Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 04-19-2006, 04:12 AM

how long does it take to study astrology??

how much time do u need to study astrology from basic and advance?? and tell us about your experience..

Unread 04-19-2006, 05:12 AM

Re: how long does it take to study astrology??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane23
how much time do u need to study astrology from basic and advance?? and tell us about your experience..
For me, to get down the absolute basics (houses, planets, aspects, signs, and general philosophies) it took me about 7 months of reading about it almost every day.

I don't learn very quickly, though, and I'm sure others have done it quicker.
Unread 04-19-2006, 05:28 AM

im only familiar with few basics.. it took me years!! but i dont read it everyday though.

im thinking of studying it more but i dont have extra time .. it might take awhile.
Unread 04-19-2006, 04:37 PM

How can one put time constraints on a process?

I have been a member of this forum since October 2005 and having been studying astrology almost every single day, but there is still so much for me to learn! I cannot answer with any certainty when or even if I crossed the threshold from beginner to intermediate, as I am constantly assimilating experience and knowledge. Indeed, I have reached an understanding with myself that whenever I attempt to label certain aspects of astrology and categorize them into neat little boxes--as is often a situation I encounter with my sixth house Virgo South Node--my logical mind cannot fathom astrology as well as my intuition.

Arian Maverick
Unread 04-19-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane23
I've been studying, teaching, writing about, and counseling with astrology for 36 years and I'm definitely still learning !

~ Alex
Unread 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM

What amzolt said! One never finishes learning astrology.

TRANSITIONS http://deniselefay.wordpress.com
Unread 04-19-2006, 09:36 PM

You never finish learning astrology, but if you study it sistematically using good books one year should be enough to master the basics,

Blumen

http://avventureastrologiche.blogspot.com
Unread 04-21-2006, 04:24 PM

do u only study western astrology or other types. which ones are difficult, and easy? reliable?
Unread 04-21-2006, 07:43 PM

I have practiced a little known form of Chinese "astrology" for a while, but now I only study western astrology. All forms of astrology can be reliable in my opinion, as for what form of astrology is the easiest to learn, I would say that learning a form of astrology close to your culture is easier

Blumen
Unread 04-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Hi Jane,

I don't think you ever stop learning, about anything.

Draco
Unread 06-22-2006, 07:34 PM

I think it depend on how you study and how many time you spend on the process.

I didn´t learned by hard, and I started when I was very little (11 years old). It took me maybe one year to learn the basics, but I remember I could associate something but couldn´t figure out others.

The other advantage to learn with an astrologer is that you may ask whatever yo don´t understand, while if you do it alone, it may take longer.

The best way to master astrology for me is to try interpreting charts while you are in the process of studying , maybe after you know all tha basics.

And, yes, you are always learning new things...

To sum up...

It´s best to study with an astrologer, or somebody who is more advanced.
Investigate on your own.
Read interpretations done by others.
Interpret your own chart and the people you know.
Once you masted the basic, add more objects and details, variations to your charts (add chiron, nodes, asteroids, etc)
Check everything, try before you make a conclusion, don´t believe blindly in everything you are told.
Be optimistic, and believe in free-will.
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane23 View Post
In my experience to get a grip on the basics and to be able to read your own chart first and foremost depends on how long and hard you are willing to study. Experience is essential and practise practise of charts. I conduct free lessons with basic astrology and then into advanced and there are 12 lessons in the basics.. So if you are diligent and learn one lesson a week then you have an understanding in about 3- 4 months and then go on.....
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
im only familiar with few basics.. it took me years!! but i dont read it everyday though.

im thinking of studying it more but i dont have extra time .. it might take awhile.
I agree that it is an ongoing subject and after 30 years I am still open to learning more.
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
do u only study western astrology or other types. which ones are difficult, and easy? reliable?
In my experience Western astrology and Chinese. Not to decry the Indian or any other science as I have no experience of them. But as a Westerner I find the Tropical as they call it, best.

A complex science and art that is Astrology cannot be called easy. I feel you have to have a calling and absolutely love it in order to persist with it.
You need a good Uranus or strong Aquarius for instance.

Mine is conjunct the NOrth Node so it is inevitable as well as being well aspected to the Sun and Jupiter.......the greatest and most enduring passion of my life. That I am able to guide others in a deep and meaningful way is so rewarding.
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumen View Post
You never finish learning astrology, but if you study it sistematically using good books one year should be enough to master the basics,

Blumen
Actually there are many free basic lessons on the net. Just print them out and learn at your own pace. Some even have feed back and quizzes.

I am one of those persons.

irishchat@hotmail.com
Unread 08-08-2009, 07:19 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to alternativebeliefs

Astrology is like life, you learn something new everyday. Don't ask me what analogy would be true for death!
Unread 08-23-2009, 07:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to ruzi

I'm still learning but all together 13 years.
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:57 PM

for as long as your alive and astrogy srill is around
Unread 10-23-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
It's a lot to take it and we all learn at our own pace. It will take me years to fully understand it!
Unread 10-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativebeliefs View Post
...Don't ask me what analogy would be true for death!
Understanding the value of astrology, but no longer having the eyesight to see/read a chart?
Unread 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Banned

Like everyone has said, we are ALL still learning at differing degrees. Plus it depends on what you want to do with all this knowledge once you have acquired. Do you want to make a living out of it? just do it for fun? Everyone learns at different rates, all depends on how interested and keen you are to learn. If you are extremely keen, you will learn quicker......
Jane23,
Quote:
I have taught Astrology is Adult Education, written a diploma and am guest lecturer on board cruise ships--- public speaking on astrology.
Unread 11-06-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Like the others said, it's a process that never ends. Go to the countryside on a clear night & look at the stars. Locate the planets, constellations. Keep doing this until you feel something. The Universe will speak to you. What is It saying? That's what will be found in your chart.

The planets (wanderers) are Gods & Goddesses wanting to live on earth & through us they desire to be noticed. That's why they teach us lessons. Explore & enjoy your journey.