (which I consider to be BS, because I live them). 4 planets in Sag, 3 planets and NN in Virgo will do that I guess. Normally I have to write or at least walk away and prepare my words if I want to make a point verbally. Otherwise I get lost in the universe of my thoughts and come across as a loony. Or at least as if I hadn't thought things through - which I always do!

The only time I know to express myself extremely well and without preparation is when I get to talk about ethics and morals - probably because everything triggers me to think about them. Suddenly everything becomes clear and organized. It's why I feel the urge to get into politics... Saturn in Virgo combined with Merc in Sag?
Haha! I'm the same with only talking when it is something that really interests me, otherwise, I don't really have much to say at all!

Oh, and high ideals - yes! Don't get me started on that... I am all for that! I am also very idealistic, which mostly is not a problem, as I think it helps in the creativity department. However, at least you have lots of Virgo to ground you...I have no Earth! Ha! I can get lost in my "ideal" world...

It can be difficult to express all those thoughts verbally, sometimes though, can't it? Thankfully, we can write it down!

Also, the fact that you love talking about ethics and morals...very Sagittarian indeed.
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:37 PM

Oh I get lost, too. A process aided by my Sun being clouded by Neptune and my Mercury being entangled with my Moon, all in Sag. I love it! But ****... I gotta fight pretty hard to stay present when times are rough. I tend to prefer to disappear from the world through... say... astrology research. Or making plan after plan on what I'm going to do, but not ever getting started with actually doing it. Because a better idea is born every day! The dark side of Sagittarius.

AC
, in 5th, , ,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeryn For This Useful Post:
catbebe20 (10-14-2012), la dona (01-01-2013)
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
I tend to prefer to disappear from the world through... say... astrology research. Or making plan after plan on what I'm going to do, but not ever getting started with actually doing it. Because a better idea is born every day! The dark side of Sagittarius.
Yes, what is that?!? Is that Neptune with Sun and Mercury in Sag? Or just a general Sag trait? I wish I knew too... I also have this problem...

I think this can be an issue with having high ideals...sometimes we make lofty plans, however we never get started because either we are afraid it won't ever be as great as we imagined, or we come up with another, better idea!! Ha!

Sorry, this is slightly off topic of Mercury in Sagittarius...or maybe not? maybe a new Sagittarius thread is in order...

(My inner voice says "great idea Sagittarius, why don't you get started on that?" haha!)
Unread 05-13-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Oh I get lost, too. A process aided by my Sun being clouded by Neptune and my Mercury being entangled with my Moon, all in Sag. I love it! But ****... I gotta fight pretty hard to stay present when times are rough. I tend to prefer to disappear from the world through... say... astrology research. Or making plan after plan on what I'm going to do, but not ever getting started with actually doing it. Because a better idea is born every day! The dark side of Sagittarius.

This is me!
Couldn't be put any better.

I think it could be down to both PisceanPallas
I have my Sun conjunct Neptune and Mercury in Sag and definitely fall victim / am blessed by this !

My Sun and Venus conjunct Saturn in Cap however, all wish I stuck to my plans in a more orderly fashion...
Unread 05-13-2012, 06:35 PM

I know someone with Scorpio Sun and Mercury in Saggi. He doesnt speak fast but he goes into unnecessary long details so much so that conversation will take quite an opposite route. The details are so long, unnecessary and irrelevant that the person he's talking to gets bored and this takes even hours, He'll speak on and on and on. He misses the point and then insists that he's always right. He'd even go to the extent of arguing. Many people have started avoiding him for his long details.

If I could speak words of water,
You would drown when I said
'I love you.'
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanaqua View Post
I know someone with Scorpio Sun and Mercury in Saggi. He doesnt speak fast but he goes into unnecessary long details so much so that conversation will take quite an opposite route. The details are so long, unnecessary and irrelevant that the person he's talking to gets bored and this takes even hours, He'll speak on and on and on. He misses the point and then insists that he's always right. He'd even go to the extent of arguing. Many people have started avoiding him for his long details.
Is he fascinated by these little details? Or does he simply waffle and ramble on without noticing that he's doing it?

I'd think that his Scorpio sun likes to delve deep and deal with the nitty gritty, followed by Sag Merc then looking at it and thinking "ooh! Look at it! Isn't it pretty!" Normally Scorpio likes to keep such discoveries to himself cause knowledge is power, but Sag doesn't think in those terms at all and just blurts it out. The self-righteousness is also something I recognise to be very Sagittarian.

We know we can trust our instincts, but sometimes forget that we, too, are human and maybe the information we're basing our opinion on is wrong, leading us to perfectly valid, yet wrong conclusions! Anybody else get this?

AC
, in 5th, , ,
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:17 PM

I am also a Scorpio, with Mercury in Sagittarius... but I dont usually ramble on. (This could also be because I have my Sun and Pluto in 3rd house. Private, more meaningful communications )

I'd really look to your Neptune for any contact with Mercury, or if your Mercury is in 12th house, 1st house, or any harsh contacts to your Sun or Ascendant..

Visit: https://exemplore.com/astrology/Deat...8th-House-Cusp

Last edited by Ixaee; 05-13-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanaqua View Post
LOL!! I know someone exactly like that! You just have to say at some point shut up!

I think they are really having an argument with themselves.

Tags
mercury, sagittarius