cassanra's SR interpretation

cassanra

Re: Discussion Solar Returns Starlinks Article

Since I am a few months into my solar arc for 2008/2009 I wanted to share my experiences in reference to the chart interpretation. If anyone has any perspectives thats great!
My 10th natal house is rising ruled by Saturn. N-saturn is in the 12th and solar is in the 8th. So work will be a focus but transformation of such and things behind the scenes playing out related to work.
The sun (and this varies from house program to another) appears to be in the fifth, others put in on the cusp of the 6th. since it is so close to the 6th will focus on sixth house. The focus is on health, work.
Jupiter rx so close to ASC increases it as a focus. Natal Jupiter is in the 10th. Rx implies a return to previous conditions, natal Jupiter is in the 8th so natal 8th and solar 10th with asc Jupiter rx imply a rebirth, transformation of work and return to former conditions
-I got a call yesterday and they want me to move back into our main office where I have not been in some 6 or 7 years.
Sun on sixth conjunct Venus in sixth...loved ones health? co-worker? It is opposed by Pluto from the 12th but the aspect is wide but Pluto is active close to natal Saturn.
-transformation, hidden secretes, separating, power struggles? work habits, co-workers, daily routine. Since it is at 0 degrees can we assume that it is more a wide spread affect than a personal issue.
SR Moon is in the 9th house in Libra and natal moon...travel? (not yet) legal issue (some with ex-husband and child support) it is in the harmonious balance with a trine to sun/Venus? and sextile mars
Natal moon is in 8th house again implying rebirth/transformation which complements jupiter-natal at MC
Natal Neptune is with in five degrees of MC on 9th house side and solar Neptune is in aspect to cusp of second.
So we have 10th, second and sixth houses indicating some change in situation involving work. With Neptune it may tell us of dissolve of old situations to be replaced by new or deception or imagination?
solar Neptune opposes solar mars. Mars is with nodes as well as vertex indicating some sort of fatal event. Natal mars/Venus are in solar 7th increasing focus on partnerships. natal mars does not form any aspects to the solar planets though it does form some partile/close aspects to the cusps of the solar 3/9 and MC/IC which may describe the action of the mars/neptune opposition with the nodes telling us about communication/legal and about dissolve of work/family? hope not...and this is in relation to ?do I connect it to partnerships? Does Neptune on the second tell us more?
- I have had problems with my ex-changing jobs like each month now and telling kind of late on the deal so I have been struggling financially. Could this be it or is there more to know?
I think that covers it and what I have learned so far in how the solar has played out...
Does anyone see anything else...it has gotten increasingly interesting since about august when my lunar charts started reflecting some changes and November looks also like a significant month then after feb. the lunars start showing a different kind of picture and then I start looking at 2009/10

Attachments

• astro_31gw_01_cass_20081115_hr.73478.3464.gif
    astro_31gw_01_cass_20081115_hr.73478.3464.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Re: Discussion Solar Returns Starlinks Article

Hi Cassandra, may I ask you why you are using Regiomontanus houses? I only use those in Horary Astrology and natal is mostly done with either Koch or Placidus.

Curious, Starlink

EJ53

Banned
Hi Cassandra,

I see you have Pisces/Virgo intercepted in 12th/6th natally and 2nd/8th in Solar Return. How would you interpret this?

Natally, I know the duplicated Cancer/Capricorn signs respectively indicate a need to change something about your attitude to 4th and 10th house matters, which is adversely affecting the 5th and 11th houses - and doing so will release the benefits of Pisces/Virgo.

So, my assumption is that, in the SR chart, the duplicated Taurus/Scorpio signs indicate a need to change something about your attitude to 4th and 10th house matters (again) which is adversely affecting the 5th and 11th houses - and doing so will release the benefits of Taurus/Scorpio.

Clearly, the 4th/10th attitude change is the focus of the interceptions in both charts - but, have you any idea yet of what that change might be?

EJ:)

cassanra

EJ, I thank you for your observations and notes on intercepted. I did not think about it.
I know there are many things that I could bear improving with each of those things...work,status and home, family. I would not know where to start on that one. I can tell you what started around my solar return and maybe what was going on when that area or the planets that rule that area were triggered.
Shortly after the solar return the opening for the managers job came open. I did not get the last one and was able to deal more with the dissappointment but I had some quite transforming emotional moments when I found out I did not get the job in august. The sun at that juncture was at the cusp of the solar 8th house....death and rebirth really of my career as I do feel like it was at that moment that I knew I could not go that direction ie management, that I was fooling myself about it. I had put a lot of focus on that and not so much on dealing with another relationship that had pushed me away. The transiting sun was square pluto/venus opposition when I stuck my neck out to make that relationship come back together even though I feared rejection...Halloween night the sun transited the MC. I am not sure I can remember much of anything accept sitting outside handing out candy and it seemed like a thousand teenagers running in and out of my house:)
I feel somewhat confused by this idea....not that it is not really got something there as i think it does, I am just not sure how to put those pieces together....
Starlink here is the chart in the appropriate house system

Attachments

• astro_31gw_01_cass_20081118_hp.5993.19625.gif
    astro_31gw_01_cass_20081118_hp.5993.19625.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 27

EJ53

Banned
Cassandra said:
...I feel somewhat confused by this idea....not that it is not really got something there as i think it does, I am just not sure how to put those pieces together....

Hi again Cassandra,

Looking at how interceptions work in SRs is new/confusing to me too, but I'm familiar with them in natal charts - and suspect that resolving/understanding the temporary ones in SRs might provide an insight into the permanent natal interception. If so, it would be a pity not to learn from any that appear in Solar Returns, as the benefits of unlocking them natally can be substantial - but this is just supposition/theory on my part.

With the Placidus system, I see the duplicated SR signs have changed to Gemini/Sagittarius and the 5th/11th are now the houses indicating an attitude that might need to change - with the 6th/12th houses being adversely affected by the latter in the meantime. (Interestingly though, the manager example you quote does fit both the natal and the Regimontanus SR.)

Only you have the knowledge/experience to ascertain what this 5/11 attitude actually is - but to illustrate, let's assume it concerns personal creativity and working in groups. Then, you might believe wrongly that you are not a creative person and/or would be uncomfortable leading/managing groups of people that are creative. In turn, this wrong attitude could adversely affect the 6th/12th houses by making you unable to serve others by leading such groups - thus denying you the benefits of intercepted Virgo/Pisces in 8th/2nd. So, by changing the wrong attitude, you open the door to the benefits of the intercepted signs - which, in this example, might be financial rewards and the pleasure that comes from serving others in the way you were born to do.

Hopefully, this explains "how to put the pieces together" both for the SR and natal interceptions. But, it's never easy to do so in practice - or to decide if the effort involved outweighs the potential benefits.

cassanra

EJ, you have given me a great amount of 'food for thought" and makes sense with all the events that are happening in my life right now that have this 'fated' quality.
You may have seen my postings horary and event about the request for me to move back into the main hub of my job which I separated from some 6 or 7 years ago (being given a a satellite office for purposes of the agency), which has the transiting sun at 22 degrees the day I was asked. the 22 degree mark in scorpio aspects many of the planets that are in play this solar return with sextile to RX jupiter (returning to a former state) inconjunct the sun/venus (adjustments to be made, mistakes seen) , trine urnaus indicating the unexpected nature, and squaring the vertx, north node, neptune, mars opposition. I am curious to see what will happen when the sun aspects pluto at 0 degrees next month and might be the timing of the move back into the main building.
Ej again thanks for your input on this as i would not have noticed it and gave me great insight into the events that are happening and maybe some reasurance that some good can come of it as I am dreading it

EJ53

Banned
Off-topic here but, after looking at your progressions+transits+SR, the focus seems to be upon your natal Pluto/Neptune/Saturn/Chiron/Mercury configuration - plus those intercepted signs/houses. And, it's Pluto that is being "triggered" here - so, I'd expect the outcome to be a transformation of your thinking/attitude towards work and relationships.

Are you perhaps putting the needs of your employer too far ahead of your own? (If so, remember that the first priority of employees is to take care of themselves - otherwise illness/tiredness ultimately deprives the employer of their services.)

cassanra

Thank you EJ.Thank you so much for taking a lott at alll of that as it helps to get a fresh perspective. I have been looking at SR neptune affect and looking at the transits uranus and saturn to 3/6 but could not see much in progressions. Will there be clues on my attitude adjustment? I do not feel I put too much emphasis on work....sometimes I think not enough, I am definitely relooking at my worry about my home. I have a constant feeling of not being perfect...even at work and I think that indeed is the Pluto in virgo/pisces conflict I read about last night....detail in service opposite acceptance of what I can do and a larger picture.....compasssion. Maybe that does steal awa y from 5th house issues. I have learned so much. thanks again.

EJ53

Banned
cassanra said:
....Will there be clues on my attitude adjustment?

Progressed Saturn retrograde in Capricorn/9th (from natal 10th) trine natal Pluto in Virgo/6th : Progressed Saturn/Pluto respectively in Progressed 7th/4th houses : Progressed 2/8 axis conjunct natal 4/10 axis.

But I'll PM you on this, as it involves the very off-topic subject of karma.

cassanra

Okay I did not see the cusps in the progression. I have noticed the saturn pluto intersect but they have been around for a long time. They are active now by transits so I have been sort of waiting for the 'ta-da' of it but obviously it is going to be subtler than anticipated. I suspect you are right and karma is the key.

starlink

Sorry for not getting back to this thread Cassandra. Meanwhile EJ has taken a few good punches at it, must read through them slowly. (so much to read today, not only this, sigh.....) and see what I maybe could add.

Cheers, Star.

starlink

Hi Cass, you wrote:

Shortly after the solar return the opening for the managers job came open. I did not get the last one and was able to deal more with the dissappointment but I had some quite transforming emotional moments when I found out I did not get the job in august.
Probably this was due to natal Neptune conjunct your Solar MC.

The Solar Return Ascendant is falling in your natal 10th house, showing indeed that career will be a focus this year as well as the 6th house where your SR Sun is now positioned in the SR chart, as well as SR Venus and you then asked:
Sun on sixth conjunct Venus in sixth...loved ones health? co-worker?
Loves one's health, ha ha, that is a good one! No I dont think so, it is more to do with either finances or a relationship, which could be a business relationship as well of course, not necessary love. But of course, SR Moon is in your natal 7th as well so we cant rule that one out .

So we have 10th, second and sixth houses indicating some change in situation involving work. With Neptune it may tell us of dissolve of old situations to be replaced by new or deception or imagination?
Why would it be change? Lets follow the "rules". One of the statements therein says, Uranus or Moon in 6 or 10th house. Neither one of them is in the SR houses indicated. SR Moon is in the 9th, Uranus in the 3rd. SR Moon squares SR Jupiter and Ascendant. Jupiter is the ruler of your 9th natal house. This to me indicates more legal issues (looking at the Moon I mean) then work issues. Because Moon is natally in your 6th house of work, it could maybe have to do with some legalities concerning your work as well as with the childsupport money because Moon rules the 5th natally. Because Sun and Venus both just entered the 6th SR house, that Venus shows money here as it rules your natal 2nd house.

Lets go back a minute when observing the Solar Return.
I always look first at the natal chart and which transits are busy affecting me at the moment. So get a feel for what is going on only by that. Also look at your progressed Moon and Sun and if you will, the progr. 10th house ruler.

OK, we saw that exact Uranus square Sun, sure sign of change somewhere.Uranus rules the 12th and is in your natal 12th. The 12th is a difficult house to interprete because it involves vague things and situations we cannot put our finger on. karmic stuff as well. Uranus is "trapped" in Pisces in your 12th, making Neptune co-ruler of your 12th. What is tr.Neptune doing? Neptune is in your natal 11th and inconjuncts simultaneously Sun and Moon! but in the Solar Return chart Neptune forms a trine with Sun and Moon, forming a Grand Trine. So there is definitively a connection this year between these three. You seem to be able to resolve the inherent tension of the inconjuncts.

Sun rules your 6th house, Moon rules your 4th and 5th and Neptune, co-ruler of your subconscious 12th maybe asks of you to make a choice between family (and children if you have them), and work. In the SR Moon squares the Asc. and Sun sesquiquadrates the MC, as well as Venus (natal 2 & 7 and SR 4 & 9) and Uranus (natal 12th and SR 2nd). I have a feeling that you are dealing maybe with an internal conflict between family duties and work maybe.

Pluto, conjunct your natal MC is definitively a sign of deep transformational changes in your social environment, status or career and when it conjuncts Saturn lateron, some longstanding and established sitations (and your hopes & ideals, friends also, as Saturn rules the 11th) probably could dissolve completely, not without deep emotional turmoil for you as the square to the Ascendant suggests and having an impact also on your way of thinking about family matters versus career in general.

Venus and Uranus make a conjunction in your natal chart and in the SR chart they form a square which shows changes in income or finances and also your home as Uranus rules your 2nd in the SR and Venus the 4th and 9th. Venus rules your 2nd in your natal chart. So maybe these changes do have something to do with the legal matters concerning child support.

Most occupied quadrants are 1-4 and 5-8, showing personal needs and interpersonal involvement highlighted for this year.

Moon, Sun and Venus in cadent houses could show change as well and mental activity. It could be difficult for you to concentrate on one thing at a time and you need to be adaptable.

Now, as you might know, SR planets are only to be considered active when they aspect a natal planet. So we have to be vigilant with:
SR Pluto conjunct Natal Saturn
SR Saturn conjunct Natal Pluto
(did you see this? I just noticed it by writing it down! Double wammy!
SR Venus conjunct natal Sun
SR Mercury very widely conjuncts natal Sun. He is also retro so makes even more distance, but over the year will approach Sun again.
SR Uranus exactly squares natal Sun
SR Moon trines natal Sun (good sign for health by the way)
SR Jupiter trines natal Moon, sextiles natal Jupiter (not bad!)
SR Mars squares natal Jupiter and sextiles natal Sun.

Solar Return Moon forms an inconjunct with SR Uranus and Natal Sun!!
SR Jupiter forms a YOD with SR Mars and SouthNode and Natal Sun.
When a SR existing quincunx forms a Yod with a natal planet, then this could indicate a great choice to be made that year.

Last observation: Cardinal Ascendant and Fixed MC in the Solar Return:
You could start energetic and end the year by completing what you wanted to do. Saturn, ruler of the SR Asc. trines Pluto, ruler of the SR MC which also shows that certain plans, especially career or future plans, could find a positive ending. Saturn even sextiles the SR MC. Saturn rules the MC in your natal chart, so you see how nicely they all interact, natal and solar.

Starlink:)

cassanra

Okay you just blew me away!
Of course as a single parent I have always had a conflict between my energy divided. Since they are teens I am reluctant to spend too much time away even though they need me less so part time work has not been an option.
My parents are elderly and I am geographically closer to my mom (4 hours awaywho had a mild stroke this year) . There has been much discussion about if she were to move here. thus the concern for loved ones health etc.
As the SR return came to pass in june the child support issue has continued to be an on going issue with him getting a job, quitting it getting another, quitting it. He decided to pick up truck driving again (9th house?). The job changes and managers issues and now a potential move (though I really wonder if that is going to happen). The relationship of 12 years took a sudden turn in SR2007 with the death of his father and illness of his mother and his care of them. We agreed to try to work things out but we have been very much at a distance in the last year. This year in June it seemed we were beginning a journey back to each other but with a lot of fits and starts and self-questioning. Is this worth it and ready to throw in the towel. Never been one to be patient. We we seem to be chipping away at it but I don't know. I wonder over and over if he has picked up someone else though he attests not to have. its a head scratcher. I would be devastated if it finally ended for good...that could be the 11th house saturn . We have not really been able to come together as he is someone that I work with in a different department so we keep a very low profile. I have always been concerned that opening that up would invite a lot of grief for both of us. He has kids (grown though) I have kids.(he does not want to raise anymore) ...toooo complicated.

Why did you laugh about the health and venus/sun issue? That got my attention and fast:) Was I way off base or was there something there that I need to worry about.
I saw the yod at the beginning of the year and have not paid much attention since since I figured it was just an energy direction for me. I did not see it as a choice. I seem to rarely have choices these days.
Legal issues...a little bit. Had to contact my old attorney (after 13 years) to get child support but it was a fairly straight forward deal but a surprise none the less and not one I would have ever predicted.
Finances yes....I am a walking nightmare of worry as car, furnace, leaky faucets etc seem to be dogging me. About the time I think child support will settle back down he quits the job..OMG but I seem to be creeping ahead and being more thrifty with my 'getto'car (my kids call it).
WEll it seems the year has still a bunch to hold...and you have given me a great deal to think about. That was amazing. I thought I had it all figured out...not.
The lunars after feb due seem to point to something happening and I have begun the deciphering. It does apppear on going issues with finances and possibly the child support being increasingly difficult if not stopped all together for some reason and some sort of legal issues might ensue (god forbid)
Your interpretations have given me new insight. I am amazed at how you incorporated the natal into solar. And i see now, from how you did it, more of how the two work together to solve the puzzle. I have been reading the solar as more stand alone but I see from what you and EJ shared that you have to see the life of the individual and how it might play out. Thank you again.

starlink

Thanks for your elaborate reply Cassandra!
Why did you laugh about the health and venus/sun issue? That got my attention and fast:) Was I way off base or was there something there that I need to worry about.
As so often happens with writing, things get misunderstood and I of course read your: "loved one's health" as you, loving your health LOL!! It did not even occur to me that you were talking about your "loved one's". Too funny and now I am really laughing at how I misread that!! That's all. I think your health will be fine this year, due to the favorable Sun-Moon aspects. Also your Mars, ruling your physical body, is now placed angular and in a fire sign, Leo and making sextiles to Sun and Moon. The opposition to Neptune could refer to imaginary illnesses, like hypochondria or psychologically caused un-well feelings, especiall worries about money (Neptune in 2 in Solar Return).

Interesting you tell me about your husbands working trouble. I was about to integrate that but thought that because we are talking about your year I would not mention it.
As you can see, he is Moon and in his 3rd house of short journeys (in the SR chart) exactly squaring Jupiter, showing difficulties for expansion for himself. Venus who rules Moon is in his 12th and squares Uranus, showing constant changes. Venus also rules his 10th in the SR chart.

In your natal chart your husbands 10th house of career is ruled by the Moon and you know what the Moon is like, up and down, unstable at times and restless at best. Mercury is placed there and opposes Saturn, showing difficulties to overcome in the career and looking after his family (Saturn rules his 4th). His 2nd house, ruled by Scorpio has Jupiter retro in it, square Chiron, so this also shows that income could be a painful issue for him and Jupiter squares it's own ruler Pluto who also happens to be in his 12th as well as inconjuncting your Sun, showing his unease towards you because of this problem.

Now, comparing both charts, you see that SR Moon (your husband) squares Jupiter, again retro, who in your natal chart is positioned in his 2nd house.

It is fascinating if you take the 7th as being his house and then look at the rest of the chart like a normal birthchart for him. Same can be done for your first child, and anything else. What I recently do, thanks to Theo by the way, is comparing my birthchart (with known time) to my sunrise chart.(which is different from a Solar chart often used when no birthtime is present) It shows an incredible amount of things which ring very true to me.
From now on, when I dont have an exact birthtime or no time at all, I calculate a chart according to the moment the Sun rises on that day. Try it. You can find a table for all the years in the internet.

cassanra

I am going to spend more time on it but I start feeling confused when i add too many variables in on understanding something. Its like reading a precessed and non precessed solar at the same time. At some point my mind cracks:)

starlink

Hi Cass, hope you wont get too confused. This Sunrise chart I only do for natal charts, I dont use it as a Solar Return chart, allthough you probably could by lack of a birthtime and using the Sunrise chart as the only one.

Its like reading a precessed and non precessed solar at the same time

I dont really understand what you mean by this "precessed".
I just look at natal chart, then at the Sunrise chart for the same person and see what more I can find in the latter one. This only for natal interpretation.

As for Solar Return charts, you take natal and put solar return next to it or you make the double chart like you did (but next time preferrably with aspects as without that it is very difficult to see which aspects are repeated in the SR chart which are in the natal chart.

As to your question about Mars and Venus conjunctions. Again, look which house Mars and Venus in your natal chart signify, then which houses they rule in the Solar Return chart. Maybe they rule 3rd and 11th or something like that, not the 1st and the 7th (more for relationships).

I have noticed that in a natal chart you often see a Uranus-Venus aspect, or rather Venus hitting on Uranus, indication a sudden relationship (not necessarily a permanent one). Also a Venus-Pluto connection can bring a person into your life with whom you might have a karmic connection. Progressed Venus is very prominent, more so than transiting Venus of course.

When you see this in your natal chart, then have a look and see what the Solar Return chart tells you. Where is your natal chart Venus in that SR chart? which house? maybe that tells you where you could meet the "maybe" relationship. Progressed Venus conjunct angles (or with another aspect to the angles, especially Asc.) is often more serious.

Personally I really do see far more by just looking at progressed Moon, Sun, Venus , Mars and Mercury in the natal chart than the Solar Return chart.
In the SR chart I just tend to look at where the accent of the year will fall, where my Sun and Moon will play out mainly, but I dont go too deep into details as it is very easy to loose yourself. Also, a Solar Return chart very often does not show anything, a year without anything major happening as well as that it can purely show what you would like to happen and not necessarily what will happen. In other words, it very often so happens that the SR chart shows your state of mind.
I think I mentioned this already somewhere else. A client had her mind on finding work, her SR chart showed a packed 6th house and nothing happened that year, she did not find work. She just concentrated so much on the idea, that it was reflected in her chart. Just always keep this in the back of your mind when reading a SR chart.